ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread tWSU vs uu

2 plays into this defensive series, coming on the heels of a TO on downs, and it's looking great. Could we possibly string together a 2nd consecutive excellent stand here?

Funny listening to them discussing Huntley breaking Alex Smith's passing record

Utah is notoriously constipated (present game excluded) and Alex Smith was a notorious game manager who threw 2 yard passes

Cougs were unlucky on that 4th down play.
Don't know about the PI call but as long as they call it both ways.
21-13 Utes at the half
Cougs are still in this game. Will probably need a turnover or two to make it back.

Huntley looks like Marshawn Lynch battering his way through our defense. Our defense looks like it's at the end of a Pop Warner 2-a-day. Aren't you supposed to - within reason - knock the QB's block off to put the fear of God in him? Or it's OK that he's going beast mode. Where is the pride?

Don’t let the defensive troubles distract you from the fact Gordon has looked terrified all night.

Reactions: ATACFD
No leaders on D. Bunch of lost souls running around
Don’t let the defensive troubles distract you from the fact Gordon has looked terrified all night.
yeah stuff is there he’s missing it. Doesn’t help the weather is crap but Gordon’s getting fooled by Utah’s D big time. See if he can adjust.

yeah stuff is there he’s missing it. Doesn’t help the weather is crap but Gordon’s getting fooled by Utah’s D big time. See if he can adjust.
Gotta use his feet.

You'd think if he were terrified he'd take off down the field faster. I thought he was going to stop and start giving a speech.

Stating the obvious but we really need a stop on the first drive of the second half - don’t want to be down 15 in this rain.

Need to include Borghi in passing game. Utah got destroyed on 50/50 balls on deep balls. Need Patmon and Tay to get off press.

He’s not getting fooled, he just doesn’t have very good vision. He’s been failing to spot open receivers all season.

Reactions: walzuu
They have a bell cow back. Run him.

I understand the concept of distributing the ball around 5 guys. I do not believe you can ignore HOW the ball is distributed. I do not believe you can ignore adding a 6th player moving the ball (qb run). I dont believe you can ignore WHERE the ball is distributed. You sure as hell cant ignore the bell cow.

Mike Leach will never win a title until he adds more dimensions to his offense. Never.

Reactions: Coug90
The good news is we still have Stanford and OSU on the schedule.

air raid is really weather dependent, power running game can play anywhere. Bad weather really handcuffs this O. My only criticism for the playcalling is use borghi on the ground more-especially in the red zone with pouring rain.

Now the D is another matter

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Cougs were unlucky on that 4th down play.
Don't know about the PI call but as long as they call it both ways.
21-13 Utes at the half
Cougs are still in this game. Will probably need a turnover or two to make it back.

That really was incredible bad luck on that 4th down. This Huntley kid is a fighter. They popped him pretty hard that whole drive and he just kept coming. That really is his best trait and a tough one for the defense. Used to have a coach whose motto was you need to hit a QB hard enough to make it count for 2 plays. That actually works most of the time, but Huntley can really demoralize a defense with how he bounces back .

They have a bell cow back. Run him.

I understand the concept of distributing the ball around 5 guys. I do not believe you can ignore HOW the ball is distributed. I do not believe you can ignore adding a 6th player moving the ball (qb run). I dont believe you can ignore WHERE the ball is distributed. You sure as hell cant ignore the bell cow.

Mike Leach will never win a title until he adds more dimensions to his offense. Never.
Mike Leach is a stubborn SOB. It’s his most endearing quality as well as what contributes to his ceiling. We are lucky to have him but he will frequently shit the bed with his stubbornness in winnable games.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
air raid is really weather dependent, power running game can play anywhere. Bad weather really handcuffs this O. My only criticism for the playcalling is use borghi on the ground more-especially in the red zone with pouring rain.

Now the D is another matter

Really do not agree with all of this pound Borghi stuff. He will not finish the season if Leach "pounded" him the way people want to on this board.

See Bryce Love and Stanford. Same thing would have happened to Borghi if he would have went there. No doubt in my mind.

Reactions: walzuu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT