ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Bender's lost moment

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
I was so pissed off about Falk's injury that I kind of shrugged off Bender's TD pass. That fade pass on 3rd and goal (one of the best I've ever see) was one of the the biggest plays of the game. It just got lost after the 2nd half roller coaster ride.

Great moment for Peyton.

I don't think it was lost. It was such a spot-on pass under a tough situation that I think everyone remembers it. As it turned out, it was critical to get the win.

It was a glimps of what he can do but those first few throws had me worried. I get he was nervous but wow... The TD was a thing of beauty though. I hope he keeps progressing and pushes Falk. The completion will help Falk get better as well... Not that he needs to be motivated.

A little shaky at the start, but dude came in and did his job. I was proud of him. Tough situation to walk in to.

I really think that back pylon pass is Bender's specialty since he got to WSU. I think i recall Coach Harrell would have competitions and hand out a Belt to the guy who could put the ball in a garbage can near the back pylon. Bender would win over and over again vs. Conner, Luke, ect. Here is the shot from his Twitter of Bender with the belt.

@Pbender4 wins the WSU QB belt again. For @lukefalk4 the streak continues
1420275.jpg

Last edited:
Key TD near the end of the first half.
Looking forward to the Cougs getting a big lead against the Buffs and Bender getting some playing time in the 4th quarter.

I'm as confident and on-board with this team as ever....but the old Coug in me, for some reason, won't be expecting a big lead vs. Buffs and Bender getting a lot of playing time. It could happen, it should happen. But history seems to indicate there are very few games where WSU rolls the opponent. I hope next week will be an exception.

Glad Cougar

Hahaha Kurt, the stach, I thought the same thing. Kudos to bender for a great pass.

Just to remind everyone liufau broke his foot. CU will be playing their back-up. He looked decent but if we can rattle him up, could get ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT