ADVERTISEMENT

Roll might not be it

Some disturbing "early Mike Price era" stuff going on, but still too soon to say.

Last edited:
So disturbing "early Mike Price era" stuff going on, but still too soon to say.
the honeymoon is over for Nick, next season with spring practice, assuming we have returned to some normalcy there won't be any excuses for this type of performance

Reactions: earldacoug
This season is irrelevant, glorified practice. Glad they did it now when it doesn’t matter, learning experience. With that said, that 2nd half performance can never happen again.

Reactions: Treborcoug
I know we were “down 30+ Players” and I know they had no starters on the DL/Secondary outside of Watson. But those same guys played in the first half and were crushing it. The ineptitude to even score a field goal or TD in the second half which would have served to make the game nearly impossible (before the garbage time TO meltdown) to come back from is breathtaking. That O should have still put up 14 points. Incredible work all around to lose that game.

I know we were “down 30+ Players” and I know they had no starters on the DL/Secondary outside of Watson. But those same guys played in the first half and were crushing it. The ineptitude to even score a field goal or TD in the second half which would have served to make the game nearly impossible (before the garbage time TO meltdown) to come back from is breathtaking. That O should have still put up 14 points. Incredible work all around to lose that game.

Our defense was held together with spit and duct tape. Proud of those guys. By the end we were just running players out because they were warm bodies. OTOH, that was our first string offense minus Calvin Jackson and we didn't do crap that second half. That's concerning.

When we rolled out the freshmen QB I thought Xavier Ward may De Commit. I imagine he thinks he can come in and take the job away now.

When we rolled out the freshmen QB I thought Xavier Ward may De Commit. I imagine he thinks he can come in and take the job away now.

JDL looked great in the 1st half when he was running the scripted plays and being decisive with the ball. When the run game was working. In the 2nd half, our offense needed to adjust, and we didn’t. Inexperience at QB hurt. Not being able to read and check into the right plays. That will come.

in a real game in a real season we don’t pull Borghi for virtually a whole half. And who the hell was playing today on the D line In the second half when Van Beek went out?

in a real game in a real season we don’t pull Borghi for virtually a whole half. And who the hell was playing today on the D line In the second half when Van Beek went out?

Nobody. We had to call a timeout because we didn’t have any available subs on the DL or at safety.

Given the fact Rolovich showed up right around when Covid restrictions started up, he may have as much “personal” interaction with his players via webcams as he does in-person face time. Implementing a new offense with an entirely new staff during a hugely disrupted season with a true freshman QB running the offense and your best player out for most of the season—frankly I’m just shocked we’re not in the CFP.

ya’all need to get a grasp on reality and get it through your skulls the fact CNR has a pretty big lift to get his team and system up and running. Put your pitchforks and torches away and give the man half a goddamned second to prove himself.

Pretty crazy year.....its hard for me to judge to harshly, but I will say this....and I heard it from multiple Hawaii fans....our OC Smith is gonna need to step up his play calling and design or Rolovich is gonna have to take over for his best friend.

Offense had a lot of decent players to be so inconsistent. Need way more production at Bacon's spot. Great story and all, but this is Pac 12 football. Need a serious talent upgrade at DL and DB.

JDL looked great in the 1st half when he was running the scripted plays and being decisive with the ball. When the run game was working. In the 2nd half, our offense needed to adjust, and we didn’t. Inexperience at QB hurt. Not being able to read and check into the right plays. That will come.
I like JDL’s poise, his athleticism and moxie. I’m not sold on his arm strength, accuracy, touch and mechanics as a passer. Hopefully that can be coached up. On the flip side, based on the small sample size of what I’ve seen of Cruz and Cooper I’m not disputing CNR decision to go with Jayden.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cougzz
Pretty crazy year.....its hard for me to judge to harshly, but I will say this....and I heard it from multiple Hawaii fans....our OC Smith is gonna need to step up his play calling and design or Rolovich is gonna have to take over for his best friend.

Offense had a lot of decent players to be so inconsistent. Need way more production at Bacon's spot. Great story and all, but this is Pac 12 football. Need a serious talent upgrade at DL and DB.
Thank you for that insight.

Recall after the 2008 Cal game on Brand X, you courageously voiced concerns about CPW's staff and caught a lot crap for it. From some people here and some people who are now mainstays at Brand Y.

Reactions: ShockandAweWSU
We have room for improvement at WR. Like someone else mentioned, Bacon is a nice story, but we need more there. Hobert is going to start next season.

Thank you for that insight.

Recall after the 2008 Cal game on Brand X, you courageously voiced concerns about CPW's staff and caught a lot crap for it. From some people here and some people who are now mainstays at Brand Y.

Just out of curiosity did you have the same concerns after 2012?

you courageously voiced concerns about CPW's staff and caught a lot crap. From some people here and some who are now mainstays at Brand Y.
Good point, Fnu Lnu.

Brand Y is an interesting place as you alluded. Not sure about the agenda there.

Have you ever checked out Die Hard Cougs on Facebook? Those folks can get riled up with the best of them from what I saw a while back.

Good point, Fnu Lnu.

Brand Y is an interesting place as you alluded. Not sure about the agenda there.

Have you ever checked out Die Hard Cougs on Facebook? Those folks can get riled up with the best of them from what I saw a while back.
That fb group is a complete shit show. Leach was above any reproach at all, ever. Not a single one of them know a thing about football or xs and os. Its a tough pill to swallow that there are that many idiots among our fanbase. They make fireball/popcorn guy look like the best of us.

The broadcasters were explaining difference between air raid and run & shoot. Both have same # wide outs. AR : WR run same rout repetitively, R&S : the WRs have multiple option routs on same play, depending how it develops. This needs practice time together as a team.

So, with new offense & defense, new coaches, new true freshman QB, and no spring ball, I give all of them a pass this year and a big thank you for their time, effort and dedication this wacky year. Although I think jury still out on JDLs motion and arm strength on long ball.

We have room for improvement at WR. Like someone else mentioned, Bacon is a nice story, but we need more there. Hobert is going to start next season.

Hobert appears to be another short slot. Who does he start over ? We need more size and need more speed on the outside.

Good point, Fnu Lnu.

Facebook is for white women.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT