ADVERTISEMENT

Rolo lands Shumpert

Your brain operates in a strangely contradictory fashion.

No...my brain understands nuance. I knew you would have problems understanding it. My world isn't black or white, like yours. Nor did you give me an adequate example.

Leach vs Price. Leach was an established coach. Price was just a guy trying to eek out as many wins as his paper thin talent would allow before 2001. Leach was highly established, and every job that wasn't in an urban area had Mike Leach's name attached to it, and got him raises.

Second, I have always contended my remarks are said with history in our rear view mirror. That I have the benefit of making my remarks with 20/20 hindsight.

So let's make the example more accurate to what we saw play out with Leach. After 2001 ASU or UCLA ...let's say ASU because they are a sleeping giant like Tenn. approaches Price after 2001. They offer him the job, the AD steps in, screws up the transaction.

Then he has the success they had in 2002. In early 2003 either Cal or Oregon State call and make him and offer and he leaves. If that were the scenario then yes I wish Price left after 2001. You get the difference, right? One, I want my coach whether Leach or Price if they are leaving to take a better gig. Tennessee is a way better gig than MSU. So for his sake, I wish he left a year earlier so he gets a better gig. And at the same time if he takes that gig (Tenn) the Cougs have a much deeper roster than the one Rolo inherited and in a position to win.

The other difference is that Price never wanted to leave. He left because of the short-sightedness of Rawlins and the AD.

No...my brain understands nuance. I knew you would have problems understanding it. My world isn't black or white, like yours. Nor did you give me an adequate example.

Leach vs Price. Leach was an established coach. Price was just a guy trying to eek out as many wins as his paper thin talent would allow before 2001. Leach was highly established, and every job that wasn't in an urban area had Mike Leach's name attached to it, and got him raises.

Second, I have always contended my remarks are said with history in our rear view mirror. That I have the benefit of making my remarks with 20/20 hindsight.

So let's make the example more accurate to what we saw play out with Leach. After 2001 ASU or UCLA ...let's say ASU because they are a sleeping giant like Tenn. approaches Price after 2001. They offer him the job, the AD steps in, screws up the transaction.

Then he has the success they had in 2002. In early 2003 either Cal or Oregon State call and make him and offer and he leaves. If that were the scenario then yes I wish Price left after 2001. You get the difference, right? One, I want my coach whether Leach or Price if they are leaving to take a better gig. Tennessee is a way better gig than MSU. So for his sake, I wish he left a year earlier so he gets a better gig. And at the same time if he takes that gig (Tenn) the Cougs have a much deeper roster than the one Rolo inherited and in a position to win.

The other difference is that Price never wanted to leave. He left because of the short-sightedness of Rawlins and the AD.

That’s not nuance.

If Price never wanted to leave, he would have stayed.

Reactions: longtimecoug
That’s not nuance.

Yes and No and Maybe.

Pretty much the some of the reason why Price went to Alabama, is because of Rawlins, and the AD.

And it wasnt just about only BIG money, etc.

Now whether he and others are telling the Truth, Price, and other at least semi credible to credible sources have said that Price wanted WSU to give a little tiny bit more money to his assistants, and a little tiny bit more money as a modest, humble raise, and contract extensions for himself(Price), and his staff, and for a little tiny bit better benefits, bonuses, job security, contract extensions, etc, for himself and his staff.

He Price also wanted humble, modest, little tiny bit of money invested, done, for things like weight room, better training table, stadium expansion, FOB, Facilities, etc.

And it wasnt a lot.

In fact it was very tight fisted, very little money, comparatively, and was a extremely logical, reasonable, rational, fair, etc, to ask what Price was asking for.

The Problem wasnt Price.

The Problem was that Rawlins, and the AD, really didnt care, give a shet about Price, his staff, football at WSU, etc.

And because of how bad Rawlins and the AD were, that made Alabama's offer that much more desirable.

Now maybe if Rawlins, and AD gave a Shet about Price, Staff, WSU, Football, the students, etc, then MAYBE Price MIGHT have turned down, the Alabama Offer, and had stayed.

Maybe Price would still have gone to Alabama.

But at least there would have been a chance that he might have stayed.

But with Rawlins, AD, there was ABSOLUTLY NO POSSIBLE CHANCE that Price would stay.

And so thats part of why Price went to Alabama.

But oart of why he went to Alabama was because if the wealth, fame, power, prestige, etc, of being a coach at Alabama, so not saying it was all Rawlins, and the AD.

But at least there would have been a chance Price would have stayed, if Rawlins, AD either gave a shet, an or werent there at WSU, and if there had been a good President/AD at WSU instead.

That’s not nuance.

He basically did stay. He took a few year vacation in El Paso after a wild night in Tuscaloosa and ended up back in CDA (close enough).

That’s not nuance.

You are correct for once...it isn't really nuance. The situations and timing are completely different, so nuance would indicate a subtle difference. Thanks for clearly that up for me.

You know, most parents don't WANT a child to be a complete douche bag. Some unfortunately get a bad luck of the draw.

What was a fishing expedition to get his assistants a raise led to interest from UCLA and Alabama. WSU had a chance to up the financial offer. They went cheap. What they saved short term they lost long term. You don't think paying 1 million a year for 5 years would have been better than Doba then Wulff? I think the investment would have been well worth it.

You are correct for once...it isn't really nuance. The situations and timing are completely different, so nuance would indicate a subtle difference. Thanks for clearly that up for me.

You know, most parents don't WANT a child to be a complete douche bag. Some unfortunately get a bad luck of the draw.

What was a fishing expedition to get his assistants a raise led to interest from UCLA and Alabama. WSU had a chance to up the financial offer. They went cheap. What they saved short term they lost long term. You don't think paying 1 million a year for 5 years would have been better than Doba then Wulff? I think the investment would have been well worth it.

Indeed. I feel bad for your parents.

Yeah, I'm sure they would rather have had their kids post on Cougzone all day every day...and be a total pompous prick like yourself. I am sure they would much rather have that.

You know, you and your brother are violating the rules for this message board.

Hot take, I don't really care about in-state recruiting. It's not like WA is major fertile ground year in and out. Make one pass and hit up CA.
Bingo. In this digital world I think kids are less likely to stay home anyways. They’ve got FB, Twitter, TikToc, Instagram. They are connected digitally 24/7 to everyone in their circle, and now that Larry’s gone their friends and family should be able to find their games on TV too. Find kids that fit what you are doing, don’t limit yourself geographically, and maximize your retention efforts.

You know, you and your brother are violating the rules for this message board.

Wow went over all the rules again ... didn’t see where I “violated” the top 7 which were the ones posted . But I am sure the board moderators will let me know .

Wow went over all the rules again ... didn’t see where I “violated” the top 7 which were the ones posted . But I am sure the board moderators will let me know .

You never were a great reader.

Member Conduct. You agree not to use the Services to:

1. obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Services or to our servers, systems, network, or data;
  2. make available any content that is harmful to children, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT