ADVERTISEMENT

So this was how Denver fans felt for 20 years

Dang man... Luke Falk is tough and CLUTCH. And that was not a soft UCLA team guys. They hit with bad intentions.

That UCLA defense was tough as nails. Rosen is going to be a terror the next two years. Great escapability and better foot speed than I anticipated. His release and arm strength remind me of Aaron Rodgers. He's that good.

That UCLA defense was tough as nails. Rosen is going to be a terror the next two years. Great escapability and better foot speed than I anticipated. His release and arm strength remind me of Aaron Rodgers. He's that good.
Agree. He is going to be scary good.

His line protected him well.

Rosen and Falk will be the top two quarterbacks in the Pac next year provided Goff goes. Even if Goff stays, that might be the case.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Rosen's line was holding practically the whole game. I saw some serious take downs right in front of the ref's. Not to take away from Rosen because he is quite good.

The Zebras made some good - and legitimate - calls for us on a couple UCLA fumbles, however.

The Zebras made some good - and legitimate - calls for us on a couple UCLA fumbles, however.

True. Overall, no major complaints. I thought Rosen should have been called for intentional grounding a couple times the same way Falk was, but at least towards the end they got that right when Falk was outside the tackle box, that was an important no-call.

I loved seeing Mora go livid a couple times at the refs...

True. Overall, no major complaints. I thought Rosen should have been called for intentional grounding a couple times the same way Falk was, but at least towards the end they got that right when Falk was outside the tackle box, that was an important no-call.

I loved seeing Mora go livid a couple times at the refs...

My favorite Mora freakout was when they didn't call intentional grounding against Falk. What made it great was that Falk didn't commit a penalty, whereas his QB actually did commit intentional grounding without getting the flag. Mora is a loudmouthed tool.

Rosen's line was holding practically the whole game. I saw some serious take downs right in front of the ref's. Not to take away from Rosen because he is quite good.
I'm actually surprised we didn't get called for holding on our last play for the TD. I was watching our RT (O'Connell ?) on that play and thought they might call him for holding. Anyone else see that?
Oh, and the announcers sure were trying to justify a offensive push off by Marks on that play too. They kept going on and on. I've watched the play probably 20 times :D and it was clear the UCLA player pushed Marks back.

I'm actually surprised we didn't get called for holding on our last play for the TD. I was watching our RT (O'Connell ?) on that play and thought they might call him for holding. Anyone else see that?
Oh, and the announcers sure were trying to justify a offensive push off by Marks on that play too. They kept going on and on. I've watched the play probably 20 times :D and it was clear the UCLA player pushed Marks back.
I was surprised by the announcers in general. I was a little faded, sure, but when Griese (or whomever) was going on and on about our early special teams fumble recovery and how their guy was "clearly" down and how it was pretty much a lock, I was incredulous. It looked completely clear to me that he was NOT down before he lost control. Were those guys homers or what? I thought broadcasters stayed out of the officiating game? Not these guys, I guess.

Reactions: ATACFD

as a bears fan who's been terrorized by aaron rodgers for years now, i can say that this is an apt analogy. they way rosen was able to slide away from trouble and deliver the ball down field was pretty uncanny.

Rosen will play one more year, but may go pro after that. If not, he will certainly go pro after his junior year. Falk will be here for the duration; Leach system QB's don't go early. Agree that they are the two best in the league after Goff, who will probably depart after this season.

Rosen will play one more year, but may go pro after that. If not, he will certainly go pro after his junior year. Falk will be here for the duration; Leach system QB's don't go early. Agree that they are the two best in the league after Goff, who will probably depart after this season.

Is Rosen eligible to enter the 2017 draft? He must be three years removed from graduating high school.

I was surprised by the announcers in general. I was a little faded, sure, but when Griese (or whomever) was going on and on about our early special teams fumble recovery and how their guy was "clearly" down and how it was pretty much a lock, I was incredulous. It looked completely clear to me that he was NOT down before he lost control. Were those guys homers or what? I thought broadcasters stayed out of the officiating game? Not these guys, I guess.
My favorite Griese moment was when he started babbling about that attempted clock-killer drive being "the most important in Falk's career," like he hadn't already had several last minute comeback wins in the past two months. Watched all that film closely for prep, did you?

My favorite Griese moment was when he started babbling about that attempted clock-killer drive being "the most important in Falk's career," like he hadn't already had several last minute comeback wins in the past two months. Watched all that film closely for prep, did you?
Maybe I've become so accustomed to a certain Analyst that the PAC12 Network uses…. I didn't think Griese was that bad. We lost to PSU for our first game, we weren't ranked at the time. We've been a bottom feeder to the East Coast Media (and, well, everyone else) for close to a decade… He didn't know us from a hole in the wall. Probably fast forwarded through a couple games and "played" them when a TD came around to see the sequence of plays that got WSU there, all while eating dinner with his family or something. Maybe at work? Normal. I don't have anything against Griese's calling. He was just being "East Coast" and looking beyond the scores and rankings is going the extra mile. NOW? Now, he and others better have WSU on their radar and know more about us than "WSU lost to PSU the first week of the season but has picked it up a bit since." mantra.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT