ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like the AD search is over.

Per his bio, "Prior to his time at SDSU, he was the Associate Athletic Director for Event and Facility Operations at Washington State from 2001-2011. While at Washington State, he was responsible for event planning and game day responsibilities for all home athletic events, conference tournaments and NCAA championships, day-to-day oversight and operations of all athletic facilities, and the liaison for the athletic department on capital projects."

His whole area of responsibility was a below average grade, IMO, at WSU. The game day experience is 100x better now than 5 years ago.

Per his bio, "Prior to his time at SDSU, he was the Associate Athletic Director for Event and Facility Operations at Washington State from 2001-2011. While at Washington State, he was responsible for event planning and game day responsibilities for all home athletic events, conference tournaments and NCAA championships, day-to-day oversight and operations of all athletic facilities, and the liaison for the athletic department on capital projects."

His whole area of responsibility was a below average grade, IMO, at WSU. The game day experience is 100x better now than 5 years ago.
He worked for a guy who ignored football (in both locations) and admitted the day Wulff was hired he really didn't know who he was.

Brilliant move by June getting herself on the search committee.

We need a new blood. This should be a job that attracts some great names, namely #2 guys at larger programs who know how this ship should be run.

Shulz probably wants a yes man, so he can grind the budget axe, much like Sterk did for V. Lane.

Chugs, is this legit? Do you have a link or is this just whom you think is coming... because this choice sucks... badly. Please tell me you're just yanking all of our chains.

Interesting read about his position(s) at SDSU and his compensation package there as AD:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-wicker-salary-20170114-story.html

chugspig you are a $#!thead. as opposed to Haiti and Africa, which are $#!tholes.

On Wicker - I actually know John David (JD). He is a nice and really quality guy who toiled in relative obscurity at WSU - finally left to further his career. Big old southern accent too. That said, I am in disbelief after reading that article. Walking into the SDSU AD job is a pretty big step for him. SDSU paying him more than Sterk made? A $200,000 raise from what he made a year earlier? That is just stupid. (Whether you like Sterk or not, he had a helluva lot of experience).

So no way is JD the "Wow" hire. I see that he has a $1,000,000 buyout right now as well.

The measuring stick I have is John Johnson, the interim AD. I don't know that anyone would be "wowed" by John, but he is also a very experienced and high, high quality guy. AD at Weber State and Eastern and now 13 years at WSU. Sterk's #2 guy and Moos's #3 behind Marlow. Since John was not a candidate for the WSU job (still don't know why), the "wow" hire had better be head and shoulders above him.

No lol, I just put that up there as my guess who the hire will be.
Ace troll
651eae68cbd62bd6d32dba5843c14850.jpg

The game day experience now vs. 5 years ago is directly related to winning vs. losing football games.

Chug didn't even have to troll. You guys bit a bare hook. You must be real antsy about this AD hire!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT