ADVERTISEMENT

***STANFORD @ WSU - GAME THREAD***

I swear to God the kick coverage today is just garbage. Erik Powell just saved our bacon, again

Why has our special teams reverted to 2013-14 era ST?

YET AGAIN, our opponent starts a drive at midfield.

If not for Powell, we only have the lead for 10 seconds of gameclock.

Stanford's ST's 'heartbreak' is almost pinning us on our 1 but letting it bounce in for a touchback.

Ours is letting them start every drive on the 50, and giving up chunk yardage on every kick.

On a chipper note, the defensive swarm to Bryce Love is really incredible. Taking away the 52 yard run, he's average 1 YPC.

5 minutes left.
Cougs Defense holds and the offense has the ball after the touch back

Falk needs a drive here but if Stanford gambles then I say go for the throat and take it for the long TD pass.
Stanford like to gamble and jump routes but it leaves you open if you guess wrong.

Get it done Cougs

Why has our special teams reverted to 2013-14 era ST?

YET AGAIN, our opponent starts a drive at midfield.

If not for Powell, we only have the lead for 10 seconds of gameclock.
Of course, if Powell would kick it into the endzone like the Stanford kicker, he wouldn't need to be the tackler.

Now that's a first down

Stanford only 1 left
Just run it and get it under 1 minutes and kick the ball

I guess they're going to try to find every creative way they can to lose this game.

Time management is classic early Leach right now. wtf?

These refs are goddam terrible. First a bad spot in the falk slide then they force us to take a timeout because they sit on the ball

okay
75 seconds left with Stanford time out (last one)
Take a knee and it will be only 40 seconds left
and punt the ball
Do it.

This is the matchup we want: Stanford has to let plays develop and throw against our speed defense.

I hate that it bugs me every time Pippens signals incomplete on those bad passes that were no where close to a WR. Thanks CT4L...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT