ADVERTISEMENT

This made me laught

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Yesterday I bumped into this little snit chick who purports to be a mutt fan, who gave me crap after Apple Cup. I said "sorry about your dawgs", and before I could finish with "NOT", she says "we won the game that mattered". What a little mutt-loving (or rather Coug-hating) B****.

Thanks Teddy.

"Are you saying Browning's best position for the NFL is punter?"

-CougEd

Reactions: YakiCoug
Yesterday I bumped into this little snit chick who purports to be a mutt fan, who gave me crap after Apple Cup. I said "sorry about your dawgs", and before I could finish with "NOT", she says "we won the game that mattered". What a little mutt-loving (or rather Coug-hating) B****.

The Husky's were in a game the other day? That is life west of the mountains.

I like Teddy as a quote source, though there are several others that I generally prefer. My only comment here is that if you choose to use this quote to support the efforts of a Husky, don't get snarky when the same general sentiment is used with regard to Coug efforts. Particularly when commenting on a Coug site.

I like Teddy as a quote source, though there are several others that I generally prefer. My only comment here is that if you choose to use this quote to support the efforts of a Husky, don't get snarky when the same general sentiment is used with regard to Coug efforts. Particularly when commenting on a Coug site.
I think you’d be hard-pressed to find me putting any individual player down, Cougar or Husky.

Was that the huskie who took the young freshman’s virginity and sodomized her in the bushes, taking advantage while she was drunk? Then bragging about it to his football buddies?

Among others, you can thank Norm for making it the Norm. (That's Norm Maleng, KingCo "prosecutor" for those not in the know).

Impugning the character of the dead is the go to move of some here. I’m not the only one who notices.

I and others impugned him when he was still alive. He was the UW's MIchael Cohen, the fixer.
Stevens is a thug, but he wouldn’t have been convicted. Imagine a DA deciding not to devote scarce resources to such a case!

Norm never let it get that far. That was his job.
It was his job to take winnable prosecutions, I agree. It was not his job to satisfy the football motivated desires of anonymous posters on the cougzone site.

It was his job to take winnable prosecutions, I agree. It was not his job to satisfy the football motivated desires of anonymous posters on the cougzone site.

Talk to police officers who investigated the matter.

I’m well aware of the facts of the case and the zealousness of the SPD. Reasonable doubt is a high bar to overcome, however.

WTF is wrong with you? Yes you are on a WSU site, defending an indefensible thug/rapist from uw.

Why you choose to hang out on this site at all is beyond me. But to come here and spew out the Stevens/Maleng defense is just F-ing ridiculous.

Impugning the character of the dead is the go to move of some here. I’m not the only one who notices.
Weak. So when someone is no longer alive they can no longer be a part of discussion for what they stood for? Got it.

Nobody’s pissing on his grave, they are simply stating the obvious.

WTF is wrong with you? Yes you are on a WSU site, defending an indefensible thug/rapist from uw.

Why you choose to hang out on this site at all is beyond me. But to come here and spew out the Stevens/Maleng defense is just F-ing ridiculous.
I didn't bring it up. I think the discussion reflects poorly on one of us. We'll just have to disagree about who it reflects poorly on.

Weak. So when someone is no longer alive they can no longer be a part of discussion for what they stood for? Got it.

Nobody’s pissing on his grave, they are simply stating the obvious.
So many things are "obvious" on an anonymous football board.

Wow, you have set up a sanctimonious scam there. Sorry, but people aren't somehow off the hook from criticism just because they die.
You give yourself way too much credit. This isn't criticism. It's just pot shots devoid of any factual basis.

Wow, you have set up a sanctimonious scam there. Sorry, but people aren't somehow off the hook from criticism just because they die.

Probably is the type to praise Hitler, Polpot, Stalin, Slave masters, murders, and rapists... because “they died”.

Since HHusky is so fond of quotes:

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.”

Winston Churchill.

If anyone thinks 18 years+ years of war with millions dead and trillions of debt is “healthy” state of things well... that’s a psychotic way of thinking. Given it’s from a Husky it should come as no surprise.

Reactions: ATACFD

UW fans stay Loyal to Husky Legends like Jeremy Stevens, Venoy Overton, Gary Little, Ed Murray, Jeremiah Pharms, Warren Moon, Ted Bundy, Reese Lindquist, and Tom Porras because they were never convicted of a felony in King County.
Why do you think they are partnering with GU for a p(/m)ed school in Spokane? Shared values.

Tough day for UW fans, their alma mater took it on the chin to ND State.

Venoy Overton. There's a name I haven't heard in a while. Pretty good basketball player. But isn't he the guy that was defended right up to the point where his eligibility had been exhausted, and was then immediately cut loose by the U? That may have been another thug; my memory isn't what it used to be; there are enough to choose between that I may be wrong.

Venoy Overton. There's a name I haven't heard in a while. Pretty good basketball player. But isn't he the guy that was defended right up to the point where his eligibility had been exhausted, and was then immediately cut loose by the U? That may have been another thug; my memory isn't what it used to be; there are enough to choose between that I may be wrong.

If you consider being a pimp a thug, then Overton fits the description. He is a complete POS.

Stevens is a thug, but he wouldn’t have been convicted. Imagine a DA deciding not to devote scarce resources to such a case!
I gotta think if it was your daughter with the lacerated rectum and JS’s DNA inside her with no recollection of the event and witnesses describing seeing them and JS acting suspiciously, you might at least want her to have an opportunity for justice in a courtroom. I highly doubt you’d be arguing that it was not a convictable case. Certainly there have been many other convictions based on similar or even less evidence, or more circumstantial.

Reactions: Coug90 and Coug1990
UW fans stay Loyal to Husky Legends like Jeremy Stevens, Venoy Overton, Gary Little, Ed Murray, Jeremiah Pharms, Warren Moon, Ted Bundy, Reese Lindquist, and Tom Porras because they were never convicted of a felony in King County.
Why do you think they are partnering with GU for a p(/m)ed school in Spokane? Shared values.

Tough day for UW fans, their alma mater took it on the chin to ND State.
Don't forget Reggie Rogers, who was driving drunk and killed three teenagers. He had around a half dozen DUI's that date back to his years at the uw. He also hit his wife on the head with a flashlight when they were arguing about his drinking.

I gotta think if it was your daughter with the lacerated rectum and JS’s DNA inside her with no recollection of the event and witnesses describing seeing them and JS acting suspiciously, you might at least want her to have an opportunity for justice in a courtroom. I highly doubt you’d be arguing that it was not a convictable case. Certainly there have been many other convictions based on similar or even less evidence, or more circumstantial.
I was already losing interest in HHusky as he started to show his true colors months ago. I’ve lost all respect for him now. GFY douchebag, you are a typical dickhead Tyee that puts football records ahead of common morality. Maybe if you’re lucky win at all costs Slick Rick will come back once can’t win the big game Petey bails.

Curtis Williams was a wife beater. So God took away his ability to use his hands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT