ADVERTISEMENT

Time to throw a

CougInSpain

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2009
Cool Million at our next DC to remedy our woes on that side of the ball. Ran into an old friend and member of the 03’ Holiday Bowl (hint he played DE)..... He had said the hire was pretty much expected but he is way more interested in finding out who our next DC is going to be. He says that hire will be the one that energizes WSU alums and fans. I told him if I was Chun having a conversation with Rolovich about the addition of staff, I would make it known that he has that kind of money to go get a known commodity to bolster our D. He seemed to agree it would take at least that much money to attract someone like that.

Reactions: random soul
With Claeys money he left on the table and the 2.5 million buy out.....we should be able to get a real top of the line DC and a solid D staff. I'd prefer a DC who has some experience in the Pac-12. If Hazelton is our pick.......I'm going to be very concerned. Pay 1 million or 1.2 million on a really good DC and let him hire some of the D staff. Any good DC is going to want to bring in some of "his" guys that he trusts.

With Claeys money he left on the table and the 2.5 million buy out.....we should be able to get a real top of the line DC and a solid D staff. I'd prefer a DC who has some experience in the Pac-12. If Hazelton is our pick.......I'm going to be very concerned. Pay 1 million or 1.2 million on a really good DC and let him hire some of the D staff. Any good DC is going to want to bring in some of "his" guys that he trusts.

Maybe a little signing bonus to bring in the DC?

Why?

Reactions: froropmkr72
If we are gonna throw 700K or more on a Wyoming DC or a 1 year Kstate DC that worries me. We need a big time DC if we truly want to compete for Pac-12 Championships.

If you look at Hazelton’a resume how does not that say “big” time? USC, NFL, coached Bohl, won a national title, took NDSU from 90th in total defense to 7th in the nation. I think he would be a great hire.

Reactions: rufffrider
If you look at Hazelton’a resume how does not that say “big” time? USC, NFL, coached Bohl, won a national title, took NDSU from 90th in total defense to 7th in the nation. I think he would be a great hire.
There's a reason KS is paying him $550,000

If we are gonna throw 700K or more on a Wyoming DC or a 1 year Kstate DC that worries me. We need a big time DC if we truly want to compete for Pac-12 Championships.

Hazelton has coaches all over the place. He had a year at USC and some time in the NFL. He’s got the resume.

Yup can’t cheap out here. As much as people are tweaking over a $3 million contract for Rolo, Leach would have jumped to $5 if he’d asked Chun to match. We are saving $2 mill on HC not including buyout and Clayes money. Pony up and get a difference maker.

Hazelton has coaches all over the place. He had a year at USC and some time in the NFL. He’s got the resume.
I'd be pretty darn happy if we got Hazelton -- I like his resume, and think he'd be a good fit for Wazzu. Listening to an interview of his from a couple years ago, he's also drawn to the smaller town atmospheres for raising his family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT