Team Captain
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2022
I love Coach Jake Dickert!

I love Coach Nick Rolovich!

Reactions: HCoug

I could be wrong but Rumor has it he wasn’t a practicing catholic. If so he has no shame using this excuse, I’m catholic myself and I got the jab for my work. I was hesitant for other reasons at the beginning but I got it. No regrets and It wasn’t a big deal. I Wasn’t a fan of him and glad he got the boot, coach Dickert is a way better motivator as a coach. It seems his players love him better and that’s what counts when your players are willing to play hard for you. I seriously doubt he could win a Wisconsin.

No point in rehashing all this bulllsh!t. Rolovich knew the cost of his decision to not get a shot and he made his choice.

Coaches ask their players to put themselves in harms way for the team on every play. Career ending injuries happen all the time. When he had his chance to be a leader, he was a coward and put himself first.

No point in rehashing all this bulllsh!t. Rolovich knew the cost of his decision to not get a shot and he made his choice.

Coaches ask their players to put themselves in harms way for the team on every play. Career ending injuries happen all the time. When he had his chance to be a leader, he was a coward and put himself first.
lack of dialogue? he had a one on one meeting with an infectious disease expert and asked him about bill gates.
That sums up his real problem with the vaccine. You are right, he knew what would happen not taking the shot so he made his choice and is now living with the results

When Rolovich had his chance to be a leader, he was a coward and put himself first.

Was Coach afraid of a needle or was he someone who just wasn't sold on the benefits of the vaccine?

I've gotten two shots and a booster myself, but I'm no expert by any means — and certainly don't have a background in higher education like RoLo.

You, Observer and 425 are probably the most level-headed posters on this site, but "coward" seems like kind of strong word to describe someone who said he was simply following his religious upbringing.

Was Coach afraid of a needle or was he someone who just wasn't sold on the benefits of the vaccine?

I've gotten two shots and a booster myself, but I'm no expert by any means — and certainly don't have a background in higher education like RoLo.

You, Observer and 425 are probably the most level-headed posters on this site, but "coward" seems like kind of strong word to describe someone who said he was simply following his religious upbringing.
The “religious upbringing” is the part that makes it the worst. Everyone knows that was a Hail Mary hope to get some cash. Coward might be too strong but I stick by the idea that the real world risks of the vaccine are far lower than what he asks of his team on every snap.

I feel that the university (and the state) has every right to set rules. If he can explain his position on the vaccine effectively, he’ll get another job. If he can’t land a job, that tells you what all the other universities thought of his choice.

The “religious upbringing” is the part that makes it the worst. Everyone knows that was a Hail Mary hope to get some cash. Coward might be too strong but I stick by the idea that the real world risks of the vaccine are far lower than what he asks of his team on every snap.

I feel that the university (and the state) has every right to set rules. If he can explain his position on the vaccine effectively, he’ll get another job. If he can’t land a job, that tells you what all the other universities thought of his choice.
I got a different message from God...said get the shot. I wonder if rolo every thought maybe God gave us the resources to create the vaccine. For Rolo to win I think he would have to show he hasn't received other vaccines and that he and his family have a history of not getting vaccines for school and such.

I got a different message from God...said get the shot. I wonder if rolo every thought maybe God gave us the resources to create the vaccine. For Rolo to win I think he would have to show he hasn't received other vaccines and that he and his family have a history of not getting vaccines for school and such.
Good point Ed.

Lot of different viewpoints on "The Jab"

Also there was a lack of answers and dialogue with his staff and team during halftime which is why I’m glad he’s no longer here.

Leaving aside the vax issues, I consistently was and am amazed by how inarticulate and stupid he comes across as. It's your first interview on this in months with a pending lawsuit, and mumbling this bullshit is still the best you can do? I'm honestly amazed.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Rolo is an idiot. He deserves nothing. WSU improved the football team the day he was terminated for cause.
702 Coug said:
Exactly as we thought,. Chun and Schulz sold out Rolo for political reasons and to keep the Inslee regime happy. Props to coach for sticking to his principles, now time to get paid. Go Cougs!

EdmondsCoug said:
Rolo is an idiot. He deserves nothing. WSU improved the football team the day he was terminated for cause.

Edmonds - completely agree. 702, WTF is wrong with you? The Pope said get the vaccine. How can any Catholic claim a religious exemption? Bunch of hypocrites anyway. "Sunday Catholics" as us Protestants call them.

Leaving aside the vax issues, I consistently was and am amazed by how inarticulate and stupid he comes across as. It's your first interview on this in months with a pending lawsuit, and mumbling this bullshit is still the best you can do? I'm honestly amazed.
Rolo was a dreadful hire period. That was on Chun. I don't think Rolo misled WSU into believing that he was a real go getter, committed, hard working coach. How could he? Chun made some serious flawed assumption that he had to be. Chun want a coach with a tOSU work ethic, but hired a "dude" who embraced island life "bra."

Reactions: 425cougfan
Rolo was a dreadful hire period. That was on Chun. I don't think Rolo misled WSU into believing that he was a real go getter, committed, hard working coach. How could he? Chun made some serious flawed assumption that he had to be. Chun want a coach with a tOSU work ethic, but hired a "dude" who embraced island life "bra."
Pat and Kirk are both responsible for the shitty hire. Pat is paying the price professionally. Kirk has more capital to burn, but it's still a stain on his watch. They thoroughly vetted Coach JD, and now WSU has solid leadership in the football program.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Even though I didn’t mind Rolovich getting fired, I don’t believe that he was a terrible hire. He was a bad fit given the COVID situation but I think he could have been a decent coach for us.

That said, I think Dickert is a better coach and we did become a better team when Rolovich was fired.

Edmonds - completely agree. 702, WTF is wrong with you? The Pope said get the vaccine. How can any Catholic claim a religious exemption? Bunch of hypocrites anyway. "Sunday Catholics" as us Protestants call them.
This was covered in great detail the last time this was discussed. And those with little or no understanding of how the Church teaches or what the Church teaches probably shouldn’t make statements like above.

The Pope is not a king, or a prophet, or the voice of God. He can’t just make off the cuff pronouncements that have moral or legal authority.

Nor do any of us know Rolo’s sincerity. His position is consistent with Catholic teaching. Indeed the Church speaks against vaccine mandates. How do you know he was a “Sunday Catholic” (whatever that is)? You aren’t even Catholic nor apparently know what the Church teaches, yet you can determine this?

And while the Pope, in informal talks, has encouraged the vaccine, he has not required it.. The Church has stated the vaccine is morally permissible but not required, and must be voluntary.

“At the same time, practical reason makes evident that vaccination is not, as a rule, a moral obligation and that, therefore, it must be voluntary.”

Clearly, the board authoritarians have super powers beyond mere mortals and are able to delve deep into a man's soul and know with absolute certainty the religious convictions and beliefs of others.

That ability goes along with selective sweeping generalizations and stereotyping of religious sects and geographic regions based on anecdotal events.

I heard that the AG's office was telling WSU to settle. WSU's response was basically, OK, this was the governor's mandate so the state (rather than WSU) should pay. The response from the state was no, WSU needed to pay.

This was covered in great detail the last time this was discussed. And those with little or no understanding of how the Church teaches or what the Church teaches probably shouldn’t make statements like above.

The Pope is not a king, or a prophet, or the voice of God. He can’t just make off the cuff pronouncements that have moral or legal authority.

Nor do any of us know Rolo’s sincerity. His position is consistent with Catholic teaching. Indeed the Church speaks against vaccine mandates. How do you know he was a “Sunday Catholic” (whatever that is)? You aren’t even Catholic nor apparently know what the Church teaches, yet you can determine this?

And while the Pope, in informal talks, has encouraged the vaccine, he has not required it.. The Church has stated the vaccine is morally permissible but not required, and must be voluntary.

“At the same time, practical reason makes evident that vaccination is not, as a rule, a moral obligation and that, therefore, it must be voluntary.”
Suudy as a recovered Catholic I was always taught the Pope speaks for the church and it was always assumed God.

Doesn’t matter what you or I say, it will matter what the courts say. If he wants to win his payday I would suspect he needs to show several things . He is against vaccines . That he nor his kids are vaxed for other diseases . This will come out in the courts . It will also come out how often he attended church either Saturday or Sunday . I would suspect being a coach he didn’t have a ton of time Sunday morn to go to church .

That will have to be weighed against what Rolos old boss said and the questions he asked about the vaccine and his search on Qanon .

What do you think are the odds he wins ? 65% ? More? Less?

What do you think the odds he gets paid 1/10 th of what he was making at wsu in the next five years .

But he is out of Pullman and when the new hiring cycle comes around we will see what the demand for him will be as an assistant .

Reactions: longtimecoug
Suudy as a recovered Catholic I was always taught the Pope speaks for the church and it was always assumed God.
The problem of bad catechesis is still an ongoing problem. Looks like you were victim of it. The Pope is Christ’s vicar on earth, and exercises primacy of authority. But he speaks authoritatively for the Church only in limited circumstances. He is not an avatar of God. A conversation with a reporter or a press conference do not have the same authority as a Papal bull or a Council’s document.

The CDF document I quoted does have teaching authority. The Pope’s statements in January are perfectly consistent with the CDF document.
Doesn’t matter what you or I say, it will matter what the courts say. If he wants to win his payday I would suspect he needs to show several things . He is against vaccines . That he nor his kids are vaxed for other diseases . This will come out in the courts . It will also come out how often he attended church either Saturday or Sunday . I would suspect being a coach he didn’t have a ton of time Sunday morn to go to church .
Many are vaccinated against diseases before their conversion or before learning more. Many parents vaccinate their children before having a change of heart. Citing vaccinations in the past are not proof of a lack of sincerity.

Sundays are days of obligation. But dispensations are often given. I try not to travel for work on Sundays, but it happens, and it is easy enough to get a dispensation. But I will admit I was unaware that they were available until a couple of years ago when I was in confession talking about missing mass due to a travel obligation. I was advised to request a dispensation for such things. Did Rolo know of this? If not, he may be like many others who have confessed such absences. Did he request a dispensation? Does his wife and children attend when he is unable? Yes, this may come out. But maybe not as privileged conversations between him and his priest.

That will have to be weighed against what Rolos old boss said and the questions he asked about the vaccine and his search on Qanon .
Seems to the only issue is the sincerity of belief. This is not a balancing act. It is possible to be sincerely Catholic and opposed to the vaccine and
In state court? 0%. And it’ll never get to federal court where he would have a better chance.
But he is out of Pullman and when the new hiring cycle comes around we will see what the demand for him will be as an assistant .
Sounds like for you the ends justify the means.

What do you think the odds he gets paid 1/10 th of what he was making at wsu in the next five years .

I like you Ed, but you're off on this part big time.

Reactions: etowncoug
The problem of bad catechesis is still an ongoing problem. Looks like you were victim of it. The Pope is Christ’s vicar on earth, and exercises primacy of authority. But he speaks authoritatively for the Church only in limited circumstances. He is not an avatar of God. A conversation with a reporter or a press conference do not have the same authority as a Papal bull or a Council’s document.

The CDF document I quoted does have teaching authority. The Pope’s statements in January are perfectly consistent with the CDF document.

Many are vaccinated against diseases before their conversion or before learning more. Many parents vaccinate their children before having a change of heart. Citing vaccinations in the past are not proof of a lack of sincerity.

Sundays are days of obligation. But dispensations are often given. I try not to travel for work on Sundays, but it happens, and it is easy enough to get a dispensation. But I will admit I was unaware that they were available until a couple of years ago when I was in confession talking about missing mass due to a travel obligation. I was advised to request a dispensation for such things. Did Rolo know of this? If not, he may be like many others who have confessed such absences. Did he request a dispensation? Does his wife and children attend when he is unable? Yes, this may come out. But maybe not as privileged conversations between him and his priest.

Seems to the only issue is the sincerity of belief. This is not a balancing act. It is possible to be sincerely Catholic and opposed to the vaccine and

In state court? 0%. And it’ll never get to federal court where he would have a better chance.

Sounds like for you the ends justify the means.
Suudy....I understand peoples faith, and have the ultimate respect for it. I wasn't a victim so to speak. Not the type of victim from priest to alter boy or just boy. I will say my problems probably started when I was 8 and I had to make up sins to confess sins for a ritual. didn't make sense at 8, 18, 28, 38, 48 or 58. That was the start. Then goes down from there for me.

And I think your statement is part of the problem. Millions wait for the pope to speak. If he doesn't speak for the church, or doesn't always as the leader of the church speak for it, why do people listen. How do we know when he speaks that is legit and when he speaks it is not? Those are problems I have, especially in rolo's case.

I am all for Rolo having these convictions, but his convictions only go so far. Shouldn't the knowledge that he thinks he did was Jesus wanted him to do be reward enough, plus the 6 mil he already got?

So let me ask you, if rolo had a manageable and treatable cancer, does he forgo treatment because they come from stems cells from the 70's? Many of the cancer drugs are from this source. Does he feel so strongly he will die not to have the use of stem cells from 1970?

Awful hard to find out what is in someone's heart. That is why the courts will use past behaviors to determine that best. Yo know there was a football player last year who I am sure wasnt vaxed. Family devout Catholics. They go to church every day. Hard to argue with their faith. But I do know the kids to play high school sports in their local area they had to be vaxed for other stuff... so it sure makes it a mess.

Not sure what you mean the means justify the end. I have to look at reality. Rolo committed career suicide. His brand isn't so strong say like Lane Kiffin (mistakes that took him down..or even Sark) that he will get that upper echelon job in the next 8 to 10 years. He went against the wrong people from the Prez on down. Will he get his money? I don't think he will...but if he does I hope he lives happily ever after.

I also get the point where these kids are asked to sacrifice stuff for their team. IE family time. Their health. Heck Gesser couldnt even stand and took an injection. And there are others that held their nose for the team. So we will see what happens to Rolo. But my ethics...I would have taken a shot of estrogen to get paid 3.3 a year...and my wife would have administered it....

Suudy....I understand peoples faith, and have the ultimate respect for it. I wasn't a victim so to speak. Not the type of victim from priest to alter boy or just boy. I will say my problems probably started when I was 8 and I had to make up sins to confess sins for a ritual. didn't make sense at 8, 18, 28, 38, 48 or 58. That was the start. Then goes down from there for me.
If you were taught to "make up sins to confess" then it seems you suffered the poor catechesis problem I mentioned. I don't know about you, but I can think of things daily that I have done that damage my relationship with God, my relationship with others, and ultimately lead me away from God. I have no problem finding things I need to confess. You are indeed fortunate if you don't have anything.

And I think your statement is part of the problem. Millions wait for the pope to speak. If he doesn't speak for the church, or doesn't always as the leader of the church speak for it, why do people listen. How do we know when he speaks that is legit and when he speaks it is not? Those are problems I have, especially in rolo's case.
The Church teaches this. Unfortunately many in the US and elsewhere in the world are not taught the distinction between a formal teaching and an opinion. While certainly we ought to take the Pope's comments seriously, we must weigh it against the formal teachings of the Church.

Edit: One comparison I might make that I think explains it well. When the Queen (or now King) speaks, does she/he speak in an official capacity? Are those words to be taken as law? Or what about the POTUS? If Biden says an AR-15 should be illegal, does that make them illegal? Similarly with the Pope. When he speaks in an interview or gives a speech, it isn't as if he's creating any legal or moral obligation.

First, how many people heard the Pope himself or read his comments directly with respect to COVID? Did you? I didn't. I heard only the media reports of what he said. And this, I think is the fundamental problem. The media (and I mean *all* media, left and right) emphasize what they care about. And they never quote the entire statement, but only the pieces they care about. And I can't even find links to his actual remarks on any of the articles. They all just lead with "Pope Francis Monday said ...." or "On Monday, Pope Francis said ...." I still can't find his actual remarks.

So, when the Pope speaks, do people hear what he said? Or what the media reported he said?

In this COVID example, the CDF clearly stated the conditions for the vaccine. Here's point #5 from their document:

5. At the same time, practical reason makes evident that vaccination is not, as a rule, a moral obligation and that, therefore, it must be voluntary. In any case, from the ethical point of view, the morality of vaccination depends not only on the duty to protect one's own health, but also on the duty to pursue the common good. In the absence of other means to stop or even prevent the epidemic, the common good may recommend vaccination, especially to protect the weakest and most exposed. Those who, however, for reasons of conscience, refuse vaccines produced with cell lines from aborted fetuses, must do their utmost to avoid, by other prophylactic means and appropriate behavior, becoming vehicles for the transmission of the infectious agent. In particular, they must avoid any risk to the health of those who cannot be vaccinated for medical or other reasons, and who are the most vulnerable.

When the Pope made his statements back in January, he was speaking to the common good. That was consistent with this statement from the CDF. He did not mention that the vaccine "must be voluntary." But much of media latched onto his statements about the common good and inferred some sort of moral obligation, despite the CDF saying exactly the opposite.

I am all for Rolo having these convictions, but his convictions only go so far. Shouldn't the knowledge that he thinks he did was Jesus wanted him to do be reward enough, plus the 6 mil he already got?

So let me ask you, if rolo had a manageable and treatable cancer, does he forgo treatment because they come from stems cells from the 70's? Many of the cancer drugs are from this source. Does he feel so strongly he will die not to have the use of stem cells from 1970?
This is not as black and white as you paint it. It is as much a balance of risk as it is conviction. All of would like to think that were we stranded in the mountains in a snow storm that we wouldn't resort to cannibalism. But can you really say that your convictions would withstand such a difficult situation?

For my part, I'd like to think I too would make such a commitment. We have worked with all our pediatricians to ensure that all vaccines our children have received are not derived from cells of aborted children. We were lucky that the vaccines were available that are no longer available in the US (though they are available in Canada) for our children. I would like to think were that not possible at the time, we'd travel to Canada or find some other way around it. But we didn't have to make that choice.

And for me, if the only option for cancer treatment were stem-cells from aborted children, yes, I'd like to think I would deny it. How much easier it is to make that choice when being vaccinated against something that is very low risk for someone of his health and age?

But I would say that given he was willing to give-up a huge contract because of his convictions should be evidence of his sincerity. You make it clear in your final statement below that you are are willing to do anything for money. I think we should be glad he isn't.

Awful hard to find out what is in someone's heart. That is why the courts will use past behaviors to determine that best. Yo know there was a football player last year who I am sure wasnt vaxed. Family devout Catholics. They go to church every day. Hard to argue with their faith. But I do know the kids to play high school sports in their local area they had to be vaxed for other stuff... so it sure makes it a mess.
And there are alternatives that are not derived from aborted children. Vaccines aren't the problem. Vaccines derived from aborted children are the problem. But you also need to take into account knowledge. Are all of these devout Catholic families even aware of the issue? Have they taken the time to look? Remember sin requires three things: grave matter, full knowledge, and full consent.

I also get the point where these kids are asked to sacrifice stuff for their team. IE family time. Their health. Heck Gesser couldnt even stand and took an injection. And there are others that held their nose for the team. So we will see what happens to Rolo. But my ethics...I would have taken a shot of estrogen to get paid 3.3 a year...and my wife would have administered it....
I'm glad Rolo wasn't quite so willing to sell himself. But it's about risk.

If a yearly shot of estrogen is all that is required to get a $3.3M paycheck, I'd do it. But if it required me to get daily estrogen shots and change my sex, I would not.

If I had to walk on my hands to the office everyday, I'd do it. But if I had to cut my legs off and not use a wheelchair, I would not.

And I'm sure there's something you wouldn't do, even for $3.3M.

For some, use of vaccines from aborted children is a line they will not cross. Not even for $3.3M. That fact that you are willing to do it speaks only to your convictions, not theirs.

Last edited:
If you were taught to "make up sins to confess" then it seems you suffered the poor catechesis problem I mentioned. I don't know about you, but I can think of things daily that I have done that damage my relationship with God, my relationship with others, and ultimately lead me away from God. I have no problem finding things I need to confess. You are indeed fortunate if you don't have anything.

The Church teaches this. Unfortunately many in the US and elsewhere in the world are not taught the distinction between a formal teaching and an opinion. While certainly we ought to take the Pope's comments seriously, we must weigh it against the formal teachings of the Church.

Edit: One comparison I might make that I think explains it well. When the Queen (or now King) speaks, does she/he speak in an official capacity? Are those words to be taken as law? Or what about the POTUS? If Biden says an AR-15 should be illegal, does that make them illegal? Similarly with the Pope. When he speaks in an interview or gives a speech, it isn't as if he's creating any legal or moral obligation.

First, how many people heard the Pope himself or read his comments directly with respect to COVID? Did you? I didn't. I heard only the media reports of what he said. And this, I think is the fundamental problem. The media (and I mean *all* media, left and right) emphasize what they care about. And they never quote the entire statement, but only the pieces they care about. And I can't even find links to his actual remarks on any of the articles. They all just lead with "Pope Francis Monday said ...." or "On Monday, Pope Francis said ...." I still can't find his actual remarks.

So, when the Pope speaks, do people hear what he said? Or what the media reported he said?

In this COVID example, the CDF clearly stated the conditions for the vaccine. Here's point #5 from their document:

5. At the same time, practical reason makes evident that vaccination is not, as a rule, a moral obligation and that, therefore, it must be voluntary. In any case, from the ethical point of view, the morality of vaccination depends not only on the duty to protect one's own health, but also on the duty to pursue the common good. In the absence of other means to stop or even prevent the epidemic, the common good may recommend vaccination, especially to protect the weakest and most exposed. Those who, however, for reasons of conscience, refuse vaccines produced with cell lines from aborted fetuses, must do their utmost to avoid, by other prophylactic means and appropriate behavior, becoming vehicles for the transmission of the infectious agent. In particular, they must avoid any risk to the health of those who cannot be vaccinated for medical or other reasons, and who are the most vulnerable.

When the Pope made his statements back in January, he was speaking to the common good. That was consistent with this statement from the CDF. He did not mention that the vaccine "must be voluntary." But much of media latched onto his statements about the common good and inferred some sort of moral obligation, despite the CDF saying exactly the opposite.

This is not as black and white as you paint it. It is as much a balance of risk as it is conviction. All of would like to think that were we stranded in the mountains in a snow storm that we wouldn't resort to cannibalism. But can you really say that your convictions would withstand such a difficult situation?

For my part, I'd like to think I too would make such a commitment. We have worked with all our pediatricians to ensure that all vaccines our children have received are not derived from cells of aborted children. We were lucky that the vaccines were available that are no longer available in the US (though they are available in Canada) for our children. I would like to think were that not possible at the time, we'd travel to Canada or find some other way around it. But we didn't have to make that choice.

And for me, if the only option for cancer treatment were stem-cells from aborted children, yes, I'd like to think I would deny it. How much easier it is to make that choice when being vaccinated against something that is very low risk for someone of his health and age?

But I would say that given he was willing to give-up a huge contract because of his convictions should be evidence of his sincerity. You make it clear in your final statement below that you are are willing to do anything for money. I think we should be glad he isn't.

And there are alternatives that are not derived from aborted children. Vaccines aren't the problem. Vaccines derived from aborted children are the problem. But you also need to take into account knowledge. Are all of these devout Catholic families even aware of the issue? Have they taken the time to look? Remember sin requires three things: grave matter, full knowledge, and full consent.

I'm glad Rolo wasn't quite so willing to sell himself. But it's about risk.

If a yearly shot of estrogen is all that is required to get a $3.3M paycheck, I'd do it. But if it required me to get daily estrogen shots and change my sex, I would not.

If I had to walk on my hands to the office everyday, I'd do it. But if I had to cut my legs off and not use a wheelchair, I would not.

And I'm sure there's something you wouldn't do, even for $3.3M.

For some, use of vaccines from aborted children is a line they will not cross. Not even for $3.3M. That fact that you are willing to do it speaks only to your convictions, not theirs.
Wow....let me say when I was 8 and had to go to confession, what was I supposed to tell the priest so I could get my first communion. At 8 I was all about sled riding, riding my bike...I didn't have sins to confess.

I understand your understanding of the Catholic church. Rolo by his choice should be simply satisfied he got his cue from God and move on. His questions that were similar to the question Q had, and the fact June Jones laid him out he very easily could be using religion as an out.

And you don't know if the stem cells from the 1970's were aborted or come from women who had a miscarriage, and no I am not mistaken about what Fred Hutch has used in their research cause my neighbor had first hand experience as a manager there.

And since we are talking about faith, I could easily state that God gave us tools to use to come up with the cancer drugs and other drugs. There is not a spot in the Bible that talks about abortion and the use of stem cells to help others. It is your belief that if they used cells from 1975 it is a problem with the church, but you cannot prove it is a problem with God. Thus, on this earth Rolo will be judged in a court of law. I see somethings very much against him. I think those things will be harder for Rolo to justify his stance, including snap shots of his tweets about Q and also what he told June Jones....but we shall see.

And you are correct, I would take one shot of estrogen for 3.3 million dollars, as I would take the J and J jab to get the money. And there are convictions I have I wont cross for 3.3 million dollars or 33 million dollars. But you know the difference, if I make that call I am not falling back on a religious argument if I don't attend church on a regular basis.

Wow....let me say when I was 8 and had to go to confession, what was I supposed to tell the priest so I could get my first communion. At 8 I was all about sled riding, riding my bike...I didn't have sins to confess.

I understand your understanding of the Catholic church. Rolo by his choice should be simply satisfied he got his cue from God and move on. His questions that were similar to the question Q had, and the fact June Jones laid him out he very easily could be using religion as an out.

And you don't know if the stem cells from the 1970's were aborted or come from women who had a miscarriage, and no I am not mistaken about what Fred Hutch has used in their research cause my neighbor had first hand experience as a manager there.

And since we are talking about faith, I could easily state that God gave us tools to use to come up with the cancer drugs and other drugs. There is not a spot in the Bible that talks about abortion and the use of stem cells to help others. It is your belief that if they used cells from 1975 it is a problem with the church, but you cannot prove it is a problem with God. Thus, on this earth Rolo will be judged in a court of law. I see somethings very much against him. I think those things will be harder for Rolo to justify his stance, including snap shots of his tweets about Q and also what he told June Jones....but we shall see.

And you are correct, I would take one shot of estrogen for 3.3 million dollars, as I would take the J and J jab to get the money. And there are convictions I have I wont cross for 3.3 million dollars or 33 million dollars. But you know the difference, if I make that call I am not falling back on a religious argument if I don't attend church on a regular basis.

Well stated, Ed

I am not sold on the board narrative that Rolo was a crappy coach. We ere Ina 3 game win streak when he got fired..and he is the one who hired Dickert as our DC..and I thought that was a good hire.

We were improving when he got fired so I think the sample size is insufficient here.

Some say that he was lazy at recruiting. I don't follow recruiting so not going to argue there.

Reactions: Cougini5591
I am not sold on the board narrative that Rolo was a crappy coach. We ere Ina 3 game win streak when he got fired..and he is the one who hired Dickert as our DC..and I thought that was a good hire.

We were improving when he got fired so I think the sample size is insufficient here.

Some say that he was lazy at recruiting. I don't follow recruiting so not going to argue there.

He sucks.

It was a turd hire to begin with. I'm ready to just move forward and forget about the former HC.

Last weekend's game was the first time I genuinely felt engaged about Cougar football in like 5 years, and not something I flipped on because there was nothing else on TV.

To answer someone previously - a "Sunday Catholic" is someone who parties and has fun and does whatever and whoever they want (aka me) 6 days a week, but Sunday morning they are pious and devout and get down on their knees (not me). I've known and been buds with quite a few.

It doesn;t matter how devout Rolo can "prove" that he is. No major religion, including the Catholics, have any tenet that opposes vaccines and specifically the COVID vaccine. So the religious exemption should be DOA and it always should have been DOA. No aborted fetuses were used to create the vaccine.

And he could not do his job without being vaccinated. So he has no case. Period.

Problem here is understanding. The two most common vaccines in the US - the Pfizer and Moderna - were not "derived from aborted children." Aborted cells were in no way used in production of the vaccines. Some of those cells were used in early testing of the vaccines as a proof of concept for the mRNA delivery, but they aren't in the vaccine production itself. J&J actually used a fetal cell line for production, as did AstraZeneca, CanSino Biologics, and many of the other alternatives. THose cells have also been used in production of a lot of other vaccines, medications, and so many other kinds of testing that we probably couldn't even find all the products connected to them.

And, where does one draw the line? Fetal stem cells can be derived from a healthy birth too - from placental or cord blood, for example. Would use of those cells also be out of bounds? If so, why?

The whole concept is pretty surreal to me. Regardless of whether they originated from an adult, child, fetus, or zygote, all of the following are true:
  • That person died well before I was born
  • I had no hand in that person's death
  • Those cells have been duplicated and regrown thousands of times, to the point that, while they originated from a person, they are not now and never were part of that person
In light of those things, I don't see that there should be anything immoral about my use of the medication produced using those cells. Further, I don't see that the world (or the "greater good") benefits from not using that medication - quite the opposite in fact. An argument could be made - even if one opposes abortion - that use of these cells to create vaccines and medications serves the greater good and salvages something positive from the death.

What about the HeLa cell line - harvested from Henrietta Lacks without her consent, and used thousands of times over the last 70 years? It's estimated that the use of those cells has saved 10 million lives.

Then again, I'm also not on board with your 2nd theory above. If we're stranded in the mountains with no food source, I'll definitely eat you. I don't think I'll kill you and eat you, but if you freeze, starve, or otherwise expire before me, and you're what's between me and starvation, I'm eating your ass (not actually your ass...I'll start with the legs). I also don't have much difficulty with that old morality question - if you can go back in time to when Hitler was 10 years old, what do you do? Easy. If I've got one trip and I can't try other methods, I put a bullet in that little bastard's head and I save somewhere between 12 and 50 million people. Sure, he hasn't done anything yet, but it's the only way I can be sure to stop it. If you give me 3 trips, I'll try to get him into art school first, but I'm keeping that bullet for trip #3.

Anyway...Rolo made his choice. He waited too long to file his religious exemption, and left no time for an appeal or reconsideration. Seems apparent that he didn't think he'd lose the job. He's far from the only state employee who reached the same conclusion, he's just the one who had the biggest paycheck.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Goal line offense, rolls in the 4th string QB cold, lines up with a 3 back set for a RnS offense, fails. Loses the game.

Turd doesn’t f’ing get it.
I'm not saying that he was perfect, But I will totally give him a thumbs up on what he accomplished at Hawaii. That's not exactly the easiest mountain to climb. He took them to a 10 win season!

He was 4 and 3 when he got fired from WSU. Utterly moronic when a dumb ass governor like Inslee turns covid into politics and power. People can say whatever they want, but the politics showed in clear force state by state and apparent "science" over truth and reality.

When players LOVE a coach... he's not a turd. Remember the days under Price? Do you know how many of the players at WSU considered him to be like a Dad/Uncle? Actually coming to him with their problems on and off the football field?

That's not a turd. That in no way compares to what and who you defined as a "turd" before.

The "turd coaches" that have been at WSU are pretty easy to pick. Rolo wasn't one of them.

I'm not saying that he was perfect, But I will totally give him a thumbs up on what he accomplished at Hawaii. That's not exactly the easiest mountain to climb. He took them to a 10 win season!

He was 4 and 3 when he got fired from WSU. Utterly moronic when a dumb ass governor like Inslee turns covid into politics and power. People can say whatever they want, but the politics showed in clear force state by state and apparent "science" over truth and reality.

When players LOVE a coach... he's not a turd. Remember the days under Price? Do you know how many of the players at WSU considered him to be like a Dad/Uncle? Actually coming to him with their problems on and off the football field?

That's not a turd. That in no way compares to what and who you defined as a "turd" before.

The "turd coaches" that have been at WSU are pretty easy to pick. Rolo wasn't one of them.

First off, he is a Turd. What he did at Hawaii is fine. What he did at WSU? No thanks. How he handled the covid vax situation at WSU? Awful. He could have handled that way better. We will see how his career shakes out. He was passed over entirely this last hiring cycle.

Goal line offense, rolls in the 4th string QB cold, lines up with a 3 back set for a RnS offense, fails. Loses the game.

Turd doesn’t f’ing get it.
Forth game at USC. Zero clue how to make any adjustments. That was enough for me (for a very skeptical hire to begin with)...four games in to his tenure.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
So what did you think of Leach?
Leach literally had to revamp a program. I was just happy he was willing to take on the project. 87-43 overall and 10 straight bowl games at Tech. Results.

Did it fall off the last year or two at WSU? Yes.

The former HC had one okay season (where they played 15 games) and that's all to show for it. Couldn't have been more whelmed on a hire. And then killed any leftover positive momentum the program had. I didn't think he'd make it to the end of his contract (albeit, for the on-field portion).

Reactions: Coug-Vandal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT