ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: I BOUGHT a 2011 Shadow Cruiser 195 WBS 19 foot long RV Travel trailer for $5000!

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
Hey all Great News, I finally found, BOUGHT a RV in Spokane, that cost $5000.

It was on a Craigslist ad.

The back end, edge where end, side meet has slight warping of fiberglass, and Lamination fading, peeling.

And there is a slight leak on top of the Slide out. He says I can either fix it, or have slide out, slid in to avoid leaking.

He was upfront, honest in ZOOMED in photos of the slight problem areas.

It passed inspection, by me and my friend Bob.

I once owned a 79, 40 ft 5th Wheel that had leaky roof, that I fixed by getting cans of sealant paint, and painted, sealed whole roof. I sold it for $850, paid $500.

I have about $1100 left over in bank. I parked the RV, at a friend's place from church who said I can park it there, in exchange for them being able to use it for their family reunion.

So next step is to try to fix leak(Which should be doable, using calking, paint leak sealant, spray sealant.). Throw RV cover, protector over it. Catch a plane down there, or pay a friend about $1000 to take me, my trailer, my stuff, to RV park, down there, park me, drop me off.

Also I'll have to find insurance, pay for minor repairs, continue to save, etc.

MI was, is right. It's either pretty nice or seems pretty nice. Everything works, or seems to work, or at least when showed us, and when did inspection. Most RV parks will accept it, etc.

He says he wanted to upgrade, and needed money for medical bills, so he wanted to quick sell it, and hopefully help another person enjoy it as much as he did.

The pictures of it look pretty nice, its nice looking on both outside, inside, except for the 2 problem areas from up close, but further back, can't easily tell, see, don't notice the 2 problem areas, etc, at least according to what I saw in pictures, and in the inspection, and he was very honest in both pictures, inspection, and what he told me, as he said the Reason why showed the 2 problem areas, in pictures, and did the inspection, etc, is that he wanted me to know what I was getting, got, etc.

I took pictures of me in front of it. I'll post the pictures, if I can figure out how to post the pictures here.

Last edited:
Hey all Great News, I finally found a RV in Spokane, that I can afford. I have 6k in bank, and RV cost $5000.

The back end, edge where end, side meet has slight warping of fiberglass, and Lamination fading, peeling.

And there is a slight leak on top of the Slide out. He says I can either fix it, or have slide out, slid in to avoid leaking.

I once owned a 79, 40 ft 5th Wheel that had leaky roof, that I fixed by getting cans of sealant paint, and painted, sealed whole roof. I sold it for $850, paid $500.

I'll have 1300 left over in bank, after taking out, if I take out $5000 to buy the RV. I have a place to park it, either in my unused apt parking spot, or at friend from church who said I can park it there, in exchange for them being able to use it for their family reunion.

So in about 3 to 9 days after the guy gets over his cold, a friend of mine who knows a lot about RV's, is going to give me a ride to bank, get a contingent $5000, then inspect the RV, then if still want it, immediately buy it, immediately give him the money, fill out the title transfer paperwork, immediately hitch it up behind friends truck, tow it to either my parking spot, or friends place that lives near Ford, then try to fix leak, throw RV cover, protector over it, continue to save for months, then either pay a company to ship it down there, then catch a plane down there, or pay a friend about $1000 to take me, trailer, my stuff, to RV park, down there, park me, drop me off.

I'm doing it that way, so that another buyer, doesn't swoop in and buy it out from underneath me. I don't want to take a bus, inspect it, then arrange to buy it another day, and then find out that somebody else bought it. This way hopefully that won't happen.

If everything works, etc, then $5000 is a great deal for it, as no RV that cheap is perfect.

He says he wants to upgrade, and needs money for medical bills, so he wants to quick sell it, and hopefully help another person enjoy it as much as he has.

I hope it's worth getting when I inspect it, and that I am able to get it.

The pictures of it look pretty nice, on both outside, inside, except for the 2 problem areas from up close, but further back, can't easily tell, see, don't notice the 2 problem areas, etc, at least according to what I see in pictures, and he was very honest in both pictures, and what he told me, as he said the Reason why showed the 2 problem areas, in pictures, etc, is that he wants buyers to know what they are getting.
Sounds exciting. Let's hope it's a gem, and everything you could ask for! 19' is a perfect size for towing, and what a bonus it's a 2011.

Reactions: mikalalas
Sounds exciting. Let's hope it's a gem, and everything you could ask for! 19' is a perfect size for towing, and what a bonus it's a 2011.

Thanks MI. If, when, hopefully I am able to get it, great if it is a gem, but even if not gem, with problems, as long as I can get it down there, live in it at a RV park, etc, then while it wouldn't be perfect, it would be ok for me, even if not ok for others, as it would be a start, and a blessing to be closer to my daughter, and a hand up, not just only a hand out, and that I worked hard for, and the grace of God will make up the difference, where I would probably be short, and provide me with a opportunity, that I can take good advantage of, and it would feel good to be a vehicle, mini home ish owner, etc.

I just need a break, opportunity, and hopefully this is that opportunity, and God will provide that opportunity, if I meet HIM halfway and work, look, etc, in HIS time, whenever that is, whether now or later.

Thanks for the support, hope, encouragement, etc, from you, others to keep trying, etc.

If I do get it, then I hope I can make it to a WSU baseball game in it, and have a tailgate party that anybody, everybody here invited to, if they want to go, participate, celebrate, etc, as a vehicle, mini home ish warming celebration party, etc.

Just talked to the owner, and made arrangements for my friend Bob, with his truck and me, etc, to go check out the RV at Les Schwab Tire on Sprague, in Spokane, on next, this coming Friday(not today Friday)at 1 pm.

The owner says he is going to have the Electricity, Water, etc, on in the RV, etc, show that everything works, etc, and after I check it out, etc, he said if I still want it, then I'll give him the $5000, do the paperwork, hitch it up, take it where I park it, etc.

My friend Bob said that Monday afternoon, or any daytime time on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, etc, works for him, and to call him(My friend Bob), back a tell him the time, place after I made the arrangements.

The arrangements have been made, all that's left to do is call Bob, let him know, and then go check it out, and then buy it(assuming it passes inspection(and it probably will as the guy demonstrated his honesty, by posting pictures that ZOOMED, showed the problem areas), pay, give the $5000 to him right then there, and then get the paperwork, title, then hitch it up, take it home.

So probably about a 99.999% chance that pretty much, almost a done deal, that going to be able to buy this, etc.

Wow, I'm finally going to buy a RV, this is great, exciting, etc.

I have about $1100 left over in bank. I parked the RV, at a friend's place from church who said I can park it there, in exchange for them being able to use it for their family reunion.

So next step is to try to fix leak(Which should be doable, using calking, paint leak sealant, spray sealant.). Throw RV cover, protector over it. Catch a plane down there, or pay a friend about $1000 to take me, my trailer, my stuff, to RV park, down there, park me, drop me off.

MI was, is right. It's either pretty nice or seems pretty nice. Everything works, or seems to work, or at least when showed us, and when did inspection. Most RV parks will accept it, etc.

He says he wants to upgrade, and needed money for medical bills, so he wanted to quick sell it, and hopefully help another person enjoy it as much as he did.

The pictures of it look pretty nice, its nice looking on both outside, inside, except for the 2 problem areas from up close, but further back, can't easily tell, see, don't notice the 2 problem areas, etc, at least according to what I saw in pictures, and in the inspection, and he was very honest in both pictures, inspection, and what he told me, as he said the Reason why showed the 2 problem areas, in pictures, and did the inspection, etc, is that he wanted me to know what I was getting, got, etc.

I took pictures of me in front of it. I'll post the pictures, if I can figure out how to post the pictures here.

Last edited:

He says he wants to upgrade, and needs money for medical bills, so he wants to quick sell it, and hopefully help another person enjoy it as much as he has.

Half worked, I couldn't find a way to post only just those 4 pictures. But it's ok, as my picture collection is ok, and I trust ya all.

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Congrats! One more checkmark done! Closer to your daughter!

Thanks MI!. Hopefully, maybe I'll see you down there, maybe goto Mariners spring training in Peoria, with ya, or maybe goto a future WSU vs ASU road game, with you, etc.

How your doing down there? What doing? Do you like it down there so far? Hope everything is going good for you down there.

Thanks MI!. Hopefully, maybe I'll see you down there, maybe goto Mariners spring training in Peoria, with ya, or maybe goto a future WSU vs ASU road game, with you, etc.

How your doing down there? What doing? Do you like it down there so far? Hope everything is going good for you down there.
Sounds like a plan. We love N. Scottsdale, and been here a little over 3 weeks. Don't miss the cold weather, rain, drizzle and clouds! What we do love is the desert terrain and everything the Sonoran Desert has, including the sun while the Saguaros are everywhere. Love the home, neighborhood, and looks like our daughter might be going to ASU for her junior and senior year. Interesting, you'll find people are way more friendly here, than Seattle, (probably Spokane, too). 🌵 🌵 🌵 🌵

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT