ADVERTISEMENT

vs ASU

Another huge game. They're all huge from here on out. Cannot falter. Need to keep the foot on the gas.

ESPN, CBS, Lunardi, Jerry Palm, Ken Pom, etc, are saying that when, if WSU beats ASU, that WSU will be a VIRTUAL CLINCHED LOCK on the NCAA tournament. That WSU would have to lose their last 3 games, and then win ZERO games in the PAC 12 tourny, to goto NIT, and they said that's not going to happen, if WSU beats ASU.

So WSU is playing to, for CLINCHING NCAA tourny, vs ASU, AND for conference title, and for PAC 12 tourny seeding, and for NCAA tourny seeding.

ESPN, CBS, Lunardi, Jerry Palm, Ken Pom, etc, are saying that when, if WSU beats ASU, that WSU will be a VIRTUAL CLINCHED LOCK on the NCAA tournament. That WSU would have to lose their last 3 games, and then win ZERO games in the PAC 12 tourny, to goto NIT, and they said that's not going to happen, if WSU beats ASU.

So WSU is playing to, for CLINCHING NCAA tourny, vs ASU, AND for conference title, and for PAC 12 tourny seeding, and for NCAA tourny seeding.
Just to be a jerk: ;)

Not sure what Tourny France has to do with WSU BB. Unless you mean tourney. which in English (the primary language in the USA and Cougland) means tournament.

I notice a few posters who seem furiously calculating the bare minimum to get into the tourney.

What if we’re simply the best team in the conference, getting stronger at the end?

What if we win out? Imagine the hype the PAC-12 Championship will garner in Las Vegas?

Imagine winning it all?

What will selection Sunday look like then?

I notice a few posters who seem furiously calculating the bare minimum to get into the tourney.

What if we’re simply the best team in the conference, getting stronger at the end?

What if we win out? Imagine the hype the PAC-12 Championship will garner in Las Vegas?

Imagine winning it all?

What will selection Sunday look like then?

The point me and others have made, are making, is that some are making it sound like WSU had to, has to win every single game to make it to the NCAA tourny.

WSU does not have to do that to make NCAA tourny.

There is a minimum that WSU must do to make NCAA tournament, and it wasn't going 10-1 like some seemed to say.

Others were saying that they were so worried that WSU was not going to make NCAA tourny, or that WSU would have such a hard time making NCAA tourny.

Saying the minimum that WSU had to do to make NCAA tourny showed that it wouldn't be as seemingly impossible or as hard as some seemed to be saying.

The other reason for showing the minimum now, is that it's not bloody damn likely that WSU goes 1-3, 0-4, 0-3, etc, and goto NIT, that all WSU has to do is go either 2-2 or 1-3 with 1,2 PAC 12 tourny wins and they are in NCAA tourny, and so because of that WSU IS BASICALLY PLAYING FOR BETTER NCAA TOURNY SEEDING.

ASU is JACKING up bad shot selection, semi contested 3's and making them.

WSU missing almost all their good shot selection, uncontested, WIDE OPEN 3's.

ASU playing good defense.

WSU playing BAD defense.

WSU's 9 first half turnovers are killing WSU.

WSU is playing like crap.

Miracle that WSU only down 7

Gotta keep ASU off the offensive boards!

Yeah I knew I was leaving something off my list.

WSU getting out rebounded by such a small almost guard lineup is embarrassing.

Lack of getting to the line also needs to be added to list

Add bad officiating to list as Rice on 1,2,3 drives, lay ups, got absolutely HACKED, MUGGED, AND NO CALL.

Well down 9, 3 minutes left, looks like a loss.

Poor rebounding.

Bad defense

TURNOVERS.

LACK OF GETTING TO LINE

COLD SHOOTING.

BAD OFFICIATING.

BAD GAME.

Classic case of thinking all you have to do is show up

I don't think the team, players, coach thought that.

They played like crap.

But I think the reason they played like crap had more to do with it being a road game with only 1 day(Friday) of rest, after the Arizona game took so much out of them, combined with ASU playing hard, good, etc, combined with how Smith said 2 of his players were sick.

I don't think the team, players, coach thought that.

They played like crap.

But I think the reason they played like crap had more to do with it being a road game with only 1 day(Friday) of rest, after the Arizona game took so much out of them, combined with ASU playing hard, good, etc, combined with how Smith said 2 of his players were sick.
Saturday games always have 1 days rest, jaki scored 2 points who was sick? Standing by my statement

The only thing worse than our game tonight,,,,was the ESPN coverage. Sounded like announcers forgot their microphones. High schools have better broadcasts ! Time to start a new win streak !

Saturday games always have 1 days rest, jaki scored 2 points who was sick? Standing by my statement

Yes Saturday games always have 1 day of rest.

Not all Saturday games are situations where it's on the road, with only 1 day of rest, AFTER PLAYING A EXTREMELY TOUGH ARIZONA TEAM DOWN TO A LAST MINUTE, LAST SECOND WIN BY 3 POINTS.

Think how much that game TOOK OUT OF WSU.

And then after that you only get 1 day of rest, and then have to go on the road, after that 1 day of rest.

And then on top of that, 2 of your players were sick.

And on top of that ASU played well.

That's going to, can cause you to play like CRAP.

I don't think the team, players, coach was thinking that all they had to do was show up.

Us fans may have thought that.

But there is a difference between us fans thinking that, and the team, players, coaches thinking that

Never good to lose, but winning on the road is tough, they looked a little out of rhythm all game. The AZ game appeared to take a lot out of them, seemed a step slow, and passing was not crisp. Last 5 road games, UW, OSU, UO, AZ, ASU, record 4-1, I’ll take it, was hoping for 3-2 if we were lucky, so they exceeded most expectations. Just need to win the last 3 and, don’t let this loss beat you twice. Still have a shot at the 1 or 2 seed in the pac 12 tournament, don’t let that slip away.

All the other stuff aside they have to deal with winning. When you're in 1st place you're going to get everyone's best shot. The team has no experience with that.

Never good to lose, but winning on the road is tough, they looked a little out of rhythm all game. The AZ game appeared to take a lot out of them, seemed a step slow, and passing was not crisp. Last 5 road games, UW, OSU, UO, AZ, ASU, record 4-1, I’ll take it, was hoping for 3-2 if we were lucky, so they exceeded most expectations. Just need to win the last 3 and, don’t let this loss beat you twice. Still have a shot at the 1 or 2 seed in the pac 12 tournament, don’t let that slip away.
Well ASU was coming off a tough OT loss to the mutts, so they probably weren't fresh either. We just couldn't hit shots.

Good commentary. If we were going to lose one, this is a good one to lose. As opposed to the next ones. 3 game homestand, licking our wounds and lips. Go Cougs.

I was worried about this game starting at the final buzzer of the UA game. If we had to lose one this would be my pick. Brings the team back to normal, hopefully. I think UCLA presents the biggest remaining challenge. USC beating them tonight is helpful regarding pac-12 tournament seeding.

Again, who was sick

I heard Smith in his post game interview with the radio announcers, either radio announcers or Smith or both talked about Smith having 2 sick players, that were sick with semi nasty cold, flu, etc, TYPE of sickness.

Either they did not say who was sick, or if they did say who was sick, either I DID NOT HEAR, OR I DO NOT REMEMBER, if they did say who was sick.

All I know is that I'm pretty sure that they were talking about 2 players being sick.

If you want to know who was sick, go ask them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT