ADVERTISEMENT

We need a RB

Ummm....I don't think I am insinuating it. Mike Leach has acknowledged it. Right around the Wilson incident, someone in the know told me the blood letting had just begun. Expect four players to leave next week. Sure enough, Waseem, Tyrone Duckett, Matt Simons and Brandon Golden. Bad grades? Nope. Not Pac 12 talent.

Why Polly Anna it, Mike Leach was paid big bucks. WSU decided to play big boy football. I fully agree with Leach, or any coach. If they aren't gonna help the team win, move on. When coaches get fired for grad rates and bad character, then I will go back to the Bill Doba, Paul Wulff of doing it the right way. Doing it the right way got two deer's run over on highway 26. Both Doba and Wulff were lambs for the slaughter.

Lots of players considered quiting around the Wilson incident. The team was losing. Coaches weren't happy. Players weren't happy. Not a shock that a few players left.
I wonder if your "source" is the same person who alleged players getting hosed down in freezing temperatures.

I appreciate the irony of returning the Doba and Wulff "doing things the right way" when coaches are fired for graduation rates and character of players. Neither Wulff nor Doba graduated players and we seemed to be in contention for the Fulmer cup every year. You might want to ask yourself how a coach who ran off anyone who couldn't cut it managed to get the highest APR scores in school history.

If WSU player XYZ, isnt good enough:

1. You sit them down, tell them they arent good enough, that they will be 10th string, not get reps, even scout team reps, practice reps, NOT even 1 second of playing time.

2. If that doesnt work, you beg, plead, cajole, demand; etc, that they transfer to some other college to free up the scholly, and that their scholly is needed for some other player that would help WSU win, and that if WSU lets players like them stayvon scholly, thats how WSU loses games.

3. If that doesnt work, you make practice unbearably unpleasant for them to try to motivate them to transfer.

4. If that doesnt work, and they are stubborn, and wont leave, at that point WSU, LEACH, HC, etc, DO NOT FORCEFULLY TAKE THE SCHOLLY FROM THE KID IF THE KID WORKS HARD, GETS GOOD GRADES, ETC. WSU, Leach, HONORS the scholly agreement, if they have to, even tho they dont like doing so, and will try to convince the player to leave so that wont have to HONOR the scholly.

I suspect that when ED says Leach runs players, or to run players that he means convincing players to leave so that those players wont be on scholly.

I dont think ED means that running means taking the scholly away, if convincing them to leave(running them), does not work.

And I dont think ED is advocating taking a scholly away.

If I am wrong, and ED does mean that:

Then ED does not know what he is talking about.

You dont take scholly's away.

WSU, Leach, etc, do not take schollys away.

And almost all colleges do not take scholly's away.

Also if a college were to try to take away a scholly for a hard working, good grade getting, but not goid enough player, I'm pretty sure the kid, player, could sue or take some kind of action against WSU, to the NCAA an or the legal system, and not have their scholly taken.

Running players is NOT taking their scholly's away. Running players is doing almost whatever it takes in your power to legally CONVINCE them to transfer, quit, leave the team, voluntarily, etc, give up their scholly.

That is not taking their scholly away.

Big Boy football is CONVINCING the player to transfer, quit, leave, give up their scholly.

Big Boy football is not TAKING their scholly away.

Notre Dame which is a BIG BOY Football college will try to CONVINCE a player to give up a scholly, BUT if that doesnt work, they dont take the scholly.

Lots of players considered quiting around the Wilson incident. The team was losing. Coaches weren't happy. Players weren't happy. Not a shock that a few players left.
I wonder if your "source" is the same person who alleged players getting hosed down in freezing temperatures.

I appreciate the irony of returning the Doba and Wulff "doing things the right way" when coaches are fired for graduation rates and character of players. Neither Wulff nor Doba graduated players and we seemed to be in contention for the Fulmer cup every year. You might want to ask yourself how a coach who ran off anyone who couldn't cut it managed to get the highest APR scores in school history.

Tron...several things. Big boy all coaches who want to save their job and do it properly run kids. Sometimes it is "hey you know we have two great qb's in front of you I think Idaho or XYZ school is a great opportunity." And you get a response, "gosh coach, I think you are right". Other tactics are "son, you will never ever see the field, you should look at other schools". That one doesn't work---"son, you will never play at WSU, and we will make your day a living hell, we will roll you every single day during practice season. " Or finally, "you know these agreements are one year agreements".

Ah the old hose situation. Nah, WSU was the source that said they were sprayed. To be perfectly clear, Moos agreed the S and C coach was out of line. Also to be clear, there were two mornings in September that there were freezing temperatures so it could have happened. Four, I could see where they were rolled in the sand around the 25th to 30th of October of 2012 as punishment. I thought I was clear about this but I suppose I will say it one more time. I guess there was a point when the S and C coach would give them the old Navy hose down, where they were standing in the pit. I am not quit sure that is how I envisioned it. But rather the pit being wet via the hose or the weather and they crawled in it.

And the entire discussion from me was about why they didn't talk to the person in Bill Drake who is the person had the concerns and emailed Moos about his concerns late in October.

And his concerns may have been the staff used four letter words. It may have been players being asked to exert more physical activity and run an extra set of stairs. The truth is we don't know. And the one impartial person was never interviewed.

Are you saying Duckett, Golden, and Matt Simmons (deceased father a WSU grad) that it was their idea to leave the program? Reading what Duckett's high school coach had said, it sure seemed like it was the schools and coaches plan. And like I said, if Leach felt he was hamstrung with four players you run them and get four better players to help you win.

Tron...several things. Big boy all coaches who want to save their job and do it properly run kids. Sometimes it is "hey you know we have two great qb's in front of you I think Idaho or XYZ school is a great opportunity." And you get a response, "gosh coach, I think you are right". Other tactics are "son, you will never ever see the field, you should look at other schools". That one doesn't work---"son, you will never play at WSU, and we will make your day a living hell, we will roll you every single day during practice season. " Or finally, "you know these agreements are one year agreements".

Ah the old hose situation. Nah, WSU was the source that said they were sprayed. To be perfectly clear, Moos agreed the S and C coach was out of line. Also to be clear, there were two mornings in September that there were freezing temperatures so it could have happened. Four, I could see where they were rolled in the sand around the 25th to 30th of October of 2012 as punishment. I thought I was clear about this but I suppose I will say it one more time. I guess there was a point when the S and C coach would give them the old Navy hose down, where they were standing in the pit. I am not quit sure that is how I envisioned it. But rather the pit being wet via the hose or the weather and they crawled in it.

And the entire discussion from me was about why they didn't talk to the person in Bill Drake who is the person had the concerns and emailed Moos about his concerns late in October.

And his concerns may have been the staff used four letter words. It may have been players being asked to exert more physical activity and run an extra set of stairs. The truth is we don't know. And the one impartial person was never interviewed.

Are you saying Duckett, Golden, and Matt Simmons (deceased father a WSU grad) that it was their idea to leave the program? Reading what Duckett's high school coach had said, it sure seemed like it was the schools and coaches plan. And like I said, if Leach felt he was hamstrung with four players you run them and get four better players to help you win.

Pretty bloody damn likely sure that Leach/HC did NOT TAKE Golden, Simmon, Ducket's scholarships.

Pretty bloody damn likely sure that Leach\HC sat them down and said something like "Boys I respect how hard you work, play. But despite that, your athletic talent is not good enough. You boys just wont get any playing time. You wont get practice, scout team reps. Now I suggest that you transfer to EWU, Idaho, etc, where you will get playing time, a good scholarship education there. And to help motivate you to transfer, I am going to work you as hard, harder then the other players, and there wont be any reward, playing time, reps, etc, so why stay. Why not transfer to another college. I will help you transfer. I will give you a good recommendation. I'm sorry boys that it has to be this way. As I said you boys are extremely hard workers, have good character, and I wish some of our more athletically gifted players had your work ethic, character."

Then Golden, Simmons, Ducket probably transfered.

Their scholarships werent taken.

Also a LOI letter of intent scholly offer: When signed, accepted, etc,as long as player abides by terms, works hard, gets good grades, abides by rules, etc, that scholly is good for 4, FOUR years, NOT a 1 year, or a renewable year to year agreement that can be taken away after a year.

That scholly is either a 4 year scholly that cant be taken away, or almost every college honors that scholly and doesnt take that scholly away.

And if that scholly is taken away, the student athlete will goto the board of regents, President, Dean, Media, NCAA, Courts, Etc.

Thats how it works

Pretty bloody damn likely sure that Leach/HC did NOT TAKE Golden, Simmon, Ducket's scholarships.

Pretty bloody damn likely sure that Leach\HC sat them down and said something like "Boys I respect how hard you work, play. But despite that, your athletic talent is not good enough. You boys just wont get any playing time. You wont get practice, scout team reps. Now I suggest that you transfer to EWU, Idaho, etc, where you will get playing time, a good scholarship education there. And to help motivate you to transfer, I am going to work you as hard, harder then the other players, and there wont be any reward, playing time, reps, etc, so why stay. Why not transfer to another college. I will help you transfer. I will give you a good recommendation. I'm sorry boys that it has to be this way. As I said you boys are extremely hard workers, have good character, and I wish some of our more athletically gifted players had your work ethic, character."

Then Golden, Simmons, Ducket probably transfered.

Their scholarships werent taken.

Also a LOI letter of intent scholly offer: When signed, accepted, etc,as long as player abides by terms, works hard, gets good grades, abides by rules, etc, that scholly is good for 4, FOUR years, NOT a 1 year, or a renewable year to year agreement that can be taken away after a year.

That scholly is either a 4 year scholly that cant be taken away, or almost every college honors that scholly and doesnt take that scholly away.

And if that scholly is taken away, the student athlete will goto the board of regents, President, Dean, Media, NCAA, Courts, Etc.

Thats how it works

Well how the heck do you think players are run? You don’t think coaches use every method to remove their mistake before they say your scholie wont be renewed ?

Let me ask you this ... say I could prove that I was told the four players I mentioned would not be coming back, that leach would get rid of them one way or another . Would you lose respect for leach or any other coach who does this ?

Let me ask you this ... say I could prove that I was told the four players I mentioned would not be coming back, that leach would get rid of them one way or another . Would you lose respect for leach or any other coach who does this ?

Prove it.

Well how the heck do you think players are run? You don’t think coaches use every method to remove their mistake before they say your scholie wont be renewed ?

THERE IS NO SAYING THE SCHOLLY WONT BE RENEWED BECAUSE A LOI SCHOLLY IS FOR 4 YEARS.

A COLLEGE, HC, EITHER CANT OR WONT TAKE AWAY A LOI SCHOLLY.

Your probably thinking of those players who dont sign a LOI Scholly, and sign a FAA FINANCIAL AID AGREEMENT, which is between a LOI Scholly, and a Preferred Walk On, and is usually a 1 year FAA agreement.

Those can be not renewed. Can be taken away. And sometimes they are honored, and sometimes they are not. Depends on the HC, College, etc.

THERE IS NO SAYING THE SCHOLLY WONT BE RENEWED BECAUSE A LOI SCHOLLY IS FOR 4 YEARS.

A COLLEGE, HC, EITHER CANT OR WONT TAKE AWAY A LOI SCHOLLY.

Your probably thinking of those players who dont sign a LOI Scholly, and sign a FAA FINANCIAL AID AGREEMENT, which is between a LOI Scholly, and a Preferred Walk On, and is usually a 1 year FAA agreement.

Those can be not renewed. Can be taken away. And sometimes they are honored, and sometimes they are not. Depends on the HC, College, etc.

Mik in 2012 scholie’s were four one year agreements .

THE ONLY WAYS TO GET RID OF A LOI SCHOLLY PLAYER, IS TO EITHER CONVINCE THAT PLAYER TO VOLUNTARILY TRANSFER, OR FOR THAT PLAYER TO NOT WORK HARD, NOT GET GOOD GRADES, BREAK TEAM RULES, GET SUSPENDED, ETC.

IF A LOI SCHOLLY PLAYER WORKS HARD, GETS GOOD GRADES, OBEYS TEAM RULES, HC, ETC, AND IF THE LOI SCHOLLY PLAYER DOES NOT VOLUNTARILY TRANSFER, EVEN WHEN, IF THE HC DOES WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PERSUADE THEM, THEN:

READ CAREFULLY ED:

THEN IN THAT KIND OF SITUATION, YOU CANT GET RID OF THE LOI SCHOLLY PLAYER BY EITHER TAKING OR TRYING TO TAKE AWAY LOI SCHOLLY.

IF THAT IS DONE, THE HC, COLLEGE CAN GET INTO TROUBLE, WHEN IF THE LOI SCHOLLY PLAYER GOES TO THE DEAN, PRESIDENT, BOARD OF REGENTS, AD, P5 CONFERENCE, NCAA, MEDIA, COURTS, ETC.

YOU ARE WRONG ED.

Mik in 2012 scholie’s were four one year agreements .

Prove it. We’ve heard for years about your secret sources, while at the same time you prove on this message board that your knowledge of the program is passing at best.

Prove it. We’ve heard for years about your secret sources, while at the same time you prove on this message board that your knowledge of the program is passing at best.

What ED doesnt get is that me, others, most of us, have read, seen, etc, NEWS, credible, official, unofficial sources sources, on TV, Newspapers, Internet, etc, that have said that:

LOI Schollys are for 2 years, 4 year periods.

(Yes there are 2 year LOI schollies, but they are EXTREMELY RARELY USED, because it can lead to a situation where a future NFL player,etc, can leave the college after 2 years.

Thats another reason why there are not 1 year LOI scholly's, because it would be too easy to lose a STUD player after only 1 year.

FAA Financial Aid Agreements are 1 year NON LOI schollies.

FAA schollies are not just limited to student athletes, as even non athlete students can get FAA Schollys from colleges.

ED may think LOI schollys are 1 year, but he is probably remembering FAA Schollys, and thinking FAA schollys are LOI Schollys.

Prove it.

Would a lie detector test work for you? You tell me where to go in your home town. I will fly over and pay for it. Let me know if that will suffice.

If not, you pick a poster who I can trust, I will reveal how I know and you can match that up with what Duckett's coach had said and what Matthew Simmons had said.

Are you thinking this doesn't happen in NCAA big boy football, or just not at WSU?

What ED doesnt get is that me, others, most of us, have read, seen, etc, NEWS, credible, official, unofficial sources sources, on TV, Newspapers, Internet, etc, that have said that:

LOI Schollys are for 2 years, 4 year periods.

(Yes there are 2 year LOI schollies, but they are EXTREMELY RARELY USED, because it can lead to a situation where a future NFL player,etc, can leave the college after 2 years.

Thats another reason why there are not 1 year LOI scholly's, because it would be too easy to lose a STUD player after only 1 year.

FAA Financial Aid Agreements are 1 year NON LOI schollies.

FAA schollies are not just limited to student athletes, as even non athlete students can get FAA Schollys from colleges.

ED may think LOI schollys are 1 year, but he is probably remembering FAA Schollys, and thinking FAA schollys are LOI Schollys.

Gawd Mik....

I didn't even pull up the NCAA website but it is there. Here is an article that I googled.

Below is a second article I googled.

Athletic scholarships can be guaranteed for four years, but it’s not the norm
The NCAA has allowed colleges to provide multiyear scholarships since 2012. Additionally, in 2015, NCAA D1 colleges from the Power Five conferences (colleges in the Football Bowl Subdivision, plus Notre Dame) agreed to implement a rule that prevented multi-year D1 scholarships from being canceled or not renewed for any athletic reason.

So, yes, there are athletic scholarships out there that are guaranteed for four years, but they are not the norm outside of powerhouse football programs and some other situations. While the practice of extending multi-year athletic scholarships has been growing, it is largely dependent on whether specific programs and coaches are open to offering them.

For most student-athletes, athletic scholarships are awarded for one year only and renewed annually. However, many coaches and programs see one-year scholarships as not much different than multi-year scholarships, because they automatically renew them if the athlete has no academic or conduct issues. That’s why it’s important to discuss scholarship offers in detail with each coach in order to get a good idea of what your situation will be.

Would a lie detector test work for you? You tell me where to go in your home town. I will fly over and pay for it. Let me know if that will suffice.

If not, you pick a poster who I can trust, I will reveal how I know and you can match that up with what Duckett's coach had said and what Matthew Simmons had said.

Are you thinking this doesn't happen in NCAA big boy football, or just not at WSU?

You said you could prove it. So prove it.

You said you could prove it. So prove it.
I just gave you an option . Are you saying I can beat a lie detector test. ?

You tell me what I proof you will accept . Name of person who told me ? What is proof to someone in your line of work .

Would an affidavit from the players work ? You tell me what evidence you need to see.

You tell me what I proof you will accept . Name of person who told me ? What is proof to someone in your line of work .

Would an affidavit from the players work ? You tell me what evidence you need to see.

Lie detector tests aren't admissible in court for a reason. Name your source. Say what they told you. Don't hide behind innuendo.

Lie detector tests aren't admissible in court for a reason. Name your source. Say what they told you. Don't hide behind innuendo.

I told you what they told me. They told me after Wilson left there are more players to be purged . You pick a person on this board I can trust and have them email me and I will give them information and they can tell you if the information is legit .

Do you know where the coaches had dinner Thanksgiving night 2015 the day before the Apple Cup? How would I have that information? A lucky guess?

Last edited:

Why do you need to negotiate conditions? Prove it. Or just quit with your nonsense.

I told you what they told me. They told me after Wilson left there are more players to be purged . You pick a person on this board I can trust and have them email me and I will give them information and they can tell you if the information is legit .

Do you know where the coaches had dinner Thanksgiving night 2015 the day before the Apple Cup? How would I have that information? A lucky guess?

I hope they had dinner at Jiggles.

Prove it.

You are way too predictable.

How did I know you would have Ed on the brain 1st thing in the morning after following this thread?

As previously stated, I wake up early. I visit this website in the morning. You may wish to work on reading retention.

As previously stated, I wake up early. I visit this website in the morning. You may wish to work on reading retention.

Well whaddya know?. Dgibbons gets up early!

I stand corrected. Ed on the brain last thing at night...and first thing in the morning.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I take this to mean that you decline to prove it.
Several things...I said I could prove it. I didn't say I would prove it. I gave you two very viable options.

So let's play out 5 or more scenarios.

1) I tell you Ken Bone told me. Does that prove anything to you? By the way Rolo purchaed the home Bone sold a few years back. Bone lived down the street from where Leach lived. Does that meet your burden of proof?

2) Someone in the department. Again, what does that prove to you. Suppose I could give you itineraries of flights to bowl games, where they stayed, pics in the locker room after the 18 Oregon game, other pics. What does that prove to you other than I have information.?

3) The horses mouth. Leach himself. Tell me how I would go about proving that to your satisfaction. Read detail information in number 2. Would that meet the burden of proof?

4) Mike Baumgartner- if I told you he and I were buds, would that tell you anything?

5) Jack Thompson is in the same industry and works for a good friend of mine. Does that meet your burden of proof.

6) Had a love interest who had all the scoop. Does that meet your burden of proof?

There is a reason I told you I was willing to take a lie detector test and tell someone my information and they could tell you if it was credible or not.

Trust me, I am not willing to reveal the person or persons of my information to you because of the affects it would have.

It cracks me up because do you really believe Mike Leach doesn't play in the big boy arena? That he "does it the right way". I truly can't fathom why this is even being discussed. Do you really believe Mike Leach would have kept kids on a scholie during a rebuild and risked his own job. Doba yes, Wulff yes, Price...maybe. Leach...no way. He is big boy football. He is paid to win. It is a bottom line biz

Several things...I said I could prove it. I didn't say I would prove it. I gave you two very viable options.

So let's play out 5 or more scenarios.

1) I tell you Ken Bone told me. Does that prove anything to you? By the way Rolo purchaed the home Bone sold a few years back. Bone lived down the street from where Leach lived. Does that meet your burden of proof?

2) Someone in the department. Again, what does that prove to you. Suppose I could give you itineraries of flights to bowl games, where they stayed, pics in the locker room after the 18 Oregon game, other pics. What does that prove to you other than I have information.?

3) The horses mouth. Leach himself. Tell me how I would go about proving that to your satisfaction. Read detail information in number 2. Would that meet the burden of proof?

4) Mike Baumgartner- if I told you he and I were buds, would that tell you anything?

5) Jack Thompson is in the same industry and works for a good friend of mine. Does that meet your burden of proof.

6) Had a love interest who had all the scoop. Does that meet your burden of proof?

There is a reason I told you I was willing to take a lie detector test and tell someone my information and they could tell you if it was credible or not.

Trust me, I am not willing to reveal the person or persons of my information to you because of the affects it would have.

It cracks me up because do you really believe Mike Leach doesn't play in the big boy arena? That he "does it the right way". I truly can't fathom why this is even being discussed. Do you really believe Mike Leach would have kept kids on a scholie during a rebuild and risked his own job. Doba yes, Wulff yes, Price...maybe. Leach...no way. He is big boy football. He is paid to win. It is a bottom line biz

I think Ed is having dinner at Jiggles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT