ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ Oregon GAME THREAD***

love how reluctant that ref was to call that blatant hold. like he knew he was gonna lose his job.

Sack!!

Please stop this drive - you're playing the Ducks and the refs today and you've still got them on the ropes. Make this count.

Hey listen, we're talking about most college plays ..not these life altering plays....so please...maybe you and I should never talk.
I'm not entirely in the anti-NFL, "exploitation" camp - but it's not just those rare, spine-cracking injuries that change lives.

A study from Boston U and the VA just found that 95% of deceased NFL players were positive for CTE - and a majority were linemen who rarely experience bone-crushing hits. How much worse then for those who do take a few of those shots a year?

Like I said, I celebrated every Bucannon bellringer, but when it happens to your guys - and when you hear studies like the above - it changes your perspective a little bit - and gets a little grating to hear people high-fiving over what may have just given someone irreparable brain damage.

Falk is not good in the clutch ( or the lead for that matter).
If this theme holds up for the balance of the year I think a QB change is in order.
I don't recall ever seeing someone holding onto the ball this long and taking a big sack time and time again.
This...in a game that they can still win.

Luke should NEVER be getting sacked after 5 seconds in the pocket. He was doing yeoman's work getting rid of it early, but for 2-3 quarters now he's been hanging on for dear life.

Why do I watch these games live? It's too stressful to see us fritter away leads and not seize the opportunities we get.

Falk is not good in the clutch ( or the lead for that matter).
If this theme holds up for the balance of the year I think a QB change is in order.
I don't recall ever seeing someone holding onto the ball this long and taking a big sack time and time again.
This...in a game that they can still win.
He was good in the clutch at Rutgers, but he is not getting the big picture about not losing yards and living for another day (or down). That's killing us for sure.

90% of the sacks of Falk are his fault. He is getting tons of time. If you have the ball for 4+ seconds and you get sacked it's on you. If the coverage is good, throw the ball away and live for another play.

Overall, if we lose this game it's on the O (and the refs). Too many offensive mistakes. We are facing the worst pass defense in the league. The D is doing well enough against Oregon's good offense.

I feel for the defense here..... they have done their job today but they have been on the field the whole second half after WSU took the lead. Offense is going 3 and out every time. Defense can't catch their breathe.
This game is all but over as the Ducks are knocking on the door.

Here are the last few series

4 plays punt

3 plays punt

7 plays –missed FG

5 plays punt

There is the offense when the team needs it most.

Cougs are now down by 10 so the pressure is off so they'll probably do something.
They almost did but a fumble gives the ball back to the ducks.

Here are the last few series

4 plays punt

3 plays punt

7 plays –missed FG

5 plays punt

There is the offense when the team needs it most.

Cougs are now down by 10 so the pressure is off so they'll probably do something.

Yes, we sure did something.

Feel bad for Harrington.

Well, still a few minutes left but that Harrington fumble could be ballgame. Solid season leading to two lost fumbles that are big momentum changers.

I'm not entirely in the anti-NFL, "exploitation" camp - but it's not just those rare, spine-cracking injuries that change lives.

A study from Boston U and the VA just found that 95% of deceased NFL players were positive for CTE - and a majority were linemen who rarely experience bone-crushing hits. How much worse then for those who do take a few of those shots a year?

Like I said, I celebrated every Bucannon bellringer, but when it happens to your guys - and when you hear studies like the above - it changes your perspective a little bit - and gets a little grating to hear people high-fiving over what may have just given someone irreparable brain damage.

Perhaps they should stop playing football because of the possibility of getting hurt??? These games aren't going to stop because you and the opposing team maybe scared of getting hit hard. That's football....live with it or switch to some other sport. I thought the hit and Dom's reaction were both part of football. This isn't Little League.

Perhaps they should stop playing football because of the possibility of getting hurt??? These games aren't going to stop because you and the opposing team maybe scared of getting hit hard. That's football....live with it or switch to some other sport. I thought the hit and Dom's reaction were both part of football. This isn't Little League.
How did you manage to not read the first line of my post? You know, the one in which I mentioned I was not fully in that camp? Instead, you claimed:
  • They should stop playing football because of the possibility of getting hurt - nobody said this
  • You and the opposing team maybe scared of getting hit hard - nobody said this
  • This isn't Little League - nobody said it is
Nobody's against hits. Nobody's against football. Nobody wants little league. It's just with some sense of caution that I see someone get speared in the back in midair at 25 mph, and a sense of bemusement when dope-smoking, football-ignorant Duck fans are hootin and hollerin when they see it.

COUGS SCREWED AGAIN

Refs overlook an effing facemask on Falk and instead call intentional grounding. How much are these crooks getting paid?!

How did you manage to not read the first line of my post? You know, the one in which I mentioned I was not fully in that camp? Instead, you claimed:
  • They should stop playing football because of the possibility of getting hurt - nobody said this
  • You and the opposing team maybe scared of getting hit hard - nobody said this
  • This isn't Little League - nobody said it is
Nobody's against hits. Nobody's against football. Nobody wants little league. It's just with some sense of caution that I see someone get speared in the back in midair at 25 mph, and a sense of bemusement when dope-smoking, football-ignorant Duck fans are hootin and hollerin when they see it.

Nobody's celebrating irreparable brain damage either. Now we're 33 yards from an exciting game so shut the hell up.

There have been about five just "what are you thinking?" calls by the officials. And now, six. Terrible.

Falk almost "saved the day" by throwing the ball away. Doesn't even get the non-sack because he hasn't thrown the ball away all game.

Nobody's celebrating irreparable brain damage either. Now we're 33 yards from an exciting game so shut the hell up.
You've confused yourself now.

I express my hesitation about crowds celebrating bone-crushing hits. You don't have to say anything, but you do - you tell me it's not OK to have reservations about that. Then, when you run out of words, you start demanding that your opponent - who roots for the same team you do - "shuts the hell up."

I'll give you my address in NYC and you can come make me.

You've confused yourself now.

I express my hesitation about crowds celebrating bone-crushing hits. You don't have to say anything, but you do - you tell me it's not OK to have reservations about that. Then, when you run out of words, you start demanding that your opponent - who roots for the same team you do - "shuts the hell up."

I'll give you my address in NYC and you can come make me.

Bud, take it easy....there's so many of my family in law enforcement....they wouldn't let me make the appointment if I wanted to.

Bud, take it easy....there's so many of my family in law enforcement....they wouldn't let me make the appointment if I wanted to.
Why are you telling people to shut the hell up? We're rooting for the same team here. I've got no bad blood for you unless you want it.

I think of all the teams I watch in college (just 2 really), I've gone about 1 for 10 in OT. Let's hope this makes it 2 for 11.

Why are you telling people to shut the hell up? We're rooting for the same team here. I've got no bad blood for you unless you want it.

Because you were going on an on about how cruel I was rooting for WSU playing a tough game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT