ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ Zona - Game Thread***

Williams doing his best impression of Wicks doing his best impression of Morrow.

Somebody should turn him beating 3 defenders into a GIF

In the NFL, that third down play would have been a penalty on the defensive lineman for going below the knee to make a hit on the QB.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Two just missed chances for a TD on this drive.
Williams can't keep his balance or he had tons of room to run and then D-Patmon drops a pass in his arms.
4th down and looks like the Cougs are going for it.

Yikes, almost looked like Luke hyperextended his knee there. Hope Dezmon's happy not capitalizing on the easy 7 and the lead if we miss the 4th here.

Ok.
FG try from 56 and just missed it. Good effort.
He's got the leg and it may be required later in the game.

Meh, I can't be mad about that. I probably would've gone for it there, but the ball carries in Tucson. Man the receivers, seriously

You either go for it or punt and pin them back. 56yard FG is a low percentage play... even by NFL standards

D is doing their part. O needs to start clicking. Guys are open for the short gain but Luke is holding onto the ball too long.

For as much sh*t as I have given Falk... our WR have not helped him out at all. Too many drops this season.

One you none of us know is if the WR's are running the correct routes and are being where they are supposed to be. If they are not in the exact spot they are supposed to be, that would lead him to hold the ball and not throw on timing.

I think maybe Leach may have to look at adjusting a few route combinations in the offseason. It just seems like guys aren't getting open consistently. Yes Falk misses some guys, but this isn't all him.

• WSU's average starting position (with the ST turnover): 28 yard line
  • WSU's average starting position (w/o the ST turnover): 17 yard line
  • Zona's average starting position: 35 yard line

I think maybe Leach may have to look at adjusting a few route combinations in the offseason. It just seems like guys aren't getting open consistently. Yes Falk misses some guys, but this isn't all him.
Thinking the same thing. Can't be. What happened to all the guaranteed 3-4 yard gains from last year that took 1 second to develop? Way too many scared looks from LF 4 seconds after snap.

Bad FG position caught up with the Cougs.
TD Arizona after a big play.
Offense needs to respond.
17-7 Arizona

We have ZERO chance in this game if our offense doesn't get their head out of their ass. It was just a matter of time until Tate connected on another deep ball. Need to respond.

It's late here on the east coast. I'm not staying up to watch this garbage. This offense has been mediocre all season. Shame... our D has typically played well enough to keep us competitive.

Welp. This is turning into a full-on clinic, courtesy of Mr. Tate. Can't stop him running, can't stop him throwing, and our offense can't get going.

Booth is reviewing whether he was out of bounds, but for cripessake, give him the 7 and stop burning clock.

Ad blocking by the receivers too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT