ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmaad Rorie PG to visit

I am not sure why this has not been posted of the freeloaders board. I really like this guy and he is capable of playing both guard positions. Rorie and Nye will both visit this weekend. Rorie canceled a visit to Oregon ,probably because of the turmoil there. He visited udub and it may come down to these two schools.He is a smart basketball player with a sweet outside shot . It may be time for Ernie to ask one or two of the remaining Bone recruits to seek playing time elsewhere.I would like Kent to sign both these guys and pick up a PF to round out the class. Go get em Ernie
lurk.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 5/6 4:20 AM by ElComanche

This post was edited on 5/6 4:54 AM by ElComanche

This post was edited on 5/6 4:57 AM by ElComanche

Coug Women will sign 7

The 7th and final piece will sign. A 6-5 Post player from Romania. I believe that makes the Cougar Women at full strength for the first time in a long time.

Bianca Blanaru from Romania is the 7th signee. That is 4 women from off-shore and 3 from the U.S. Contains 2 post players Bianaca and Nike.

Great class which should be well into the top 20 Nationally by June.

Oregon loses three players...

According to multiple reports circulating and Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports, in particular, Oregon sophomore guard Dominic Artis intends to transfer, incoming junior college transfer Brandon Austin is no longer with the program and Damyean Dotson is also no longer with the program.

When it rains, it pours, but former California commit Ahmaad Rorie, who is visiting Washington today, will visit Oregon on Wednesday.

Royce Woolridge

As expected Royce Woolridge has given a verbal commitment to Grand Canyon
University and will play his last year against Idaho and Seattle U teams. They play at Kentucky and at Indiana.

Royce played 8 games last year before his wrist was X-Rayed and the fracture was discovered according to his AAU Coach. No doubt he will be at 100% for his last campaign.

Loosing 2

Loosing Hunter and Woolridge had a couple of positives. First it allowed an upgrade in one area -- Posts. Loosing Woolridge was not as nice. However, it also put instant balance in the classes.

Instead of having 5 scholarships to fill in 2015 it made it just three. Lacy, DKD, and Riley. Much more managable if they don't carry over someone. Even with additional attrition which always seems to happen it would likely only be 4.

They appear to be after filling the last two 2014 openings as they have offers out to a Post and SG.

Wooldrige will be playing against Seattle U and Idaho as he will likely sign with Grand Canyon.

Three down and two more to come

Coach Kent and his staff have nailed down 3 of 5 so far. They have 2 PG's in with Tramaine Isabell and Jackie Davis, tho Davis is more of a Combo and can guard both positions. He also has one Post player. They need to nail a replacement for Will DiIorio at SG. And of course have an offer out to Lyrik Shreiner SG out of Arizona who played for the Arizona Magic AAU team and who broke the Arizona state scoring record going for 65 points in a HS game.

He will in for a visit very soon.

Curtis Allen joins Ernie Kent's staff

PULLMAN, Wash. | Curtis Allen has been retained and will join first-year Washington State University Men's Basketball Head Coach Ernie Kent's staff as an assistant coach, Kent announced Thursday.

"I feel like it's important to have someone on staff who knows the players, the academic and campus communities and the recent history of the program, and Curtis Allen provides that," Kent said. "I feel like with the experienced coaches I've brought to the staff in Silvey Dominguez and Greg Graham, along with Curtis, we have the opportunity to be very successful here."

Allen will enter his sixth season on staff at WSU after coming to Pullman with former head coach Ken Bone prior to the 2009-10 season. A Tacoma, Wash., native, Allen joined Bone's staff at Portland State in 2005, where he served as an assistant coach.

"I'm really excited to join Coach Kent's staff," Allen said. "He's been successful at the highest level and his style of play is very exciting. I look forward to representing Coach Kent and to continue to represent Washington State University, while helping the young men in this program grow as both players and people."

In Allen's four seasons at PSU, the Vikings posted a 77-49 record, including the two best seasons in school history. In 2007-08, the Vikings won a school-record 23 games and earned PSU its first berth in the NCAA Division I Tournament. The following season, the Vikings matched the 23 wins and made a second-straight tournament appearance.

Allen, who played basketball at Washington from 2000-04, spent one year as an assistant varsity coach at University Prep in Seattle. He also coached at Ballard High School during the summer of 2005, participated in UW and Seattle Pacific Basketball camps and operated his own camp at the Ballard Boys and Girls Clubs.

Via WSU Athletics Communications

The "Roster"Now?

Posted for the convenience of those who would like to
"snipe" from the cheap seats.

Any thoughts or comments?

0 Ike Iroghbu PG 6-2
15 Richard Longrus F 6-7
20 Jordan Railey PF 7-0
21 Dominic Ballard G 6-4
24 Keaton Hayenga F 6-5
24 Josh Hawkinson C 6-10
25 DaVonte Lacy G 6-3