ADVERTISEMENT

All anthracites for Friday

Was hoping for at least a little more crimson but I guess they are leaving that for later in the season.

Three weeks in a row wearing the gray uniforms... again, I like this combo a lot but it would be nice to actually wear our primary color once and a while.

Three weeks in a row wearing the gray uniforms... again, I like this combo a lot but it would be nice to actually wear our primary color once and a while.
When you wear them enough they become the primary colors.

When you wear them enough they become the primary colors.
for what it's worth , my opinion that is ....love the Icy Whites, BUT they often seem to bring Bad Karma... didn't we lose Connor and River wearing them to end of Career Injuries... yes, I am indeed superstitious

for what it's worth , my opinion that is ....love the Icy Whites, BUT they often seem to bring Bad Karma... didn't we lose Connor and River wearing them to end of Career Injuries... yes, I am indeed superstitious

No. We were wearing white, crimson, white for both those games.

Regarding your fight song, what rhymes with anthracite?

We don't have to change too much:

Win the night
For ol' anthracite.

Hey, at least it scans the same as the original and works for friday's night game.

Last edited:

Well, being that we now play every game at night, they could change the lyrics to "We're gonna win the night for crimson & anthracite."

Edit: Just saw another poster beat me to the punch on this. I promise I did not read his post prior to my own. ;)

Reactions: ATACFD
I know that wasn't a dig at our colors considering anthracite is technically dark gray, but serious question for you - what do you think of UWs black unis? I get that it's a recruit thing, but my opinion is it's incredibly lame (I know UWs not the only school doing it and relatively speaking it works out better for UW considering purple sucks) when it is not at all apart of your colors. I would be pissed if we sold out and did this, but I think the dark grays are kind of a cool way to still rock the school colors and appeal to the young kids as well.

I know that wasn't a dig at our colors considering anthracite is technically dark gray, but serious question for you - what do you think of UWs black unis? I get that it's a recruit thing, but my opinion is it's incredibly lame (I know UWs not the only school doing it and relatively speaking it works out better for UW considering purple sucks) when it is not at all apart of your colors. I would be pissed if we sold out and did this, but I think the dark grays are kind of a cool way to still rock the school colors and appeal to the young kids as well.

I don't like the black. Dark purple is plenty menacing if the goal is to look tough. I notice they don't wear the black much anymore though. I don't know whether that's coming from Peterson or the kids.

I don't like the black. Dark purple is plenty menacing if the goal is to look tough. I notice they don't wear the black much anymore though. I don't know whether that's coming from Peterson or the kids.

I think it is sort of a crutch to level the playing field so to speak, which UW does not really need anymore. If you kick enough ass you vould wear pink and scare the hell out of the other team....

I think it is sort of a crutch to level the playing field so to speak, which UW does not really need anymore. If you kick enough ass you vould wear pink and scare the hell out of the other team....
Bingo...I think Oregon literally wore pink a couple of years ago didn't they (for breast cancer??)

UW was trying to be tough and cool because they weren't...a couple of years of being ranked in the top 5-10 and you can shelf the black uni's and bring out the Barney suits :)

"The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee."

"The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee."

Fixed it for you. Rhymes better too. :p

The mutts came down like the cheaters that they be, And the arrogant fans were gleaming in lavender and pee; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.

Fixed it for you. Rhymes better too. :p

The mutts came down like the cheaters that they be, And the arrogant fans were gleaming in lavender and pee; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.

Well, you all do your best.

Well, being that we now play every game at night, they could change the lyrics to "We're gonna win the night for crimson & anthracite."

Edit: Just saw another poster beat me to the punch on this. I promise I did not read his post prior to my own. ;)
What do they say about great minds....

I like the wordsmithing challenges. They are fun.

When it comes to anthracite…

How about, “Cross the goal with high energy coal”?

I like the wordsmithing challenges. They are fun.

When it comes to anthracite…

How about, “Cross the goal with high energy coal”?
You aren't related to this guy by chance?
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Stressing about uniform colors is pointless. Iowa State wore grey pants last night and that is certainly not one of their school colors. Almost everybody is screwing with uniform colors and nothing is sacred.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT