ADVERTISEMENT

Another db booted

Claeys seems to brought a lot of character risks onto the team and it's showed up with a lack of discipline on the field. Apparently it's showing up off the field as well. I completely disagree about the team lacking leadership. This team has leaders, but unfortunately the leaders appear to be knuckleheads. I think Shaver is gone after the season. Not sure about the other coaches. Possibly all of them, possibly just Shaver.

My one hope for this recruiting class, which lacks the star power of recent years, is that coaches are prioritizing character and work ethic.

Reactions: ShockandAweWSU
If they are going to the JC route again, better make sure to check the players' character as well as their physical ability. Isom and Moore were JCs and did little to help the program.

Glad Cougar

Thank you for this point. Portal guys have already shown they either aren't good enough to play at one location, they are willing to bolt if things become unpleasant, or in rare cases they just needed a change of scenery.

Thinking back through the last 20 years of Cougar Football, I can count on one hand the number of transfers from other programs which I would consider a success.
1) Devard Darling (brother died at FSU, needed change of scenery)
2) Muwali Davis (walk on)
3) Joe Dahl
4) Lamonte McDougle (maybe)

Maybe I've missed a few others, but that's all I can recall. I'm purposely excluding the JC ranks which has always been a roll of the dice. JC's are incredibly boom and bust.

Might be a situation where their poor behavior is giving Leach the opportunity to dismiss kids who probably weren’t going to be solutions on the field anyway.

Spot on CP. Bring in 4 long, fast, competitive High School CB's and let the cream rise to the top.

Thank you for this point. Portal guys have already shown they either aren't good enough to play at one location, they are willing to bolt if things become unpleasant, or in rare cases they just needed a change of scenery.

Thinking back through the last 20 years of Cougar Football, I can count on one hand the number of transfers from other programs which I would consider a success.
1) Devard Darling (brother died at FSU, needed change of scenery)
2) Muwali Davis (walk on)
3) Joe Dahl
4) Lamonte McDougle (maybe)

Maybe I've missed a few others, but that's all I can recall. I'm purposely excluding the JC ranks which has always been a roll of the dice. JC's are incredibly boom and bust.

Minshew was the greatest transfer in WSU history.

Reactions: ATLcoug10
Claeys seems to brought a lot of character risks onto the team and it's showed up with a lack of discipline on the field. Apparently it's showing up off the field as well. I completely disagree about the team lacking leadership. This team has leaders, but unfortunately the leaders appear to be knuckleheads. I think Shaver is gone after the season. Not sure about the other coaches. Possibly all of them, possibly just Shaver.

My one hope for this recruiting class, which lacks the star power of recent years, is that coaches are prioritizing character and work ethic.

True. But we’re at the point where we need the bodies, again.

Seems like APR trouble could be looming.

I’m guessing this is connected to the others dismissed “last week just further evidence came in recently on Moore.

My question is, was Skylar Thomas somehow connected but not as much ? (Suspension last week during 1st half?

If they are going to the JC route again, better make sure to check the players' character as well as their physical ability. Isom and Moore were JCs and did little to help the program.

Glad Cougar
Going to the JC's at the last moment. Studying their movements last year...that's what they've done and they (perhaps) need to do it earlier. Why? To get a better hold on where these players are coming from and discerning the right players for your team.

So this is half of their juco db class washing out before their first season is over. Not good.

Does getting “dismissed” help with a transfer? It seems like guys can be immediately eligible if they are dismissed and land somewhere else.

Say we pick up three transfers via the portal after signing day in early Feb. Can we sign 25 and count the transfers toward next year's 25??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT