ADVERTISEMENT

Another offer to DE out of TX with Wyoming offer

Starting to really be curious about Leach's/Emerick's recruiting organization. We just offered the 6'6 250lb DE/DT who is a great looking player. He played on the same team as Jackson L. the db we signed in the most recent class. We need good DL desperately. Between this and the lack of offer for the Kentwood CB really is bizzare. Very impressed with who the new staff is targeting when it comes to recruits.

Starting to really be curious about Leach's/Emerick's recruiting organization. We just offered the 6'6 250lb DE/DT who is a great looking player. He played on the same team as Jackson L. the db we signed in the most recent class. We need good DL desperately. Between this and the lack of offer for the Kentwood CB really is bizzare. Very impressed with who the new staff is targeting when it comes to recruits.
I’m of the impression Rolo and his guys are out beating the pavement with a lot more effort and focus than the previous coaches did, and it’s nice to see they seem hell bent on beefing up the D right from the get-go.

I don’t think Leach was purposely doing an “okay” job. I believe Emerick/Leach depended heavily on the guys who are out on the road, and we had lost those that were great at getting it done. Just different styles of staff management and emphasis on effort, coupled with high turnover for Leach.

Reactions: SDCoug
It's a dated ethic - but offering kids that a guy recruited for his former employer....on their dime....

Smacks of when Kelvin left for Oklahoma and took guys with him.

It's the way of the world now but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Kelvin took a player that was on the WSU team (Nathan Erdmann) and another that had committed to WSU (Ernie Abercrombie). I think that is a little different than offering a player that is uncommitted.

Last edited:

I’m sure they stopped offering players once they knew they were leaving.

Love the Rolo hire, but this is the honeymoon phase. Him and his staff are out pounding the pavement and reconnecting with the kids in their pipeline. Just because there’s a flurry of new activity and some names we hadn’t heard of previously doesn’t mean Leach’s staff was coasting.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Love the Rolo hire, but this is the honeymoon phase. Him and his staff are out pounding the pavement and reconnecting with the kids in their pipeline. Just because there’s a flurry of new activity and some names we hadn’t heard of previously doesn’t mean Leach’s staff was coasting.

Don’t interrupt the narrative.

Yes. Different staffs make different evaluations on kids. After watching the WA kids film I can see why someone would pass on him. I like Chau Smith and Gavin Holmes quite a bit more and I'm guessing the previous staff felt like they were in a position to land both before they left. Or Ennis Rakestraw before he blew up (looks like he'll end up at Bama now).

The DE's we offered today have more size than we've offered since we went speed D. Could signal a desire for a different skill set.

My theory is Leach didn't try to close hard on defense because the new DC was going to be free to bring in a few guys of his choosing. Then he left. Going to be an interesting 15 until signing day part 2.

Btw the Rigby player was offered by the Huskies couple weeks ago and trips there this weekend. Barf!#
Hopefully he visits us second and it ends up like it did with my son. Big time brain rather than big time athlete but both from small towns in the Rockies.

My son visited the udump and was really fired up on the school and going there. Once he visited WSU and got a deep feel for the campus, professors, etc. - and the sense of community and family in Pullman, he didn’t want anything to do with the udump. Didn’t even apply and yes, he could get into both schools without issue. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully he visits us second and it ends up like it did with my son. Big time brain rather than big time athlete but both from small towns in the Rockies.

My son visited the udump and was really fired up on the school and going there. Once he visited WSU and got a deep feel for the campus, professors, etc. - and the sense of community and family in Pullman, he didn’t want anything to do with the udump. Didn’t even apply and yes, he could get into both schools without issue. Fingers crossed.
I dont think he has any OV’s left after the dogs Could be wrong.

You were pretty close to failure as a parent. He bailed you out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT