ADVERTISEMENT

BCS Title game

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
So I lied. Got home and turned on the end of the first half, then got sucked in hoping to see Georgia win. I hate Alabama.

Georgia really Couged it in this one by getting conservative and stupid. That one series where they ran the "wilddog" on 1st and then 3rd down. Stupid. Ride the arm of your QB to a 10-13 point lead then quit throwing at all?

The it looked like they were going to pull it out in OT after the sack and gave up that wide open TD pass. Wow.

"Couged it"??

Loyal, I should wash out your mouth with soap.

Or, to make it really bad, liquid anti-bacterial soap.

Reactions: Coug95man2
So I lied. Got home and turned on the end of the first half, then got sucked in hoping to see Georgia win. I hate Alabama.

Georgia really Couged it in this one by getting conservative and stupid. That one series where they ran the "wilddog" on 1st and then 3rd down. Stupid. Ride the arm of your QB to a 10-13 point lead then quit throwing at all?

The it looked like they were going to pull it out in OT after the sack and gave up that wide open TD pass. Wow.
"Cou#$%^&" it? you are on report

Reactions: Coug95man2
"Cou#$%^&" it? you are on report
Coug'd it is a real thing. Fortunately under CML, it's [mostly] become a thing of the past. The East coast had their own version: Clemson-ing it. Then they won a championship.

But yeah, with UGA up 13-0 at half, I was begging them not to go into 'protect' mode but they did. Offense wasn't the worst, but defensively they went into "bend and not break" rather than "pin your ears back." That last play in OT - a freshman QB vs a veteran safety - I mean what can you do about that... but UGA had the exact same experience in 2012: 21-10 vs 20-10, both over Alabama, both ultimately lost to Alabama. And of course the Falcons did their thing vs the Pats, etc. etc.

and for the record 'DAWGED IT' is when you go winless in a season.

As for the Final Game it was an incredible finish. UA misses the late FG and then their backup QB takes a sack before responding with the winning TD pass in OT. This one will be talked about for a while I think. Good for the college football game and why many consider better entertainment then the NFL.

and for the record 'DAWGED IT' is when you go winless in a season.

As for the Final Game it was an incredible finish. UA misses the late FG and then their backup QB takes a sack before responding with the winning TD pass in OT. This one will be talked about for a while I think. Good for the college football game and why many consider better entertainment then the NFL.
Now all they gotta do is beat UCF! lol. :D

What that game showed to me was how far the best teams in the Pac12 have fallen behind the elite teams.

The Pac12 won't win another national football title in the next ten years or maybe beyond. All the power has shifted to the Southeast and Midwest parts of the country.

Sorry Pete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT