ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Leg Humpers

Such a great win.

But that one guy who can't shoot or do anything else - Housinou? He sucks.

And I hate those F-ing Pac-12 channel promo spots about the Pac-12. We are dead. Can we sell those spots cheap to some advertiser?
Need to keep some, but simply feature only Washington State University Cougars and Oregon State University Beavers!

I think the PAC Board could vote that in, don't you?

Lots of Coug fans scattered throughout the arena. If we had all been together it would have made for a very loud cheering section. All we had to do was look at Brooks the wrong way and a foul was called. I do think the refs were a bit better in the 2nd half. The first half was about as bad as last week against Colorado. I've been really impressed at how well this team is staying focused even when things go bad. Great road win.

Lots of Coug fans scattered throughout the arena. If we had all been together it would have made for a very loud cheering section. All we had to do was look at Brooks the wrong way and a foul was called. I do think the refs were a bit better in the 2nd half. The first half was about as bad as last week against Colorado. I've been really impressed at how well this team is staying focused even when things go bad. Great road win.
The resilience in last two games has been nothing short of phenomenal. To get railroaded against a good CU team and scrap out a win, then eek one out against a UW team that can’t miss while getting the short end with the officiating again…nothing phases this team.

I don’t usually like to watch games if know the outcome already but I’m definitely going to watch this one when I get home. Can’t believe I missed this!! UGH!!

I'm trying to figure out how we beat a team that shot 68% in the 2nd half. That's crazy! We got 10 more shots in the 2nd half (19 for the game). Won rebounding, 10 more o-boards and only 6 TOs for the game. We shot well, but needed to grind that game out. Quite a win.
Plus the free throw disparity. They went 4 1/2 minutes without a basket in the 2nd half, but stayed even with all the trips to the line.

Reactions: Coug90
This is probably the game that broke the Huskies mold, the Seattle Times writer sez that they aren't built to win.

This is probably the game that broke the Huskies mold, the Seattle Times writer sez that they aren't built to win.
Interesting comment, since it was a tight game, uw was simply a missed free throw away from winning in regulation, and to me they are just about a mirror image of the team that did win the game. Both teams have a dynamic ball handler and dominant scoring big man. Both have at least two other bigs that are tough underneath and can block shots and rebound well. Both have serious 3 point threats from others. Seems like they are very similar to me.

Interesting comment, since it was a tight game, uw was simply a missed free throw away from winning in regulation, and to me they are just about a mirror image of the team that did win the game. Both teams have a dynamic ball handler and dominant scoring big man. Both have at least two other bigs that are tough underneath and can block shots and rebound well. Both have serious 3 point threats from others. Seems like they are very similar to me.
WSU has a way better coach. Hopkins is trash. I don’t know what his contract situation looks like but his seat has to be red hot.

That may have been Kyle smiths best coached game. Players have to play, but to win a game like that against a team that’s hitting everything. That stretch in the second half where they kept going to Cluff in the low post was outstanding.

WSU has a way better coach. Hopkins is trash. I don’t know what his contract situation looks like but his seat has to be red hot.

That may have been Kyle smiths best coached game. Players have to play, but to win a game like that against a team that’s hitting everything. That stretch in the second half where they kept going to Cluff in the low post was outstanding.
Yes on Cluff! Didn't he have 8 straight points including a bank from free throw extended? They continually had players step up throughout the game to keep us around. Rice/Jones/Wells becoming a potent 3. Jakimovski hit some key 3s plus knocked down his 2 free throws.

Obviously not the best defense, but 5 in double figures on the road is impressive even with the extra time.

Such a great win.

But that one guy who can't shoot or do anything else - Housinou? He sucks.
Really! In 19 minutes 2-4 from the field, 5 rebounds (3 offensive), 4 assists, 1 block all while playing PG because he's one of the best ball handlers on the team. The only thing he can't do is shoot from the outside. Just because Walton says it doesn't make it so.

The resilience in last two games has been nothing short of phenomenal. To get railroaded against a good CU team and scrap out a win, then eek one out against a UW team that can’t miss while getting the short end with the officiating again…nothing phases this team.
Correction: Spock and Kirk are the ones who phase. :) I think you meant fazes!

Yeah in both games, esp. last night, they just refused to lose. Right up until the last mutt shot I thought they were going to lose. Yakimovski - I love that guy.

Really! In 19 minutes 2-4 from the field, 5 rebounds (3 offensive), 4 assists, 1 block all while playing PG because he's one of the best ball handlers on the team. The only thing he can't do is shoot from the outside. Just because Walton says it doesn't make it so.
The last 2 games, no turnovers in 38 minutes.

He needs to go to Donald Watt's shooting school, but heck yes he is doing pretty good

Correction: Spock and Kirk are the ones who phase. :) I think you meant fazes!

Yeah in both games, esp. last night, they just refused to lose. Right up until the last mutt shot I thought they were going to lose. Yakimovski - I love that guy.

Jakimovski or Jaki, not Yakimovski or Yaki

In fairness I think he was channeling his inner bill walton and being sarcastic with his comment. Walton wouldn’t STFU about him. Hopefully loyal didn’t get into the same shrooms though.

In fairness I think he was channeling his inner bill walton and being sarcastic with his comment. Walton wouldn’t STFU about him. Hopefully loyal didn’t get into the same shrooms though.
Sorry I tuned in late, just in time for him to be pulled out because he couldn't shoot free throws. I haven't really been following them until recently....

How in the world was a travel not called at the end of regulation where Wheeler got out of control and fell down going to the hoop? Hef, ref-when a guy is sliding along the floor with the ball- THAT IS A TRAVEL!
In real time, I thought it looked like a travel. I slowed down the replay and it looked like he took 3 steps after picking up the dribble and falling to the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT