ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread. WSU vs. FSU

Uber....we should all just ignore. Seriously.
  • Proverbs 14: Stay away from a foolish man, for you will not find knowledge on his lips.

• Proverbs 18:2: A "fool" isn't driven by a desire to understand; all that matters to the fool is saying what's on their mind.
Proverbs 9:7-12: Criticize a person who is rude and shows no respect, and you will only get insults. Correct the wicked, and you will only get hurt. Don't correct such people, or they will hate you. But correct those who are wise, and they will love you.

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise."
Proverbs 12:15
NKJV
At risk of turning this political....

I'm guessing Proverbs doesn't get read much in the Trump household.

Or maybe it is, but then it's just ridiculed.

• Love
Reactions: BiggsCoug
Uber....we should all just ignore. Seriously.
  • Proverbs 14: Stay away from a foolish man, for you will not find knowledge on his lips.

• Proverbs 18:2: A "fool" isn't driven by a desire to understand; all that matters to the fool is saying what's on their mind.
Proverbs 9:7-12: Criticize a person who is rude and shows no respect, and you will only get insults. Correct the wicked, and you will only get hurt. Don't correct such people, or they will hate you. But correct those who are wise, and they will love you.

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But he who heeds counsel is wise."
Proverbs 12:15
NKJV
I’ll counter with “If you build it, they will come” - Field of Dreams

You all may not like the way Biggs communicates or whatever, but he has a point. Sure this is the new age of college football but it isn’t just on the kids. The coaches still have to scheme and adapt on game day. With whatever team they do have. They don’t get a free pass just because college football has changed. On game day a lot of the basics are still the same. I’m still not convinced that this coaching staff can scheme and adapt on game day. As I posted in another thread Arbuckle should be calling plays to adapt when the defence starts blitzing or stacking the line with 4 or 5. Arbuckle is still called an air raid coach but what happened to those short crisp quick passes into space in 2 seconds or less that is prominently featured in many Air raid offenses? That would counter people stacking the line. Then if they go back to dropping eight you call other plays. I call Arbuckles offence the “prayer raid “ it seems like plays are called fairly randomly and they just hope it’ll work.

You all may not like the way Biggs communicates or whatever, but he has a point. Sure this is the new age of college football but it isn’t just on the kids. The coaches still have to scheme and adapt on game day. With whatever team they do have. They don’t get a free pass just because college football has changed. On game day a lot of the basics are still the same. I’m still not convinced that this coaching staff can scheme and adapt on game day. As I posted in another thread Arbuckle should be calling plays to adapt when the defence starts blitzing or stacking the line with 4 or 5. Arbuckle is still called an air raid coach but what happened to those short crisp quick passes into space in 2 seconds or less that is prominently featured in many Air raid offenses? That would counter people stacking the line. Then if they go back to dropping eight you call other plays. I call Arbuckles offence the “prayer raid “ it seems like plays are called fairly randomly and they just hope it’ll work.
Biggs' weekly tantrums are tired, and have been for a long time. If Biggs got his way, how many coaches in school history would have made past game two? Not every play is going be a first down or a touchdown even if WSU had a 85,000 seat stadium.

And it's spelled defense in the USA, governor. Spot of tea?

Maybe it’s coaches that need to adapt? There are no more “development programs” as Dickfore likes to preach. You get 2 years with a kid max. If he isn’t playing, he leaves. And ya know what? I can’t blame a kid for leaving to find playing time.

For programs like ours, it isn't just the kids that aren't getting playing time. Spend tons of time and effort developing a star (e.g. Ward, Mateer, etc.), and they flee for glory, prestige, national championships, NIL $$, etc. Fact is we are a farm team for the P4 teams.

Biggs' weekly tantrums are tired, and have been for a long time. If Biggs got his way, how many coaches in school history would have made past game two? Not every play is going be a first down or a touchdown even if WSU had a 85,000 seat stadium.

And it's spelled defense in the USA, governor. Spot of tea?
Agree on Biggsy. And you know good and well that in England the term is Guv'nor or Guvnor. Spot of Coors Light? :) Meh, too early for me, old boy.

For programs like ours, it isn't just the kids that aren't getting playing time. Spend tons of time and effort developing a star (e.g. Ward, Mateer, etc.), and they flee for glory, prestige, national championships, NIL $$, etc. Fact is we are a farm team for the P4 teams.

Everyone is a farm team except for maybe 10-15 programs? Maybe a few more, maybe a few less?

It isn’t just WSU. So WSU needs to be good at evaluating portal kids that can move up. This is what it is.

If you’re halfway through the season saying “the offense will come together,” you may be in denial about what your offense is.
Considering the OC has been there 1.5 years, this shouldn't be new. If it's difficult for the athletes to figure out, the coaching needs to change and update their process.

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT