ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting

I am on the fence between vax and no vax and lean slightly anti vax.

That said, if it was small pox, and not Covid, I would Vax. Or if I was in at Risk group, I would Vax. Or if I was a Nurse, Doctor, Medical Worker, or the WSU Head Coach, I would Vax.

Rolo, if he is not going to Vax, that's ok in a way, as long as the word doesnt get out that he is not vaxxing.

Here is the problem with Rolo not Vaxxing, and letting the word get out about that.

There is about a 73% to 83% chance now that W$U will win about 5 to 9 games. If Rolo were vaxxed, kept his mouth shut about that, it would be about 83% to 89% chance of WSU getting 5 to 9 wins.

Because Rolo isnt vaxxed, etc, there is about a 8% to 15% chance that WSU wont get 5 to 9 wins because;

Rolo could spread Covid(Extremely low chance, but could happen), and that could cause cancelations, key players to be out, etc.

Key players could opt out

Recruits that WSU would normally get, could decide not to goto WSU because Rolo is not vaxxed and word got out about that.

Rolo cant get into recruits homes, without a mask, and even with a mask some recruits still might not let him in their home, because he is not vaxxed, word got out.

Participating in Pac 12 Media day by remote is NOT as good as being there in person, if your a good recruiter, as you get more buzz, can probably recruit better in person at the Pac 12 Media day, then can by only participating remotely.

Then there is the bad, optical look, news, etc.

Combine all the above with the NIL issue, and that will make recruiting even harder for Rolo.

And then there is the fairness, hypocritical issue, perception.

If WSU is going to require students, players, etc, to be Vaxxed, the HC, SHOULD be Vaxxed as well.

And that will also add to the bad optical look.

Rolo has put Chun, WSU between a rock and a hard place.

WSU should NOT fire him, or do the equivalent of administrative leave, because that could cause a 2,3,4,5 win season, instead of a 5 to 9 win season.

And it woukd negatively impact recruiting.

And there is the buy out. And WSU doesnt have legal cause to fire, put him on administrative leave, or the equivalent of such.

But at the same time Rolo, by doing this could cause some harm to the Football Program.

Chun is doing about the only thing that can be done, and that is to try to spin this, and put this in as positive light as possible.

Also I can see Chun do a unofficial coach search, so that if Rolo only wins 2,3,4 wins, he would fire him.

Normally Rolo would be on the HOTSEAT for next year, for not producing this year, and then fired next year, if didnt produce.

But Rolo doing what he has done, has made it so that if he doesnt produce this year, Chun has to fire him, and not give him 1,2 more years.

Thanks Rolo. NOT.

Reactions: M-I-Coug

Cases are spiking like crazy in England despite close to 90% of the population receiving at least one shot. Close to 70% have gotten two. Deaths are down but the vaccine doesn't appear to be slowing the spread. The clear benefit of being vaccinated would appear to be for the person receiving the shot, not for protecting the vulnerable who can't receive the shot.

At what point does society say get the shot or don't but the impact to your health is on you?
Not to be all Victorian age or anything, but if we’re really serious about knocking down disease transmission the old smallpox/typhoid style quarantines are the way to go. Doc thinks you’re infected? Stay in your house. We’ll post a guard to make sure you do. Open the blinds every day so we know if you’re still alive. See you in a couple weeks.

Yes, it’s legal…under the right conditions. Not very practical on a large scale though.

Washington State University (WSU), as the state’s land-grant university, has an obligation to serve the public good and promote the health and safety of the communities it serves. The COVID‑19 vaccine, now widely available, has been shown to nearly eliminate the chances of death or serious illness related to a COVID‑19 infection, and is a critical element in protecting public health locally and worldwide.

• Vaccine requirements for students​

WSU system-wide will require proof of the COVID‑19 vaccination for the 2021–2022 academic year for all students engaging in activities at a WSU campus or location.
    Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Information about how to submit proof of vaccination and the process to request an exemption will be provided in the coming months.
“Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.”

Same as the employee requirement…except employees already had to submit their declaration. Most students don’t have to until November. Students in university housing have to by Aug 6, I believe…which makes sense, since they’re going to be in close quarters with shared ventilation, no masks, dining halls, etc.

There will be outbreaks at WSU this fall. Probably all campuses. Probably by September 10 in Pullman.

Your friend isn't qualified to say a thing about this. Cancer isn't a virus and it's treatment doesn't involve vaccines. He's no better qualified to speak to the safety of the vaccine than you or me.

My contact in the CDC spent a career working to eradicate hepatitis B and polio with vaccines. He thinks the vaccine is safe but he's basing that off media reports not a close examination of science. As one of the worlds top vaccine experts, he has encouraged people to get the shot while hedging on the risks.

If he doesn't know more than what's being reported in the press, your drinking buddy certainly doesn't. The pertinent questions regarding vaccines don't call for an answer based on a surface level examination of facts. It requires study and time to pinpoint the side effects. If you haven't done that work, or don't know someone who has, you aren't bringing anything to this discussion.
Well I would venture to say my friend would wholeheartedly disagree with you. His qualifications are impeccable . He is friends with Merck’s ceo, j and j, pfizer and knows the doc who designed the drug for biontech. (The ceo)

Even tho his drugs are frontline for several cancers , he knows the clinical process and what the numbers need to look like. He knows the timing from date of injection to the time the side affects should be present . He knows that they had the numbers of covid cases to speed up the process .

So while I am flattered you would think you and I could have a conversation with him and challenge his knowledge of the data , you would be wrong . He has information and data you and I don’t have because of the people he knows .So people trust his opinion on the matter.

“Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.”

Same as the employee requirement…except employees already had to submit their declaration. Most students don’t have to until November. Students in university housing have to by Aug 6, I believe…which makes sense, since they’re going to be in close quarters with shared ventilation, no masks, dining halls, etc.

There will be outbreaks at WSU this fall. Probably all campuses. Probably by September 10 in Pullman.
Not sure I didn’t acknowledge there would be exceptions. So maybe better put … it is WSU’s mandate or expectation everyone is vaccinated except the exceptions .

The question I have will those who are the exception wear masks?

Not sure I didn’t acknowledge there would be exceptions. So maybe better put … it is WSU’s mandate or expectation everyone is vaccinated except the exceptions .

The question I have will those who are the exception wear masks?
It’s not actually WSU’s mandate, the governor’s directive for higher education didn’t really leave much choice. Campuses without a mandate have to observe distancing in the classroom, which effectively means they have to stay online…since that distancing means 25-30% occupancy. Campuses who issue a mandate have no distancing requirement and can go to full occupancy.

And yes, anyone who’s not vaccinated still has to wear a mask.

It’s not actually WSU’s mandate, the governor’s directive for higher education didn’t really leave much choice. Campuses without a mandate have to observe distancing in the classroom, which effectively means they have to stay online…since that distancing means 25-30% occupancy. Campuses who issue a mandate have no distancing requirement and can go to full occupancy.

And yes, anyone who’s not vaccinated still has to wear a mask.
Point taken .. governor directive which Schultz is on board with . Be interesting to see if the non vaxers truly wear masks . I would imagine in the rush screening process vaccination will come up .

So many people, policy makers and even some of the general public, constantly yammer on about how safe the vaccines are and how anyone who dares to pass on one is a selfish POS. Reminder: It’s still in an emergency use status and not fully approved for a reason. Before you tell anyone else to take it, why don’t you first draft a legal contract where you assume all liability for any possible side effects of the emergency vaccination. Bet the farm and then get on your high horse. If it’s so safe, you won’t lose a thing. I won’t hold my breath...

It’s a personal choice for most people. Take the precautions YOU think are necessary for YOURSELF. Reserve judgments until a vaccine gets full approval. Coach Rolo has my full support.

I am on the fence between vax and no vax and lean slightly anti vax.

That said, if it was small pox, and not Covid, I would Vax. Or if I was in at Risk group, I would Vax. Or if I was a Nurse, Doctor, Medical Worker, or the WSU Head Coach, I would Vax.

Rolo, if he is not going to Vax, that's ok in a way, as long as the word doesnt get out that he is not vaxxing.

Here is the problem with Rolo not Vaxxing, and letting the word get out about that.

There is about a 73% to 83% chance now that W$U will win about 5 to 9 games. If Rolo were vaxxed, kept his mouth shut about that, it would be about 83% to 89% chance of WSU getting 5 to 9 wins.

Because Rolo isnt vaxxed, etc, there is about a 8% to 15% chance that WSU wont get 5 to 9 wins because;

Rolo could spread Covid(Extremely low chance, but could happen), and that could cause cancelations, key players to be out, etc.

Key players could opt out

Recruits that WSU would normally get, could decide not to goto WSU because Rolo is not vaxxed and word got out about that.

Rolo cant get into recruits homes, without a mask, and even with a mask some recruits still might not let him in their home, because he is not vaxxed, word got out.

Participating in Pac 12 Media day by remote is NOT as good as being there in person, if your a good recruiter, as you get more buzz, can probably recruit better in person at the Pac 12 Media day, then can by only participating remotely.

Then there is the bad, optical look, news, etc.

Combine all the above with the NIL issue, and that will make recruiting even harder for Rolo.

And then there is the fairness, hypocritical issue, perception.

If WSU is going to require students, players, etc, to be Vaxxed, the HC, SHOULD be Vaxxed as well.

And that will also add to the bad optical look.

Rolo has put Chun, WSU between a rock and a hard place.

WSU should NOT fire him, or do the equivalent of administrative leave, because that could cause a 2,3,4,5 win season, instead of a 5 to 9 win season.

And it woukd negatively impact recruiting.

And there is the buy out. And WSU doesnt have legal cause to fire, put him on administrative leave, or the equivalent of such.

But at the same time Rolo, by doing this could cause some harm to the Football Program.

Chun is doing about the only thing that can be done, and that is to try to spin this, and put this in as positive light as possible.

Also I can see Chun do a unofficial coach search, so that if Rolo only wins 2,3,4 wins, he would fire him.

Normally Rolo would be on the HOTSEAT for next year, for not producing this year, and then fired next year, if didnt produce.

But Rolo doing what he has done, has made it so that if he doesnt produce this year, Chun has to fire him, and not give him 1,2 more years.

Thanks Rolo. NOT.

Any good AD has a list of people he would call if any head coaching jobs open up.

How would you like to be Chun and have to call the president and tell him his HFC will not be participating in person at the conference media days because he hasn’t been vaxed? Did they know? Or did he drop this bomb on them unexpectedly?

Any good AD has a list of people he would call if any head coaching jobs open up.

How would you like to be Chun and have to call the president and tell him his HFC will not be participating in person at the conference media days because he hasn’t been vaxed? Did they know? Or did he drop this bomb on them unexpectedly?
I went on Kjr podcast and Ian furness . Made a pretty good point . It was not a joint statement and chun issued a statement two hours later . Furness made it sound like he personally knows chun is pissed. Then he pointed out scholars was four hours after and said they had protocol and they will have certain protocols when they are on a state campus ie wsu . So not sure they are thrilled with the pr challenge

One other point that was made if they have to call a game because of covid outbreak and the coach has it , and the game is canceled sat morn, how pissed are the fans who just dropped 700 bills for a hotel room . And what about the businesses like restaurants and bars who rely of big game weekends .

The financial impact could be more than his 3.8 or 4.8 buyout .

I went on Kjr podcast and Ian furness . Made a pretty good point . It was not a joint statement and chun issued a statement two hours later . Furness made it sound like he personally knows chun is pissed. Then he pointed out scholars was four hours after and said they had protocol and they will have certain protocols when they are on a state campus ie wsu . So not sure they are thrilled with the pr challenge

One other point that was made if they have to call a game because of covid outbreak and the coach has it , and the game is canceled sat morn, how pissed are the fans who just dropped 700 bills for a hotel room . And what about the businesses like restaurants and bars who rely of big game weekends .

His buyout is is like $12-15M. We can’t afford that. I still don’t see cause here. Pac-12 can force his hand with really strict rules on what he’d be able to do during games, but he doesn’t seem like a dude that is going to move on this.

Imagine you just drove over to Pullman from the Puget Sound… Prob have 12 hours drive time round trip… Prob have to spend 2 nights in town, might be as much as $300…. Food and drink may run another $200…. Game day is prob another $200…. Gas may be another $100…. Here you are $800 invested, 12 hours of drive time, Fri - Sun out of town…. and WSU loses in some fanfu!!ingtastical way …. call it Bobby Wade in the endzone, snow fumble, blows a 50 point lead or just gets Federal Azzpounding Prison raped 66-3 …. your wife looks at you and she doesnt have to say the words. This Mickey Mouse bullshit isnt happening again. It wasnt worth the time. It sure as fu$k wasnt worth $800. To watch what?

Now imagine you show up Saturday and the game is cancelled because the HFC gave covid to the team. You dont even get to watch the fanfu$&ingtastical meltdown that happens when WSU loses. Hell maybe there is some value there.

How much Mickey Fu$$ing Mouse bullshit is WSU gonna put up with???? Where does it end???? The last guy sent out a tweet that cost the program a 7 figure donation. And now this???

Oh hey by the way, I wont be going to media days because I havent been vaxed.

Amazing.

This guy is a glorified middle school gym teacher that bullshitted his way into coaching college football.

Im not vaxed and its a private matter. Sorry bro. You make millions to coach 11 kids to run a ball past another 11 kids in a field. Im gonna need some more information.

Furness is a Wulff apologist as well, so you taking his word as gospel is about right.

My doctor said it best. The vaccines were developed by research and the medical community with the highest technology ever used. The unvaxxed group : if you don’t believe and trust the government, the technology, the research and doctors, then do not come to the hospital if you get COVID. This is the same group you do not trust. Save the emergency rooms for Others that need them.
Still doesn’t explain why about 25% of the healthcare workers refuse to take the vaccine

Reactions: CougPatrol
That is why he tuned in.
speaking of Wulff , Rolo’s move may have torpedoed the program quicker than Wulff. I get that people don’t want to take the vaccine, however there are some jobs you choose to take in which you are in a leadership role, and unfortunately it is no longer about personal choice, but a commitment to the people you chose to work for. And when you get paid 3 million a year it’s no longer just about you.

Let’s be real here, this could have been an exciting season, now it will take some type of miracle for this to be a good season. So he has let down the fans, which is the least of my concerns. Chin took a chance on him, and now he just turned his back on him, Covid cost the program a lot of money, raising money now just became much more difficult. He let down the President, and most importantly if he won’t be coaching he let down his players, he’s hung Woods and Bhorgi out to dry at media day. The players have been working their tails off all summer, and he pulls this crap. Recruiting will take a huge hit, If he is truely a man of principal he’d resign.

I think a simpler solution would be to get rid of me....IE put me on ignore. Outside of Yaki I have not seen someone so ...what's the word...interested in my posts. Would seem to be easier to assume ED to you is some duttering has been.

If we’re going to have that discussion, more like a never will be.

Washington State University (WSU), as the state’s land-grant university, has an obligation to serve the public good and promote the health and safety of the communities it serves. The COVID‑19 vaccine, now widely available, has been shown to nearly eliminate the chances of death or serious illness related to a COVID‑19 infection, and is a critical element in protecting public health locally and worldwide.

• Vaccine requirements for students​

WSU system-wide will require proof of the COVID‑19 vaccination for the 2021–2022 academic year for all students engaging in activities at a WSU campus or location.
    Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Information about how to submit proof of vaccination and the process to request an exemption will be provided in the coming months.

Does this prove to you that students can be exempt for personal reasons, just like Rolovich?

Imagine you just drove over to Pullman from the Puget Sound… Prob have 12 hours drive time round trip… Prob have to spend 2 nights in town, might be as much as $300…. Food and drink may run another $200…. Game day is prob another $200…. Gas may be another $100…. Here you are $800 invested, 12 hours of drive time, Fri - Sun out of town…. and WSU loses in some fanfu!!ingtastical way …. call it Bobby Wade in the endzone, snow fumble, blows a 50 point lead or just gets Federal Azzpounding Prison raped 66-3 …. your wife looks at you and she doesnt have to say the words. This Mickey Mouse bullshit isnt happening again. It wasnt worth the time. It sure as fu$k wasnt worth $800. To watch what?

Now imagine you show up Saturday and the game is cancelled because the HFC gave covid to the team. You dont even get to watch the fanfu$&ingtastical meltdown that happens when WSU loses. Hell maybe there is some value there.

How much Mickey Fu$$ing Mouse bullshit is WSU gonna put up with???? Where does it end???? The last guy sent out a tweet that cost the program a 7 figure donation. And now this???

Oh hey by the way, I wont be going to media days because I havent been vaxed.

Amazing.

This guy is a glorified middle school gym teacher that bullshitted his way into coaching college football.

Im not vaxed and its a private matter. Sorry bro. You make millions to coach 11 kids to run a ball past another 11 kids in a field. Im gonna need some more information.

Write the $4.8 million check.

Chin took a chance on him, and now RoLo just turned his back on him, Covid cost the program a lot of money, raising money now just became much more difficult.
This is why it's so crucial to donate directly to the IPF fund and continue to keep pace in the facilities arms race.

Coaches come and go, games are won and lost but bricks and mortar (not polyester bubbles) can last a lifetime.

Not to be all Victorian age or anything, but if we’re really serious about knocking down disease transmission the old smallpox/typhoid style quarantines are the way to go. Doc thinks you’re infected? Stay in your house. We’ll post a guard to make sure you do. Open the blinds every day so we know if you’re still alive. See you in a couple weeks.

Yes, it’s legal…under the right conditions. Not very practical on a large scale though.
So, to sum it up, Ed is the Typhoid Mary of this message board?

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN

So, who's going to pay the $4.8 million? Even if the cost of whatever fallout you're predicting is more than $4.8 million, where does the $4.8 million come from?

The hotels and restaurants losing their opportunity to fleece me is not real high on my list of concerns.

So, who's going to pay the $4.8 million? Even if the cost of whatever fallout you're predicting is more than $4.8 million, where does the $4.8 million come from?

The hotels and restaurants losing their opportunity to fleece me is not real high on my list of concerns.
I am sure the hotels and otter consumer oriented businesses are not real high on your concerns .

Did I say they could apply for an exemption ?

Well, you don't appear to understand that they can. Here's an analogy for you.

Because Rivals has an obligation to serve the public good and avoid misinformation and disinformation in the communities it serves, it will implement a widely available AI based system that has been shown to nearly eliminate the misinformation and disinformation on other platforms which is a critical element in protecting the worldwide public good. Rivals will require you to check a box agreeing to this change in the terms and conditions of subscription in order to participate on message boards. Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious or personal reasons.

Now at first a typical reader may think, wow that sounds serious. It does say "require" after all. Ed is in big trouble. He constantly spews misinformation. That is very bad for Ed. Ed will almost certainly be banished. Oh, but wait. That last sentence says Ed can exempt himself for personal reasons, which sounds pretty broad and kinda vague. Maybe Ed's well-documented history of being total unable to educate himself on a topic would qualify as a "personal reason." It's certainly personal, and a reason. Maybe Ed will be OK after all. What a relief.

speaking of Wulff , Rolo’s move may have torpedoed the program quicker than Wulff. I get that people don’t want to take the vaccine, however there are some jobs you choose to take in which you are in a leadership role, and unfortunately it is no longer about personal choice, but a commitment to the people you chose to work for. And when you get paid 3 million a year it’s no longer just about you.

Let’s be real here, this could have been an exciting season, now it will take some type of miracle for this to be a good season. So he has let down the fans, which is the least of my concerns. Chin took a chance on him, and now he just turned his back on him, Covid cost the program a lot of money, raising money now just became much more difficult. He let down the President, and most importantly if he won’t be coaching he let down his players, he’s hung Woods and Bhorgi out to dry at media day. The players have been working their tails off all summer, and he pulls this crap. Recruiting will take a huge hit, If he is truely a man of principal he’d resign.

I agree with some to a lot to almost all of what your saying.

But I think what your saying has a wee little bit of hyperbole and exaggeration.

Before Rolo did this, there was about a 83 to 89 percent chance that WSU would win 5,6,5.5 games to 9 games.

Now after Rolo has done what he has done, there is about a 13 to 23 percent chance at worst of WSU not winning 5,6, 5.5 to 9 games.

it won't take a miracle to have a good season, unless Rolo either spreads the disease(not likely)( still possible), causing canceled games, key players to be out(not likely)(still possible, Key players opt out for games, season(Not likely)(but possible.

There is about a 9 to 17 percent chance of those things happening.

But if they do happen, THEN it would take a miracle to have a good season.

I'm more worried about recruiting, what this will to recruiting in combination with the NIL thing.

Your absolutely right that this could torpedo recruiting, the program, even if win 8 games.

Rolo could easily end up like Doba, where he has a GOOD season, then has bad seasons, because of recruiting because of this.

But be that as it is, there isn't proveable cause to fire him, and firing him would cause a 2,3, win season, this season that should,probably still will be good

And there is the buy out of his 5 mil to 12 mil buy out.

Rolo has put WSU/Chun/players/fans between a rock and a hard place.

Normally if Rolo didn't produce this year, he would get 1,2 more years to produce or be fired.

Now because of this, if he doesn't produce this season, he has to be fired.

Just wish Rolo had not let it get out, kept his MOUTH SHUT.

It would probably be ok for him to not get vaxxed as long as it didn't get out, and as long as he kept his MOUTH SHUT about it.

Yes he should get vaxxed, but if your not going to get vaxxed, don't let it get out, and keep your mouth shut about it.

Even if he is right not vaxxing, even if covid is exaggerated, that doesn't matter because of half of the people's popular perception of covid, vaxxing.

If you vax as a HC, no one gets offended, etc, If you don't vax and it gets out, or you don't shut your mouth about it, half the people get offended about it, which affects recruiting, etc.

And if your going to let it get out, not shut your mouth about not vaxxing, at least explain WHY, unless it's a bad reason, as if you explain WHY, and it's a good reason, then half the people won't get offended, and recruiting won't be affected as much.

Another problem I have with what Rolo did beyond what he did, etc, is that IT WAS EXTREMELY STUPID.

How many more EXTREMELY STUPID things is Rolo going to do that could, would hurt the program, etc?

And this is from a person who thinks Covid is only 3.5 times worse then the FLU(Mortality rate), usually only a danger to At risk group people(67+ or 20+ that have diabetes, cancer, etc), and is on the fence to slight anti vax lean.

But that said, if it was small pox, I would vax. If I was in at risk group, I would Vax. If I was a medical worker, I would vax. And if I was Rolo, the WSU HC, I would Vax. And if it didn't Vax, I wouldn't let it get out an or at least would keep my mouth shut about it.

Thanks ROLO NOT.

Well, you don't appear to understand that they can. Here's an analogy for you.

Because Rivals has an obligation to serve the public good and avoid misinformation and disinformation in the communities it serves, it will implement a widely available AI based system that has been shown to nearly eliminate the misinformation and disinformation on other platforms which is a critical element in protecting the worldwide public good. Rivals will require you to check a box agreeing to this change in the terms and conditions of subscription in order to participate on message boards. Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious or personal reasons.

Now at first a typical reader may think, wow that sounds serious. It does say "require" after all. Ed is in big trouble. He constantly spews misinformation. That is very bad for Ed. Ed will almost certainly be banished. Oh, but wait. That last sentence says Ed can exempt himself for personal reasons, which sounds pretty broad and kinda vague. Maybe Ed's well-documented history of being total unable to educate himself on a topic would qualify as a "personal reason." It's certainly personal, and a reason. Maybe Ed will be OK after all. What a relief.
Yup. The WSU policy is written to sound like a mandate but the carve out for "personal reasons" means there is more paperwork to not get vaxxed but the school knows it doesn't have the legal authority to force and emergency use authorization drug on students/employees. Rolovich is undermining Schulz's intent which cause some bad blood but he's complying with the policy as written. Students have the same options as Rolovich and he's illustrating that for them.

Reactions: mikalalas

But I think what your saying has a wee little bit of hyperbole and exaggeration.

Before Rolo did this, there was about a 83 to 89 percent chance that WSU would win 5,6,5.5 games to 9 games.

Now after Rolo has done what he has done, there is about a 13 to 23 percent chance at worst of WSU not winning 5,6, 5.5 to 9 games.

it won't take a miracle to have a good season, unless Rolo either spreads the disease(not likely)( still possible), causing canceled games, key players to be out(not likely)(still possible, Key players opt out for games, season(Not likely)(but possible.

I'm more worried about recruiting, what this will to recruiting in combination with the NIL thing.

Your absolutely right that this could torpedo recruiting, the program, even if win 8 games.

Rolo could easily end up like Doba, where he has a GOOD season, then has bad seasons, because of recruiting because of this.

But be that as it is, there isn't proveable cause to fire him, and firing him would cause a 2,3, win season, this season that should,probably still will be good

Normally if Rolo didn't produce this year, he would get 1,2 more years to produce or be fired.

It would probably be ok for him to not get vaxxed as long as it didn't get out, and as long as he kept his MOUTH SHUT about it.

Yes he should get vaxxed, but if your not going to get vaxxed, don't let it get out, and keep your mouth shut about it.

Even if he is right not vaxxing, even if covid is exaggerated, that doesn't matter because of half of the people's popular perception of covid, vaxxing.

If you vax as a HC, no one gets offended, etc, If you don't vax and it gets out, or you don't shut your mouth about it, half the people get offended about it, which affects recruiting, etc.

And if your going to let it get out, not shut your mouth about not vaxxing, at least explain WHY, unless it's a bad reason, as if you explain WHY, and it's a good reason, then half the people won't get offended, and recruiting won't be affected as much.

Another problem I have with what Rolo did beyond what he did, etc, is that IT WAS EXTREMELY STUPID.

How many more EXTREMELY STUPID things is Rolo going to do that could, would hurt the program, etc?

And this is from a person who thinks Covid is only 3.5 times worse then the FLU(Mortality rate), usually only a danger to At risk group people(67+ or 20+ that have diabetes, cancer, etc), and is on the fence to slight anti vax lean.

But that said, if it was small pox, I would vax. If I was in at risk group, I would Vax. If I was a medical worker, I would vax. And if I was Rolo, the WSU HC, I would Vax. And if it didn't Vax, I wouldn't let it get out an or at least would keep my mouth shut about it.

Thanks ROLO NOT.

Also forgot to mention the fairness, not being hypocritical component.

If your going to ask students, players to vax, even if they can get an exemption, just like Rolo, them you don't be a hypocrit, and not vax as the HC.

Instead, you be a leader, and set the example.

A lot of students, players are going to think that it's NOT FAIR, Hypocritical, to be asked, required(unless get exception, exemption), to get vaxxed, and not have Rolo also get vaxxed.

That's going to cause distrust, bad feelings, not liking Rolo, not respecting Rolo, not being a fan of Rolo, etc.

That's going to affect not only recruiting, but fan/student attendance, at school, games, etc.

Players wont run thru a brick wall for Rolo, because they will think he is a hypocrite, etc.

At least if you don't vax, at least have a good reason, and explain that good reason publically, so that recruits, public, fans, students,players, etc, don't get offended.

Part of being a WSU/Pac 12Head Football Coach is being POLITICALLY CORRECT, so as to NOT offend people, fans, players, students, public, etc.

Part of that is VIRTUE SIGNALING.

Leach could get away a little bit, not being POLITICALLY CORRECT, and not virtue signaling, etc.

But even Leach, WSU was hurt a wee lite bit by that.

Rolo is not Leach, in that he can't pull that off, and get away with not being politically correct, not offending people, etc.

And if he didn't know that this would offend people, then that's just as big a problem.

If he is not going to vax, and not keep his mouth shut about it, and let it get out, then he better have a good reason, and then he should explain that good reason.

And he should apologize, even if there is nothing to apologize for, even if it's insincere, a white lie, etc, you apologize, so that hopefully the offended people forgive you, so that hopefully your recruiting, etc, won't be affected.

A WSU/Pac 12 Head Football Coach should be the biggest POLITICIAN in the world.

Thanks ROLO NOT.
This part:

97.32% agree! Taihtsat

Reactions: Coug4life34
This part:

97.32% agree! Taihtsat

None of our damn business as to why.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
Have to think about the cost/benefit, though, and the difference between a principled stand, which I have some appreciation for, and not being a dumbass, which I appreciate even more.

He should have just been vaccinated and STFU.

If very important to him not to get vaccinated for some reason (e.g., he's very, very worried about possible side effects, has some kind of religious conviction, or whatever), even recognizing the significant cost he, WSU, and the football program would bear as a result, he should have come up with a good reason for it or, at least, some kind of vague allusion to something that made it sound virtuous not to get it.

E.g., "I have carefully evaluated the vaccine options currently available, including substantial research and having met with WSU officials, my own physician, and other medical and scientific professionals at our university. While I appreciate the tremendous efforts of many to bring these vaccines to us on an emergency use basis and the comfort and aid they are providing so many people in allowing us to address this pandemic and help protect all of us, including the most vulnerable members of our society, due to [family medical circumstances] [personal religious convictions] [something else that sounds good], I won't be taking it at this time after carefully balancing these considerations and accounting for the advice of medical and scientific experts who are privy to details of [whatever]. I will, of course, continue to take appropriate steps to protect my colleagues, our players, their families, and others I interact with. Their safety is of the utmost importance to me. Thank you for your understanding."

That's just off the top of my head. The point is to distinguish this from a stupid decision based on misinfo and to imply that it's based on good-sounding specific circumstances, even if the real reason was just that he didn't trust them (or whatever). A real PR pro or someone spending more than 20 seconds undoubtedly could improve on it.

I agree wholeheartily.

That is IDEAL.

unfortunately we live in a unideal world.

Unfortunately because of misinformation, Politics, fear for safety, HALF the people, players, students, etc, are going to want to know why he is not vaccine. And if he doesn't say Why, they will be concerned about safety, will be OFFENDED.

Nothing is worse for a Head Coach, Famous person, Rich Person, Politicians, SALESMEN, HOLLYWOOD ACTORS, CELEBRITIES, PUBLIC PEOPLE, etcz then OFFENDED, SCARED people.

OFFENDED, SCARED PEOPLE AFFECT a Lot of things.

Because of what Rolo did or didn't do, by not vaccine, or by NOT SHUTTING HIS MOUTH, this letting it get out about him not vaccine, and then not saying why.

Because of that people are going to be offended, concerned about.

Rolo maybe getting coaches, Ayers sick, missing games, canceling games

Rolo maybe causing players to opt out

Rolo maybe causing offended players to affect recruiting.

What Rolo has done will cause a bad effect.

Should it be that way

No

But it is what it is

Like it or not Rolo is, should be a Politician, etc

If he doesn't want to say why, he should have KEPT HIS MOUTH SHUT

And if he had kept his mouth shut, probably no one would have found out about him not vaccine. No one would have gotten offended. Recruiting wouldn't be affected. And probably everything would have been ok.

Have to think about the cost/benefit, though, and the difference between a principled stand, which I have some appreciation for, and not being a dumbass, which I appreciate even more.

If very important to him not to get vaccinated for some reason (e.g., he's very, very worried about possible side effects, has some kind of religious conviction, or whatever), even recognizing the significant cost he, WSU, and the football program would bear as a result, he should have come up with a good reason for it or, at least, some kind of vague allusion to something that made it sound virtuous not to get it.

E.g., "I have carefully evaluated the vaccine options currently available, including substantial research and having met with WSU officials, my own physician, and other medical and scientific professionals at our university. While I appreciate the tremendous efforts of many to bring these vaccines to us on an emergency use basis and the comfort and aid they are providing so many people in allowing us to address this pandemic and help protect all of us, including the most vulnerable members of our society, due to [family medical circumstances] [personal religious convictions] [something else that sounds good], I won't be taking it at this time after carefully balancing these considerations and accounting for the advice of medical and scientific experts who are privy to details of [whatever]. I will, of course, continue to take appropriate steps to protect my colleagues, our players, their families, and others I interact with. Their safety is of the utmost importance to me. Thank you for your understanding."

That's just off the top of my head. The point is to distinguish this from a stupid decision based on misinfo and to imply that it's based on good-sounding specific circumstances, even if the real reason was just that he didn't trust them (or whatever). A real PR pro or someone spending more than 20 seconds undoubtedly could improve on it.

People can come up decisions you disagree with and you aren't entitled to an explanation. Particular about health care. It doesn't matter if it's based on misinformation, it's his body.

It would be wise to look back on points in US history where fundamental human rights were disregarded by the courts. We've had forced sterilizations, slavery, segregation, internment of US citizens because of their ancestry, and other abuses. These haven't been the nation's finest hour but many here seem eager to repeat these mistakes.

This right here is scary, scary you would think this and even scarier that you'd go to the length to document it on the internet in perpetuity. This mentality will be our downfall my friend, unfortunately, you aren't alone in your elitest beliefs.

Reactions: justinbgocougs

You NAILED it

People can come up decisions you disagree with and you aren't entitled to an explanation. Particular about health care. It doesn't matter if it's based on misinformation, it's his body.

It would be wise to look back on points in US history where fundamental human rights were disregarded by the courts. We've had forced sterilizations, slavery, segregation, internment of US citizens because of their ancestry, and other abuses. These haven't been the nation's finest hour but many here seem eager to repeat these mistakes.

Your right, no one is entitled to a explanation, and he Rolo doesn't have to explain.

Just like Rolo is not entitled to having people be NOT BE OFFENDED, concerned about his decision not to vax, not to explain

Just like Rolo is not entitled to have his not explaining not effect recruiting, the program, the college etc.

Reactions: Coug4life34

Honestly, I wouldn't have even bothered with that. Show up on Zoom for media days and say something vague about Covid protocols and decline to provide more info.

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT