ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting

Yes, they do. The COVID19 Vaccine has more deaths than any other vaccine combined. Look it up troll.

What if he gets the vaccine, still gets covid, and passed it to a kid? You act like the vaccine is 100% bullet proof, it's not and it's not even close to being so. The media has you brain washed and scared to death, sad really.
Brain washed me on what ?

Last edited:
I'm going to agree with you that the vaccine does kill people and it isn't 100% effective. Anyone objective agrees on that. However, if the vaccine has killed 6,000 people this year, that means the mortality rate is around 0.004%. COVID had a mortality rate around 2% when hospitals were packed and care declined because of lack of resources. It's dipped under 1% with better care, but it's still thousands of times safer to get the vaccine than not.

I got the vaccine and barely noticed. I know dozens of people that got the vaccine and only a couple missed a day of work and I've only had one say it was bad.....but even that person felt better 24 hours later. Compare that to the three people that I know that are dead from COVID and the several that I know that are still experiencing side effects months later.

You say that people promoting the vaccine are brainwashed and scared to death and I'd say that people that fear the vaccines are the ones that are really brainwashed and living in fear.
It will take another 4 years or so for numbers to approach being definitive.

The CDC said 10% of Covid 19 deaths are deaths caused 100% from COVID19 with no co morbidities(So, ~7k?). Not something I need to worry about. I get plenty of exercise, vitamins, and let my immune system do it's job.

It's awesome not living in fear.

10% of 626,000 is 62,600 dead. On top of that, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. You can have a co-morbidity and live for years. My brother has cancer. In your world view, to hell with him, he has a co-morbidity, it's no big deal if he dies. I have another friend who had lived 20 years with a respiratory condition before he died after catching COVID, so again, his death doesn't count in your world view.

I will never understand the notion that it's ok for people to be dead if they "might" have died in the near future anyway.

My respect grew for Rolo today. I'm sure he has received pressure on this.

Why would anyone take an experimental shot (not FDA approved, so no legal recourse if complications arise from the shot), when they have zero chance of dying from the virus. I assume he has no comorbidities, and since he is much younger than 70 years old AND the effectiveness of the shots is not close to the claims, there is no good reason to get vaccinated.

I made the same decision. To think that some are pushing for children to get this shot is unreal. Even the CDC data shows a greater chance of a child dying from a lightning strike than dying from C-19.

If I get Covid, then I'll be sick for several days. Big deal.
I got Covid back in April along with my brother, wife and my 71 year old mother. None of us know how it was contracted (we followed all the idiotic mandates issued) but it ran through our family like wildfire. We were all sick for roughly 7-10 days in total and guess what... WE LIVED! We all had different symptoms of the virus as well. Because of this, I have decided not to get the vaccine due to my natural immunity. There is really no evidence that's currently out there that determines whether my natural immunity is less effective against other variants than the vaccine. But mouth-breathers like 96' and the like will undoubtedly come on here popping off as if they are the authority on this particular subject, because you know, its no-brainer science right? I mean who wouldn't have total and complete faith in a vaccine that was developed in under a year and is only authorized for emergency use... AMIRITE?

I got Covid back in April along with my brother, wife and my 71 year old mother. None of us know how it was contracted (we followed all the idiotic mandates issued) but it ran through our family like wildfire. We were all sick for roughly 7-10 days in total and guess what... WE LIVED! We all had different symptoms of the virus as well. Because of this, I have decided not to get the vaccine due to my natural immunity. There is really no evidence that's currently out there that determines whether my natural immunity is less effective against other variants than the vaccine. But mouth-breathers like 96' and the like will undoubtedly come on here popping off as if they are the authority on this particular subject, because you know, its no-brainer science right? I mean who wouldn't have total and complete faith in a vaccine that was developed in under a year and is only authorized for emergency use... AMIRITE?

I'm perfectly ok with someone who has had the virus recently to pass on getting the vaccine. If I were king, I would ask that people who had COVID get the vaccine once a year has passed. I think they need to determine if we should be getting annual shots, or at least booster shots at some reasonable interval....one year comes to mind.

There are people with underlying health conditions that shouldn't get the vaccine and I'm fine with that.

There are people who shouldn't and maybe don't "need" to to get the vaccine.

I do have a problem with people that use their religious faith to get out of taking the vaccine. I do not believe in a God that says that a person shouldn't put things into their body that might sustain their life. If someone believes that's the case....don't eat food and see how that works out for them. People talk about brainwashing and while I do believe that there is a guiding force out there, I've read enough of the bible and other religious texts to know that they are documents created by men to encourage compliance with a social order. You want to talk about brainwashing....religion is tricky territory there.

I also don't buy into the "personal reasons" excuse for anyone that deals with others.

If Rolovich was some random dude who sits at home and does his own thing, I wouldn't care about his vaccination status. If he wants $3 million per year to coach at WSU, he sure as hell needs to be doing everything he can to be the right person for the job and being an anti-vaxxing fool is a bad step in that regard.

The CDC said 10% of Covid 19 deaths are deaths caused 100% from COVID19 with no co morbidities(So, ~7k?). Not something I need to worry about. I get plenty of exercise, vitamins, and let my immune system do it's job.

It's awesome not living in fear.
News flash it ain’t just about you . Perfect example .. I was out at Manson last week. Had dinner at a friends home ….he had 6 other people I knew, several pretty well. All in 50’s . All vaccinated. Another of their friend who is 65 shows up. Having drinks and he tells us he isn’t vaccinated . One gentlemen gets up and leaves . Care to guess why ? I didn’t even know until the next day. The dude is going through chemo . The guy looked great but the guest brings in greater risk to him . No mask, nothing. Other than the cancer which he was on last portion or chemo, the guy is healthy . 52… not some person who is disposable like the 75 year olds .

If he isn’t allowed into someone’s house because they are worried he will get them sick, then he can’t do his job .

I personally don’t care if rolo gets vaccinated or not . If he doesn’t care about his health and health if his players and being able to be able to play, I am like. I probably don’t care either . Except I care about the University . If wulff was coach I would have the same ask .
Wulff would have gotten better advice from Jim Walden - perhaps a fake vax card, or told Wullf to change his personal pronouns on his twitter profile or just blamed Bill Doba for the COVID outbreak.

Can YOU imagine how many wins a properly vaccinated Paul Wulff AND Jim Walden with a Football office complex, Pac12Network revenues and working with both Leach's & Rolo's recruits could have gotten?
Maybe 4 wins by Year 4.

Reactions: etowncoug
Maybe RoLo feels like he's making a principled stand for all those across this nation who aren't 100 percent sure taking this vaccine is the right decision?

Every movement starts with someone holding his or her ground no matter how unpopular or controversial.

Not trying to disagree with you Biggsy as much as trying to look at things from another person's perspective
He is free to take that stand. He is not entitled to remain employed by WSU when he does it.

Do you know how many of the 600K died with the virus as opposed to from the virus? The number is high. One detailed study of a California County showed it to be almost 25 percent. Anyway, we know that the virus is likely to kill only certain demographic groups. We know who those are. It ain't college kids and it ain't healthy people under age 70.

Why would you laugh at people who don't get the shot? Do you know how many people have died from the shot? I heard yesterday the number was currently about 12,000. That is not an insignificant number of people especially if this included those who were not in high risk groups.
Do you have a source on this? Genuinely curious on this.

Good for you, you lived. Millions around the world cannot say the same.

You probably drive drunk all the time too, but haven't killed anyone so that is totally fine.

It genuinely amazes how stupid you are.

He is free to take that stand. He is not entitled to remain employed by WSU when he does it.
Fire him, pay him his money and he gets to become the anti Vax Kaepernick.

Gets the poke, keeps his head down and just coaches and probably gets fired in 3 years anyway.

News flash it ain’t just about you . Perfect example .. I was out at Manson last week. Had dinner at a friends home ….he had 6 other people I knew, several pretty well. All in 50’s . All vaccinated. Another of their friend who is 65 shows up. Having drinks and he tells us he isn’t vaccinated . One gentlemen gets up and leaves . Care to guess why ? I didn’t even know until the next day. The dude is going through chemo . The guy looked great but the guest brings in greater risk to him . No mask, nothing. Other than the cancer which he was on last portion or chemo, the guy is healthy . 52… not some person who is disposable like the 75 year olds .
Newsflash- people that want to get the vaccine have gotten the vaccine.

Nice take on 75 year olds.

All the hysteria over Rolovich's medical decisions and not one mention of Kyle Smith actually contracting Covid last year. Covid has captured the imagination of this board. So many complex scenarios about what might happen if Covid breaks out. Very little perspective.

I'm perfectly ok with someone who has had the virus recently to pass on getting the vaccine. If I were king, I would ask that people who had COVID get the vaccine once a year has passed. I think they need to determine if we should be getting annual shots, or at least booster shots at some reasonable interval....one year comes to mind.

There are people with underlying health conditions that shouldn't get the vaccine and I'm fine with that.

There are people who shouldn't and maybe don't "need" to to get the vaccine.

I do have a problem with people that use their religious faith to get out of taking the vaccine. I do not believe in a God that says that a person shouldn't put things into their body that might sustain their life. If someone believes that's the case....don't eat food and see how that works out for them. People talk about brainwashing and while I do believe that there is a guiding force out there, I've read enough of the bible and other religious texts to know that they are documents created by men to encourage compliance with a social order. You want to talk about brainwashing....religion is tricky territory there.

I also don't buy into the "personal reasons" excuse for anyone that deals with others.

If Rolovich was some random dude who sits at home and does his own thing, I wouldn't care about his vaccination status. If he wants $3 million per year to coach at WSU, he sure as hell needs to be doing everything he can to be the right person for the job and being an anti-vaxxing fool is a bad step in that regard.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means and to some point, I agree that Rolo not getting the vaccine is bad optics for our program as a whole. Although I agree with this notion, I don't really like the fact that he has to be pressured into that scenario of getting the vaccine strictly to virtue signal. To me, that too sends a bad message that if don't agree with something that isn't a law, then its ok to cave to the pressure of the social media-elites because lets be real here... Social media is how all this hysteria has blanketed our society and drives the fear related to Covid.

To address your statistic about Covid deaths... Everyone knows you can live with co-morbidities and I don't believe anyone on here is saying that its ok for them to just perish because "We Murican's luv our freedom" and don't believe in any of this. I believe most of can make safe, responsible decisions on how we handle our personal health issues as to prevent contracting the virus. Your numbers show that people with co-morbidities are benefitting from the vaccine because before they were the ones who possessed the greatest risk. We need to leave the anecdotal evidence at the door because that has no place in holistic statistical analysis. If we use that as a method shaping policy around Covid, then we should all just be locked in our homes until its safe to leave it. This shouldn't be controversial at all.... If you're at risk, get the vaccine, mask, socially distance whatever you feel is necessary for you. However, if you feel that you're not at risk, then by all means do what you feel is necessary. I haven't put much thought into whether or not I would get the vaccine outside of my own natural immunity but I think I would lean towards actually getting the vaccine.

Good for you, you lived. Millions around the world cannot say the same.

You probably drive drunk all the time too, but haven't killed anyone so that is totally fine.

It genuinely amazes how stupid you are.
Lol you truly are an angry little man aren't you? Wait, I'm sorry... I probably misgendered you and didn't realize it. Good luck with your anger problem. I'm sure you're a real joy to be around during the holidays.

If those were wondering about vaccinated people spreading the virus look at the infection numbers in England and Israel, two of the highest vaccinated populations. You wouldn't be seeing the spread their if vaccines were as effective as advertised and didn't have vaccinated people who got Covid spreading it. Evidence does seem to point to vaccinated individuals receiving less severe symptoms when they contract the illness, but spread remains high.

All the hysteria over Rolovich's medical decisions and not one mention of Kyle Smith actually contracting Covid last year. Covid has captured the imagination of this board. So many complex scenarios about what might happen if Covid breaks out. Very little perspective.
How can you express outrage over someone that has already had Covid?

Haven’t heard from 425 either
I know you've been waiting with bated breath. These issues are tricky. I understand not wanting to get the vaccine. I also understand, but from an outsider's perspective have a harder time thinking how I would justify, being anti-vax in Rolo's position and with his role and responsibilities.

Lots of people caught Covid last year when there was no vaccine. What’s your point?

I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means and to some point, I agree that Rolo not getting the vaccine is bad optics for our program as a whole. Although I agree with this notion, I don't really like the fact that he has to be pressured into that scenario of getting the vaccine strictly to virtue signal. To me, that too sends a bad message that if don't agree with something that isn't a law, then its ok to cave to the pressure of the social media-elites because lets be real here... Social media is how all this hysteria has blanketed our society and drives the fear related to Covid.
Good points. But the whole head football coach gig has been about virtue signalling dating back to Knute Rockne though.

The UW football program and their alums placing a statue outside their stadium to honor an authoritarian white supremacist like Jim Owens signals the virtues they aspire to.

When Jim Owens required loyalty oaths from his black players, our state's last two governors plus the state's most celebrated serial killer were at the UW trying to get into law school.

Yes, they do. The COVID19 Vaccine has more deaths than any other vaccine combined. Look it up troll.

What if he gets the vaccine, still gets covid, and passed it to a kid? You act like the vaccine is 100% bullet proof, it's not and it's not even close to being so. The media has you brain washed and scared to death, sad really.
Interesting . One scenario he had done everything humanly possible to put his health and kids health in best possible light, the other not so much .

Here is one for you . I have two kids in college . They are watching the news with me last night and there is the name of their coach on the news ? They look at me… how does that happen? The students have to be vaccinated and he can punt ?

Rolo isn't alone. "Nearly a third of staffers at Big Apple hospitals are still unvaccinated — more than nine months into the campaign to inoculate medical workers and all New Yorkers against the killer bug, state data reviewed by The Post reveals."

Interesting . One scenario he had done everything humanly possible to put his health and kids health in best possible light, the other not so much .

Here is one for you . I have two kids in college . They are watching the news with me last night and there is the name of their coach on the news ? They look at me… how does that happen? The students have to be vaccinated and he can punt ?
The students have the same exemptions available as the employees.

10% of 626,000 is 62,600 dead. On top of that, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. You can have a co-morbidity and live for years. My brother has cancer. In your world view, to hell with him, he has a co-morbidity, it's no big deal if he dies. I have another friend who had lived 20 years with a respiratory condition before he died after catching COVID, so again, his death doesn't count in your world view.

I will never understand the notion that it's ok for people to be dead if they "might" have died in the near future anyway.
The students have the same exemptions available as the employees.
Sorry the point escaped you . It is about leadership . The situation with non vaxed kids will work out . Vaxed kids want to live the college experience . Not have stuff shut down . They will do what is necessary to ensure they live their experience and take the anti Vaxers and minimize the damage they can cause .

Last edited:
Newsflash- people that want to get the vaccine have gotten the vaccine.

Nice take on 75 year olds.
Sorry I probably should have only excluded 76 and older as disposable. Should include people who are overweight, have a breathing disorder and folks who have cancer . They are disposable . No reason to have my freedoms infringed upon when I can just take vitamins and take care of myself . I stand corrected .

Sorry I probably should have only excluded 76 and older as disposable. Should include people who are overweight, have a breathing disorder and folks who have cancer . They are disposable . No reason to have my freedoms infringed upon when I can just take vitamins and take care of myself . I stand corrected .
Why not take the number down to 50, and dispose of yourself?

Sorry the point escaped you . It is about leadership . The situation with non backed kids will work out . Vaxed kids want to live the college experience . Not have stuff shut down . They will do what is necessary to ensure they live their experience and take the anti Vaxers and minimize the damage they can cause .
Your daughters are uninformed. Students are not required to take the vaccine. Students have the same exemptions available as university employees. Students can punt too.

Did you fail by not providing your daughters with correct information?

Would you like to chat with someone who is in the biotech business, creates cancer drugs and knows all thge CEO's and has better knowledge than I or you and he can explain the science and why the drug is safe....?

Your daughters are uninformed. Students are not required to take the vaccine. Students have the same exemptions available as university employees. Students can punt too.

Didn't need to provide them with any information. But thanks.

Why not take the number down to 50, and dispose of yourself?
I think a simpler solution would be to get rid of me....IE put me on ignore. Outside of Yaki I have not seen someone so ...what's the word...interested in my posts. Would seem to be easier to assume ED to you is some duttering has been.

I doubt it would get to who’s at fault. The last thing WSU wants is a lawsuit from a player over the HFC giving him covid. The optics are terrible. WSU writes a check to the player. Heaven forbid he dies from the covid he got from Rolo.

Risk versus reward. The best case scenario is nothing happens. The worst case scenario, while could be small percentage, is death.

If WSU doesn’t have the money for a buyout, do they have the money for a payout to players families?

Rolo put WSU in a bind. Why would any employer allow this?

Fire him. Move on. Enough Mickey Mouse bullshit.
The answer to your question is yes. The payout to the player would come from the state insurance pool, so the money is there. The money for the buyout isn’t.

Lol, this is a bunch of gibberish. None of what you said comes close to being grounds for administrative leave. They have procedures and protocols set by the university and the Pac-12 they have to follow if they aren't vaccinated. Just like the NFL. If he tests positive (who knows, he probably already had it), he will have to follow the procedures. If he violates those then he starts getting into warm water, but if he follows university guidance he is fine.

You're talking about putting a coach on administrative leave for not getting vaccinated, an optional choice.

I'll play your game because I haven't been on this site for awhile. If he gets Covid from his kids and passes it to a player. Who's at fault, Rolovich or the unvaccinated player?

Washington State University (WSU), as the state’s land-grant university, has an obligation to serve the public good and promote the health and safety of the communities it serves. The COVID‑19 vaccine, now widely available, has been shown to nearly eliminate the chances of death or serious illness related to a COVID‑19 infection, and is a critical element in protecting public health locally and worldwide.

• Vaccine requirements for students​

WSU system-wide will require proof of the COVID‑19 vaccination for the 2021–2022 academic year for all students engaging in activities at a WSU campus or location.
    Exemptions will be allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Information about how to submit proof of vaccination and the process to request an exemption will be provided in the coming months.

If those were wondering about vaccinated people spreading the virus look at the infection numbers in England and Israel, two of the highest vaccinated populations. You wouldn't be seeing the spread their if vaccines were as effective as advertised and didn't have vaccinated people who got Covid spreading it. Evidence does seem to point to vaccinated individuals receiving less severe symptoms when they contract the illness, but spread remains high.
I haven’t watched the rates in England and Israel closely, but the demographics of infections over the last several months paint a picture about vaccination. The older age groups, who were most severely infected before the vaccine was available and have accepted the vaccine at the highest rates, now have the lowest infection rates. Decreasing age corresponds with decreasing vaccine acceptance, and with increasing infection rates.
Also interesting- in Washington, approximately 1.3% of those with confirmed infections have died. Of those with breakthrough infections…approximately 1.3% have died. Underlying conditions are significant in both groups. Statistically, the odds of getting infected when unvaccinated are much higher (about 6% of Washington population has been infected, although that includes pre-vaccine, but only 0.08% of those vaccinated have been infected). But…it appears that vaccination doesn’t impact the mortality rate much for those who are infected.

Either way, 1.3% of 0.08% is far less than 1.3% of 6%.

Note again, this represents confirmed infections. It doesn’t account for those who carry the virus with no symptoms.

Would you like to chat with someone who is in the biotech business, creates cancer drugs and knows all thge CEO's and has better knowledge than I or you and he can explain the science and why the drug is safe....?
Your friend isn't qualified to say a thing about this. Cancer isn't a virus and it's treatment doesn't involve vaccines. He's no better qualified to speak to the safety of the vaccine than you or me.

My contact in the CDC spent a career working to eradicate hepatitis B and polio with vaccines. He thinks the vaccine is safe but he's basing that off media reports not a close examination of science. As one of the worlds top vaccine experts, he has encouraged people to get the shot while hedging on the risks.

If he doesn't know more than what's being reported in the press, your drinking buddy certainly doesn't. The pertinent questions regarding vaccines don't call for an answer based on a surface level examination of facts. It requires study and time to pinpoint the side effects. If you haven't done that work, or don't know someone who has, you aren't bringing anything to this discussion.

I haven’t watched the rates in England and Israel closely, but the demographics of infections over the last several months paint a picture about vaccination. The older age groups, who were most severely infected before the vaccine was available and have accepted the vaccine at the highest rates, now have the lowest infection rates. Decreasing age corresponds with decreasing vaccine acceptance, and with increasing infection rates.
Also interesting- in Washington, approximately 1.3% of those with confirmed infections have died. Of those with breakthrough infections…approximately 1.3% have died. Underlying conditions are significant in both groups. Statistically, the odds of getting infected when unvaccinated are much higher (about 6% of Washington population has been infected, although that includes pre-vaccine, but only 0.08% of those vaccinated have been infected). But…it appears that vaccination doesn’t impact the mortality rate much for those who are infected.

Either way, 1.3% of 0.08% is far less than 1.3% of 6%.

Note again, this represents confirmed infections. It doesn’t account for those who carry the virus with no symptoms.

Cases are spiking like crazy in England despite close to 90% of the population receiving at least one shot. Close to 70% have gotten two. Deaths are down but the vaccine doesn't appear to be slowing the spread. The clear benefit of being vaccinated would appear to be for the person receiving the shot, not for protecting the vulnerable who can't receive the shot.

At what point does society say get the shot or don't but the impact to your health is on you?

My doctor said it best. The vaccines were developed by research and the medical community with the highest technology ever used. The unvaxxed group : if you don’t believe and trust the government, the technology, the research and doctors, then do not come to the hospital if you get COVID. This is the same group you do not trust. Save the emergency rooms for Others that need them.

Exactly

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT