ADVERTISEMENT

Leach detractors- have you seen IT?

People play with a fever all the time. What got him hurt was being stupid, not having a fever.
The flu and a slightly elevated temperature aren't the same thing. He was sick. If you want to pretend that the flu doesn't weaken your body in defiance of modern medicine, be my guest, though, Dr. Ed. Bad process, bad decision, bad result. I mean, it's all there, and really indefensible... but since it was... you know... can't be his fault. It was the player. Or maybe the team doctor. Not the awful head coach who only inserted him up 3 scores against an FCS doormat knowing he was sick.

You should save your bullets for one where there's at least a defensible position. Tilting at windmills like this hurts your credibility.

Last edited:
Let's turn it around- if PLAYING a sick player in that circumstance was a good idea, why didn't he start?
That is kind of the point. See, you take my comparison to Leach as an insult, personal. There is a greater point, coaches make these decisions all the time. I find that no more "stupid" than Leach playing Halliday at the end of the game against Oregon having him throw 85 passes and exposing him to an injury. The game was lost, there was nothing to be gained from a fans standpoint.

Players shoot up pain killers fro a reason, so they can play. As a fan, I would not have played Tuel, nor would I have played Halliday for the last quarter of the Oregon game. But coaches do it all the time, and it is not a decision that is out of the norm.

Players play the flu and body temps of 101 many times. It does not expose them to more injury. What did it to Tuel is not being smart and move to the right three inches. This was not a line issue, this was all on the QB.

That is kind of the point. See, you take my comparison to Leach as an insult, personal. There is a greater point, coaches make these decisions all the time. I find that no more "stupid" than Leach playing Halliday at the end of the game against Oregon having him throw 85 passes and exposing him to an injury. The game was lost, there was nothing to be gained from a fans standpoint.

Players shoot up pain killers fro a reason, so they can play. As a fan, I would not have played Tuel, nor would I have played Halliday for the last quarter of the Oregon game. But coaches do it all the time, and it is not a decision that is out of the norm.

Players play the flu and body temps of 101 many times. It does not expose them to more injury. What did it to Tuel is not being smart and move to the right three inches. This was not a line issue, this was all on the QB.
It was immensely more stupid. If he were healthy, he'd have started. He wasn't, so he didn't. The coach played him even though he wasn't well, and he thusly suffered an injury that he wouldn't have had he not played, not an imaginary injury created to defend the poor choice of an awful coach.

What do you gain by imagining worst case scenarios for Leach (that haven't/didn't happen) to defend awful decisions that DID happen under the former coach?

If you really wanted a guy to succeed, you wouldn't be drawing imaginary lines from him to the biggest loser in school history. That's all. Want to discuss actual things, sure. But concocted scenarios to absolve the failure is a bit beyond the pale. Comparing our current coach to Wulff isn't insulting to me. It is insulting to the school you claim, though. Especially since you can't get there without making stuff up.

The flu and a slightly elevated temperature aren't the same thing. He was sick. If you want to pretend that the flu doesn't weaken your body in defiance of modern medicine, be my guest, though, Dr. Ed. Bad process, bad decision, bad result.
People with sprained knees, ankles etc doesn't "weaken" the body, make them "vulnerable? "It's not unusual for a player to hit the field even while sick. If Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III can play with a sprained knee, others will play with some sniffles and body aches. That is probably why Lewis played despite the flu. Lewis was spotted having a coughing fit after the win over the Broncos, Sports Illustrated reported."

Like I said, it is not uncommon.

People with sprained knees, ankles etc doesn't "weaken" the body, make them "vulnerable? "It's not unusual for a player to hit the field even while sick. If Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III can play with a sprained knee, others will play with some sniffles and body aches. That is probably why Lewis played despite the flu. Lewis was spotted having a coughing fit after the win over the Broncos, Sports Illustrated reported."

Like I said, it is not uncommon.
It's uncommon enough that you had to go back THREE YEARS, to an NFL hall of fame LINEBACKER for any example. Also good that RG3 was in this article- you can say Paul Wulff is just like Mike Shanahan!

Not a college kid. Not a QB. Not last year- or even TWO years ago. So the Ravens sat Lewis until they were up three TD's too? Wasn't that a PLAYOFF game? For a player on the verge of retiring?

Yeah, totally the same as 1)a QB 2)who wasn't healthy enough to start against 3) Idaho State 4)coming into a game 5) where his team was already up 21-0. I mean, in the Wulff years, that FCS game was their Super Bowl, though.

This isn't the one. Only stopping at five things wrong with that decision was generous.

Yet again, you neglect the fact that Wulff pretended Tuel's injury as something totally beyond his control, and the had he been healthy WSU would have been in a bowl for sure and the injury was a reason that Wulff should not have been fired.

Reactions: wulffui
Really, I'm looking, and there's an abundance of "played with the flu". There's a fair share of "unable to play because of the flu" too.

But there's no other "unable to start because of the flu, then inserted with a big lead". Just that one. Not sure why.

Really, I'm looking, and there's an abundance of "played with the flu". There's a fair share of "unable to play because of the flu" too.

But there's no other "unable to start because of the flu, then inserted with a big lead". Just that one. Not sure why.

I do believe Ed would throw himself in front of a car to save Wulff... wait, he just did. :D

Reactions: wulffui
Yes, don't buy his spin, my spin or anyone else's spin. But, please back it up with something other than calling someone a geek or that a player would laugh at him. Teams and players do use advanced statistics. It was not the case years ago, but it is very true today.

Yes, I have said on many occasions that you are what your record says you are. It is true. There is also something called a sample size. Cherry picking two years out of three is not being truthful any more than if I chose 2013 for Leach and said Leach gets WSU to bowls, so all is perfect.
Ok...but you do realize that everyone whom I've called a geek or similiar has slung stones at me or Ed. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. And most of the people who I have reffered to as geeks are the ones who throw the most stones...and I simply responded in a similiar manner.

There are a lot of regular posters here who I have never had a problem with...and I've been here since 2002.

Now you are just lying. It was a 14-0 lead, Not a big lead when Tuel went in. He was feeling better and wanted to play. And he got hurt on his first series, not later in the game.

Last edited:
It's uncommon enough that you had to go back THREE YEARS, to an NFL hall of fame LINEBACKER for any example. Also good that RG3 was in this article- you can say Paul Wulff is just like Mike Shanahan!

Not a college kid. Not a QB. Not last year- or even TWO years ago. So the Ravens sat Lewis until they were up three TD's too? Wasn't that a PLAYOFF game? For a player on the verge of retiring?

Yeah, totally the same as 1)a QB 2)who wasn't healthy enough to start against 3) Idaho State 4)coming into a game 5) where his team was already up 21-0. I mean, in the Wulff years, that FCS game was their Super Bowl, though.

Ok, don't like that "flu" exmap;le
I do believe Ed would throw himself in front of a car to save Wulff... wait, he just did. :D
I do believe Ed would throw himself in front of a car to save Wulff... wait, he just did. :D[/QUOTE
Well if anyone would have first hand personal knowledge of what is happening in my world it would be someone with stalking tendencies. Still cant come clean I see.

Yet again, you neglect the fact that Wulff pretended Tuel's injury as something totally beyond his control, and the had he been healthy WSU would have been in a bowl for sure and the injury was a reason that Wulff should not have been fired.
Nice try. Here is what was really said by me. I said the injury and where it happened is on the player. Just like it is when RG3 refuses to slide and avoid contact. Jeff Tuel simply had to step out of bounds, he didn't.

Two, I said I believe with Tuel they would have beat UCLA (we lost late), and I believe they would have beat Utah(inch shy), and I believe they would have beat SDSU(believe we had a lead late in the third quarter). That would have got them to a bowl game.

I said he should not be fired just to hire another assistant from another program, as the 2010 class turned out to be pretty good, and that in 2012 he finally got his HS school lineman. While it would have been nice to see Tuel play and we could have see really WHERE the progress was, it didn't happen. It would have been nice to see with a QB they groomed to play in 2011. Yes, I would have been in favor of keeping Wulff over a reset with an assistant coach. Then prior to the ASU game, I rethought the position because after 2012 we had to start over again at QB, and we might as well let a new coach give it a go. That was said before Halliday lit it up. Then played well but made three mistakes against Utah. Then the thought process was keep Wulff for 2012 because bringing in an coach that was an assistant would not have resulted in a positive change year 1-3 for that regime. So might as well keep Wulff to see if the recruiting classes would stabilize and Halliday develops.

Then came the Pac 10 money and we hired a coach with a resume, and I was and am more than fine with it.

BALTIMORE -- He had a fever, the chills and his body ached. He received an IV to put extra fluids in his body before the game.
Nothing was going to stop Joe Haden from playing in the Browns' 2014 season finale against the Baltimore Ravens.
Not even the flu.
If anything defines Playing Like a Brown, it was Haden's gutsy Week 17 effort against the Ravens. Even in what some viewed as a meaningless game for Cleveland, Haden made it his priority to show younger teammates the right way to approach your business.
“I’m trying to be out there and lead by example,” Haden said with a raspy voice in the locker room after the Browns’ 20-10 loss. “You’ve got to show these dudes that you’ve got to want it. And you’ve got to want to win with all you got. I feel like if I’m out there doing what I’ve got to do when I’m under the weather, it’s just going to make other people on the team see that and hopefully do the same.”
Funny, not sure why you were diverted by the Ray Lewis post. The reason I had it in there wasn't because it was Ray Lewis or the playoffs, but rather the comment it is more common than we think.

This isn't the one. Only stopping at five things wrong with that decision was generous.

No...actually I went to the first article. And the most important part of the article went right over your head. The comment was how the coach said it wasn't all that uncommon for players to play with the flu.

Poor Ed and his PTSD-laden obsessions. Do enjoy looking like a fool here? Hahahahahaha

Poor Ed and his PTSD-laden obsessions. Do enjoy looking like a fool here? Hahahahahaha
Poor Nanookie, caught in a huge lie, but someone who is so obsessed with what is written around here would have to go to a work site is a bit scary; especially if you knew the back story, which proves why you are such a liar, and why you are personally scary.

Last edited:

So we have at least established one source said it is more common to play with the flu, and the greatest risk of playing with the flu isn't injury concerns, but spreading the virus. We now can move to the other problem you have, playing in a "blowout". Here is something I read about a blowout, smart coach or dumb coach?
The “Some Team” player x, one the leagues most gifted players, broke his "body part" “redacted” with 3:55 left in his team's "25" point blowout of another team. His is a significant injury.
“Coach A” is not the only “redacted” coach who consistently plays his starters late into blowout games, even as this practice continues to perplex levelheaded fans across the country.

So we have at least established one source said it is more common to play with the flu, and the greatest risk of playing with the flu isn't injury concerns, but spreading the virus. We now can move to the other problem you have, playing in a "blowout". Here is something I read about a blowout, smart coach or dumb coach?
The “Some Team” player x, one the leagues most gifted players, broke his "body part" “redacted” with 3:55 left in his team's "25" point blowout of another team. His is a significant injury.
“Coach A” is not the only “redacted” coach who consistently plays his starters late into blowout games, even as this practice continues to perplex levelheaded fans across the country.
I. DON'T. CARE.

They scored on their first two drives, and hung 64 on ISU, so Tuel wasn't needed for fear of a competitive game. (And if Wulff thought so, against a 2-9 FCS team in year four, well, that's another stinky kettle of fish we're opening.)

You've found me guys who play with "flu-like symptoms". I've asked you to find one who COULDN'T START THE GAME because of sickness, then got put into A NON-COMPETITIVE GAME, then got injured as a result. So far, you've danced around the maypole, but haven't found that scenario. And you've tried to say, "oh, Leach would do it", but surprisingly, haven't found that either.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
I. DON'T. CARE.

They scored on their first two drives, and hung 64 on ISU, so Tuel wasn't needed for fear of a competitive game. (And if Wulff thought so, against a 2-9 FCS team in year four, well, that's another stinky kettle of fish we're opening.)

You've found me guys who play with "flu-like symptoms". I've asked you to find one who COULDN'T START THE GAME because of sickness, then got put into A NON-COMPETITIVE GAME, then got injured as a result. So far, you've danced around the maypole, but haven't found that scenario. And you've tried to say, "oh, Leach would do it", but surprisingly, haven't found that either.
We don't know if Leach has done it or not cause he is smart when it comes to "injuries". Good gawd, I get you don't care. I just told you why high level coaches keep players in a 25 point blowout. A game that is won.

So Tuel didn't start, he was cleared. He got IV's, they did what they needed to do to get him on the field. What was the score of the game when a two year starter, or a year and 1/2 starter entered the game?

We don't know if Leach has done it or not cause he is smart when it comes to "injuries". Good gawd, I get you don't care. I just told you why high level coaches keep players in a 25 point blowout. A game that is won.

So Tuel didn't start, he was cleared. He got IV's, they did what they needed to do to get him on the field. What was the score of the game when a two year starter, or a year and 1/2 starter entered the game?
The starter scored both times he touched the ball before Tuel entered, and continued to spearhead a 64 point attack once he was injured. It's as if, given that he was too sick to start the game, and the starter was rolling, IT WAS STUPID TO PUT HIM IN. There was no "do what was needed"- the guy who wasn't too sick to start the game was already doing that.

Then he got injured and cemented that stupid decision.

The starter scored both times he touched the ball before Tuel entered, and continued to spearhead a 64 point attack once he was injured. It's as if, given that he was too sick to start the game, and the starter was rolling, IT WAS STUPID TO PUT HIM IN. There was no "do what was needed"- the guy who wasn't too sick to start the game was already doing that.

Then he got injured and cemented that stupid decision.
Hindsight is 20/20. Wouldn't hear a peep out of you had he stepped out of bounds.

In real football, not fantasy football, you want to get your starter some live reps. And the kid felt fine enough to go in. So he played, didn't step out of bounds, and got hurt. Had absolutely nothing to do with sniffles and kleenexes.

Hindsight is 20/20. Wouldn't hear a peep out of you had he stepped out of bounds.

In real football, not fantasy football, you want to get your starter some live reps. And the kid felt fine enough to go in. So he played, didn't step out of bounds, and got hurt,. Had absolutely nothing to do with sniffles and kleenexes.
I guess real Paul Wulff football means catastrophic QB injuries against FCS teams.

Still didn't find one, did you?

I guess real Paul Wulff football means catastrophic QB injuries against FCS teams.

Still didn't find one, did you?
Tuel got injured because he did not step out of bounds. Period. Write that on a chalkboard 100 times and maybe you'll learn something.

Tuel got injured because he did not step out of bounds. Period. Write that on a chalkboard 100 times and maybe you'll learn something.
Tuel got injured because he played at less than 100% against an FCS team. That's the actual how of him getting injured. Write that 100 times and... who am I kidding? That's 95 more than you're up to.

In real football, not fantasy football, you want to get your starter some live reps. And the kid felt fine enough to go in. So he played, didn't step out of bounds, and got hurt. Had absolutely nothing to do with sniffles and kleenexes.

Well, we do know you continued to post at your usual ability the day after you got tanked watching the 2012 WSU-BYU game. Hangover or no, the idiot parade continued. Are you now ready for your one trick, little pony?

Poor Nanookie, caught in a huge lie, but someone who is so obsessed with what is written around here would have to go to a work site is a bit scary; especially if you knew the back story, which proves why you are such a liar, and why you are personally scary.

Wow. Adding paranoid to your psychological repertoire? Now, little fella, read carefully. I addressed your silly delusions on the premium board some time ago. You can go there and reread it. Comprehension and retention, I know, are challenges for you, but try anyway.
When you're finished, please limit your posts to Cougar athletics. No one wants to know what your personal problems/obsessions are. It's getting quite sad and pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
It's like the former Polk High Star #33 Sponge Bundy would rather see the Cougs LOSE in 2015 to prove you were wrong and he was right 30-mins into BYU game......... doesn't it. Pathetic

What a "TRUE" Coug Football Supporter !!!!

3776885-9396505481-al_bu.jpg
Well whit....let's say you are correct, Sponge or anyone else would be rather be right and have the Cougs lose. But folks are doing that, are they buying season tix? I remember you and others being ultra critical at every move, which I took as your right and prerogative. Should I have assumed likewise you simply wanted to be right and you aren't a Coug fan? You get the inconsistency there, correct? Also, while you were bitching and moaning, were you buying season tix?

Reactions: spongebob11
Wow. Adding paranoid to your psychological repertoire? Now, little fella, read carefully. I addressed your silly delusions on the premium board some time ago. You can go there and reread it. Comprehension and retention, I know, are challenges for you, but try anyway.
When you're finished, please limit your posts to Cougar athletics. No one wants to know what your personal problems/obsessions are. It's getting quite sad and pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you.
Well Dr. Nanookie, no paranoia. Not very good at this, are you? You mean this post from the Premium Board? "When Ed and I were on friendly terms, we had exchanged some emails. He gave me his real name, but I dropped that email account. Knowing his name and his occupation, I looked him up on the internet to get an email address. In just one post, I jokingly mentioned that one co-worker was good looking. In a reply, Ed agreed. That was the end of that, or so I thought." That post? First, we were on friendly terms back in 2007. What would possess you to need my email now? Since 2007 you never once emailed me Nannookie. You had no need for my email address. There is an messaging system on this board and one on Brand X. Or if you really wanted it and had a need for it you could have asked for it. And no, you just didn't mention that a coworker was attractive, you mentioned HER name. Again, what was the purpose behind that? What does that have to do with Cougar football. And it was disturbing on two levels, the first is she had no business being brought up on this board. Can you give any rational reason why you her name was listed?

It wasn't the end of it. You have zero idea why I played it off. I have no idea where you would stop. As Biggs said, anyone who did that should have been banned. But good try as a play to simply garner my email address. What, you are going to send me birthday wishes? Good grief.

Tuel got injured because he played at less than 100% against an FCS team. That's the actual how of him getting injured. Write that 100 times and... who am I kidding? That's 95 more than you're up to.
The flu does not cause injuries! If you ever played a down of football, you would know that.

And FCS has absolutely nothing to do with it!

The flu does not cause injuries! If you ever played a down of football, you would know that.

People play less than 100% in a lot of games. The game was 14-0 when Tuel entered. How many times has Lynch gone in after the first couple of series. Last fall he was puking and Carroll was very nonchalant said when he was done we put him. He was not 100%.

The flu wasn't the reason he got injured Wulffui. Look, as a FAN I would much rather have had Lobster in there, especially after a 14-0 lead. Same with Halliday, I would have much rather had him out against Oregon instead of exposing him to injury against Oregon. I would much rather Doba play Rogers in 55-10 loss to Oregon. So while you equate this to Wulff vs Leach, it isn't about Leach or really Wulff. It is about coaches who do similar things all the time. Bellichek watched Gronk break his arm on an extra point with 330 left in a game where they are up by 25. So my point remains the same, Wulff did what other coaches in similar circumstances do. Coaches don't differentiate between ISU and Wyoming or Rutgers. It was early in the game, the starter was ready, and unfortunately he didn't get out of bounds when he had a chance.

Well, we do know you continued to post at your usual ability the day after you got tanked watching the 2012 WSU-BYU game. Hangover or no, the idiot parade continued. Are you now ready for your one trick, little pony?
Are you now ready for your apple sauce and meds, little pony?

People play less than 100% in a lot of games. The game was 14-0 when Tuel entered. How many times has Lynch gone in after the first couple of series. Last fall he was puking and Carroll was very nonchalant said when he was done we put him. He was not 100%.

The flu wasn't the reason he got injured Wulffui. Look, as a FAN I would much rather have had Lobster in there, especially after a 14-0 lead. Same with Halliday, I would have much rather had him out against Oregon instead of exposing him to injury against Oregon. I would much rather Doba play Rogers in 55-10 loss to Oregon. So while you equate this to Wulff vs Leach, it isn't about Leach or really Wulff. It is about coaches who do similar things all the time. Bellichek watched Gronk break his arm on an extra point with 330 left in a game where they are up by 25. So my point remains the same, Wulff did what other coaches in similar circumstances do. Coaches don't differentiate between ISU and Wyoming or Rutgers. It was early in the game, the starter was ready, and unfortunately he didn't get out of bounds when he had a chance.
That's a lot of words for, "no, no other coach has done it".

That's a lot of words for, "no, no other coach has done it".
Not really. Haven't looked all that hard.

Do you believe Leach would do it if presented the exact same scenario, early in the game, a starter felt good enough to play, and despite playing a lower level team?

Look, as a FAN I would much rather have had Lobster in there, especially after a 14-0 lead.
And since that's what you are, that's as far as your opinion needs to go. You're more right than the coach was, in this case.

Why is no one bringing up the fact that Tuel reinjured that collarbone because he was rushed in early by Wulff against Oregon State.

Here's the history of QB health under Wulff we have..

2008 - Gary Rogers fractured lowers back Lopina - Fractured Back against Portland State
The Lobster injured with a knee injury
2010 - Tuel out knee injury Arizona
2009 - I don't remember but I there were some.
2012 Tuel Sick..put in against an FCS team up 14-0 gets collarbone injury...rushed back early gets injured again. Collarbone / Bizarre Calf Injury
Halliday - Liver lacerated

Overall more QBs were injured under Wulff in a 4 year span than any other coach that I know of. He is ultimately to blame, whether it be rushing people back who aren't healed, recruiting poorly at the offensive line, or coaching for the offensive line. His decisions put the health of his players at risk more so than others, and he as the head man is to blame for that.

You don't have 6 QBs knocked out in 4 years several multiple times without something seriously wrong.

Why is no one bringing up the fact that Tuel reinjured that collarbone because he was rushed in early by Wulff against Oregon State.

2008 - Gary Rogers fractured lowers back Lopina - Fractured Back against Portland State
2012 Tuel Sick..put in against an FCS team up 14-0 gets collarbone injury...rushed back early gets injured again. Collarbone / Bizarre Calf Injury

Overall more QBs were injured under Wulff in a 4 year span than any other coach that I know of. He is ultimately to blame, whether it be rushing people back who aren't healed, recruiting poorly at the offensive line, or coaching for the offensive line. His decisions put the health of his players at risk more so than others, and he as the head man is to blame for that.

You don't have 6 QBs knocked out in 4 years several multiple times without something seriously wrong.

I had forgotten Wulff forced him to play too soon after he broke the collarbone.

Because he was medically cleared, so it can't be Wulff's fault!

And he returned against Stanford, and took a beating.

You're proving yourself a fool. Again.
Not really. Haven't looked all that hard.

Do you believe Leach would do it if presented the exact same scenario, early in the game, a starter felt good enough to play, and despite playing a lower level team?

Leach doesn't like changing up his QB situation, so I suspect he'd let the guy that started play until it was garbage time, then put the 3rd stringer in.

Actually Ed, you are trying to turn this into a Wulff v. Leach thing. I believe the rest of us recognize Wulff made an error. He made a l of mistakes because he was a bad coach. Or at least greatly overwhelmed as a head coach at a Pac-12 school.

You're proving yourself a fool. Again.

Leach doesn't like changing up his QB situation, so I suspect he'd let the guy that started play until it was garbage time, then put the 3rd stringer in.
You're not qualified to judge anyone as a fool

Do tell your algorithm that proves that the flu causes injuries, however.

BTW, when I mention people here that have never played a down of football, you are high on that list.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT