ADVERTISEMENT

Luani

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
will not be charged with anything. This quote tells quite a tale.
CtTslbiUAAAPXP4.jpg:small

Even without my crimson colored glasses this is the correct decision regarding Luani. In a 4 on 1 situation, I'm still stumped why none of the 4 were brought up on charges just like Luani. Seems like if 1 gets charged then they all should have from the video. If not the other 4 then don't charge Luani.

This is a really bad look for WSU and Pullman.

This rather confirms the opinion that I had reached after reading the reports and statements. Glad to hear that Shalom is cleared.

I believe that Leach would be well served to install a midnight curfew starting with the Fall camp's opening and extending until the end of the season. Too many players wandering around after midnight. Very few things that happen after midnight turn out well.

The other four guys should have been charged with assault. All of this information was known prior to Luani being arrested. Why did it take this long to come up with this decision?. One wonders if the Pullman police should be charged with a civil rights violation? Are the Pullman PD being protected?One wonders if the Evergreen will now make retractions and issue an apology? Somehow,people have jumped to conclusions and taken up the charge. One wonders how the other football players will do in a court of law? There are many posters here who have publicly condemned them and have already convicted them. One wonders if they will continue to lead the charge? I also wonder if they are frat brothers trying to steamroller individuals in public opinion before all purported charges are proven?Leach was absolutely right on this "case".

For a pizza he had to wait for 2 hours over and never got… completely insane. I'd still like to be the fly on the wall to see how the business was handling this. The first domino to fall in this incident wasn't Luani or this group of idiots. It was the business… What the hell was going on there?! What was the person at the counter saying/doing? Why wasn't Luani just given a pizza right away, after the 40 minute mark? Don't they have some sort of stupid "guarantee" where the pizza is free if it takes longer than 20 minutes? Stuff like that.

There certainly seems to be more to this story, we'll just never know it.

Reactions: froropmkr72
For a pizza he had to wait for 2 hours over and never got… completely insane. I'd still like to be the fly on the wall to see how the business was handling this. The first domino to fall in this incident wasn't Luani or this group of idiots. It was the business… What the hell was going on there?! What was the person at the counter saying/doing? Why wasn't Luani just given a pizza right away, after the 40 minute mark? Don't they have some sort of stupid "guarantee" where the pizza is free if it takes longer than 20 minutes? Stuff like that.

There certainly seems to be more to this story, we'll just never know it.

They don't honor that in Pullman.

They don't honor that in Pullman.
Awesome. Regardless, if it was a restaurant, and someone had to wait that long and still never get served, there would have been apology after apology, free dinner, free drinks… SOMETHING… In this instance?

Awesome. Regardless, if it was a restaurant, and someone had to wait that long and still never get served, there would have been apology after apology, free dinner, free drinks… SOMETHING… In this instance?
I'm with you. But I've found that at chain restaurants everywhere, the management is so poorly trained in customer service that this almost never happens, no matter how bad the service. And in my memories of Pullman, and in other college towns (a particularly bad case in Corvallis), they are staffed by students or new grads who lack the experience to handle these situations. I read a quote somewhere that said that businesses should never try to compete only on price. Compete on features, quality, and/or service. Since fast-food is never a quality prospect with a good selection, their only option is service. And it seems they fail every single time.

I'm thinking that's the case with the Pullman Domino's. It was some young kid assigned the night shift. He/she is inexperienced. The whole situation could have been diffused earlier by a good dose of customer service. I'm not excusing Luani or anyone else losing their cool. But it probably would never have escalated if handled better earlier.

The other four guys should have been charged with assault. All of this information was known prior to Luani being arrested. Why did it take this long to come up with this decision?. One wonders if the Pullman police should be charged with a civil rights violation? Are the Pullman PD being protected?One wonders if the Evergreen will now make retractions and issue an apology? Somehow,people have jumped to conclusions and taken up the charge. One wonders how the other football players will do in a court of law? There are many posters here who have publicly condemned them and have already convicted them. One wonders if they will continue to lead the charge? I also wonder if they are frat brothers trying to steamroller individuals in public opinion before all purported charges are proven?Leach was absolutely right on this "case".

Well, front page news in the Spokesman and Seattle Times. Now all we need is to see it on ESPN. But, WSU still loses either way. The truth proves that the police are liars and athlete targeters. The untruth is that CML recruits and coddles criminals and thugs. Either way, it hurts our rep.

I hope that Moos has a little chat with the police chief about his officers lies.

Well, front page news in the Spokesman and Seattle Times. Now all we need is to see it on ESPN. But, WSU still loses either way. The truth proves that the police are liars and athlete targeters. The untruth is that CML recruits and coddles criminals and thugs. Either way, it hurts our rep.

I hope that Moos has a little chat with the police chief about his officers lies.
Moos or Glen Johnson? Glen might have a bit more weight and credibility.

But at the face, this incident sure doesn't feel right. Why charges were brought, is beyond me. Could someone with more legal insight help me here… Why were charges brought so quickly? Couldn't police NOT charge, investigate, interview and then they can decide if there was enough evidence? Or is it truly just a blanket thing of, "Hey a kid got in a fight with another kid and the kid that was hurt more must be the victim so we're going to charge the other kid and let the DA or prosecutor unravel the spaghetti." ?

When it's 4 v 1, Usually it's the 4 that are going after the 1.

Very rarely do you see a 1 going after 4. Or 1 going after 1...
if they are cut and trained like Luani.

More than likely they knew who he was, and bottom line. If it was any smart human being they wouldn't have tried to go after him alone. But a mob mentality then they think. "Yeah I can get him it's 4v1". Then you get your nose broken and you cry to the cops.

Moral of the story. - Pizza isn't worth fighting over.
Doesn't matter if you have 4 friends. Don't go and try and fight a guy whose sole purpose is to dish out punishment for his education.

Even without my crimson colored glasses this is the correct decision regarding Luani. In a 4 on 1 situation, I'm still stumped why none of the 4 were brought up on charges just like Luani. Seems like if 1 gets charged then they all should have from the video. If not the other 4 then don't charge Luani.

Which will soon be forgotten in the long run. Look at the uw, they had much, much worse things that occurred under James, Lambright and Neuheisel. Sark was a drunk. Seattle is still known as a great city and bad coaches are the only thing that has slowed the uw program, not bad publicity.

I could name a lot of other cities as well. This will blow over.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Not a lot needs to be said fellas...

I'm young enough to have endured that specific line for pizza on many a nights.

Yes, it can get hectic for the staff. On weekends from pretty much 12am to close (on average) there is a line out the door for pizza, the place is a zoo. A lot of the patrons are juiced (drunk with high energy) or simply sloppy drunk, and everyone is bitching about their wait.

Things get out of hand fairly quickly and at times at no fault of the staff.

Just saying....

Here is what the scrum inside looked like, prior to the fight outside.

Weird, its exactly how I imagined it.

Luani - Annoying drunk moron. Not being an angel, but not committing any crimes either. Just being sloppy.

Bros - Tough guyz being tough guyz. Have seen this crap countless times at Mike's (Stubblefields, Rabbit Hole, etc...), it gets old fast.

Weird, its exactly how I imagined it.

Luani - Annoying drunk moron. Not being an angel, but not committing any crimes either. Just being sloppy.

Bros - Tough guyz being tough guyz. Have seen this crap countless times at Mike's (Stubblefields, Rabbit Hole, etc...), it gets old fast.

Interesting.

Watch at the .18 sec mark the guy in the bandana start pointing at Laniua (player). Those guys really thought that with their numbers (4 ON 1) that they could rock and roll , glad the player stood up for himself.

Yes the other guys went after him and he broke the guys nose. It appears that the other guy was being the moron and picking the altercation. If he had kept his mouth shut,we would not be looking at the video today.It appears that Luani was leaving when the altercation happened.Evidently the prosecutor saw it the same way.The other guys should be prosecuted and the Pullman PD probably needs to be visited by a federal Civil Rights Investigator.

Reactions: longtimecoug
Interesting.

Watch at the .18 sec mark the guy in the bandana start pointing at Laniua (player). Those guys really thought that with their numbers (4 ON 1) that they could rock and roll , glad the player stood up for himself.
Are you serious? A drunk was being asked to leave. The guy who Luani punched in the face was simply helping him out. That is how drunks are ushered out.

Are you serious? A drunk was being asked to leave. The guy who Luani punched in the face was simply helping him out. That is how drunks are ushered out.
No. No one lays hands on another. That idiot (I'll call him the drunk idiot bandana boy just for fun) could have helped out in so many ways without telling Luani to "get the F**k out" multiple times and shoving him out the door. He was so aggressive, a young woman was trying to get the drunk idiot bandana boy, to ease up. Notice how she grabs drunk idiot bandana boys arm? I did. Drunk idiot bandana boy got what he deserved. Don't grab people, don't shove people, don't lay hands on anyone, unless you want a broken nose.

If you want to go so far as to helping the business "usher him out", as if helping the business out… it wasn't their business, they didn't know the situation, they didn't know anything. To "come to the rescue" of the business without knowing the situation is not smart. Luani had been there for 2 hours. Did any one of those people know that? Did they know anything the checker had said to Luani prior? Or what Luani had said prior? They knew nothing. They shouldn't stick their nose into a situation without knowing whom was in the right, whom was in the wrong. Luani very well could have left without incident. This drunk idiot bandana boy caused this, with his buddies. No question.

No. No one lays hands on another. That idiot (I'll call him the drunk idiot bandana boy just for fun) could have helped out in so many ways without telling Luani to "get the F**k out" multiple times and shoving him out the door. He was so aggressive, a young woman was trying to get the drunk idiot bandana boy, to ease up. Notice how she grabs drunk idiot bandana boys arm? I did. Drunk idiot bandana boy got what he deserved. Don't grab people, don't shove people, don't lay hands on anyone, unless you want a broken nose.

If you want to go so far as to helping the business "usher him out", as if helping the business out… it wasn't their business, they didn't know the situation, they didn't know anything. To "come to the rescue" of the business without knowing the situation is not smart. Luani had been there for 2 hours. Did any one of those people know that? Did they know anything the checker had said to Luani prior? Or what Luani had said prior? They knew nothing. They shouldn't stick their nose into a situation without knowing whom was in the right, whom was in the wrong. Luani very well could have left without incident. This drunk idiot bandana boy caused this, with his buddies. No question.
Good grief...Luani the victim. And yes it is their business. It is their community and this drunk a hole is making an a$$ of himself. Yes, that is exactly that the athletic department is looking for.

Hey, glad he wasn't charged, glad he was punished for the one game, and I hope his lesson was learned. But being drunk and belligerent and you will be asked to leave. And Banana boy was pointing the way out of the door.

Hard to tell completely what went down even after watching the video. No audio and probably unable to discern exactly what was being said even if there were audio. Luani was obviously being asked or demanded to leave but in what terms? GTFO or "Go back to the dorm and sleep it off, buddy."?. Bandana boy seemed to be helping him out relatively nicely but did he laugh at Luani while or after doing so? Agree with Ed that Shalom made a foolish laughingstock of himself. Also agree with the county prosecutor that no jury could come to any conclusion even after viewing the video and listening to the disparate testimony of witnesses. And go along with most of the other posters that this is a molehill not a mountain nor worth the county's attention and expenditure.

One thing that struck me was how unsteady on his feet Luani was. If he had really been there two hours- which I find dubious- then what was he like when he entered? I hope that Salave'a has access to this video, calls Shalom into his office and shows him what a jackass he made of himself. All water over the dam now but hopefully a learning experience for Shalom.

Sadly I came to the same conclusion as loyal coug. Pullman ends up looking bad either way.

Good grief...Luani the victim. And yes it is their business. It is their community and this drunk a hole is making an a$$ of himself. Yes, that is exactly that the athletic department is looking for.

Hey, glad he wasn't charged, glad he was punished for the one game, and I hope his lesson was learned. But being drunk and belligerent and you will be asked to leave. And Banana boy was pointing the way out of the door.
Ed, I don't know whether Luani was a 'victim' per se but 4 guys ended up going after him. From the video it appears multiple people were putting their hands on him first. It's been awhile since my college 'what is assault' orientation but when someone puts their hands on you first, pushing, etc. then crying assault is ridiculous. When it's 4 on 1 and the 1 ends up on the ground getting at minimum his shirt ripped off and head knocked into a car the 4 should have been charged with assault.

I'm not saying Luani was an angel but to dismiss the actions of the others as you seemed to have here doesn't make sense to me either.

Reactions: Coug1990

You are absolutely ridiculous. You made up your mind before the video was even released. A few weeks ago you even alluded/implied that it was employees he fought.

Get off your moral high horse. You are so out of left field it is disgusting.

I might buy that if the video only started with the ushering out part, but as I posted you see early on, the bandana guy and the guy in front of Launi , were a "team" . He clearly gestured at the guy which started the pushing. Random people are not synced up like those 2 were. Not saying that they went in there looking for trouble, but they clearly were ready to "team up " to show the player they were the ones in charge.

But you are right the player should never been in that position in the first place. However once it got rolling it is easy to see how he would think that he was being ganged up on , because in fact he was.

You are absolutely ridiculous. You made up your mind before the video was even released. A few weeks ago you even alluded/implied that it was employees he fought.

Get off your moral high horse. You are so out of left field it is disgusting.

Yeah, I'm with CP and Ping on this. Ed, I think sometimes you just say stupid s#1+ to start fights on here. As Ping said, the two guys were together. And watch how 4-5 guys pile out the door after Luani. They were all in on it for whatever reason.

Reactions: Coug1990
Yeah, I'm with CP and Ping on this. Ed, I think sometimes you just say stupid s#1+ to start fights on here. As Ping said, the two guys were together. And watch how 4-5 guys pile out the door after Luani. They were all in on it for whatever reason.

I've seen this so many freakin times. Ed is so culturally out of the loop with young people.

I've been at Mikes and accidently scruffed a Bros air force ones (for Ed, those are pearly white Nikes) when passing by a group one time. Him and his goons rolled up on me to pick a fight.... Over shoes... On camera it would have looked almost exactly like the luani video...

That crap is so damn common. I'm sorry. I can't tolerate crap opinions like that.

Hard to tell completely what went down even after watching the video. No audio and probably unable to discern exactly what was being said even if there were audio. Luani was obviously being asked or demanded to leave but in what terms? GTFO or "Go back to the dorm and sleep it off, buddy."?. Bandana boy seemed to be helping him out relatively nicely but did he laugh at Luani while or after doing so? Agree with Ed that Shalom made a foolish laughingstock of himself. Also agree with the county prosecutor that no jury could come to any conclusion even after viewing the video and listening to the disparate testimony of witnesses. And go along with most of the other posters that this is a molehill not a mountain nor worth the county's attention and expenditure.

One thing that struck me was how unsteady on his feet Luani was. If he had really been there two hours- which I find dubious- then what was he like when he entered? I hope that Salave'a has access to this video, calls Shalom into his office and shows him what a jackass he made of himself. All water over the dam now but hopefully a learning experience for Shalom.
Stephanie Loh has the transcript AND PDF of the incident report and it gives the verbal action the drunk idiot bandana boy said. "Get the F**k out" is a literal quote. He even admits, to the police, that he was aggressive towards Luani… Also realize, Luani was Concussed due to this event. The forceful slamming into a car apparently gave him a concussion. ALSO, the guy with a broken nose can't even identify Luani as the person that punched him! Ed doesn't know what he's talking about… again.

Here is what Stephanie Loh has:
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ougars-db-shalom-luanis-alleged-assault-case/

Last edited:
Stephanie Loh has the transcript AND PDF of the incident report and it gives the verbal action the drunk idiot bandana boy said. "Get the F**k out" is a literal quote. He even admits, to the police, that he was aggressive towards Luani… Also realize, Luani was Concussed due to this event. The forceful slamming into a car apparently gave him a concussion. ALSO, the guy with a broken nose can't even identify Luani as the person that punched him! Ed doesn't know what he's talking about… again.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ougars-db-shalom-luanis-alleged-assault-case/
O.K., man2, thanks. That clarifies it a bit in a way, lots of drunk kids with lots of FUs and GTFOs. In other words a 2am cluster. Rather what I expected.

I only read the first 6 or 7 pages, but the first two officers report that the guy with the broken nose said he didn't know who hit him, but he thought it was Luani. I don't see any way cops can recommend charges when not even the victim can say who hit him. That goes way beyond reasonable doubt.

This should all be much ado. That said, Luani has to realize he's got more to lose in this situation than these D Bags standing in line at dominoes with mommy and daddy's money trying to show off for their girlfriends. I would want to kick the crap out of these punks too, but I have more to lose than them as well so my policy is to walk away...and remind them as I walk away that they are lucky I've got more to lose than they do.

Crappy situation all around, and unfortunate Luani dudnt keep his cool. What I wouldn't give to get 30 seconds in a dark ally with each of those little turds though. Grrr....

4 on 1? shirt torn off and Luani was the instigator? those guys were looking for action and the pussy found it with his nose, to top it off he stated that he didn't even know who hit himj. those 4 should be charged, oh that's right they aren't black football players

All I gotta say is that even though I agree that Luani doesn't deserve to get charged for assault, taking a potshot at bandanna boy the way that he did was a total bitch move and Luani deserved to be suspended for a game and get a concussion just for being a drunk asshole. You can argue that Bandanna boy probably should have minded his own business, but having been around drunk assholes a lot in my life when I was younger, there was nothing wrong with a group of people saying, "GTFO" to someone without taking a punch in the face.

All I gotta say is that even though I agree that Luani doesn't deserve to get charged for assault, taking a potshot at bandanna boy the way that he did was a total bitch move and Luani deserved to be suspended for a game and get a concussion just for being a drunk asshole. You can argue that Bandanna boy probably should have minded his own business, but having been around drunk assholes a lot in my life when I was younger, there was nothing wrong with a group of people saying, "GTFO" to someone without taking a punch in the face.

That's fine until the grabbing and pushing starts.... "You" aren't a bouncer and "you" don't work there.

Telling someone to calm down and to please leave is one thing, yelling GTFO and pushing/grabbing a dude is another....

Flat, something to also consider… all he was doing was asking for a refund for the pizza at the time of the surveillance video above… Yeah… He'd already paid for a 2 hour pizza(s). They said NO to the refund. Then they were telling (yelling?) him to leave. This according to the statements in the PDF.

Now we can all take some high road behind the computer and talk about he should just have walked away, he was a "drunk a$$hole" (which I don't see, btw. That is E.D.'s narrative not mine), etc etc but think about a restaurant stiffing us for 2 hours, us paying for it and never taking a bite then being told to leave (being yelled out of the restaurant?) without food or refund. I'm sorry, he probably didn't deal with things the "best" way but I see so much fault ALL around that Luani's "fault" is the least I see.

Personally, I'm proud to call Luani a Coug.

Last edited:
This rather confirms the opinion that I had reached after reading the reports and statements. Glad to hear that Shalom is cleared.

I believe that Leach would be well served to install a midnight curfew starting with the Fall camp's opening and extending until the end of the season. Too many players wandering around after midnight. Very few things that happen after midnight turn out well.
Yes...that is a take-off on the old cop saying: "Nothing good ever happens at 2:00 AM"

One man vs four boys.....

Un-friggin-believable.

Seriously what kind of police work is this ?

On P.12 they clearly state that they talked to a material eye-witness who said that they saw the player jumped. If they were going to file something as serious as felony charges -retain the witness or at minimum gets his ID for further questioning.

From p.21 on the "victim" clearly states that he does want to press charges against the player and actually asks point blank if charges will be pressed against him. The officer assures him that there will no charges against him and proceeds to coerce the guy to press charges against the player.

Termination might be too severe , but some of these police officers clearly need a reprimand or at least some training.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPtheCoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT