ADVERTISEMENT

Luani

I've said it before and I'll say it again......the other guys were wrong too. The difference in our opinion on this comes down to this:

You think that it was ok for Luani to take a shot at Mr. Bandanna because he was pushed and shoved. I don't.

If you think it's ok for Luani to have jacked the dude, I hope that you think it was ok for his friends to go after Luani, because that is just as natural. I think both were wrong. Both were natural responses but that doesn't make it right.
No. This is where you aren't listening/reading.

First off, this whole thread started out with an element of "discovery". Pullman Police sold the public and the papers a load of crap, so many came into this discussion with the idea of, "Are you kidding me?" kind of response.

Second, I don't think it was OK for Luani to take a shot at Mr. Bandana Boy because he was pushed and shoved. But with the potential of OTHER elements that you aren't outlining here, other elements that we don't know, can't hear or can't see… It COULD BE justified. And I'll add it could easily be justified because there are so many elements of this situation we will never be privy to. It's accumulative with all the elements, not just one thing, like you continue to try and push.

But here's the kicker… Now place ALL of this into perspective that this situation was handled VERY badly by the Pullman Police. Luani was, in a way, the victim due to how they handled it. HE took the brunt of this situation for MONTHS. He was dragged through the mud in many ways. His coach has publicly, and angrily, stated that he punished Luani and wished he hadn't done so! So regardless of his shirt being ripped off, regardless of being ganged up on by 4 other guys, regardless of the concussion by being slammed into a parked car… How the police handled this makes him a victim, in my eyes.

THEN, you want to make sure to outline, underline and yell from the rooftops all the aspects this was Luani's fault. Given, in this particular post, you were even handed. But throughout this thread, you've posted all about Luani's faults.

Regardless of your continued assumption(s) that he was "Sloppy drunk" yet we've all outlined there is no way for you to know this. Or this social concept that you think it's OK to put your hands on an agitated stranger in a situation you know nothing about, when clearly the majority of society (those on this board as a sample) has clearly told you it isn't OK. We outline fact after fact on specific points like this and you don't counter these points but you continue to post these emotional assumptions as if you have your fingers in your ears so you don't hear us. You'll always get pushback on this stance you've taken.

No. This is where you aren't listening/reading.

First off, this whole thread started out with an element of "discovery". Pullman Police sold the public and the papers a load of crap, so many came into this discussion with the idea of, "Are you kidding me?" kind of response.

Second, I don't think it was OK for Luani to take a shot at Mr. Bandana Boy because he was pushed and shoved. But with the potential of OTHER elements that you aren't outlining here, other elements that we don't know, can't hear or can't see… It COULD BE justified. And I'll add it could easily be justified because there are so many elements of this situation we will never be privy to. It's accumulative with all the elements, not just one thing, like you continue to try and push.

But here's the kicker… Now place ALL of this into perspective that this situation was handled VERY badly by the Pullman Police. Luani was, in a way, the victim due to how they handled it. HE took the brunt of this situation for MONTHS. He was dragged through the mud in many ways. His coach has publicly, and angrily, stated that he punished Luani and wished he hadn't done so! So regardless of his shirt being ripped off, regardless of being ganged up on by 4 other guys, regardless of the concussion by being slammed into a parked car… How the police handled this makes him a victim, in my eyes.

THEN, you want to make sure to outline, underline and yell from the rooftops all the aspects this was Luani's fault. Given, in this particular post, you were even handed. But throughout this thread, you've posted all about Luani's faults.

Regardless of your continued assumption(s) that he was "Sloppy drunk" yet we've all outlined there is no way for you to know this. Or this social concept that you think it's OK to put your hands on an agitated stranger in a situation you know nothing about, when clearly the majority of society (those on this board as a sample) has clearly told you it isn't OK. We outline fact after fact on specific points like this and you don't counter these points but you continue to post these emotional assumptions as if you have your fingers in your ears so you don't hear us. You'll always get pushback on this stance you've taken.

It's fair enough that you think that other elements might have led to the punch. I don't agree with you but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

FWIW, he hasn't taken the brunt of this for MONTHS. The incident happened on August 24th. The prosecutor said that there would be no charges on September 26th. That's a single month. You bitch to me about perspective and bias but you don't mind exaggerating for effect when it suits you.

Whether or not you agree with my definition of sucker punch and whether or not you like the way that the Pullman PD handled this situation, I hope that our football players look at what happened with Luani and realize that if they ever act like he did that night, they are just as likely to make the news. Luani and our players need to hold themselves accountable and not try to blame others when they put themselves in the position to have a problem in the first place. That's the bottom line here. Pullman PD sucks in how they handle things, but Luani could've stumbled outside and went home without further incident that night but he made the choice to punch someone and it went south from there.

It's fair enough that you think that other elements might have led to the punch. I don't agree with you but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

FWIW, he hasn't taken the brunt of this for MONTHS. The incident happened on August 24th. The prosecutor said that there would be no charges on September 26th. That's a single month. You bitch to me about perspective and bias but you don't mind exaggerating for effect when it suits you.

Whether or not you agree with my definition of sucker punch and whether or not you like the way that the Pullman PD handled this situation, I hope that our football players look at what happened with Luani and realize that if they ever act like he did that night, they are just as likely to make the news. Luani and our players need to hold themselves accountable and not try to blame others when they put themselves in the position to have a problem in the first place. That's the bottom line here. Pullman PD sucks in how they handle things, but Luani could've stumbled outside and went home without further incident that night but he made the choice to punch someone and it went south from there.
I think the one way you and I can agree is above highlighted… I think the hardest part for so many is what was also leading up to this incident and it goes to this point. Pullman Police don't just arrest or cite someone in Pullman. It becomes state news. When the exact situation wouldn't even be noticed, let alone someone get arrested or cited, if at the UW or anywhere else. To me, this is a situation that needs to get resolved. And it goes to that article that was floating around all summer about WSU leading the nation in arrests. Complete bunk and a horrible vision for Pullman. Not saying cops shouldn't do their job… Maybe the press needs to find a way to lay off the gas pedal on some of this stuff… I don't know but this portion of it is bad.

Another point: Your thing about "Luani could have stumbled outside and went home…" again you have to dig on this concept he's a drunk, bumbling lush, don't you… no facts to back that assertion up… anyways… to me that's where the rubber meets the road. So a 22 year old can't have, lets say 2 drinks and walk over to Domino's to get a pizza… and when a group of people literally man-handle him out the door, ganging up, yelling, laughing at him and cussing him out while a business is literally stealing from him… and he should just take the humble pie? That's asking a lot. I get what you are saying but that's asking more than I think many guys could handle. I get the "higher standard" for our athletes. But this is right on the edge of, "you gotta be kidding me". And yet if the players hide away, they're snobs to many. But they are asked to go out into the campus and be a normal kid, do the PR thing or just be a "student", but then this stuff happens just when trying to get a pizza? That's really placing them in an odd spot, IMO. Just my view on the overall situation.

Regarding the "MONTHS". Point taken.

I think the one way you and I can agree is above highlighted… I think the hardest part for so many is what was also leading up to this incident and it goes to this point. Pullman Police don't just arrest or cite someone in Pullman. It becomes state news. When the exact situation wouldn't even be noticed, let alone someone get arrested or cited, if at the UW or anywhere else. To me, this is a situation that needs to get resolved. And it goes to that article that was floating around all summer about WSU leading the nation in arrests. Complete bunk and a horrible vision for Pullman. Not saying cops shouldn't do their job… Maybe the press needs to find a way to lay off the gas pedal on some of this stuff… I don't know but this portion of it is bad.

Another point: Your thing about "Luani could have stumbled outside and went home…" again you have to dig on this concept he's a drunk, bumbling lush, don't you… no facts to back that assertion up… anyways… to me that's where the rubber meets the road. So a 22 year old can't have, lets say 2 drinks and walk over to Domino's to get a pizza… and when a group of people literally man-handle him out the door, ganging up, yelling, laughing at him and cussing him out while a business is literally stealing from him… and he should just take the humble pie? That's asking a lot. I get what you are saying but that's asking more than I think many guys could handle. I get the "higher standard" for our athletes. But this is right on the edge of, "you gotta be kidding me". And yet if the players hide away, they're snobs to many. But they are asked to go out into the campus and be a normal kid, do the PR thing or just be a "student", but then this stuff happens just when trying to get a pizza? That's really placing them in an odd spot, IMO. Just my view on the overall situation.

Ok, I gotta chime in here. On the video, 4-6 guys went rushing out the door after Luani. Ya think they got outside and offered to call him a cab? No, they went outside to gang up on him. You (Flatland) act like Luani went after these guys and sucker punched bandanna boy? Those guys were outside because they went after Luani. None of them had any reason to go outside, except maybe bandanna boy - and if he was that stupid he deserved to get punched. So Luani was attacked outside by a gang of punks, and he defended himself. What part of that doesn't everyone understand?

Ok, I gotta chime in here. On the video, 4-6 guys went rushing out the door after Luani. Ya think they got outside and offered to call him a cab? No, they went outside to gang up on him. You (Flatland) act like Luani went after these guys and sucker punched bandanna boy? Those guys were outside because they went after Luani. None of them had any reason to go outside, except maybe bandanna boy - and if he was that stupid he deserved to get punched. So Luani was attacked outside by a gang of punks, and he defended himself. What part of that doesn't everyone understand?

Did you even watch the video? Watch it again. 9 seconds into the video, Luani says something to the dude in the black shirt and the guy glances his way like he could care less what's going on. At 0:16, Mr. Blackshirt looks back at bandanna boy and says something along the lines of "Can you believe this guy?" There is no anger, no malice at all. Everyone is smiling (except Luani). Immediately after that, Luani says something to someone off screen that causes the guy in the black shirt to say something along the lines of "Dude you need to get the f____ out of here". Mr. Blackshirt and another guy in a blue shirt start pushing Luani towards the door. The mood doesn't appear overtly hostile, just a group of people ushering someone to the door.

Luani stumbles into the wall while being pushed and honestly, he's handling himself pretty well considering that he's being pushed. When he notices bandanna boy, Luani says something about "WTF are you doing touching me" and bandanna boy realizes that he's messing with a dude a lot bigger than him and pulls his hand back. He's still holding the door open though and says, "GTFO" or words to that effect. The other guys have stopped and are just standing there watching at that point. They aren't pushing him out the door or acting aggressive at all. It's obvious that they think that Luani is going to leave. As Luani goes through the door, Mr. Bandanna guy has a smile on his face and thinks that he's cool dude for defusing the situation and getting Luani to leave. There wasn't four guys pushing on Luani to run him outside so that they could kick his ass. It was just a bunch of bros thinking that they were doing a community service.

Unfortunately, at 0:31, words are exchanged between Luani and bandanna boy. Luani immediately takes a swipe at him. That's when six guys (including bandanna boy and Mr. Black) rush outside after Luani and, from the reports, four of them fought with him. In all honesty, something that bandanna boy said must have triggered Luani to get him to take a shot at him. I walk through life thinking that you can work things out verbally and that you don't need to go around hitting people in the face. Others here think that isn't the case and sometimes, I guess a bro in a bandanna deserves a punch in the face.

For you loyal, how can you be pissed at the guys for going after Luani but not be mad about the punch? When you watch the video, none of these guys gave one crap about Luani until something was said by Luani about 0:18 into the video. There's a lot of talk about how bandanna boy should have kept his mouth shut, but shouldn't that apply to Luani as well? When you watch the video, does it really look like these guys started out with the intent to take Luani out into the parking lot and kick his ass? Finally, if you and five friends were there that night and a guy punched one of your friends who was standing at the door telling what they perceived as an asshole to leave, would you have told your friend that he had it coming or would you have jumped in?

There's obviously a lot of blame to go around here. At the end of the day, everyone involved probably should have gotten a ride to the police station and given a lecture about drinking, disorderly conduct and assault. They should have all been told that this was their one get out of jail free card and that they were in the system now. Any future crap and they would throw the book at them. Pullman PD screwed that up royally and made a dumb situation worse. That doesn't excuse Luani's role in this and he (and our entire team) needs to be better than he was that night.

Did you even watch the video? Watch it again. 9 seconds into the video, Luani says something to the dude in the black shirt and the guy glances his way like he could care less what's going on. At 0:16, Mr. Blackshirt looks back at bandanna boy and says something along the lines of "Can you believe this guy?" There is no anger, no malice at all. Everyone is smiling (except Luani). Immediately after that, Luani says something to someone off screen that causes the guy in the black shirt to say something along the lines of "Dude you need to get the f____ out of here". Mr. Blackshirt and another guy in a blue shirt start pushing Luani towards the door. The mood doesn't appear overtly hostile, just a group of people ushering someone to the door.

Luani stumbles into the wall while being pushed and honestly, he's handling himself pretty well considering that he's being pushed. When he notices bandanna boy, Luani says something about "WTF are you doing touching me" and bandanna boy realizes that he's messing with a dude a lot bigger than him and pulls his hand back. He's still holding the door open though and says, "GTFO" or words to that effect. The other guys have stopped and are just standing there watching at that point. They aren't pushing him out the door or acting aggressive at all. It's obvious that they think that Luani is going to leave. As Luani goes through the door, Mr. Bandanna guy has a smile on his face and thinks that he's cool dude for defusing the situation and getting Luani to leave. There wasn't four guys pushing on Luani to run him outside so that they could kick his ass. It was just a bunch of bros thinking that they were doing a community service.

Unfortunately, at 0:31, words are exchanged between Luani and bandanna boy. Luani immediately takes a swipe at him. That's when six guys (including bandanna boy and Mr. Black) rush outside after Luani and, from the reports, four of them fought with him. In all honesty, something that bandanna boy said must have triggered Luani to get him to take a shot at him. I walk through life thinking that you can work things out verbally and that you don't need to go around hitting people in the face. Others here think that isn't the case and sometimes, I guess a bro in a bandanna deserves a punch in the face.

For you loyal, how can you be pissed at the guys for going after Luani but not be mad about the punch? When you watch the video, none of these guys gave one crap about Luani until something was said by Luani about 0:18 into the video. There's a lot of talk about how bandanna boy should have kept his mouth shut, but shouldn't that apply to Luani as well? When you watch the video, does it really look like these guys started out with the intent to take Luani out into the parking lot and kick his ass? Finally, if you and five friends were there that night and a guy punched one of your friends who was standing at the door telling what they perceived as an asshole to leave, would you have told your friend that he had it coming or would you have jumped in?

There's obviously a lot of blame to go around here. At the end of the day, everyone involved probably should have gotten a ride to the police station and given a lecture about drinking, disorderly conduct and assault. They should have all been told that this was their one get out of jail free card and that they were in the system now. Any future crap and they would throw the book at them. Pullman PD screwed that up royally and made a dumb situation worse. That doesn't excuse Luani's role in this and he (and our entire team) needs to be better than he was that night.
So here is where your emotional assumptions are playing. Other than the obvious "FU's" that are easy to read their mouth, you don't know squat what was said in there. You don't know if someone off camera was lying about Luani or any other possibility. THIS is where you will always get pushback. And your assumption that Luani is in the wrong based strictly on HIS actions, not anyone else's, is the whooooole problem here.

95...that is exactly why they are held to a higher standard. Because it will always make the news. Even if I think Luani has ZERO culpability in the matter, and for whatever reason I felt he was perfectly justified for hitting bandana boy in the face, other people like moms are looking at it and saying "we have now seen two videos where the football player punched, struck a student-what is going on there?". Personally the smart move would have been to walk out without his pizza, which he clearly didn't get and he clearly didn't get his refund, and work that problem the following day. If you think his manhood, pride, feeling threatened meant more than the Eastern game, then we are further apart than I thought.

Why did they go outside? To see if there was a Uber driver to pick him up?

I thought we already covered this. They wanted his autograph....

So, your argument is that he should have a higher tipping point than the average student?

You still don't know what was said and the entirety of what happened and if the reaction you saw was reasonable based on that.
Hell yes he should have a much higher tipping point. Here is what we know. Bandana boy is a douche. All schools have a douche. The guy in front of Luani had a sweat band on. That is what we know about him. Say Luani was CougEd. The only thing the general public would know is some guy is being shown the door. People will ask "Why did he (Couged) smack bandana boy? That is the story of the video if it is simply the video that gets out. No one cares who bandana boy or sweatband boy is. They don't represent the school in front of 100k people who may tune in and watch a game. It is part of the territory.

Just as Moos can't go out to the Coug and get hammered. Just as a CEO cant go around having pictures taken while he is drinking with his closest friends. Goes with the territory.

Last edited:
Ed, we do agree that you live in a different world. I think most of us agree with you on that. You have clearly staked out a position that the majority of this was the fault of Luani. You have stated that he was drunk and being escorted out.

At time that this occurred, do you think that the four students may have been drunk as well? Why do you think it is OK for those four students to try to escort Luani out? Why do you think it is OK for them to put their hands upon another person? Why do you think it is OK for them to cuss at another person?

1990 nice try. If Luani wasn't drunk once the guy in front of him put his hands on him he would have pushed back. I watched a video where the only person causing a public scene...look at the kid in the middle, he clearly is watching something happening to his right. He is looking right at Luani and the person to Luani's right. I have zero problem if someone is intoxicated and making a scene helping him out of the place. None. The guy in front of him would have been much smarter to handle it actually like bandana boy and put a hand on his elbow and escort him that way. Again, Luani could have stood up for himself the moment sweatband boy put his hands on him. And then sweatband boy calls the police with a cell---then let the police deal with it.

If your argument is that it is unfair that the four kids are not charged and Luani was, I totally agree. Luani because of who he is, how he represents the university of course he is held to a higher standard. He should have left. Period. The rationale he had to wait for his pizza doesn't work. Get your money back the following day, assuming there was an order and that he did pay.

Flatland: you tell a good story and have a nice way with a narrative.....fun read. Sounds like an Oliver Stone screenplay.....Who do you have in mind to play these parts?

1990 nice try. If Luani wasn't drunk once the guy in front of him put his hands on him he would have pushed back. I watched a video where the only person causing a public scene...look at the kid in the middle, he clearly is watching something happening to his right. He is looking right at Luani and the person to Luani's right. I have zero problem if someone is intoxicated and making a scene helping him out of the place. None. The guy in front of him would have been much smarter to handle it actually like bandana boy and put a hand on his elbow and escort him that way. Again, Luani could have stood up for himself the moment sweatband boy put his hands on him. And then sweatband boy calls the police with a cell---then let the police deal with it.

If your argument is that it is unfair that the four kids are not charged and Luani was, I totally agree. Luani because of who he is, how he represents the university of course he is held to a higher standard. He should have left. Period. The rationale he had to wait for his pizza doesn't work. Get your money back the following day, assuming there was an order and that he did pay.
The lesson is, of course, what is ANYONE doing ordering at a friggin Dominos? Bottom of the barrel

Flatland: you tell a good story and have a nice way with a narrative.....fun read. Sounds like an Oliver Stone screenplay.....Who do you have in mind to play these parts?

What's funny is that you all know that it played out just like my narrative, but it's more fun to be disagreeable.

What's funny is that you all know that it played out just like my narrative, but it's more fun to be disagreeable.
There are so many levels of wrong with this statement. Everyone thought they knew what happened before the DA made the announcement of not charging him and the explanation why. No one expected that story. Reality never fits into any narrative, Flat. Not mine, not yours.

The fact you are saying this out loud confirms your ego to think you know what happened inside that business… And might I add, you seem to know what happened during every conversation and encounter for the 2 hours! From the order, from Luani checking on his order throughout that 2 hour span, to the end. And when we have a video that covers, I'm guessing an 8 foot by 10 space (over half of it being empty) for 25 seconds of time within that space… But you know exactly what happened… what ego.

That's the deal that I don't understand. In what world do you people live in where getting hit in the face (regardless of punch, shove, slapped) is just something that you should expect because you touched someone's elbow? You can bitch about Pullman PD all you want, but if Luani was in my town at the local pizza joint and acted like he did in the video, he wouldn't have been charged with felony assault, but he wouldn't have the local prosecutor apologizing for the disorderly conduct or public intoxication citation that he would have definitely received. The only thing that is saving Luani's ass right now is the fact that the four dudes went into the parking lot after him and jacked him up a little bit.

You don't get the right to hit someone in the face just because they said "GTFO" or grabbed your elbow as you were stumbling around like a drunken fool. Again, try to picture this scenario with someone not affiliated with the football team. What if the guy was a dirty homeless dude instead of Luani and people were shoving him out the door and he took a shot at the last guy before he left? Would you be defending him? No. If it was a UW fan in town visiting for the Apple Cup, you'd be furious that he didn't get an assault charge. You complain about police targeting football players but you are demanding special treatment for Luani. I don't think Luani should have been singled out and I think the felony assault charge was a sham, but he deserved to get his ass kicked for hitting Mr. Bandanna in the face and he shouldn't have put himself in the position in the first place.

FWIW, you guys talk of my personal bias, but I have yet to have anyone look at the video and think that Luani should have hit the guy. I've shown it to a half dozen people and just said, "Check this out". Every one of them yelled, "DAMN!" when Luani hit the guy in the face because none of them were expecting that. I guarantee that Mr. Bandanna had no idea that Luani was going to do that. If you aren't expecting to get hit, that's the very definition of a sucker punch. Here's the definition if you haven't seen it before:

sucker punch

That's not personal bias.......it's what Luani did. I do want to reiterate that I agree 100% that the other guys hold a lot of fault with how it played out. The Pullman PD failed by singling out Luani. Since they did arrest Luani, they probably should have arrested the other guys for pushing and shoving Luani in the first place and for piling up on him afterwards. A better course of action would have been to drag all of them down to the station and scare the bejesus out of all of them with a conversation about disorderly conduct, assault and public intoxication. Having a good conversation with someone is better than creating a criminal record (or ignoring that it happened). For some reason, the Pullman police seem to often have the opinion that once they start talking to someone, they can't stop until someone has been cited for something. That's a problem that does need to be solved.

If bandana guy's mouth is writing checks his skinny ass can't back up, then its not a sucker punch. Drunk guys running their mouths to other drunk guys should have every expectation to get smacked in the mouth, doubly so if you put your hands on someone.

That being said, NO ONE knows what was said or to who.

Reactions: Coug1990
1990 nice try. If Luani wasn't drunk once the guy in front of him put his hands on him he would have pushed back. I have no idea what this means. I watched a video where the only person causing a public scene...look at the kid in the middle, he clearly is watching something happening to his right. What though? None of us have any idea. ED , this is not evidence at all. This is one of those areas where you are filling in information that you have ZERO idea. For all we know, there was a cute girl standing over there. In fact, he glances at the blond first. There could have been someone else talking that was standing near Luani, like whomever it was that Luani said "What?" to. You are not looking at this objectively. I have zero problem if someone is intoxicated and making a scene helping him out of the place. What "scene" was Luani making? He was out of the screen. At the bottom of the screen he appears. There is a male in a blue shirt talking to a brunette in a sleeveless shirt. There is a blonde facing the other direction talking to a brunette. There is another brunette in a green shirt talking to another male. What scene are you talking about? None of them are distracted with any scene let alone even look Luani's way.

Then, Luani enters the video at the 9 second mark. He and the male, who also appears to be intoxicated, near the counter talk.

At the 13 second mark, Luani takes a step toward the door. Out of the video, someone says something to Luani. Luani turns around and says "What?" At the 20 second mark, none of the non-involved patrons I described are even aware of Luani. So again ED, what "scene" is Luani making?

In fact, the first time anyone is even aware and look at Luani is when the males lay their hands upon Luani. If you look, at the time that Luani is talking to someone off video is when the male near the counter puts his hands upon Luani. That is not helping out a drunk person making a scene out of the place. That is instigating and escalating.

To me, it also looks as if the person off screen also shoved Luani. Do not know for sure.

It also looks as if everyone in the place had been drinking.

None. The guy in front of him would have been much smarter to handle it actually like bandana boy and put a hand on his elbow and escort him that way. Again, Luani could have stood up for himself the moment sweatband boy put his hands on him. And then sweatband boy calls the police with a cell---then let the police deal with it.

ED, if you put your hands upon another person anywhere, it is an invitation to fight. You take a chance of the other person having a knife or gun. You DO NOT try escort anyone out. You DO try to deescalate a situation by talking things out.

If your argument is that it is unfair that the four kids are not charged and Luani was, I totally agree. My argument is that at least five drunk people made bad decisions. It was not Luani who was causing problems according to the video. The DA even said as much, as he said Mr. Medina instigated the fight. because of who he is, how he represents the university of course he is held to a higher standard. He should have left. Period. The rationale he had to wait for his pizza doesn't work. Get your money back the following day, assuming there was an order and that he did pay. But, this is typical ED. In your own little world.

Last edited:

Perhaps Ed is so f'n drunk ...he no longer knows what the f he said or what (much) smarter arguments they made. ...........bastards!

There are so many levels of wrong with this statement. Everyone thought they knew what happened before the DA made the announcement of not charging him and the explanation why. No one expected that story. Reality never fits into any narrative, Flat. Not mine, not yours.

The fact you are saying this out loud confirms your ego to think you know what happened inside that business… And might I add, you seem to know what happened during every conversation and encounter for the 2 hours! From the order, from Luani checking on his order throughout that 2 hour span, to the end. And when we have a video that covers, I'm guessing an 8 foot by 10 space (over half of it being empty) for 25 seconds of time within that space… But you know exactly what happened… what ego.

FWIW, this isn't about my ego. It's about Luani's ego and the four bros' egos. If they weren't a bunch of hard dicked a-holes (collectively), this wouldn't have been in the news. You talk to me about my ego and arrogance but you are willing to overlook Luani's stupidity and try to proclaim him as a victim because he was harassed for months and months by the mean cops and prosecutor (even if it was about 30 days and the prosecutor probably deserves credit for not rushing to judgment).

Outside of blind fanboys that can't see past their crimson shades, nobody in their right mind watches that video and proclaims Luani to be a victim. You don't punch, slap, poke, hit, tickle or whatever the hell you want to call what Luani did to bandanna boys face without accepting the fact that his friends might kick your ass for doing it. Maybe people in the midwest really are friendlier than people on the coast and feel that telling an angry person to leave is better than jacking someone in the face. Perhaps my bias is that I'm not an asshole who walks through life thinking it's OK to punch everyone that disagrees with me. You might want to think about your own biases while you are flinging your monkey poop around in your glass house.

FWIW, this isn't about my ego. It's about Luani's ego and the four bros' egos. If they weren't a bunch of hard dicked a-holes (collectively), this wouldn't have been in the news. You talk to me about my ego and arrogance but you are willing to overlook Luani's stupidity and try to proclaim him as a victim because he was harassed for months and months by the mean cops and prosecutor (even if it was about 30 days and the prosecutor probably deserves credit for not rushing to judgment).

Outside of blind fanboys that can't see past their crimson shades, nobody in their right mind watches that video and proclaims Luani to be a victim. You don't punch, slap, poke, hit, tickle or whatever the hell you want to call what Luani did to bandanna boys face without accepting the fact that his friends might kick your ass for doing it. Maybe people in the midwest really are friendlier than people on the coast and feel that telling an angry person to leave is better than jacking someone in the face. Perhaps my bias is that I'm not an asshole who walks through life thinking it's OK to punch everyone that disagrees with me. You might want to think about your own biases while you are flinging your monkey poop around in your glass house.

We do look at things differently, as I wrote to ED. You put your hands on most people, you are not going to like their answer. They put their hands upon Luani, FIRST. They escalated the situation, not Luani. I went through the video second by second to ED, you are not seeing what happened. Luani was NOT ranting and raving like some lunatic. He was not yelling like most angry people do. So, why do you think it is OK for someone to put their hands upon him? If your daughter, wife, , son, mother, etc., were at a supermarket, would you want other customers to put their hands on them and begin to push them toward the door for any reason? What would you do if you were just walking up and saw three customers, complete strangers, start pushing your family member to "escort" them out? I am guessing you would be fine with that. Am I right?

No, you may not be an asshole who walks through life thinking it's OK to punch everyone that disagrees with me. No, in this case, you are just an asshole (you kind of just walked into that one).

Last edited:
We do look at things differently, as I wrote to ED. You put your hands on most people, you are not going to like their answer. They put their hands upon Luani, FIRST. I went through the video second by second to ED, you are not seeing what happened. Luani was NOT ranting and raving like some lunatic. He was not yelling like most angry people do.

No, you may not be an asshole who walks through life thinking it's OK to punch everyone that disagrees with me. No, in this case, you are just an asshole (you kind of just walked into that one).

I won't deny that some would say that I'm being an asshole about this, but that doesn't matter to me because I think it's important for people to understand that you don't get to hit people in the face without deserving to get your ass kicked. It doesn't matter that they shoved him towards the door. He was out the door and had the opportunity to leave and chose to turn back and hit the guy in the face. It was a choice he made and he deserved to get his ass kicked for it. If you are ever in that situation and hit someone in the face the way that Luani did, you'll get thrown against a car by four dudes and you'll deserve it too.

I won't deny that some would say that I'm being an asshole about this, but that doesn't matter to me because I think it's important for people to understand that you don't get to hit people in the face without deserving to get your ass kicked. It doesn't matter that they shoved him towards the door. He was out the door and had the opportunity to leave and chose to turn back and hit the guy in the face. It was a choice he made and he deserved to get his ass kicked for it. If you are ever in that situation and hit someone in the face the way that Luani did, you'll get thrown against a car by four dudes and you'll deserve it too.

You didn't answer any of my questions, you just ignored them. Why is that?

Those four fools escalated the situation and so the tensions were higher at that moment. Luani was out the door, the bandana fool should have just let him leave. Instead, he said something that made Luani react. By the way, it was an open hand shove upward to the chin.

Also, he didn't turn back, he was always facing him. Did you even watch the video? Or are you just spouting off to be a contrarian?

Again, it was five drunks doing something stupid. But, as the prosecutor said, bandana boy and his court were the instigators.

Anyway, I am off to the gym. Talk you you later.

Reactions: froropmkr72
You didn't answer any of my questions, you just ignored them. Why is that?

Those four fools escalated the situation and so the tensions were higher at that moment. Luani was out the door, the bandana fool should have just let him leave. Instead, he said something that made Luani react. By the way, it was an open hand shove upward to the chin.

Also, he didn't turn back, he was always facing him. Did you even watch the video? Or are you just spouting off to be a contrarian?

Again, it was five drunks doing something stupid. But, as the prosecutor said, bandana boy and his court were the instigators.

Anyway, I am off to the gym. Talk you you later.

Flat is a jerk man, let it go. At this point he is arguing just to argue.

Flat is a jerk man, let it go. At this point he is arguing just to argue.

I quit posting yesterday morning because I'm bored with this.

I'm an asshole and a jerk for thinking that Luani shouldn't have punched the dude no matter what. You're the asshole who added a post this morning to put it back to the top of the board. If I'm a jerk and an asshole.....yet you won't let it go and keep bringing it up.....what does that make you? An even bigger asshole perhaps?

I'm an asshole and a jerk for thinking that Luani shouldn't have punched the dude no matter what. You're the asshole who added a post this morning to put it back to the top of the board. If I'm a jerk and an asshole.....yet you won't let it go and keep bringing it up.....what does that make you? An even bigger asshole perhaps?

Frankly, I thought you quit posting because you were losing the argument. I asked you questions, you ignored them in an answer then quit posting.

It was NOT a punch. A punch is with a closed fist. Again, did you even watch the video?

It would have been better if Luani had not reacted to several idiots. We agree. But, Luani did not instigate this. I completely understand this from his point of view.

Reactions: Coug95man2
Frankly, I thought you quit posting because you were losing the argument. I asked you questions, you ignored them in an answer then quit posting.

It was NOT a punch. A punch is with a closed fist. Again, did you even watch the video?

It would have been better if Luani had not reacted to several idiots. We agree. But, Luani did not instigate this. I completely understand this from his point of view.

The closed fist part of that is irrelevant. Go into a store, yell until people until they start telling you to leave and then hit someone in the face however you want. See how that goes for you.

By the way, it says a lot about the people on this board that instead of going past this thread and talking about the win.....you feel the need to validate yourselves by trolling in this thread. Talk about the game, it's a better topic.

The closed fist part of that is irrelevant. Go into a store, yell until people until they start telling you to leave and then hit someone in the face however you want. See how that goes for you.

By the way, it says a lot about the people on this board that instead of going past this thread and talking about the win.....you feel the need to validate yourselves by trolling in this thread. Talk about the game, it's a better topic.

It's always someone else's fault..

Btw next time I see you, I'll grab you and shove you out the door. If you hit me it's your fault!!!!!

It's always someone else's fault..

Btw next time I see you, I'll grab you and shove you out the door. If you hit me it's your fault!!!!!

40380141-stop-hypocrisy-having-two-faces-pretending-and-faking-hypocrite-Stock-Photo.jpg

What a baby...

Someone lock this thread, its way over due.

And yet you still keep posting? I quit yesterday morning at 8:30 am. Everyone else left it alone after I decided it wasn't worth responding to Coug1990 anymore.

You didn't.

You say to lock this thread but if you'd just shut your flippin' mouth and move on......it would be gone.

YOU are the sole reason that it's alive still.

Congratulations........you're a hypocrite.

And yet you still keep posting? I quit yesterday morning at 8:30 am. Everyone else left it alone after I decided it wasn't worth responding to Coug1990 anymore.

You didn't.

You say to lock this thread but if you'd just shut your flippin' mouth and move on......it would be gone.

YOU are the sole reason that it's alive still.

Congratulations........you're a hypocrite.
th

Reactions: CPtheCoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT