ADVERTISEMENT

Luani

Why did the guy with the bandana point out Luani to his buddies? To ask for autographs?

You guys really need to take a step back and try to be objective about the whole incident. Mr. Bandanna is obviously a douchebag and was looking to show off what kind of a "man" that he was. Still, when you look at how Luani reacted to the guy, you have to realize that Luani was just as much in the wrong as Mr. Bandanna and probably more so. What if, instead of it being a college aged idiot with a red bandanna, the guy at the door was a 31 year old husband of a pregnant wife that wanted pizza that got popped in the face for saying, "Dude, you need to go home, you are wasted". Grabbing a drunk guy on the elbow while he's stumbling around is not an action that warrants getting punched in the face. Luani was completely in the wrong for punching the dude no matter what. If Luani was a UW player caught on video jacking some douche in a red bandanna in the ewe district, you all would be talking smack about what a thug ass punk the UW player was. You can say you wouldn't, but you know you would.

You guys really need to take a step back and try to be objective about the whole incident. Mr. Bandanna is obviously a douchebag and was looking to show off what kind of a "man" that he was. Still, when you look at how Luani reacted to the guy, you have to realize that Luani was just as much in the wrong as Mr. Bandanna and probably more so. What if, instead of it being a college aged idiot with a red bandanna, the guy at the door was a 31 year old husband of a pregnant wife that wanted pizza that got popped in the face for saying, "Dude, you need to go home, you are wasted". Grabbing a drunk guy on the elbow while he's stumbling around is not an action that warrants getting punched in the face. Luani was completely in the wrong for punching the dude no matter what. If Luani was a UW player caught on video jacking some douche in a red bandanna in the ewe district, you all would be talking smack about what a thug ass punk the UW player was. You can say you wouldn't, but you know you would.

Flat, we get it, but you can't say we all need to look at it objectively and then immediately after dive into your subjective perspective...

Looking at it objectively and just based on facts, reread what the prosecutor wrote...

The purpose of my comment was to highlight the alternate reality that Ed lives in. Looks like you're moving into that neighborhood.

It is subjective on my part to project how you would feel if it was a UW player in a pizza shop punching a guy in the face.......but I'm betting that I'm hitting the nail on the head.

To be fair to Luani (and everyone on this thread), the Pullman PD dropped the ball by singling out Luani and making him out to be the aggressor. He was guilty of being a jerk for punching Mr. Bandanna, but the way that they portrayed the situation was inaccurate and they deserve criticism for that.

It is subjective on my part to project how you would feel if it was a UW player in a pizza shop punching a guy in the face.......but I'm betting that I'm hitting the nail on the head.

To be fair to Luani (and everyone on this thread), the Pullman PD dropped the ball by singling out Luani and making him out to be the aggressor. He was guilty of being a jerk for punching Mr. Bandanna, but the way that they portrayed the situation was inaccurate and they deserve criticism for that.
-It is subjective on your part with "Luani is a drunk @$$ hole". "Drunk"... You don't know how drunk he was. From the get-go, as soon as he was in the picture, he was being shoved around. So if your standard was how he was walking, that would be subjective. If you are basing the "drunk" part due to his language or behavior, that again is subjective. Also realize, he was there for 2 hours… He had to have sobered up a decent amount just due to this timeframe. But you are making it out like he was a sloppy, falling over, belligerent, etc. etc. I don't see that. That is not fact.
-It is subjective on your part with "Luani is a drunk @$$hole". By "@$$hole" you would need to know what others were saying to him and how he was responding. This, IMO, would include what was being said to and by the Domino's employee that obviously started the whole situation. This would also include what all the people were saying in that room. You can notice it wasn't just Luani and Bandana Boy that were talking. Just about everyone in that room was flapping their gums. And because you don't know what is being said throughout the whole situation your "@$$hole" descriptor towards Luani AND the other kids, is completely subjective.
-It is subjective on your part with "Luani is the only drunk @$$hole" and everyone else in Domino's was of clear mind. And thus Luani should be held to a higher standard. Your continued mentality and judgement continues this debate because your continued comments and descriptions on how Luani was the only drunk in the business. You focus on Luani having had a drink but not the others. You actually seem to emphasis this point. You will say the others were bad boys, but then write an entire paragraph on how Luani was the @$$hole.
-It is subjective on your part with "if it was a man with a pregnant woman" that Luani would react the same way. This is just dumb, IMO.
-It is subjective on your part with "it's a cheap shot for Luani to smack the bandana boy" without knowing what was said to Luani. I don't even have to explain that. It's based on your definition of "cheap shot" but to me, without knowing what's being said, in total, throughout the situation, it's impossible to make that judgement. There are so many ways to shed a different light on this situation. Luani was in the footage for roughly 26 seconds total. On the video, Luani and Bandana interacted for roughly 6 seconds. Although Bandana boy had his hands on Luani for almost double that time. Bandana Boy actually reached around the young girl, placing HER in-between Luani and himself in order to start shoving Luani. Obviously he wasn't trying to shove him out the door, he was just shoving. But Luani was being shoved by 2 other people in the business at the time. So without the audio, "cheap shot" is a judgement call without total information… It's almost a cheap shot for you to define Luani this way, without all the facts.

The above are the points we are all trying to point out to you ( I might be missing some) and why you are continuing to get "push back". You refuse to realize most of your statements are subjective with very little basis. Thus your "To be fair to Luani" statement is very odd. You aren't being fair to Luani at all. You are actually being quite the opposite and very judgmental without knowing the facts. I'm not saying we (or maybe just me) know all the facts… But that's the point. You can very legitimately say, "He needs to learn how to avoid these situations." "CML needs to have a midnight curfew because nothing good happens after midnight." things like that. But we are being protective of Luani because he's been wrongly judged throughout this whole situation. You are using the same protocols of judgement that has placed Luani in this situation in the first place. Judging without fact. You and E.D. aren't seeing that.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
You lecture me about subjective......and yet everything that you say in defense of him is just as subjective. So many of the comments on this thread are based on the assumption that others said something or that getting grabbed by the elbow justified Luani punching the dude.

At the end of the day, no matter what you think, there is absolutely nothing in the world that was said to Luani that justified the punch. You just don't go around punching people in the face because you don't like what they say. If you want to test my theory, the next time someone at your job says something that you really don't like, throw a haymaker and knock their asses out. Then......enjoy your unemployment. The next time you are in Seattle for the Apple Cup and the cougs are trailing, get a little drunk and start yelling about how much UW sucks and you are going to take your business elsewhere. If a UW fan is in the stands starts talking smack, go punch him in the face and see how that goes for you. If you say that those examples are different, whose to say that you're not being subjective?

The whole idea that you can start waylaying people because they grabbed you is also entirely subjective. People in this thread point out that the bandanna guy grabbed him and they know plenty of people who got in fights for less. Those same people say that it was wrong for the four guys to go after Luani after he punched their friend. You can't have it both ways. Either Luani was an asshole for punching the guy or it was perfectly acceptable for him to get pummeled after punching the guy. You don't get to pick the line where physical violence is justified. That would be the exact definition of subjective.

If you watch the video, this wasn't a case of poor Luani getting dragged around by a bunch of thugs and throwing a punch to defend himself. The Pullman police suck for how they handled the situation, but casting Luani as a victim who didn't do anything wrong is ignoring the video evidence. If he had been drug outside without throwing the punch and gotten a concussion in a 4 on 1 fight, I'd call him a victim. When you throw the first punch.....you are not the victim.

You lecture me about subjective......and yet everything that you say in defense of him is just as subjective.
THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT… All we've been doing is pointing out the possibility of any other possibility. We aren't saying we know the truth. Quite the opposite. It's YOU that has been stating things as truth.

And this is 2 am at the Dominoes on greek row, not a Wednesday lunch at the deli down the street from your house. Drunk customers is par for the course.

Doesn't give Luani the right to act however he wants, but it's not really as outrageous as you're making it sound.
Fab, who said I thought it was outrageous? I simply said Luani was drunk, he was shown the door, he is not without some responsibility, and the whole "I had to wait two hours to get my pie" is a bs excuse.

If you make the argument as Leach did is how come the four kids who left the building weren't charged I totally agree. Like it or not, Luani and others are held to a slightly higher standard. Does that mean he needs to be treated unfairly by the justice system? Nope. what they means is he can't get into an altercation over a 20.00 pizza and put himself and his team at risk.

You do get not everyone views the video as many do on this board. That he was sober, he was an innocent victim and did not participate in the problem.

Sometimes the smart thing to do is walk away, leave the money on the table and get it the following day. And to be honest, do you believe he stood in that small building for two hours for his pizza? Did he play with a debit card? It would be easy for him to prove he paid for an item and never got his order. Maybe he called in his order. Or maybe he thought he called in his order and they never took it.

I find it almost unbelievable he stood there for two hours, patiently, simply standing there mouth closed and all of a sudden the situation unfolded as it did.

See, even if I see Luani as justified...which I don't....even if I thought he was truly an innocent victim...which I don't....and even if I thought bandana boy and the others were justified in retaliation for the strike to bandana boy...which I don't, tell me who wins? You now have video of two incidents on the web where football players are out late and getting in altercations. You think that is the look anyone wants outside of this board?

Ed, the PNW lending world is small - everybody knows everybody's business, I am sure you can grasp that concept right?

Oh do tell. Are you saying the phantom analysts are eating into our income? And actually, it would be impossible for everyone to know everyone's business, even if you knew someone on the inside. even an "analyst" such as yourself could grasp that one.

Last edited:
And you are under the delusion that it matters what was said to him. It doesn't. He should aspire to be better than being tougher than a dude in freakin' bandanna

And you are under the delusion your priorities are his priorities.

"He shouldn't do this. He should do this, because this is what should be important to him. This is what he owes me."

"He shouldn't do this. He should do this, because this is what should be important to him. This is what he owes me."

Owes me? WTF does that mean? FWIW, Luani doesn't owe me sh!t. He does owe his teammates and he owes the university and not getting tangled up in stupid crap at a pizza joint at 2 am is really freakin' high on the list of things that he should prioritize for them.

Owes me? WTF does that mean? FWIW, Luani doesn't owe me sh!t. He does owe his teammates and he owes the university and not getting tangled up in stupid crap at a pizza joint at 2 am is really freakin' high on the list of things that he should prioritize for them.

You weren't there, and you don't know him.

Who are you to say what he owes, and to whom?

Fab one question for you. Let me see where I can agree with you. In the first part of the video the guy in front of him is looking straight forward. Then Luani is in the video and he looks like he is talking to the person in front of him. Do we disagree at this point? Even though the guy in front of him is not a friend Luani is clearly talking to him. So at first glance Luani at least knows the guy or is talking to him. Anything I have said not characterize what happened?

Then someone to Luani's right says something-who I do not know. But Luani reacted to what was said. That is what started it. The guy who I thought could have been a friend turns around and Bandana boy clearly says something. If I were a betting man it went something like this..."he's got to go?" That is when "the friend" starts to push him out. Is that what you see, or am I mischaracterizing what I am seeing?

Last edited:
This is the Brittney Spears of all threads: old, washed-up, worthless, just lips flapping in the breeze.....too much??

Fab one question for you. Let me see where I can agree with you. In the first part of the video the guy in front of him is looking straight forward. Then Luani is in the video and he looks like he is talking to him. Do we disagree at this point. Even though the guy in front of him is not a friend Luani is clearly talking. So at first glance Luani at least knows the guy or is talking to him. Anything I have said not characterize what happened?

Then someone to Luani's right says something-who I do not know. But Luani reacted to what was said. That is what started it. The guy who I thought could have been a friend turns around and Bandana boy clearly says something. If I were a betting man it went something like this..."he's got to go?" That is when "the friend" starts to push him out. Is that what you see, or am I mischaracterizing what I am seeing?

Sure.

If you could please speak english/make sense we can get this pointless convo moving forward.

Here is the question....why didn't Luani stand up to the first guy who is pushing him to the wall. Why didn't he push that guy back or stand his ground? That pencil neck was able to handle Luani? If Luani pushed him back right there it would have told me he was sober. He got pushed back and was leaning against that back wall. Why didn't he strike back then. The guy who put the least amount of hands on Luani was Bandana boy.

Here is the question....why didn't Luani stand up to the first guy who is pushing him to the wall. Why didn't he push that guy back or stand his ground? That pencil neck was able to handle Luani? If Luani pushed him back right there it would have told me he was sober. He got pushed back and was leaning against that back wall. Why didn't he strike back then. The guy who put the least amount of hands on Luani was Bandana boy.

Don't know and don't really care.

Perhaps it was what was said. Perhaps bandanna guy was just the straw that broke the camels back.

What does it matter?

You weren't there, and you don't know him.

Who are you to say what he owes, and to whom?

He is a member of the football team and has accepted a scholarship to the university. By taking on that role and accepting that money, he owes them. You know that and are just being contrary at this point.

He is a member of the football team and has accepted a scholarship to the university. By taking on that role and accepting that money, he owes them. You know that and are just being contrary at this point.

So, your argument is that he should have a higher tipping point than the average student?

You still don't know what was said and the entirety of what happened and if the reaction you saw was reasonable based on that.

So, your argument is that he should have a higher tipping point than the average student?

You still don't know what was said and the entirety of what happened and if the reaction you saw was reasonable based on that.

You're just making sh!t up now. You say that I don't know that he owes the team or university anything and you quote that response as relevant to some mythical tipping point compared to other students? This isn't about anybody but Luani. I agree 100% that the other students should get in trouble if Luani is in trouble. My original comment was that I lost belief in the "Luani is a victim" tale when I saw him sucker punch Mr. Bandanna. It doesn't matter what anyone else did before that.

When you put your own ego above the team and throw the first punch, you lose the right to be the victim in my book. As for tipping points, any student who punched another student in the face at a pizza joint at 2 am because they touched him would be viewed in the exact same light by me. Falling against walls and punching people when you are drunk is not how any of our students should be caught on videotape. "Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life" and "buff, drunk & stupid" is just as applicable. It happens and it isn't worthy of a felony charge, but that doesn't mean that we should accept it as "normal behavior" and not punish it.

FWIW, I mentioned about a month ago that members of the Wichita State baseball team moved into my neighborhood and threw a huge party. They got in trouble with the university. Their punishment was to do conditioning for a week and they get to perform community service by picking up trash at the town's fall festival next month. They didn't get off scott free because boys will be boys. Luani isn't some crazy criminal in my mind and I'm happy to have him on the team. I just hope that he learned his lesson and doesn't think that it's a good idea to repeat the events of that night.

You made this comment, correct?

"And you are under the delusion that it matters what was said to him. It doesn't"

I disagree. I think there's any number of things that could have been said that would warrant getting shoved/punched in the face.

I understand Luani likely has more on the line than Mr Bandana, due to his D1 scholarship, but that doesn't mean he wasn't justified in his reaction.

Maybe take a minute and accept the fact you really don't know what happened and can't accurately judge the parties involved. I have.

You made this comment, correct?

"And you are under the delusion that it matters what was said to him. It doesn't"

I disagree. I think there's any number of things that could have been said that would warrant getting shoved/punched in the face.

I understand Luani likely has more on the line than Mr Bandana, due to his D1 scholarship, but that doesn't mean he wasn't justified in his reaction.

Maybe take a minute and accept the fact you really don't know what happened and can't accurately judge the parties involved. I have.
+1, Fab. Here is what I think Flat is doing. He's mixing two difference scenarios. The quote you have above, I'm guessing he's going to reference legally. Although I have yet to know if this statement is true in a legal sense, either. I would wager there are some things that could be said that could legally warrant a shove in the face, like Luani did.

The problem is, this portion of the conversation is about some pretend social bar that's been set for D1 football players, this concept of "we expect more from you than a normal student". And gauging from this cluster of a thread, I'd say most of WSU alum are behind Luani, not Flat or E.D.. Might I also add… CML is behind Luani, as well. So even the guy that makes major decisions does not agree with what Flat or E.D. are saying. So that social bar isn't set where he thinks it is.

+1, Fab. Here is what I think Flat is doing. He's mixing two difference scenarios. The quote you have above, I'm guessing he's going to reference legally. Although I have yet to know if this statement is true in a legal sense, either. I would wager there are some things that could be said that could legally warrant a shove in the face, like Luani did.

The problem is, this portion of the conversation is about some pretend social bar that's been set for D1 football players, this concept of "we expect more from you than a normal student". And gauging from this cluster of a thread, I'd say most of WSU alum are behind Luani, not Flat or E.D.. Might I also add… CML is behind Luani, as well. So even the guy that makes major decisions does not agree with what Flat or E.D. are saying. So that social bar isn't set where he thinks it is.

And the prosecutor is behind the fact that Luani didn't initiate the pushing/shoving/punching, it was the Bros (absolutely no matter how heroic and tough they thought they were being shoving him out the door, they do not work there/they are not bouncers/they are not police officers).

Hence no charges...

You actually have no idea what Leach said to Luani behind closed doors. If Leach and Moos are worth having around (and I believe that they are), they ripped Luani's ass up one side and down the other for the events of that night. If they are worth having......we'll never hear about it.

You actually have no idea what Leach said to Luani behind closed doors. If Leach and Moos are worth having around (and I believe that they are), they ripped Luani's ass up one side and down the other for the events of that night. If they are worth having......we'll never hear about it.
They very well may have ripped him a new one. But I also know what CML said publicly. And he was pissed and regretted suspending Luani for a game.

Well
Don't know and don't really care.

Perhaps it was what was said. Perhaps bandanna guy was just the straw that broke the camels back.

What does it matter?

It doesn't. The damage is done. Others, and maybe you either feel his behavior is justified so it matters very little. For others, who see it different that he wasn't sober and he was being escorted out simply means this is a small black eye on the tail end of the party.

I just find it interesting that if I get bad service I can act out, protest, and could be loud and then be justified to take a swing at someone. I guess I simply live in a different world. And no, I would never put family, friends, or teammates at risk over a 20.00 pizza.

Why didn't he play at EWU?

I just find it interesting that if I get bad service I can act out, protest, and could be loud and then be justified to take a swing at someone. I guess I simply live in a different world. And no, I would never put family, friends, or teammates at risk over a 20.00 pizza.

Ed, he never received the product he purchased. Nor did he receive his money back. That is what we know and is very different what you are describing right now.

Why didn't he play at EWU?

He had a concussion..... Another fact that we do know.

Well

It doesn't. The damage is done. Others, and maybe you either feel his behavior is justified so it matters very little. For others, who see it different that he wasn't sober and he was being escorted out simply means this is a small black eye on the tail end of the party.

Ed, we do agree that you live in a different world. I think most of us agree with you on that. You have clearly staked out a position that the majority of this was the fault of Luani. You have stated that he was drunk and being escorted out.

At time that this occurred, do you think that the four students may have been drunk as well? Why do you think it is OK for those four students to try to escort Luani out? Why do you think it is OK for them to put their hands upon another person? Why do you think it is OK for them to cuss at another person?

You're just making sh!t up now. You say that I don't know that he owes the team or university anything and you quote that response as relevant to some mythical tipping point compared to other students? This isn't about anybody but Luani. I agree 100% that the other students should get in trouble if Luani is in trouble. My original comment was that I lost belief in the "Luani is a victim" tale when I saw him sucker punch Mr. Bandanna. It doesn't matter what anyone else did before that.

When you put your own ego above the team and throw the first punch, you lose the right to be the victim in my book. As for tipping points, any student who punched another student in the face at a pizza joint at 2 am because they touched him would be viewed in the exact same light by me. Falling against walls and punching people when you are drunk is not how any of our students should be caught on videotape. "Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life" and "buff, drunk & stupid" is just as applicable. It happens and it isn't worthy of a felony charge, but that doesn't mean that we should accept it as "normal behavior" and not punish it.

FWIW, I mentioned about a month ago that members of the Wichita State baseball team moved into my neighborhood and threw a huge party. They got in trouble with the university. Their punishment was to do conditioning for a week and they get to perform community service by picking up trash at the town's fall festival next month. They didn't get off scott free because boys will be boys. Luani isn't some crazy criminal in my mind and I'm happy to have him on the team. I just hope that he learned his lesson and doesn't think that it's a good idea to repeat the events of that night.
how do you know he threw the first punch? that face shove in the video didn't break that guys nose, and he himself said he wasn't sure who hit him, which leads me to believe that we didn't see the actual punch. so your claim of a sucker punch is just that, a claim, based on your personal bias

how do you know he threw the first punch? that face shove in the video didn't break that guys nose, and he himself said he wasn't sure who hit him, which leads me to believe that we didn't see the actual punch. so your claim of a sucker punch is just that, a claim, based on your personal bias

That's the deal that I don't understand. In what world do you people live in where getting hit in the face (regardless of punch, shove, slapped) is just something that you should expect because you touched someone's elbow? You can bitch about Pullman PD all you want, but if Luani was in my town at the local pizza joint and acted like he did in the video, he wouldn't have been charged with felony assault, but he wouldn't have the local prosecutor apologizing for the disorderly conduct or public intoxication citation that he would have definitely received. The only thing that is saving Luani's ass right now is the fact that the four dudes went into the parking lot after him and jacked him up a little bit.

You don't get the right to hit someone in the face just because they said "GTFO" or grabbed your elbow as you were stumbling around like a drunken fool. Again, try to picture this scenario with someone not affiliated with the football team. What if the guy was a dirty homeless dude instead of Luani and people were shoving him out the door and he took a shot at the last guy before he left? Would you be defending him? No. If it was a UW fan in town visiting for the Apple Cup, you'd be furious that he didn't get an assault charge. You complain about police targeting football players but you are demanding special treatment for Luani. I don't think Luani should have been singled out and I think the felony assault charge was a sham, but he deserved to get his ass kicked for hitting Mr. Bandanna in the face and he shouldn't have put himself in the position in the first place.

FWIW, you guys talk of my personal bias, but I have yet to have anyone look at the video and think that Luani should have hit the guy. I've shown it to a half dozen people and just said, "Check this out". Every one of them yelled, "DAMN!" when Luani hit the guy in the face because none of them were expecting that. I guarantee that Mr. Bandanna had no idea that Luani was going to do that. If you aren't expecting to get hit, that's the very definition of a sucker punch. Here's the definition if you haven't seen it before:

sucker punch

That's not personal bias.......it's what Luani did. I do want to reiterate that I agree 100% that the other guys hold a lot of fault with how it played out. The Pullman PD failed by singling out Luani. Since they did arrest Luani, they probably should have arrested the other guys for pushing and shoving Luani in the first place and for piling up on him afterwards. A better course of action would have been to drag all of them down to the station and scare the bejesus out of all of them with a conversation about disorderly conduct, assault and public intoxication. Having a good conversation with someone is better than creating a criminal record (or ignoring that it happened). For some reason, the Pullman police seem to often have the opinion that once they start talking to someone, they can't stop until someone has been cited for something. That's a problem that does need to be solved.

Last edited:
Well

That is an argument I never made. I said Luani MAY have been justified based on what was said to him and what happened off camera. I never said having to wait for a pizza was justification for swinging at someone.

Last edited:
That's the deal that I don't understand. In what world do you people live in where getting hit in the face (regardless of punch, shove, slapped) is just something that you should expect because you touched someone's elbow? You can bitch about Pullman PD all you want, but if Luani was in my town at the local pizza joint and acted like he did in the video, he wouldn't have been charged with felony assault, but he wouldn't have the local prosecutor apologizing for the disorderly conduct or public intoxication citation that he would have definitely received. The only thing that is saving Luani's ass right now is the fact that the four dudes went into the parking lot after him and jacked him up a little bit.

You don't get the right to hit someone in the face just because they said "GTFO" or grabbed your elbow as you were stumbling around like a drunken fool. Again, try to picture this scenario with someone not affiliated with the football team. What if the guy was a dirty homeless dude instead of Luani and people were shoving him out the door and he took a shot at the last guy before he left? Would you be defending him? No. If it was a UW fan in town visiting for the Apple Cup, you'd be furious that he didn't get an assault charge. You complain about police targeting football players but you are demanding special treatment for Luani. I don't think Luani should have been singled out and I think the felony assault charge was a sham, but he deserved to get his ass kicked for hitting Mr. Bandanna in the face and he shouldn't have put himself in the position in the first place.

FWIW, you guys talk of my personal bias, but I have yet to have anyone look at the video and think that Luani should have hit the guy. I've shown it to a half dozen people and just said, "Check this out". Every one of them yelled, "DAMN!" when Luani hit the guy in the face because none of them were expecting that. I guarantee that Mr. Bandanna had no idea that Luani was going to do that. If you aren't expecting to get hit, that's the very definition of a sucker punch. Here's the definition if you haven't seen it before:

sucker punch

That's not personal bias.......it's what Luani did. I do want to reiterate that I agree 100% that the other guys hold a lot of fault with how it played out. The Pullman PD failed by singling out Luani. Since they did arrest Luani, they probably should have arrested the other guys for pushing and shoving Luani in the first place and for piling up on him afterwards. A better course of action would have been to drag all of them down to the station and scare the bejesus out of all of them with a conversation about disorderly conduct, assault and public intoxication. Having a good conversation with someone is better than creating a criminal record (or ignoring that it happened). For some reason, the Pullman police seem to often have the opinion that once they start talking to someone, they can't stop until someone has been cited for something. That's a problem that does need to be solved.

You're right, you shouldn't punch someone for saying "GTFO", but you fail to even consider the fact something else may have been said.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
That is an argument I never made. I said Luani MAY have been justified based on what was said to him and what happened of camera. I never said having to wait for a pizza was justification for swinging at someone.
Holy crap… Thank you Fab. And again… instigation by putting hands on a person is an additional factor.

So many factors that we don't know about or aren't being perceptive enough to notice. For instance… could you imagine how loud it was in there? Now add in 4 idiots yelling, possibly getting 1 or 2 other bystanders to join in to yell specifically at Luani. Now imagine the sensory aspect of that, while being surrounded and being shoved from several directions. It could easily have felt like he was being ganged up on by 10 when the video shows 3 or 4 individuals.

Regarding all of Flats "what-if's"… Love that he brings up the homeless man. I work with the homeless on a regular basis. They earn more respect from me, than many business men. I certainly don't put my hands on them unless I wanna get the evil eye… and that's from the people I know! If I don't know them… you don't touch them! And that isn't because of some "dirty" thing or anything… People don't like being touched by others and homeless, especially the chronic, are no exception. So to that specific point… you don't know what your talking about, Flat.

Regarding the generic concept of switching Luani (what you perceive as a bias of favoritism on my part) with any given person… What world do you live in, where you randomly start touching agitated individuals you don't know?!?!?!?! I don't care if it's in a kind way or an aggressive way, holy crapoly Flat. This, I think is where the road forks in perspective between the 2 of us. Does it mean you'll get punched and deservedly so? 50/50 shot, in my experience. But again… I DON'T DO IT. But that also depends on the people you are around, the function, etc. etc. But like this scenario, where you don't know who they are, where they are from and you don't know the situation? Yeah… you touch someone in any way and you better brace yourself… who knows what'll happen.

This portion of your perspective floors me, Flat. You don't touch anyone… period. I was kinda joking but it's true… space bubble.

EDIT: and might I add, we are being fairly generic, PC about "touching" or as Flat started saying, "touching an elbow". THAT is not what was happening. Luani was being SHOVED by multiple people, in multiple directions, in a cramped space, that is loud. So this wasn't some 5 star steak house where the waiter quietly was asking a patron the "Please keep your voice down, sir." kind of situation. Want to clarify that.

Last edited:
Holy crap… Thank you Fab. And again… instigation by putting hands on a person is an additional factor.

So many factors that we don't know about or aren't being perceptive enough to notice. For instance… could you imagine how loud it was in there? Now add in 4 idiots yelling, possibly getting 1 or 2 other bystanders to join in to yell specifically at Luani. Now imagine the sensory aspect of that, while being surrounded and being shoved from several directions. It could easily have felt like he was being ganged up on by 10 when the video shows 3 or 4 individuals.

Regarding all of Flats "what-if's"… Love that he brings up the homeless man. I work with the homeless on a regular basis. They earn more respect from me, than many business men. I certainly don't put my hands on them unless I wanna get the evil eye… and that's from the people I know! If I don't know them… you don't touch them! And that isn't because of some "dirty" thing or anything… People don't like being touched by others and homeless, especially the chronic, are no exception. So to that specific point… you don't know what your talking about, Flat.

Regarding the generic concept of switching Luani (what you perceive as a bias of favoritism on my part) with any given person… What world do you live in, where you randomly start touching agitated individuals you don't know?!?!?!?! I don't care if it's in a kind way or an aggressive way, holy crapoly Flat. This, I think is where the road forks in perspective between the 2 of us. Does it mean you'll get punched and deservedly so? 50/50 shot, in my experience. But again… I DON'T DO IT. But that also depends on the people you are around, the function, etc. etc. But like this scenario, where you don't know who they are, where they are from and you don't know the situation? Yeah… you touch someone in any way and you better brace yourself… who knows what'll happen.

This portion of your perspective floors me, Flat. You don't touch anyone… period. I was kinda joking but it's true… space bubble.

EDIT: and might I add, we are being fairly generic, PC about "touching" or as Flat started saying, "touching an elbow". THAT is not what was happening. Luani was being SHOVED by multiple people, in multiple directions, in a cramped space, that is loud. So this wasn't some 5 star steak house where the waiter quietly was asking a patron the "Please keep your voice down, sir." kind of situation. Want to clarify that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again......the other guys were wrong too. The difference in our opinion on this comes down to this:

You think that it was ok for Luani to take a shot at Mr. Bandanna because he was pushed and shoved. I don't.

If you think it's ok for Luani to have jacked the dude, I hope that you think it was ok for his friends to go after Luani, because that is just as natural. I think both were wrong. Both were natural responses but that doesn't make it right.

sucker punch

Again, that wasn't a punch, nor was it "the" punch" if it was why didn't the guy know who hit him? he was looking directly at him. the video doesn't show what transpired outside but witnesswes describe something different than you assert

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT