ADVERTISEMENT

Minshew at combine?

“His 40 time - ouch”

Pretty much a bummer all around. Note that the Apple Cup disaster was also mentioned. A win there and an eye-opening Alamo Bowl performance would have been huge.

Looks like 7th round or free agent is the best we can hope for.

Hey chicken little,
Ali his numbers besides the 40 are middle or top half of the field. Pretty fcking good if you ask me.
Everyone knows leadership and winning are the most telling traits of a successful pro QB. Hand size a close 3rd.

Tom Brady's 5.28!

Tyree Jackson's 4.59 @ 6'7" is pretty ridiculous though.

The guy is a very good athlete, but his throwing motion has a bit of a wind up, based on what I saw in the Senior Bowl and the recent event involving players from several conferences.

I found the espn article on adjusted completion percentage to be more interesting. It put Minshew in the middle of the class with a pretty low chance at pro success, but put Jackson, Daniel Jones, and Drew Lock all near the bottom
I wondered whether Jackson should have stayed another year. He seems to want to become a Cam Newton-type guy as well. Obviously he has the athletic ability and size but Newton's not the guy I would mimic. Again though, 4.59 at his size is moving but speed is a nice to have for a QB. A lot of other things are clearly more important (see Tom Brady).

I hope GM gets a shot in the NFL, but he seems like the kind of guy who realizes he been playing with house money since transferring to WSU. Prior to that, he was already mapping out his coaching future, which I’m sure he’ll resume when his playing days are over.

There’s certainly no shame in not making it in the NFL, particularly as a QB.

I hope GM gets a shot in the NFL, but he seems like the kind of guy who realizes he been playing with house money since transferring to WSU. Prior to that, he was already mapping out his coaching future, which I’m sure he’ll resume when his playing days are over.

There’s certainly no shame in not making it in the NFL, particularly as a QB.
I think he might have a better shot of sticking around than Falk. The arm strength is similar, Luke is better presnap, but his processing speed once the action starts is much slower than Gardner's. Minshew drops a better deep ball, Luke fits it into tighter windows on the shorter stuff. I just think Gardner is much better when a play doesn't go to plan. Let's face it, the first read is frequently not there, and he can handle that as well as some starting NFL QBs, even if he's not the athlete they are.

If they can hang as backups for 2 years, that'll give a nice springboard into something else. It'd be pretty easy to step from a roster into coaching, and Minshew's personality would make that even more seamless for him.

Plus, they'd be in a position where they didn't need the money. Rookie minimum for 2018 was $480,000, 2019 is $495,000, so if they can hang on a roster for 2 seasons both will have pulled down $1 million. Most of us don't get that in our first 20 years after graduation.

If football doesn't work out for Gardner, he's a shoe-in for the Paul Crewe role in The Longest Yard 3.

Reactions: ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT