ADVERTISEMENT

New details Thread

Just announced they're seeking the death penalty. Per Moscow-Pullman Daily news:

Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson filed court documents today saying that his office will seek the death penalty against Bryan Kohberger in the Moscow quadruple murder case.
The documents were filed in 2nd District Court in Moscow this morning.
According to the documents, there are "statutory aggravating circumstances" in the case that led to this decision. Those statutory circumstances in Idaho code include:

• At the time of the murder, the defendant also committed another murder.
  • The murder was "especially heinous, atrocious or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity."
  • The defendant "exhibited utter disregard for human life."
  • "The murder was committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping or mayhem and the defendant killed, intended a killing, or acted with reckless indifference to human life."
  • The defendant showed "a propensity to commit murder which will probably constitute a continuing threat to society."
Kohberger faces four counts of first-degree murder and one count of burglary charge in the November stabbing deaths of University of Idaho students Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin.
Can I sign up to be on the firing squad or do I have to be a resident of Idaho?

Reactions: justinbgocougs
Just announced they're seeking the death penalty. Per Moscow-Pullman Daily news:

Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson filed court documents today saying that his office will seek the death penalty against Bryan Kohberger in the Moscow quadruple murder case.
The documents were filed in 2nd District Court in Moscow this morning.
According to the documents, there are "statutory aggravating circumstances" in the case that led to this decision. Those statutory circumstances in Idaho code include:

• At the time of the murder, the defendant also committed another murder.
  • The murder was "especially heinous, atrocious or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity."
  • The defendant "exhibited utter disregard for human life."
  • "The murder was committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping or mayhem and the defendant killed, intended a killing, or acted with reckless indifference to human life."
  • The defendant showed "a propensity to commit murder which will probably constitute a continuing threat to society."
Kohberger faces four counts of first-degree murder and one count of burglary charge in the November stabbing deaths of University of Idaho students Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin.
My only question is why they took so long to announce. Seemed pretty clear it was the likely course.

My only question is why they took so long to announce. Seemed pretty clear it was the likely course.
Maybe by doing so earlier would have somehow violated the gag order as it read before it's recent revision.
Or maybe they're trying to upstage the defense announcement regarding challenging the DNA evidence?
Hard to say.

Maybe by doing so earlier would have somehow violated the gag order as it read before it's recent revision.
Or maybe they're trying to upstage the defense announcement regarding challenging the DNA evidence?
Hard to say.
The defense’s challenge was interesting. Totally grasping at straws, but they managed to use it to get out information about evidence…which should have been blocked by the gag order.

Specifically, it’s now known that there were 2 other male DNA profiles in the house and male DNA in a glove outside. The defense is basically asking why those people weren’t pursued….and the prosecution can’t answer.

The defense’s challenge was interesting. Totally grasping at straws, but they managed to use it to get out information about evidence…which should have been blocked by the gag order.

Specifically, it’s now known that there were 2 other male DNA profiles in the house and male DNA in a glove outside. The defense is basically asking why those people weren’t pursued….and the prosecution can’t answer.
Interesting. Hadn't heard that. However in the end it will all come out in the trial. Sounds like the defense is doing their damnedest to keep it from getting that far.

Oh for F's sake. Two other males DNA at a house with 6 people living there? Including the three beautiful ones that were stabbed to death?

The F-ing defense lawyer (public defender I believe unless family mortgaged their retirement to hire a lawyer) must go home and drink heavily then puke every night. How the F can you have a job where you defend a guy who stabbed 4 young people to death? The f-er did it , Get to it and get that POS freak on death row.

Have you ever thought about making a Youtube channel and commenting on legal cases?

You have seem to have a knack for it 🍻

Have you ever thought about making a Youtube channel and commenting on legal cases?

You have seem to have a knack for it 🍻
Thanks…I think. I’ve also been told I should have been a cop.

Personally, I think I see enough of the bad things people do already. If I was immersed in it all the time, the tiny bit of hope I have for humanity would be completely erased.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Thanks…I think. I’ve also been told I should have been a cop.

Personally, I think I see enough of the bad things people do already. If I was immersed in it all the time, the tiny bit of hope I have for humanity would be completely erased.
I figured 95 was a lawyer or at a minimum stayed in Holiday Inns frequently.

I figured 95 was a lawyer or at a minimum stayed in Holiday Inns frequently.
Nope…although most of my working life has been directly connected to one set of regulations or another.

In fact, tomorrow I’ll be sending several pages of comments & criticisms in response to Washington’s new law regulating exposure to wildfire smoke. Basic premise being, why do we need this law?

Criminal law might be more exciting…but at least now I don’t work with people who actually deserve to die.

Nope…although most of my working life has been directly connected to one set of regulations or another.

In fact, tomorrow I’ll be sending several pages of comments & criticisms in response to Washington’s new law regulating exposure to wildfire smoke. Basic premise being, why do we need this law?

Criminal law might be more exciting…but at least now I don’t work with people who actually deserve to die.
We need laws tuh protek us buhcuz we too dum to make choices fur ourselfs, so smart peepul who wurk at shiny big billding make safe fur peepul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT