ADVERTISEMENT

New details Thread

Before you do that, give the fathers half an hour alone with him in a room with no windows, no cameras, and no questions asked.

I dunno that he would make it to being buried alive. He would have been skinned alive in that room.

I dunno that he would make it to being buried alive. He would have been skinned alive in that room.
Is that a problem?

Fine. One rule for the dads: you can't kill him. Leave a little something for the moms.

(Actually, that might be even better for this guy. With the speculation that he has some sort of rage issue relating to women...let the women finish him off. Insult to injury.)

Put him in general population. They’ll know what to do.
I'd rather not even spend the money to transport him there. Let the parents have their time with him, and drop what's left somewhere out in the foothills. Coyotes have to eat too.

• Wow
Reactions: CougEd
Probably end up like the Aryan Nations compound in Hayden. Once that nut job was sued into oblivion his little den of evil was bulldozed and there is a Human Rights museum on the property. I like the idea of a park to commemorate the victims. Perhaps the city of Moscow could buy it or a grassroots group could raise the money to purchase it?
Yeah with all of the attention and people following this it wouldn’t take much to raise the money to buy it and turn it into a memorial. That’s would be most appropriate.

Reactions: 79COUG
Regardless of where he ends up, he's going to get what's coming to him. I read today that his last court appearance revealed cuts and bruises on his face. Poor kid.

Regardless of where he ends up, he's going to get what's coming to him. I read today that his last court appearance revealed cuts and bruises on his face. Poor kid.

Yeah, they said he did it shaving

There is a 20/20 special tomorrow night

Shaving. He’s in solitary right now I believe, he’s gonna have to wait a bit before he’s Ben Dover’s GF.

DNews reported this today:
Investigators allegedly seized hair strands, a black glove and a pillow with a reddish-brown stain among other items from the Pullman apartment belonging to the suspect in the Moscow quadruple homicide case.

The search warrants for Bryan Kohberger’s apartment and Washington State University office have been unsealed. Kohberger faces four counts of first-degree murder charges for the stabbing deaths of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin in a residence on King Road in Moscow.

WSU Police Assistant Chief Dawn Daniels served the search warrants. The evidence seized from Kohberger’s apartment on 1630 NE Valley Road appears to be one nitrite type black glove, multiple hair strands including one possibly from an animal, receipts from Walmart and Marshalls, a dust container from a vacuum, a computer tower, a “dark red spot,” two cuttings from an uncased pillow showing a reddish-brown stain and two mattress covers with multiple stains.

It appears nothing was seized from Kohberger’s WSU office in Wilson-Short Hall on the WSU Pullman campus. Kohberger was a Ph.D. student in criminology at WSU.

Court documents released by Whitman County show what evidence investigators were looking for when they searched Kohberger’s residence on 1630 NE Valley Road and his office.

They were searching for any blood, bodily fluid or skin cells. As for weapons, they searched for any knives, sheaths or other sharp tools. They searched for any digital or paper images of the victims or the King Road house. They looked for clothing including but not limited to dark shirts, dark pants, masks or shoes with a diamond pattern sole.

Investigators sought any digital evidence linking him to the victims, the King Road house or any data compilations showing an interest in murder.

Reactions: Coug1990
I watched an interview with Alan Dershowitz last week.

This may be obvious to everyone, but he said that defense attorneys always need to assume their client is guilty. Otherwise, if they don't, they will likely get lazy and not defend their client to the maximum effectiveness.

He better have an excellent lawyer for his sake. He doesn't appear to have any leverage a plea down to life in prison. Poor guy.

The death penalty, assuming the jury rules he is guilty, is certainly appropriate for justice.

I watched an interview with Alan Dershowitz last week.

This may be obvious to everyone, but he said that defense attorneys always need to assume their client is guilty. Otherwise, if they don't, they will likely get lazy and not defend their client to the maximum effectiveness.

He better have an excellent lawyer for his sake. He doesn't appear to have any leverage a plea down to life in prison. Poor guy.

The death penalty, assuming the jury rules he is guilty, is certainly appropriate for justice.
I’m no lawyer but he has allot against him from from the leaks if they all true. I’ve been on it from day 1 but until the evidence is known we will really know. The lawyers better be good.

DNews reported this today:
Investigators allegedly seized hair strands, a black glove and a pillow with a reddish-brown stain among other items from the Pullman apartment belonging to the suspect in the Moscow quadruple homicide case.

The search warrants for Bryan Kohberger’s apartment and Washington State University office have been unsealed. Kohberger faces four counts of first-degree murder charges for the stabbing deaths of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin in a residence on King Road in Moscow.

WSU Police Assistant Chief Dawn Daniels served the search warrants. The evidence seized from Kohberger’s apartment on 1630 NE Valley Road appears to be one nitrite type black glove, multiple hair strands including one possibly from an animal, receipts from Walmart and Marshalls, a dust container from a vacuum, a computer tower, a “dark red spot,” two cuttings from an uncased pillow showing a reddish-brown stain and two mattress covers with multiple stains.

It appears nothing was seized from Kohberger’s WSU office in Wilson-Short Hall on the WSU Pullman campus. Kohberger was a Ph.D. student in criminology at WSU.

Court documents released by Whitman County show what evidence investigators were looking for when they searched Kohberger’s residence on 1630 NE Valley Road and his office.

They were searching for any blood, bodily fluid or skin cells. As for weapons, they searched for any knives, sheaths or other sharp tools. They searched for any digital or paper images of the victims or the King Road house. They looked for clothing including but not limited to dark shirts, dark pants, masks or shoes with a diamond pattern sole.

Investigators sought any digital evidence linking him to the victims, the King Road house or any data compilations showing an interest in murder.
The findings from the apartment don’t seem on the surface like they’re very significant. Testing could show otherwise, but everything in the apartment findings so far is pretty easy to explain away.
Personally, I doubt whether the supposed bloody clothes ever made it back to his apartment. They’re probably in a culvert or a shallow hole somewhere between moscow and genesee, dumped in the hour immediately following the murders. The knife is either there or in the river. The car is where the trace blood evidence seems more likely to show up.

I still say the affidavit - as damning as it seemed - was the tip of the iceberg. They’ve got more evidence that’s eventually going to come out, and it’s not going to leave any doubt.

The findings from the apartment don’t seem on the surface like they’re very significant. Testing could show otherwise, but everything in the apartment findings so far is pretty easy to explain away.
Personally, I doubt whether the supposed bloody clothes ever made it back to his apartment. They’re probably in a culvert or a shallow hole somewhere between moscow and genesee, dumped in the hour immediately following the murders. The knife is either there or in the river. The car is where the trace blood evidence seems more likely to show up.

I still say the affidavit - as damning as it seemed - was the tip of the iceberg. They’ve got more evidence that’s eventually going to come out, and it’s not going to leave any doubt.

I'm going to say that the items identified in the apartment have the possibility of being incredibly significant. If the reddish-brown stains are blood from the victims....he's hosed. If the animal hair is from their dog....he's hosed. If the black nitrile glove has any DNA on it...he's hosed. If any of the hairs found in his apartment are from the victims, he's hosed.

We don't know if any of those possibilities will play out, but everything that I've seen so far suggests that Kohberger was just smart enough to almost pull this off but just arrogant and egotistical enough to get burned. My bet is that his entire defense is going to be based on having his attorney attempt to get all of the evidence thrown out by technicalities. It appears to be his best chance. But hey, maybe everything so far has been just happy coincidences and Kohberger is innocent.

I'm going to say that the items identified in the apartment have the possibility of being incredibly significant. If the reddish-brown stains are blood from the victims....he's hosed. If the animal hair is from their dog....he's hosed. If the black nitrile glove has any DNA on it...he's hosed. If any of the hairs found in his apartment are from the victims, he's hosed.

We don't know if any of those possibilities will play out, but everything that I've seen so far suggests that Kohberger was just smart enough to almost pull this off but just arrogant and egotistical enough to get burned.
Yeah, testing could turn them - especially the stains - into major evidence. But I think the odds are small.

Even if the hair belongs to a victim and the dog, there’s an easy defense - he can claim a relationship, and that he played with the dog. Whether it was just at a party or if he claims a sexual relationship, it explains his DNA in the house and in his apartment. If it’s their blood - especially if it’s mixed from multiple victims - he’s hosed.

Either way, my expectation is that they already have evidence that they haven’t talked about that’s even stronger than what’s in the affidavit.

Yeah, testing could turn them - especially the stains - into major evidence. But I think the odds are small.

Even if the hair belongs to a victim and the dog, there’s an easy defense - he can claim a relationship, and that he played with the dog. Whether it was just at a party or if he claims a sexual relationship, it explains his DNA in the house and in his apartment. If it’s their blood - especially if it’s mixed from multiple victims - he’s hosed.

Either way, my expectation is that they already have evidence that they haven’t talked about that’s even stronger than what’s in the affidavit.
If I was the parent of one of those victims and that POS tried to claim he’d had a sexual relationship with my daughter I’d likely end up in prison myself.

Sure, he can claim it, but I don't know if a jury would by it unless he had corroborating evidence of a relationship or being at a party. There are also two living roommates that can testify that they have never seen him in the house.

Sure, he can claim it, but I don't know if a jury would by it unless he had corroborating evidence of a relationship or being at a party. There are also two living roommates that can testify that they have never seen him in the house.
He doesn’t need the jury to buy it…he needs one juror to.

There’s video evidence already out that indicates people partied at the house when the renters weren’t there. Easy to say that the surviving roommates weren’t there when he was.

He played with the dog, he met one or two of the girls, he sat on their couch. That gives a plausible explanation for a few hairs from them and the dog being in his apartment.

Their blood in his apartment, his in theirs - or both - would be much more difficult to explain. Their mixed blood in his apartment would be virtually impossible to explain.

A lot of the individual pieces of evidence can be explained innocently, taken by themselves. Even the sheath with the DNA (I was at a party, I saw it, I touched it, I thought it was cool). The cell phone data might be explainable, depending on the range of the nearby antenna. The late night drives are easy (I have insomnia, sometimes I drive around). And the defense is going to treat these as individual pieces, and try to tear them down individually. They don’t
want jurors to look at them as a complete picture…because taken as a whole it’s bad for their client. You can only have so many fantastic coincidences piled on top of each other before the fantasy collapses.

There’s video evidence already out that indicates people partied at the house when the renters weren’t there. Easy to say that the surviving roommates weren’t there when he was.

He played with the dog, he met one or two of the girls, he sat on their couch. That gives a plausible explanation for a few hairs from them and the dog being in his apartment.

Their blood in his apartment, his in theirs - or both - would be much more difficult to explain. Their mixed blood in his apartment would be virtually impossible to explain.

A lot of the individual pieces of evidence can be explained innocently, taken by themselves. Even the sheath with the DNA (I was at a party, I saw it, I touched it, I thought it was cool). The cell phone data might be explainable, depending on the range of the nearby antenna. The late night drives are easy (I have insomnia, sometimes I drive around). And the defense is going to treat these as individual pieces, and try to tear them down individually. They don’t
want jurors to look at them as a complete picture…because taken as a whole it’s bad for their client. You can only have so many fantastic coincidences piled on top of each other before the fantasy collapses.
Last I heard his defense attorney (public defender) is the one from Kootenai County. Supposedly a very good one. Don't know if he's got a private one yet or not?

I seriously doubt the way everything seemed to have transpired that night that he’d have anything in his appt as significant as blood stained sheets still in his possession. I maintain he was probably shocked that police weren’t over there within an hour of him leaving. He took that route to dump everything quickly imo. Now that said high likelihood even if he changed, used plastic in the car, etc there will still be DNA found in the car and that will be curtains for him.

As for the appt my guess is there will be digital evidence of some sort. They may find something w dna in the vacuum but more likely he didn’t wipe his machine and they will find some damning info that will connect the dots.

Last I heard his defense attorney (public defender) is the one from Kootenai County. Supposedly a very good one. Don't know if he's got a private one yet or not?
I don’t believe he has a private one, he seems to be riding on an indigent defense so far. I’m a little surprised some bottom-feeding attention whore hasn’t offered to represent him for free. Then again…even those guys want to have a chance of winning, and his odds seem pretty low.

I seriously doubt the way everything seemed to have transpired that night that he’d have anything in his appt as significant as blood stained sheets still in his possession. I maintain he was probably shocked that police weren’t over there within an hour of him leaving. He took that route to dump everything quickly imo. Now that said high likelihood even if he changed, used plastic in the car, etc there will still be DNA found in the car and that will be curtains for him.

As for the appt my guess is there will be digital evidence of some sort. They may find something w dna in the vacuum but more likely he didn’t wipe his machine and they will find some damning info that will connect the dots.
I agree 100%.

It’s been a really long time since I was down that road, but looking at Google earth and imagining his situation, i don’t want to dump the clothes off the road. The whole area is cultivated, so they’re going to get turned up within a couple of months, unless I bury them deeper than I want to spend time digging. There’s a creek and a couple overpasses on the road, one of which appears relatively out of sight of houses. That looks like a good spot to dump…as long as I don’t encounter wildlife.
The other option is that either at a farmhouse or as he came through Uniontown or Colton, he dumped it at a house or in a dumpster. We know he was using neighbors’ garbage in Pennsylvania, so maybe that’s an indicator.

I don’t believe he has a private one, he seems to be riding on an indigent defense so far. I’m a little surprised some bottom-feeding attention whore hasn’t offered to represent him for free. Then again…even those guys want to have a chance of winning, and his odds seem pretty low.

I’d be willing to bet that these 3 girls had a lot of followers. And a lot of them were guys.
Good point as usual, 95. It would be revealing, however, if he hardly followed anyone or no one else and if there would be a way to find how many local-ish guys also followed the same 3.

Kind of getting to what Flat was alluding to about him almost being smart enough...he HAS, however given a master class on how NOT to get away with murder. That's all I have to say about that.

Good point as usual, 95. It would be revealing, however, if he hardly followed anyone or no one else and if there would be a way to find how many local-ish guys also followed the same 3.

Kind of getting to what Flat was alluding to about him almost being smart enough...he HAS, however given a master class on how NOT to get away with murder. That's all I have to say about that.
Yeah, if he has a brand new account and is only following the victims, that's a bad look.

But...if the apartment search generates no additional evidence and MPD put everything they have into the affidavit (doubtful), he could beat this. That evidence is pretty circumstantial, and there are plausible ways to explain it all.

"I met [whichever girl] at the restaurant, and I went to a party at their house earlier in the semester. I liked her. Sometimes when I was in Moscow I would drive by just to see if she was home, and 'accidentally' bump into her." And just like that, the information we currently have - his DNA on the sheath, the cell phone pings, and even a few stray hairs in his apartment - are evidence of nothing.

Between the information that's been released, his mannerisms and general appearance, my gut is that he's guilty as hell, but he still thinks he's smarter than everyone and he'll get off. But MPD needs to have more to make it certain. His blood at the scene would be a big step.

Yeah, if he has a brand new account and is only following the victims, that's a bad look.

But...if the apartment search generates no additional evidence and MPD put everything they have into the affidavit (doubtful), he could beat this. That evidence is pretty circumstantial, and there are plausible ways to explain it all.

"I met [whichever girl] at the restaurant, and I went to a party at their house earlier in the semester. I liked her. Sometimes when I was in Moscow I would drive by just to see if she was home, and 'accidentally' bump into her." And just like that, the information we currently have - his DNA on the sheath, the cell phone pings, and even a few stray hairs in his apartment - are evidence of nothing.

Between the information that's been released, his mannerisms and general appearance, my gut is that he's guilty as hell, but he still thinks he's smarter than everyone and he'll get off. But MPD needs to have more to make it certain. His blood at the scene would be a big step.
There are a significant amount of murder cases that are circumstantial (no body, no weapon). This seems to an abundance of circumstantial evidence and as you rightfully point out - this ain't even all of it.

I fancy myself as an objective bloke...gotta admit, I would be prejudiced as a juror based off what I've "learned" so far.

Still think I could judge him fairly tho. Taihtsat

Gag order tightens:
New: A Latah County Magistrate has issued a new and more strict gag order in Bryan Kohberger’s case prohibiting attorneys for witnesses, victims, and their families from speaking about the case.

Gag order tightens:
New: A Latah County Magistrate has issued a new and more strict gag order in Bryan Kohberger’s case prohibiting attorneys for witnesses, victims, and their families from speaking about the case.
I wondered about this. 20/20 did an episode on the murders last week, and had interviews with the Pennsylvania attorney and some of the parents. There wasn’t much new information, but just the stories, reactions, and demeanor of the parents would surely create sympathy. The mother of KG also indicated that she had defensive wounds, which I hadn’t seen reported before. Not sure that would have much impact on perceptions, but at this point it’s probably best that information stay pretty tightly controlled.

It was tough sitting through the report. It’s basically tabloid journalism. Very little new information, they just repackage old stuff and read it with an ominous tone to create the appearance of drama.

I wondered about this. 20/20 did an episode on the murders last week, and had interviews with the Pennsylvania attorney and some of the parents. There wasn’t much new information, but just the stories, reactions, and demeanor of the parents would surely create sympathy. The mother of KG also indicated that she had defensive wounds, which I hadn’t seen reported before. Not sure that would have much impact on perceptions, but at this point it’s probably best that information stay pretty tightly controlled.

It was tough sitting through the report. It’s basically tabloid journalism. Very little new information, they just repackage old stuff and read it with an ominous tone to create the appearance of drama.
Yeah, the 20/20 - the little bit I watched was kinda sick. Total money/ratings grab the way they shot it with the reenactments and 3rd person interviews with their journalists and legal analysts. F-ers. Taihtsat

Remember that it unlikely that he will testify.

From the owner of the Mad Greek restaurant:

The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People… It is not true.
This person who wants their 5 minutes of fame has now caused a whole bunch of extra work for myself and the investigators.
I also have not forbidden employees from speaking to reporters. We all decided collectively to support the families and not share anything that could potentially harm the investigation or cause the families more stress.
To all media/reporters/internet sleuths, etc.. please allow us to grieve the loss of our friends and co workers. This has been incredibly hard on us. With our phones ringing off the hook, reporters banging on my door at my private residence and “hunting” down employees as well as showing up constantly at the restaurant, we have not been afforded the time to grieve. Please stop calling, messaging, knocking and showing up. I personally will not be doing any interviews or entertaining wild accusations at this time. My employees also feel the same!
To all others, please don’t believe everything you read. If it’s not coming from the courts or the police, wait until it does or doesn’t before judging.
To everyone who has supported myself, my family and my employees, thank you. Your kind words and support help us get through each day while we navigate these unknown times.
Respectfully,
Jackie Fischer Mad Greek

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG
The mental illness problem in our country manifests itself in a variety of ways. So bizarre.
Bring back the asylums!

And, with a nod to the original topic, for the POS convicted rapists and murderers, we should have a special wing of the prison. The entry gate should have a sign that says “no constitutional rights beyond this point.” And let the punishment begin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT