ADVERTISEMENT

New details Thread

Bring back the asylums!

And, with a nod to the original topic, for the POS convicted rapists and murderers, we should have a special wing of the prison. The entry gate should have a sign that says “no constitutional rights beyond this point.” And let the punishment begin.
Your good buddies in Olympia are releasing the rapists housed on McNeil Island back into “group homes” in neighborhoods in Spokane

It’s super neato. The community is thrilled to provide victims for these incorrigibles.

Bring back the asylums!

And, with a nod to the original topic, for the POS convicted rapists and murderers, we should have a special wing of the prison. The entry gate should have a sign that says “no constitutional rights beyond this point.” And let the punishment begin.
I have a magnet on my fridge from Alcatraz…Reminder to my kids. You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter, and medical attention. Everything else you get is a privilege.

That woman needs help. I feel sorry for her 16 year old son.
In the absence of real news, the weird stuff like this is coming out. There are also reports that the sheath was intentionally left behind to provide misleading evidence and get the PD looking at ex-Marines. It's also come out that he was fired as a TA at the end of the semester because he was sexist. There's stories based on supposed leaks that claim to report what order the victims were killed in, and where they were (some of these seem to contradict the original PD affidavit).

Hard to say whether any of it's even true, or if it's all just media sources grasping for something they can write about. Soon, the stories will start coming about how he was bullied and abused as a child.

The only way to defend a case like this is to pull what Dershowitz & Cochrane did with OJ - don't let it be about the defendant, and don't let it be about the victims. Put the PD and their investigation on trial.

Your good buddies in Olympia are releasing the rapists housed on McNeil Island back into “group homes” in neighborhoods in Spokane

It’s super neato. The community is thrilled to provide victims for these incorrigibles.
I have been to the Special Commitment Center for work. I don't know specifically what you are talking about, but the way your comment reads is not how the system works. There are about 1000 sexual offenders that finish their prison sentence every year in the state of Washington and are released.
However, the state of Washington has one of the strictest laws in the country for people that are the worst sexual offenders. Those people can be held indefinitely at the commitment center.

But remember, they have finished their sentence, so the commitment center is not a jail. They do go through extensive therapy and if it is deemed that they are no longer a threat they can be released.

The good buddies in Olympia passing the special commitment law are the only reason why they all weren't released into society after their prison sentence ended in the first place.

This just in.

This just in.

The part about following a woman to her car is interesting, I wonder about the details and if it was ever reported. The rest of it is more about unprofessional behavior and probably isn’t relevant. But maybe it helped push him over the edge?

This article makes it sound like it was the crim J department that investigated and made the decision. If the investigation was really about discriminatory treatment, it would not have been crim J looking at it.

The part about following a woman to her car is interesting, I wonder about the details and if it was ever reported. The rest of it is more about unprofessional behavior and probably isn’t relevant. But maybe it helped push him over the edge?

This article makes it sound like it was the crim J department that investigated and made the decision. If the investigation was really about discriminatory treatment, it would not have been crim J looking at it.
I thought it was interesting that he got fired from his TA role. Makes WSU faculty look good.

I suppose, when there's smoke, there's fire.

How do you get in a fight with your professor less than 1 month into the semester?

Then get granted a second chance on that as well as his other failings...then proceed to get in another fight with your professor while on "probation"

What a f_ck up

How do you get in a fight with your professor less than 1 month into the semester?

Then get granted a second chance on that as well as his other failings...then proceed to get in another fight with your professor while on "probation"

What a f_ck up
Kind of suggests the level of arrogance that some of his former friends and classmates mentioned in their comments.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
Just as we had envisioned, as I think we talked about it in this thread, to bulldoze and create some sort of memorial and park.

That probably makes the most sense for the house. Bulldoze it and turn it into a parking lot, don’t let it become a freak show. My read was that the memorial would be on campus, not necessarily on this property, and I think that’s also a better idea.

As for the pictures on his phone…big deal. The reports say they were captured from her instagram or something, so it’s not like he followed her around surreptitiously taking pictures. It’s really not evidence of anything untoward….if it’s even true.

Seems like there’s been a spate of breathless articles lately claiming some tiny detail as big new information, but they’re just media trying to squeeze more attention out of sketchy reports of details with little significance.

I don’t think we’re likely to see anything really meaningful until July…if then.

That probably makes the most sense for the house. Bulldoze it and turn it into a parking lot, don’t let it become a freak show. My read was that the memorial would be on campus, not necessarily on this property, and I think that’s also a better idea.

As for the pictures on his phone…big deal. The reports say they were captured from her instagram or something, so it’s not like he followed her around surreptitiously taking pictures. It’s really not evidence of anything untoward….if it’s even true.

Seems like there’s been a spate of breathless articles lately claiming some tiny detail as big new information, but they’re just media trying to squeeze more attention out of sketchy reports of details with little significance.

I don’t think we’re likely to see anything really meaningful until July…if then.
My question is Why the F is his next hearing in June or July? It should be on next Monday. What do you need 5 months to investigate or figure out?

We are in a clickbait news cycle now. I appreciate News Nation working the story...but a lot of times its nothing new

I am surprised nobody has followed up on the angle that one of the suspects complained about a stalked....and he was stalking according to the pinging of his phone

I can tell you this from first hand knowledge and 100% certainty...he will NOT have a public defender when he goes to trial.
I don’t disagree…and I expect that when a new attorney comes on board, he’ll ask for another delay to become familiar with the case.

This also plays into what I expect as their overall plan - let it fade in the news and become less familiar, less emotional. Combined with a change in venue, probably to southern Idaho, they’ll try to use time and distance to create a more sympathetic jury.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
I don’t disagree…and I expect that when a new attorney comes on board, he’ll ask for another delay to become familiar with the case.

This also plays into what I expect as their overall plan - let it fade in the news and become less familiar, less emotional. Combined with a change in venue, probably to southern Idaho, they’ll try to use time and distance to create a more sympathetic jury.
From the S. Idaho Mormons? Doubt that will help.

From the S. Idaho Mormons? Doubt that will help.
Probably not, but it’s the only move they have. Can’t stay in moscow/Lewiston, obviously, and two of the girls were from Post Falls, so most of the panhandle is out. Kind of think Boise is his best shot, but it’s also a university town. Maybe if he converts the LDS he can curry some favor. Realistically, I don’t think he’s going to find much sympathy anywhere in Idaho…which is one more reason he needs to drag this out as long as he can.

Probably not, but it’s the only move they have. Can’t stay in moscow/Lewiston, obviously, and two of the girls were from Post Falls, so most of the panhandle is out. Kind of think Boise is his best shot, but it’s also a university town. Maybe if he converts the LDS he can curry some favor. Realistically, I don’t think he’s going to find much sympathy anywhere in Idaho…which is one more reason he needs to drag this out as long as he can.
Yep. County Jail>maximum security prison/death row

Much as I am a civilized guy, stuff like this makes me wish we in the 1870's or before. He did it, he is a total creep just from looking at him. Take him out and freaking shoot him. I would personally if they let me.

Unless the information comes from the MPD, UofI or Wazzu don't believe it. There are some many rumours and folks looking for their 15 min of fame. I'm guessing that family members are also leaking information. (no judgement - I have no idea what I would do in their place. However I don't want it to screw up the trial.)

Having said that, it is absolutely true that the house was given to UofI, who hope to have in torn down in the next couple of weeks.

As others have mentioned, it's no surprise that the defense asked to have the next court date in June, hoping that a looooong delay will let Moscow "forget" about what has happened to our town. Good luck. We won't forget.

Reactions: Coug90
Unless the information comes from the MPD, UofI or Wazzu don't believe it. There are some many rumours and folks looking for their 15 min of fame. I'm guessing that family members are also leaking information. (no judgement - I have no idea what I would do in their place. However I don't want it to screw up the trial.)

Having said that, it is absolutely true that the house was given to UofI, who hope to have in torn down in the next couple of weeks.

As others have mentioned, it's no surprise that the defense asked to have the next court date in June, hoping that a looooong delay will let Moscow "forget" about what has happened to our town. Good luck. We won't forget.
If the defense thinks for a second that Moscow will forget, they’re complete morons. This will be a generational event. When enough years pass that the emotion starts to fade, it’ll still be local legend.

The defense should already be deep into deciding where they want to request the trial be moved to. There’s no way they can let it stay in Moscow. If they can move it a couple hundred miles, maybe a 6-12 month delay will let it fade a bit, but I don’t see anywhere in Idaho that’s going to be very sympathetic.

Much as I am a civilized guy, stuff like this makes me wish we in the 1870's or before. He did it, he is a total creep just from looking at him. Take him out and freaking shoot him. I would personally if they let me.
What’s uncivilized about a 75 cent solution?

I can get .556 for a quarter each...
I had the rough price for .40 in mind, and it's easily portable.

Realistically, we can save the taxpayers money. .22 will get the job done just fine, it only costs 6-7 cents, and it doesn't make a mess. Dude might even have some time to contemplate his choices before the darkness closes in.

Reactions: 79COUG
I had the rough price for .40 in mind, and it's easily portable.

Realistically, we can save the taxpayers money. .22 will get the job done just fine, it only costs 6-7 cents, and it doesn't make a mess. Dude might even have some time to contemplate his choices before the darkness closes in.
The mobs caliber of choice....

We are in a clickbait news cycle now. I appreciate News Nation working the story...but a lot of times its nothing new

I am surprised nobody has followed up on the angle that one of the suspects complained about a stalked....and he was stalking according to the pinging of his phone

My youngest was in the same sorority as one of the victims. She indicated a stalker was already the likely perp one day after the deaths. It was known within the sorority.

No further info than that - but it was pretty common knowledge that something was amiss.

Reactions: spongeandshoot
My youngest was in the same sorority as one of the victims. She indicated a stalker was already the likely perp one day after the deaths. It was known within the sorority.

No further info than that - but it was pretty common knowledge that something was amiss.

At UI?

Certainly seems to be the case.

I’ve seen a couple of articles that started to talk about the potential stalker, but MPD’s statements that it was never reported seemed to shut them down. The authors didn’t manage to come up with any specifics beyond one of the girls telling some family & friends.

Apparently we’re not the only ones thinking about execution methods. Idaho is looking at a bill that will make firing squad their alternate method of execution.

Story

There was a scene in Narcos that involved motorcycles that might cause them to reflect on their ways before heading to the afterlife

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT