ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. Gods Country vs. Las Cruces

Ignorance? Of what?

This weird assumption on this board that Jacob Eason can't play football is really strange.
Looks like somebody needs another distraction...
9359822.jpg

Ignorance? Of what?

This weird assumption on this board that Jacob Eason can't play football is really strange.
I think all of us believe he can play and is a good QB. From listening to uw fans in person and on the radio, you all seem to think he is Tom Brady, but with a stronger arm.

We just do not believe that he is as good as you all think he is.

I think all of us believe he can play and is a good QB. From listening to uw fans in person and on the radio, you all seem to think he is Tom Brady, but with a stronger arm.

We just do not believe that he is as good as you all think he is.

Well... I appreciate that. I haven't read that sentiment much on this board.

UW fans don't know how good he is either. However... given that we have won 10+ games the last 3 years with Jake Browning as the QB, none of us believe it could get any worse.

Thank you.

This is the only comment I wanted to read. Someone with a brain.

I'll stop now. Thank you 702Coug for posting the first honest assessment.
You want an honest statement? WSU is up 45-7 and has outgained NMSU around 500 yards to 200 yards. Max Borghi has 10 carries for 128 yards. Alex Gordon is 25-30, 364 YDS, 5 TD's. Is that real enough for you?

Reactions: froropmkr72
You want an honest statement? WSU is up 45-7 and has outgained NMSU around 500 yards to 200 yards. Max Borghi has 10 carries for 128 yards. Alex Gordon is 25-30, 364 YDS, 5 TD's. Is that real enough for you?

Utah State scored 60 on them last year. Louisiana 66.

For all we know they're worse.

They are one of the worst football teams in D1 and one could argue, aren't even good enough to play in the FCS. Nothing WSU is doing is notably special when guys are running slants for 50-yard TD's... NMSU is just that bad.

So no. Not real enough.

UW fans don't know how good he is either. However... given that we have won 10+ games the last 3 years with Jake Browning as the QB, none of us believe it could get any worse.
Frankly, many of your fans are cocky. Maybe based on the last few years, you have right to be. But, nothing lasts forever. It is going to be an exciting year and it would not surprise me if it all came down to the Apple Cup again.

This mother scratcher keeps referring to us as fuskies. What the hell. Who is this jackass and who do we complain to?

Frankly, many of your fans are cocky. Maybe based on the last few years, you have right to be. But, nothing lasts forever. It is going to be an exciting year and it would not surprise me if it all came down to the Apple Cup again.

As long as Petersen is the coach and the system is in place, you shouldn't expect the Huskies to do anything less than compete for a conference title. Sorry

You will never catch me saying anything negative about Skinny. I have watched him play since he was 10. My kids grew up with him in L.S.
However he is not the prototypical dog QB. Pro style. Little mobility. He came off on a 4th down today spitting blood against EWU. I just don’t see him making it through the year when the dogs start playing real defenses.

They are one of the worst football teams in D1 and one could argue, aren't even good enough to play in the FCS. Nothing WSU is doing is notably special when guys are running slants for 50-yard TD's... NMSU is just that bad.

So no. Not real enough.

Again...why are you here?

So no. Not real enough.
WSU scored 59 against EWU last year but the mutt's could only put up 2 TDs less at 47 on the Eag's today.

As long as Petersen is the coach and the system is in place, you shouldn't expect the Huskies to do anything less than compete for a conference title. Sorry
Despite what many uw fans believe, during the Don James era, the uw did not compete for the conference title every year. They will likely make a bowl every year with Petersen as coach. But, I also believe that the Cougars will make a bowl every year with Leach as coach.

WSU scored 59 against EWU last year but the mutt's could only put up 2 TDs less at 47 on the Eag's today.

Yeah because when the game is out of reach in the 4th against an inferior opponent not from the P12... the Huskies take out their starters and pull the foot off the gas. No need to embarrass your opponent.

Meanwhile... the Cougs HAD to score 24 in the 4th cause it was a 35-24 game in the 3rd.

I know pure garbage time, but damn this Gage can sure spin it. Really live arm and decisive throws when he pulls the trigger.

Yeah because when the game is out of reach in the 4th against an inferior opponent not from the P12... the Huskies take out their starters and pull the foot off the gas. No need to embarrass your opponent.

Meanwhile... the Cougs HAD to score 24 in the 4th cause it was a 35-24 game in the 3rd.
Did you start to ease off after the first quarter?

55-7 Cougs
Is there a QB controversy....ha ha.
Nice to know that there is a solid backup. It's a long season.

The defense showed up in the third quarter. Actually, they played fairly well in the second quarter as well. NMSU only has 233 yards for the game and much of that was in the first quarter.

Tinsley, the third QB. Pladson, Gray, etc. It appears as if the Cougars are playing backups yet still scoring and playing well. 58-7.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT