ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread. WSU vs. OSU

borghi guaranteed a bowl , smith calling a pass on 4th down -stopping the clock was a numbnuts call, if he runs the ball there they win

Reactions: Ravenridge
Can't believe the Beavs didn't punt the ball to pin the Cougs deep.

Smart play by the Cougs not to attempt the extra point. A 2 pt after a block was possible.

Now just don't have a Cal / Stanford band play.

I turned two shades of green and got stomach upset, that was a painful win

OSU radio said Gordon was pointing fingers at the OSU bench and talking trash after the win

what a fustercluck of a game, a defense, a QB —how they won that is beyond me. Quite honestly, I don’t think OSU could’ve scored at will any easier had we taken the strategy of having all 11 defenders lay down on the field and be human speed bumps.

smith calling a pass on 4th down -stopping the clock was a numbnuts call, if he runs the ball there they win[/QUOTE]

The clock would have stopped on the turnover of possession unless they got the Ist down so the fact that they passed didn't matter.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
29 fourth quarter points scored by osu……..

huskies down 20-14 with 6 minutes left fourth quarter

clock doesn't stop until the next snap so more than 4 seconds would have run off the clock on change of possession-thus osu would have won

clock doesn't stop until the next snap so more than 4 seconds would have run off the clock on change of possession-thus osu would have won
On any change of possession the clock stops until next put in play. Even if the O fumbles, D recovers and fumbles, then the O recovers. Still starts on the snap.

Can't believe the Beavs didn't punt the ball to pin the Cougs deep.

Smart play by the Cougs not to attempt the extra point. A 2 pt after a block was possible.

Now just don't have a Cal / Stanford band play.
Smith will be kicking himself for not punting.

NOW we want the Beavs to beat uo. Icing....perhaps the only icing on this year.

I don't personally have anything against the ducks, but I'd like to see the Beavs get to a bowl game. Weird end of game decisions aside, I think Smith is doing a hell of a job with OSU. And I suppose anything can happen in a rivalry game.

smiths blunder on calling a pass play is already the story on the game summaries being reported, osu announcers are bitching about it

smiths blunder on calling a pass play is already the story on the game summaries being reported, osu announcers are bitching about it
That's the wrong thing to complain about. Complain about not punting the ball, sure, but throwing a pass, as opposed to what? The clock stops on a change of possession

running play is going to take 2 seconds, that's how much time borghi scored with. The point is he shouldn't have called a pass there.

running play is going to take 2 seconds, that's how much time borghi scored with. The point is he shouldn't have called a pass there.
Meh. Still a stupid take. Punt instead of going for it? Sure. Getting upset about the clock stopping on a failed 4th down? Dumb. And saying that extra 2 seconds is what Borghi scored with is total hindsight.

The point is he should have thrown a better ball. The 4th down call was there. Just didn’t execute the pass.

They probably should have punted, but I understand why they didn’t. Their defense is garbage, like ours, and we know first hand how the ASU and Oregon games turned out when we gave them one last chance.

no that isn't the point, an incomplete pass at that point in the game is like spiking the football-the clock immediately stops and wsu gets the ball at midfield...………...very bad move against a mike leach offense.

2 seconds is what borghi had, wsu had no timeouts-so that pass call was very bad.

OSU's 24 included, big time thug.
Eh. They finally have a little swagger after years of being complete garbage. They deserve the opportunity to talk some shit...but finishing the deal is a whole other thing and they obviously still have work to do there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT