ADVERTISEMENT

Official WSU vs USC thread

Wrong...they have 4 and 5 stars on that roster and WSU was a block away from evening up the score.

Their defense is as weak up front as they’ve ever been. Their QB is a kid. A talented kid, but a kid. They can’t run the ball.

They’re at Arizona next week. Then they face Colorado and Utah. I bet they lose 2 of those 3.

Offense was better than I expected, even though we still can't run. D was more or less what I was afraid of. Inconsistent pass rush, mediocre secondary. We won't be in the running for the North this season, but could still contend for a bowl.

That really is a summary of what the goal of this season should be, defend the home turf and make a bowl. The defense is too weak to hope for anything beyond that.

However not much for moral victories but who would have thought a 3-point loss at SC this season would even be in the cards ?

Wow. The Cougs run up the gut too many times when the air raid was getting it done. Went away from their strength when the game was on the line. Poor coaching there. Terrible play calling down the stretch.

I think that may have been on Minshew, not Leach.

Wrong...they have 4 and 5 stars on that roster and WSU was a block away from evening up the score.
Plus the missed extra point plus the 4th-and-18 that turns into a FG.

After the first drive of the 2nd half that was it in the 3rd quarter. Well, really not the kind of scoring needed in the 2nd half overall. Only 12 points and seemed like there was more to be had.

That really is a summary of what the goal of this season should be, defend the home turf and make a bowl. The defense is too weak to hope for anything beyond that.

However not much for moral victories but who would have thought a 3-point loss at SC this season would even be in the cards ?

Our back 7 is atrocious, and we’ll face better running teams than SC. This is gonna be a Texas Tech Leach season.

Their defense is as weak up front as they’ve ever been. Their QB is a kid. A talented kid, but a kid. They can’t run the ball.

They’re at Arizona next week. Then they face Colorado and Utah. I bet they lose 2 of those 3.
The kid is very good and made some great throws. Their top RB's averaged 6 and 9 yards a game. Their rookie QB picked this game to show how good he could be in his first year.

Plus the missed extra point plus the 4th-and-18 that turns into a FG.

After the first drive of the 2nd half that was it in the 3rd quarter. Well, really not the kind of scoring needed in the 2nd half overall. Only 12 points and seemed like there was more to be had.
THAT would of given us the win.....

Gonna be some shootouts in our future, but our odds are decent against everybody but UW and maybe the Trees. This team could still win 7 or 8 with some breaks and better special teams execution

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
If we play like tonight, we beat Utah and OSU. Maybe arizona.

Cal and Colorado throw over us. Stanford runs over us. UW does both.

Not sure about Oregon yet, don't have a good read on what they are.

That puts us at 6-6, plus or minus 1.

If we play like tonight, we beat Utah and OSU. Maybe arizona.

Cal and Colorado throw over us. Stanford runs over us. UW does both.

Not sure about Oregon yet, don't have a good read on what they are.

That puts us at 6-6, plus or minus 1.

Utah, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, Colorado, Arizona, and UW. We’ll have to play well to win 4 of those.

Our back 7 is atrocious, and we’ll face better running teams than SC. This is gonna be a Texas Tech Leach season.

Definitely atrocious against this type of receiver. Not going to face those every week and not sure all of those PI's are called in a home game. Hopefully the team stays focused and together after this and they can still have a great season. On paper other than Stanford on the road this was the toughest test of the season. Help me find another SC loss this year until they face ND. Do not see an obvious one.

No, but they’re very good. Better than they showed against UW.
or I guess Northern Illinois. I’m not saying Utah isn’t talented but they don’t have SC’s talent on offense no matter how bad the Trojan’s have looked before tonight.

Yep. I thought we’d get them at the end.

I kept waiting for one of those throws to the sideline get picked. Never happened. Corners and Safeties had a rough game.

Feel good about the Utah game. I suspect we refocus on D and play much better next week. The offense is definitely legit.

Yep. I thought we’d get them at the end.

Me too, but we ran the ball twice and put it on the leg of a freshman kicker and a special teams unit that had already missed a PAT.

And WTF was up with those silly kickoffs? Enough of that bullshit. And the weird formation on the final drive with Sweet snapping the ball?

Very strange timing for some of that shit.

or I guess Northern Illinois. I’m not saying Utah isn’t talented but they don’t have SC’s talent on offense no matter how bad the Trojan’s have looked before tonight.

They have an almost Posseesque defense. Very hard to move the ball on them. Should be interesting.

Utah, Oregon, Stanford, Cal, Colorado, Arizona, and UW. We’ll have to play well to win 4 of those.

Wait they have 3 wins in the bank so all they need is 3 more not 4, Also don't forget OSU. So basically if they can handle OSU then the emphasis should be how to get 2 home wins in order to get to bowl eligibility

I think they’ll lose 2 of their next 3.

No way Pac 12 South is weak, Easily see them rolling Ariz, Colo, Utah,ASU , Ore. State, Cal. and UCLA. Face it tonight was test the rest of those games should not be as near as challenging.

No way Pac 12 South is weak, Easily see them rolling Ariz, Colo, Utah,ASU , Ore. State, Cal. and UCLA. Face it tonight was test the rest of those games should not be as near as challenging.

I hope you’re right, but I think SCs defense is really bad. Lower tier P12.

Really frustrating to make an all star of that kid, because nearly all of those PI calls were underthrown. He did make up for it with some great throws elsewhere, but there were enough opportunities there to get ahead and put the screws to him. Felt like Claeys was too stingy with the blitz as well.

Me too, but we ran the ball twice and put it on the leg of a freshman kicker and a special teams unit that had already missed a PAT.

And WTF was up with those silly kickoffs? Enough of that bullshit. And the weird formation on the final drive with Sweet snapping the ball?

Very strange timing for some of that shit.
Please don't tell me that they meant to kick it to the 20. After SC had been getting 10+ yard on virtually every return (KO and PR), why the holy fook would you give it to them on the 20?

(I realize what they were trying to do, but like you said - kicking it out of the end zone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing stupid fcking games with ST.)

Looks like a 6-6 season. Absolutely terrible final 2 plays of that last series.

I don't see us going 3-5 the rest of the way. We are going to demolish Oregon State without a doubt. We get Utah, Oregon, Cal and Arizona at home. We'll go 3-1 (or better) against them. We always give Stanford fits. Colorado has looked good so far, but their best win was against a Nebraska team that may only win 3 games this year. We got beat by USC last night and if our defensive backs don't play better, it will be a long season, but I feel like we are an 8-4 team right now and that's a pretty damned good feeling for a year that was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT