ADVERTISEMENT

Rose Bowl game thread. dogs vs. THE OSU

Well I’m disappointed, because we could have won. But last year if we’d beaten PSU, it would have been a very lucky result. This year we were as good as our opponent. I’m at least gratified at that.
What world do you win? Seriously, halfway through the second quarter, the percentage of uw winning was less than 10%. Even though the uw was scoring late, they were burning clock and the chance of winning was decreasing.

Heck, a uw graduate friend of mine just texted me saying the game was over early. Not everyone is like you.

What world do you win? Seriously, halfway through the second quarter, the percentage of uw winning was less than 10%. Even though the uw was scoring late, they were burning clock and the chance of winning was decreasing.

Heck, a uw graduate friend of mine just texted me saying the game was over early. Not everyone is like you.
I guess Utah must have won last night then.

Guess you didn’t watch the first half.
It's worse than that. He apparently didn't watch the first three quarters. A uw friend of mine texted me that OSU let up in the fourth quarter.

UW is a good team. Not a great one. Will they now become spoilers like Stanford was, winning only the conference games they need to then embarrass the conference in the post season?

tOSU is talented but also got up for this game as it’s Urby’s last. Having said that, UW was pathetic in this one any way you slice it up. Another postseason embarrassment for the PAC.

UW was never in it. tOSU went into prevent offense and defense midway through the 3rd quarter, and just about got burned like the Falcons in their last Super Bowl. Husky fans will remember a “close” UW loss; the rest of the country will only remember a tOSU victory.

UW is a good team. Not a great one. Will they now become spoilers like Stanford was, winning only the conference games they need to then embarrass the conference in the post season?

tOSU is talented but also got up for this game as it’s Urby’s last. Having said that, UW was pathetic in this one any way you slice it up. Another postseason embarrassment for the PAC.

UW was never in it. tOSU went into prevent offense and defense midway through the 3rd quarter, and just about got burned like the Falcons in their last Super Bowl. Husky fans will remember a “close” UW loss; the rest of the country will only remember a tOSU victory.
I’ll remember the poor offensive game plan that may have cost us a game we could have won.

No. I understand that their chances of winning were over 95%. That’s science!
So, you do understand that the game was essentially over in the second quarter. It really was good that the players played hard until the whistle. How good do you think the uw will be next season? Better, the same or worse than this season?

So, you do understand that the game was essentially over in the second quarter. It really was good that the players played hard until the whistle. How good do you think the uw will be next season? Better, the same or worse than this season?
The Utah game was also over at halftime. ESPN told me.

Wasn’t the term “garbage time” created precisely for games like this?

5 point games? No, it wasn’t.
Yup. Pretty sure when one team racks ip all their yards and points when they are down 4 scores in the fourth quarter and the superior team just wants to get its trophy and go home. That’s called garbage time.

HH: Congratulations on what you feel is a moral victory. However you may want to take your lavender sunglasses off, get off this Cougar forum, and look at the ESPN website on the game and the probability of you winning. ESPN stuck a fork in the UW by half time. Even at the end with your 5 pt deficit - game over !

HH: Congratulations on what you feel is a moral victory. However you may want to take your lavender sunglasses off, get off this Cougar forum, and look at the ESPN website on the game and the probability of you winning. ESPN stuck a fork in the UW by half time. Even at the end with your 5 pt deficit - game over !
Someone really should have told Northwestern the Holiday Bowl was over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT