ADVERTISEMENT

Shit political thread. Stop it!

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Geezus christ. We just get done stomping the #19 team in the country, in an electric game. But a couple of threads here are nitpicking the game.

WTF is wrong with you people? It was a great game and a huge victory for our Cougs. So shut TFU with your ridiculous criticisms.

Geezus christ. We just get done stomping the #19 team in the country, in an electric game. But a couple of threads here are nitpicking the game.

WTF is wrong with you people? It was a great game and a huge victory for our Cougs. So shut TFU with your ridiculous criticisms.
I agree, yes there are things that could have been better but we won the game leading wire to wire some people just have to bitch

That was an awesome day to be in Pullman and at Martin. There are a lot of things we can clean up (most teams can say the same thing) but we did a lot of things right, enough of the latter to walk away with a win. I've read a lot of comments about how Wisconsin really isn't a very good team and played poorly -- what I saw was a Wazzu football team that took their opponent out of their comfort zone and capitalized on it. (Did anybody here envision Wisconsin being able to only rush for what they did?) Our fanbase is pretty fast to criticize what our team does wrong, but we also need to recognize what they did right, one of which was playing pretty inspired football. We're going to win a lot of games in this fashion this year.

That was an awesome day to be in Pullman and at Martin. There are a lot of things we can clean up (most teams can say the same thing) but we did a lot of things right, enough of the latter to walk away with a win. I've read a lot of comments about how Wisconsin really isn't a very good team and played poorly -- what I saw was a Wazzu football team that took their opponent out of their comfort zone and capitalized on it. (Did anybody here envision Wisconsin being able to only rush for what they did?) Our fanbase is pretty fast to criticize what our team does wrong, but we also need to recognize what they did right, one of which was playing pretty inspired football. We're going to win a lot of games in this fashion this year.
Yeah, the expectation you have for a team before the season isn’t always what you end up getting. I thought the offense would light up the scoreboard and the defense would have its struggles.

The defense has been outstanding once again, and this was truly a team effort. You can’t underestimate what it means to have a couple of kids like Jackson and Stone on your team. On field leadership is huge.

On a side note, as I sat high up in the stands watching the Wisconsin fans head out the gates and a large portion of the stands head onto the field, I started watching our fans interaction with the Wisconsin players as they headed into their tunnel. Just before security was able to set up a line between fans and players, I watched a drunk fan run full speed towards the center of the field, decide he needed to impart a little criticism to a Badger player and veer that way to slap a player, and get absolutely LEVELLED. (I think it was an extremely well executed "forearm shiver" to the chest.) The result wasn't much different then the hit we saw in the 4th on the Wisconsin receiver, except that no trainers came out to help the kid back to his feet. He got up, but pretty slowly, and decided maybe harassing 300# dudes that are mad and still have a ton of adrenalin in their systems isn't that much fun. I'm still chuckling at that -- could have been the best hit I saw by a Badger all night.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif

It always amuses me when I see fans failing to realize that the other team is trying too...and sometimes plays and drives go their way.

Funny, I watched a Wisconsin fan post game reaction video/podcast on youtube, and the talk was about their lack of answers and inability to manage Cam Ward and that he exposed the lack of athletic ability in their front seven. Maybe they should come to this board, so our fans can explain to them just how "bad" his play really was. It is all a matter of prospective.

What isn't a matter of perspective in Jaden Hicks. The kid is damn good, Signor Mobley/John Rushing good!

Funny, I watched a Wisconsin fan post game reaction video/podcast on youtube, and the talk was about their lack of answers and inability to manage Cam Ward and that he exposed the lack of athletic ability in their front seven. Maybe they should come to this board, so our fans can explain to them just how "bad" his play really was. It is all a matter of prospective.

What isn't a matter of perspective in Jaden Hicks. The kid is damn good, Signor Mobley/John Rushing good!
I was just going to post something about Hicks. He's a future first round pick if he plays the rest of the season like he has so far. Great size, fast, and an incredibly physical defender. I'm going to enjoy him in a Cougar uniform as long as I can.

Personally, I think Wisconsin is actually a pretty solid team and wouldn't b surprised if they make some serious noise in the Big-10 this year. Beating them is a noteworthy accomplishment.

Glad Cougar

I was just going to post something about Hicks. He's a future first round pick if he plays the rest of the season like he has so far. Great size, fast, and an incredibly physical defender. I'm going to enjoy him in a Cougar uniform as long as I can.

Personally, I think Wisconsin is actually a pretty solid team and wouldn't b surprised if they make some serious noise in the Big-10 this year. Beating them is a noteworthy accomplishment.

Glad Cougar

Dateline January 2024

Incoming call to Jaden Hicks...

Hicks: (Hmmm...I don't recognize that number. Oklahoma area code? I'll answer anyway.) "Hello"

Caller: "Hey Jaden, coach Lincoln Riley here. We really like your abilities. We have an opening on our roster for you. We have $350K set aside to help you make your decision. A little extra spending money would be nice, right? What do you say? Want to come to LA and be a USC Trojan?"

Hicks: "Thanks coach. Sounds exciting! Yes, the money will be helpful. I'll pack my bags today. See you next week."

Riley: "Great! See you soon."

Too cynical? 😀

Dateline January 2024

Hicks: (Hmmm...I don't recognize that number. Oklahoma area code? I'll answer anyway.) "Hello"

Caller: "Hey Jaden, coach Lincoln Riley here. We really like your abilities. We have an opening on our roster for you. We have $350K set aside to help you make your decision. A little extra spending money would be nice, right? What do you say? Want to come to LA and be a USC Trojan?"

Hicks: "Thanks coach. Sounds exciting! Yes, the money will be helpful. I'll pack my bags today. See you next week."

Too cynical? 😀
Coaches can't legally offer NIL packages.

His collective lackey can.

Glad Cougar
I hope Wisconsin kicks arse, just like every other team we beat, it adds value to our wins. How many time have we beaten a grossly overrate Oregon team, only to have their subsequent mediocre play diminish the value of the win? That is why our 2002 win against USC was the greatest in school history, hands down, because they went on to win out, including an Orange Bowl blow out. Of course we kept up our end too.

Reactions: LeachPack
It always amuses me when I see fans failing to realize that the other team is trying too...and sometimes plays and drives go their way.
God, no kidding. Wisconsin is not a chump program. They rank 2nd in Big 10 wins over the past 10 years, ahead of Michigan, Penn St., Nebraska, etc. I was there yesterday. Their lineman are massive. Their equipment staff and personnel are as impressive as USC and Oregon.

Everyone at the game was giddy about our win yesterday (except the 5K Wisconsin fans). We stormed the field afterwards. The players and coaches were hugging fans and taking selfies with everyone. It was a special Pullman moment Then you come on here and read comments from people who haven’t been to Pullman in years talking about how Ward isn’t good enough. That we need someone like Caleb Williams. Funny stuff.

Big-10 wins last 10 years

God, no kidding. Wisconsin is not a chump program. They rank 2nd in Big 10 wins over the past 10 years, ahead of Michigan, Penn St., Nebraska, etc. I was there yesterday. Their lineman are massive. Their equipment staff and personnel are as impressive as USC and Oregon.

Everyone at the game was giddy about our win yesterday (except the 5K Wisconsin fans). We stormed the field afterwards. The players and coaches were hugging fans and taking selfies with everyone. It was a special Pullman moment Then you come on here and read comments from people who haven’t been to Pullman in years talking about how Ward isn’t good enough. That we need someone like Caleb Williams. Funny stuff.

5K Wisconsin fans? I am doubting that.

On a side note, as I sat high up in the stands watching the Wisconsin fans head out the gates and a large portion of the stands head onto the field, I started watching our fans interaction with the Wisconsin players as they headed into their tunnel. Just before security was able to set up a line between fans and players, I watched a drunk fan run full speed towards the center of the field, decide he needed to impart a little criticism to a Badger player and veer that way to slap a player, and get absolutely LEVELLED. (I think it was an extremely well executed "forearm shiver" to the chest.) The result wasn't much different then the hit we saw in the 4th on the Wisconsin receiver, except that no trainers came out to help the kid back to his feet. He got up, but pretty slowly, and decided maybe harassing 300# dudes that are mad and still have a ton of adrenalin in their systems isn't that much fun. I'm still chuckling at that -- could have been the best hit I saw by a Badger all night.
I'm glad nobody threw a flag!

Yeah, the expectation you have for a team before the season isn’t always what you end up getting. I thought the offense would light up the scoreboard and the defense would have its struggles.

The defense has been outstanding once again, and this was truly a team effort. You can’t underestimate what it means to have a couple of kids like Jackson and Stone on your team. On field leadership is huge.

The offense, even tho it's had its BURPS, HICCUPS, etc, has been good enough to win, etc, and WAY better then LAST YEAR'S offense under MORRIS.

The defense is good again this year.

The reason why expectations have been, is some fans have not paid attention to some factors like.

1. freshman, Sophomores, becoming sophomores, juniors, seniors.

2. Filling almost all the departures with A. JC transfers. B. Portal Transfers.

When Henley transfered to WSU, there was a couple, few, some that said that he wouldn't be that good because he was from Nevada, and that he would be new, first year WSU/P5 player, etc. They didn't get that he was a HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER VIA THE TRANSFER PORTAL.

LIKEWISE, When WSU, again, like Henley, again got HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER Portal Transfers, again, like Henley, again, a couple, few, some said, thought that the highly sought after Portal Transfers, because they were NEW, FIRST YEAR AT WSU,P5, etc, that they were not going to be good.

But they were wrong, as the transfers were good, just like Henly was a Good transfer.

Yes there was a lot of new pieces, but Primetime Sanders is demonstrating, just like WSU, that can still win with a lot of new pieces.

The other thing fans overlooked, was that SCHMEDDING from AUBURN, and ARBUCKLE ARE ELITE HIRES. And they overlooked the evidence that they were ELITE HIRES.

And some fans, because it doesn't fit their agenda, narrative, dismiss all the good stats, points, wins, blow out, etc, and only focus on negative, and wrongly continue to say certain players suck, that do not suck, and rag on the team, coaches, players, etc, and say that opposing teams played poorly, and that WSU probably will either not win a lot of games, or will be a middle of PAC team, this year, etc, because they are making excuses, because things don't fit their expectations, agenda, narrative, and because it would mean THEY WERE WRONG, BECAUSE THEY CANT BE WRONG.

Dateline January 2024

Too cynical? 😀
Sounds like reality in these days. Who here would not take that deal? CF is going down this path, unfortunately.

On3.com said that Cam Ward’s performance was, “erratically entertaining” in WSU’s win over the Wisconsin Badgers. I thought that summed it up pretty accurately. He can improve and he played well enough to win & more importantly, he didn’t have a turnover! The center could have lost this game for us…. With his erratic snaps. We were lucky with those.

Interesting that I saw empty seats in the upper NW corner. I think it was first half, too. Did you see that? It was surprising.
Yea, there were a lot of no shows. The game was sold out, but a lot of people with tickets didn’t attend. Hotels were hard to come by with so many Wiscy fans making the trip. Maybe that’s what caused it.

We haven't won against a Big 10 team other than bottom feeder Rutgers since 2001. And we split the Rutgers series. Now 2 in a row! Greatest non conference home win ever. Sadly this may have political overtones. I hope I'm wrong, but ask yourself, who is a Dickert fan among the anti-vax crowd?

Reactions: mikalalas
We haven't won against a Big 10 team other than bottom feeder Rutgers since 2001. And we split the Rutgers series. Now 2 in a row! Greatest non conference home win ever. Sadly this may have political overtones. I hope I'm wrong, but ask yourself, who is a Dickert fan among the anti-vax crowd?
Quit your shit, asshole. It's been a good week without any of that garbage and here you come... long walk, short pier - go!

Last edited:
We have empty seats for every sold out game.
I think the only game I ever saw or was at with no empty seats was they year we played USC and Maijuanavich. Can't remember the year - damn dementia. 38,365 as I recall and every seat was filled.

We had that game won. Sure int goes through the hands of I can't remember who, I think M-vich converted 2 4th downs. The place was screaming loud, but when they hit the TD pass in the corner to win it you could hear a pin drop in Martin.

I think the only game I ever saw or was at with no empty seats was they year we played USC and Maijuanavich. Can't remember the year - damn dementia. 38,365 as I recall and every seat was filled.
Nah, there were a couple of standing room only games in the 2000s. Give my old brain a bit and I'll try to remember which.

I'm a fan of Dickert. I'm also a fan of people that don't force fake vaccines.

I still think Rolo was 100% in the right to reject taking the shots.

I think states that we're opening up were a hell of a lot smarter than the ones who stayed shut.

To this day... there hasn't been 1 single person out there that can say/show that Rolo Rejecting the vaccination hurt anyone... anything.

But again... I'm pro-Dickert and he's definitely doing a lot more great things than stupid things.

Lucky to have him vs. some of the other turd slices we could've had.

We had that game won. Sure int goes through the hands of I can't remember who, I think M-vich converted 2 4th downs. The place was screaming loud, but when they hit the TD pass in the corner to win it you could hear a pin drop in Martin.
That game still hurts my Cougar Soul. And yes... it was that quiet.

We should've tried kicking the field goal

I think states that we're opening up were a hell of a lot smarter than the ones who stayed shut.

To this day... there hasn't been 1 single person out there that can say/show that Rolo Rejecting the vaccination hurt anyone... anything.

But again... I'm pro-Dickert and he's definitely doing a lot more great things than stupid things.

Rolo hurt himself for 1

F. Give it a break buddy. How many years are you going to talk about the vaccine? And no he was not right. He was an f-ing idiot. As I've said numerous times, I have had 4 jabs - the J&J, 2 Pfizers and one Moderna. None of them hurt me, and damn glad I got them all. Rolo was a F-ing dipshit for refusing, and lost his $3M job because of his arrogance.

And yes the good news is we got Dickert. He's a keeper, I hope.

Nope. I won't give it a break. It was brought up on this thread with the "anti-vax"

People were wrong to try to force it. Play whatever song you want to play.

Reactions: Observer11
Dateline January 2024

Too cynical? 😀
I don’t think he likes his fingernails painted

Nope. I won't give it a break. It was brought up on this thread with the "anti-vax"

People were wrong to try to force it. Play whatever song you want to play.

Just drop it, or take this to a labeled OT thread named Vaccine stance, etc.

I agree that the Vaccine, lockdowns, Mask, etc, shouldn't have been FORCED.

Yes there was misinformation.

I take a RIGHT middle ground between pro vax, and no vax.

I'm against one size fits all.

If your in NYC, you probably should consider vaxxing, masking up, etc.

If your 83, have had a heart attack, cancer, etc, you should probably vax, mask up.

If your a kid, a NFL player, non, less vulnerable, live in a population 100 place, then no vax, etc.

The mortality rate for COVID is .20% of 1%.

The mortality rate of FLU used to be .13% of 1%

There are side effects, that have killed people, etc, but those have been 1 out of 100k people, similar to chance of getting hit by lightning bolt

As small as that is, still a chance, and so shouldn't be forced, since the COVID risk is small enough.

Now if the Mortality Rate was between 2% to 10%, like past pandemics, then you consider mandates, etc.

But despite this Rolo was stupid.

Leach was against the Vax, and even Leach was smart enough to keep his MOUTH SHUT on, about his stance, and said that's between a individual and their doctor.

And that because Leach knew that about half the country was PRO Vax, and that if a HC came out as Anti Vax, that they could lose fans, recruits, lose their job, not be able to do Job, not be able to be a SALESMAN, HC, etc.

Rolo, was not as smart as Leach, and STUPIDLY PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCED his anti vax stance.

Then he STUPIDLY thought he wouldn't have to Vax despite all the other state employees vaxxing up.

Then he STUPIDLY waited until the last second, to try to get exemption.

Then he STUPIDLY tried to sue WSU, Chun, Schultz, etc, when it was not their fault, not their policy, but instead was INSLEE's fault, policy.

And Rolo stupidly made it impossible to get a coaching job because of his stupid lawsuit against WSU, etc, that was laughed out of the court.

Now DROP IT, OR TAKE IT TO A OFF TOPIC THREAD.

I was in the stands - as I have been for nearly every home game since 1991 - and I don’t think Ward is what he was sold as. He has brief flashes of good play, separated by long stretches of no production, pockmarked with bad decisions.

He surprised me last night by turning the lights back on for the last 2 drives. Looked like he had checked out at halftime, and I figured he’d probably come out with 5 minutes to go and force a ball into triple coverage. He didn’t. Using his legs was the right move…in fact, he should have done it more.

The opening kick kind of was a preview of the game offensively. Indecisive. Hesitating so long to make the right decision that it wasn’t the right decision anymore. It worked out ok, but that was lucky.

As for Wisconsin…they didn’t look like a #19 team in the first half. They didn’t even look like a bowl team in the first half. In the second, they looked much better for the first 25 minutes, and then they forgot to cover the QB. They could put it together and be decent, or they could be 6-6. Depends which version of them shows up every week.

Still struggling to understand why they didn’t try to run on us more. Mellusi averaged 4 yards per carry - and I’m surprised it was that low. That’s not sexy, but it moves the chains.

Different topic - any guesses on attendance next week? I’m saying announced/official is 23K. Actual will be more like 19. After halftime will be about 11.

I was in the stands - as I have been for nearly every home game since 1991 - and I don’t think Ward is what he was sold as. He has brief flashes of good play, separated by long stretches of no production, pockmarked with bad decisions.

He surprised me last night by turning the lights back on for the last 2 drives. Looked like he had checked out at halftime, and I figured he’d probably come out with 5 minutes to go and force a ball into triple coverage. He didn’t. Using his legs was the right move…in fact, he should have done it more.

The opening kick kind of was a preview of the game offensively. Indecisive. Hesitating so long to make the right decision that it wasn’t the right decision anymore. It worked out ok, but that was lucky.

As for Wisconsin…they didn’t look like a #19 team in the first half. They didn’t even look like a bowl team in the first half. In the second, they looked much better for the first 25 minutes, and then they forgot to cover the QB. They could put it together and be decent, or they could be 6-6. Depends which version of them shows up every week.

Still struggling to understand why they didn’t try to run on us more. Mellusi averaged 4 yards per carry - and I’m surprised it was that low. That’s not sexy, but it moves the chains.

Different topic - any guesses on attendance next week? I’m saying announced/official is 23K. Actual will be more like 19. After halftime will be about 11.
Two additional things made this game a little more comfortable than it should have been:
1) the new rules with the running clock def made it easier to shorten the game and hold the lead down the stretch
2) fickle was mistaken to NOT use his 2 TO when we had the ball with 3+ minutes left. He let an additional 1+ minute needlessly slip away. You can always stop the clock on offense. While on defense you need to use your TO's for that. Thank you, Luke! That's all I have to say about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT