ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ ARIZONA GAME THREAD***

We went on the road against a middle of the road conference team and pretty well had the game in hand from the start. This is a very good team.

The D played well against a top offensive team. they keep improving every week and are no where close to collapsing. they are a young gutsy bunch with a great coach. Now about that special team
pretty much spot on.

Had to adjust to a new qb and scheme and managed to do just enough. Consistently mediocre.

I'm honestly more concerned with how the O completely disappears in the 2nd half.

I disagree... the D played well in the first half. They gave up points at will in the second half. Tired of these 30 minute performances. This team has a chance to do something special this season if our D and ST don't hold us back. I'm not asking for much... just to not give up TDs in 80 seconds after your offense puts you up 10 with 2:00 left.

At the end of the day, a W is a W and a road win against a 4-2 team is good. It just didn't need to be as close as it was.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Eh, they stopped them on fourth down inside the ten, and made Arizona eat lots of clock to get up and down the field while playing from two scores down- excluding the last drive- and those were a few nice catches Arizona made. And they shut down the RBs all game. It was fine.

Reactions: froropmkr72
I disagree... the D played well in the first half. They gave up points at will in the second half. Tired of these 30 minute performances. This team has a chance to do something special this season if our D and ST don't hold us back. I'm not asking for much... just to not give up TDs in 80 seconds after your offense puts you up 10 with 2:00 left.

At the end of the day, a W is a W and a road win against a 4-2 team is good. It just didn't need to be as close as it was.

Gave up 21 pts first half.

Gave up 21 pts 2nd half.

Had a 4th down stop in both halves.

Not sure what game you were watching, but they were consistently mediocre, like I said.

The O gets 31 in the first half, 14 in the second. Yes, that is enough points to win, but you put a lot of pressure on your D when you go out and can't sustain drives and chew up clock. They don't NEED to score, but they do need to possess the ball and get first downs.

Gave up 21 pts first half.

Gave up 21 pts 2nd half.

Had a 4th down stop in both halves.

Not sure what game you were watching, but they were consistently mediocre, like I said.

The O gets 31 in the first half, 14 in the second. Yes, that is enough points to win, but you put a lot of pressure on your D when you go out and can't sustain drives and chew up clock. They don't NEED to score, but they do need to possess the ball and get first downs.
Did any of our drives end outside their 40?

They never kept us from moving the ball.

our D gave up 14 in the first half... 21 in the second. Consistently mediocre isn't a bad way to put it. But El used the phrase "played well". And yes, some of the blame in the second half does belong to the offense. We seem to go into ruts at the same time that our D stops making plays. But...at the end of the day, we made enough plays to win and that certainly feels good. 5-2 aint too bad! Now bring on GameDay!

our D gave up 14 in the first half... 21 in the second. Consistently mediocre isn't a bad way to put it. But El used the phrase "played well". And yes, some of the blame in the second half does belong to the offense. We seem to go into ruts at the same time that our D stops making plays. But...at the end of the day, we made enough plays to win and that certainly feels good. 5-2 aint too bad! Now bring on GameDay!

If WSU plays a mediocre offense, the defense today for the most part shuts them down. Arizona made some huge plays like the reverse pass that WSU actually had played well and it took a cleric to complete. The defense is taking baby steps and as many points as the offense is putting up, it only has to play well enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT