ADVERTISEMENT

***WSU @ CAL - Game Thread***

chipdouglas

Hall Of Fame
Mar 16, 2005
I've been doing this for 3+ years and this is the first time some IMPOSTOR - randomsoul - tried to steal my thunder. NEVER!!

'Cuse just topped Clemson to hopefully clear the way beneath us with a win tonight.

Air quality in Berkeley - 170... bad.

GO COUGS - LET IT BEGIIIIIIIIIN!!

I've been doing this for 3+ years and this is the first time some IMPOSTOR - randomsoul - tried to steal my thunder. NEVER!!

'Cuse just topped Clemson to hopefully clear the way beneath us with a win tonight.

Air quality in Berkeley - 170... bad.

GO COUGS - LET IT BEGIIIIIIIIIN!!
Ha, I been here longer than you Chip, but yes this thread is your turf. I yield :p

Ha, I been here longer than you Chip, but yes this thread is your turf. I yield :p
I meant I've been doing the threads for 3+. Been lurking for ages and posting for 12+. We're good.

However, read me now: if we get to 10:00 in 1Q and I haven't posted it, it's up for grabs. That's on me. :)

I meant I've been doing the threads for 3+. Been lurking for ages and posting for 12+. We're good.

However, read me now: if we get to 10:00 in 1Q and I haven't posted it, it's up for grabs. That's on me. :)
Ha, that's fair. I'm just glad that my interwebz are cooperating well enough for me to post during the game this week.

Reactions: chipdouglas
I guess I've been spoiled watching Russell Wilson, but I'm used to seeing a QB who survives the first hit get the ball away and not take the sack. Or throw a pick deep in our territory on the next play.

Well now. That's a reversal of fortune. I think Falk got baited on that one and expected that DB to play the deep sideline route. Ack.

OUTSTANDING effort by the defense. You're freaking welcome, offense. Offense on the wrong side of the ledger here by 3 points.

Luvu with a savage hit. Beast.

Defense to the rescue again. Loved that stick by Moore. "Oh yer gonna hurry one up past us are ya? NO SCORE FOR YOU!"

I don't mind the way this game started. I have seen many times great teams start out great in a game against a lesser opponent. Then they relax because they don't respect the opponent and fall apart. That will not happen now. They can calm down now and be more focused for the rest of the game.

Morrow lays a shoulder on the DB there. Love the effort toppling what I think was the safety on a 16-yard run.

He'll recover, but I'm not liking how telegraphed Falk's throws are. As he's winding up I can see the DB locking on and it's verging on a jump ball play.

Powell misses.

Weird game so far. Luke's off, Powell's off (from 49, to be fair). Only bright spot is Morrow and the D.

Typical, false start kills the drive. If Powell was gonna miss one, this is a good one to miss. I just hope it doesn't mess with him going forward.

He'll recover, but I'm not liking how telegraphed Falk's throws are. As he's winding up I can see the DB locking on and it's verging on a jump ball play.

Powell misses.

Weird game so far. Luke's off, Powell's off (from 49, to be fair). Only bright spot is Morrow and the D.
One thing I've seen so far that I like? That back shoulder throw to Johnson-Mack. Getting timing and reliable hands from someone with his physical talent gives the offense a great weapon outside.

Bowers looks like a wet pile of garbage. Good for our defense, and for our offense who have left the D in dire or semi-dire straits on the first 2 outings here.

Great coverage by Strong; looked like a mid-tackle suplex.

Offense with yet another letdown - 3 in 3 drives. Calvin puts the moves on a defender before coughing it up and apparently getting injured. Cal gets another short field. Boy I hope this defense can survive this stupid offensive performance.

This defense is something else! Offense doing their very best to lose this game and defense won't let it happen. Called back TD, 2 turnovers, missed FG and nothing but short fields for Cal - and only 3 points.

2 sacks. 1 fumble. 1 interception. 1 missed field goal. And we're halfway through the first quarter. Outstanding and awe-inspiring.

Dumbest offensive game plan and execution imaginable. This is how you lose a game you should win

Cal gets the ball in FG range for the 2nd time today.

Friday the 13th indeed. Disgraceful performance by everyone not on defense tonight so far.

1st and Goal Cal.

Can we bench the entire offense for one series? This is pathetic. Cal looks terrible. We should up 3 TDs...

Cougs now trail 10-0. Hopefully this gets the offense some inspiration and gets them out of their funk.

Worst quarter of football I've seen so far from the O.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT