ADVERTISEMENT

New Debate thread?

I think it's pretty accurate, actually. Both candidates made statements that have been openly debunked. Both distorted facts and focused on narrow misrepresentations. The moderators second-guessed, corrected, and reference checked him, not her.

This wasn't a debate, it was black comedy theater.
I call bullshit.

What blatant irrefutable lies did the moderate fail to correct Harris on?

Did Harris say anything as ludicrous as Haitians eating pets or democrats advocating 9 month anortions or executing babies after birth?

Last edited:
Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
I think it's pretty accurate, actually. Both candidates made statements that have been openly debunked. Both distorted facts and focused on narrow misrepresentations. The moderators second-guessed, corrected, and reference checked him, not her.

This wasn't a debate, it was black comedy theater.
You avoided the question. Do you think the lies and distortions were equivalent?

What Harris lie and distortion mandated a instant fact check to the same degree as the stolen election being pushed for 3.5 years or the incendiary immigrants eating pets which the GOP is actively pushing in this current news cycle?

This kind of shoulder-shrugging and "both sides do it" kind of thinking is exactly what the GOP is hoping those moderate voters will do. It suppresses voters. The only way they can win a national election. You've already expressed how it's working on you. Taihtsat

I call bullshit.

What blatant irrefutable lies did the moderate fail to correct Harris on?

Did Harris say anything as ludicrous as Haitians eating pets or democrats advocating 9 month anortions or executing babies after birth?
What I am curious about is the pet eaters .... how do they know if the black Haitians are illegal? The pet eaters could be green card holders or possibly US citizens. Or is it about something else I wonder... and what could it be?

And i heard Canadians are coming down doing the same thing with our pets

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
You avoided the question. Do you think the lies and distortions were equivalent?

What Harris lie and distortion mandated a instant fact check to the same degree as the stolen election being pushed for 3.5 years or the incendiary immigrants eating pets which the GOP is actively pushing in this current news cycle?

This kind of shoulder-shrugging and "both sides do it" kind of thinking is exactly what the GOP is hoping those moderate voters will do. It suppresses voters. The only way they can win a national election. You've already expressed how it's working on you. Taihtsat
Police were killed on January 6
Charlettesville
Project 2025
Abortion (states do allow surviving infants to die)
Bloodbath

And the truth or falsity of the pets issue is still TBD. City official says false, citizens say yes. This needs more investigation to prove.

EDIT to correct Charelston to Charlettesville and include "Bloodbath".

Last edited:
Charleston
Project 2025

And the truth or falsity of the pets issue is still TBD. City official says false, citizens say yes. This needs more investigation to prove.
Not claiming she didn't say something that wasn't precisely accurate or factual.

Saying police were killed is definitely misleading. Police officers are dead likely as a result of that assault (encouraged by Trump) and they certainly were assaulted and injured.

He did say there were fine people on both sides. It is misleading to suggest he meant the white supremacist specifically. But as loyal has asked numerous times, just who are the fine people he was referring to. The rally the night before? Those fvckers? The dopes that protested removing of the traitorous Robert E Lee statue?

What about project 2025? You believe him when he says he knows nothing about it while at the same time apparently knows enough to criticize segments of it?

States allowing born infants to die is far different than claiming democrats are for killing born children. There is and never has been any such plank in their platform.

The fact that attempting to scare and frighten potential voters by portraying immigrants as pet-nappers fixated on killing and eating our beloved dogs and cats is nothing more than a fear of "others" gimmick is apparently lost on you. Your lack of skepticism that this is credible is a great demonstration of how manipulation works. Taihtsat

While Kamala smoked Trump by any rational human beings' measure, I would have made a couple of other statements if I was her:
  • Said that her first big action would be to reach across the aisle and foster a new bipartisan border bill, achievable once the stain of Trump is removed. Everybody knows the border situation is better but still broken. So let's get together and fix it. Oh and reiterated that the recent Executive action has markedly slowed immigration. Should we have done more sooner? Probably, but let's focus on fixing it the rest of the way going forward as Americans - Not D's and R's
  • Doubled down on casting the tiebreaking vote allowing continued fracking (which I personally oppose)
  • Hit him harder on his disparaging comments on the military, John McCain, etc.

Last edited:

I heard about 10 minutes of it in bits and pieces. That was enough to hear distortions and falsehoods from both sides. The more blatant falsehoods fabricated from thin air were, of course, from Trump. The eating pets thing seems to have come from a single person making claims that are then being picked up as "I heard" and "my friend said." Haven't actually seen any first-person stuff, and the local authorities have denied it outright. I've seen a video that's supposedly "proof" but that video didn't have any attribution, there were no indications of where it was from, or anything traceable.
On Kamala's side, she brought up the "very fine people on both sides" thing again. That sentence fragment has been twisted and distorted for years, and the democrats love to bring it up. But Trump is right, if you look at his whole statement instead of just those 6 words, it's different. It was still a stupid thing to say...but he's kind of the king of saying stupid things.

As for shoulder shrugging...if that's how you read what I'm doing, fine, I don't really care. The fact is that neither of the parties or their candidates can be trusted, and they're both shitty choices. I at least have the comfort of knowing that, since I live in a state that isn't a battleground and whose outcome isn't in question...I don't have to choose between them, and the fact that I won't will not make a difference.

Edit: Forgot to add - what I think was the most outrageous thing he said was that on January 6, only one person was killed and she should not have been shot. That's utter BS, and even the dedicated Trump voters who were in the room with me last night said that's wrong. She was demanding to be shot, she defied orders and warnings and gave them no choice. His supporting her against the capitol police is a prime example of why he's not fit for office.

Not claiming she didn't say something that wasn't precisely accurate or factual.

Saying police were killed is definitely misleading. Police officers are dead likely as a result of that assault (encouraged by Trump) and they certainly were assaulted and injured.

He did say there were fine people on both sides. It is misleading to suggest he meant the white supremacist specifically. But as loyal has asked numerous times, just who are the fine people he was referring to. The rally the night before? Those fvckers? The dopes that protested removing of the traitorous Robert E Lee statue?

What about project 2025? You believe him when he says he knows nothing about it while at the same time apparently knows enough to criticize segments of it?

States allowing born infants to die is far different than claiming democrats are for killing born children. There is and never has been any such plank in their platform.

The fact that attempting to scare and frighten potential voters by portraying immigrants as pet-nappers fixated on killing and eating our beloved dogs and cats is nothing more than a fear of "others" gimmick is apparently lost on you. Your lack of skepticism that this is credible is a great demonstration of how manipulation works. Taihtsat
Sounds like you have a major issue with Virginia’s former governor

Sounds like you have a major issue with Virginia’s former governor
The Virginia former governor isn't even remotely on my mind, precisely because he is the FORMER Virginia governor for, what, 4 or 5 years now?

Apparently you have no credible info on the Haitians eating pets? To your credit, you show much more wisdom in your restraint that the dumbass you support who recklessly passes on stuff he sees on TV or from that cringe twitter twit loomer. Taihtsat

You’re free to ignore the people who live there, on video, testifying at their city council meeting. Or, you can tell them they’re full of it.

I’m not in Ohio. Poor/Mediocre to average readers will note I never made that claim.

For a creepy cartoon clown, you seem upset.

I heard about 10 minutes of it in bits and pieces. That was enough to hear distortions and falsehoods from both sides. The more blatant falsehoods fabricated from thin air were, of course, from Trump. The eating pets thing seems to have come from a single person making claims that are then being picked up as "I heard" and "my friend said." Haven't actually seen any first-person stuff, and the local authorities have denied it outright. I've seen a video that's supposedly "proof" but that video didn't have any attribution, there were no indications of where it was from, or anything traceable.
On Kamala's side, she brought up the "very fine people on both sides" thing again. That sentence fragment has been twisted and distorted for years, and the democrats love to bring it up. But Trump is right, if you look at his whole statement instead of just those 6 words, it's different. It was still a stupid thing to say...but he's kind of the king of saying stupid things.

As for shoulder shrugging...if that's how you read what I'm doing, fine, I don't really care. The fact is that neither of the parties or their candidates can be trusted, and they're both shitty choices. I at least have the comfort of knowing that, since I live in a state that isn't a battleground and whose outcome isn't in question...I don't have to choose between them, and the fact that I won't will not make a difference.

Edit: Forgot to add - what I think was the most outrageous thing he said was that on January 6, only one person was killed and she should not have been shot. That's utter BS, and even the dedicated Trump voters who were in the room with me last night said that's wrong. She was demanding to be shot, she defied orders and warnings and gave them no choice. His supporting her against the capitol police is a prime example of why he's not fit for office.

Charlettesville
Project 2025
Bloodbath

EDIT to correct Charelston to Charlettesville and include "Bloodbath".
Oh Stretch. I thought you were reasonable. No the falsity of the pet eating thing is not TBD. It is complete and utter BS. Read the article below from the Columbus (Ohio) newspaper. The part about how the cat-eating woman is in Canton and she is apparently not Haitian. The guy carrying the dead(?) goose picture was taken in Columbus. And while not mentioned in the article, the "citizen" (not citizens) whose "report" started this whole thing, was quoting what her "neighbor's daughter's friend" allegedly said. No police reports, no evidence, nothing. If someone had your cat hanging from a tree wouldn't you call 911 immediately?

I mean really. WTF is wrong with you? See the "executing babies" link below as well. So I ask again, WTF is wrong with you?

Not exactly executing babies either. Google it and you can find numerous similar articles:
"in rare circumstances when a newborn has a condition “that will lead to their death in the very near term and there is nothing that could be done to save the baby’s life … parents can decline attempted resuscitation and other heroic measures. …"

loyal, wipe your chin.

A never trumper seeking clicks fed you a talking point and you swallowed without question?

JD Vance seems to redirect the tangent back to the main point doesn’t he?

Let’s try this another way shall we?

What benefit is there to a Midwestern town of 58,000 to have 20,000 Haitian immigrants dumped on them unexpectedly?

Problem is that it's unlikely that a president could just close the border by executive order. Statute allows that he can close "any" port of entry "temporarily." It's not at all clear that he can close all of them, and he certainly can't do it indefinitely. It's also necessary to point to a specific threat to justify closure. So the idea that they could roll Joe out of bed at 4PM and get him to sign a "bill" most likely exceeds the authority granted by statute. It would also be unconstitutional with respect to any citizens or permanent residents trying to return.

What benefit is there to a Midwestern town of 58,000 to have 20,000 Haitian immigrants dumped on them unexpectedly?
The Haitians weren't dumped there. They came on their own seeking existing employment.

Problem is that it's unlikely that a president could just close the border by executive order. Statute allows that he can close "any" port of entry "temporarily." It's not at all clear that he can close all of them, and he certainly can't do it indefinitely. It's also necessary to point to a specific threat to justify closure. So the idea that they could roll Joe out of bed at 4PM and get him to sign a "bill" most likely exceeds the authority granted by statute. It would also be unconstitutional with respect to any citizens or permanent residents trying to return.
Trump did.

Remember Joe’s “First Day”?

Wipe your chin.

You’re free to ignore the people who live there, on video, testifying at their city council meeting. Or, you can tell them they’re full of it.

I’m not in Ohio. Poor/Mediocre to average readers will note I never made that claim.

For a creepy cartoon clown, you seem upset.
You link a lot of bullshit. You should be able to find a link to these council meetings and these other videos...for starters. Then we can go from there. Taihtsat

IF what you say above is even true, that's a WHOLE different topic and worthy of discussion as to the immigration problem.

This could easily have been brought up rather than resorting to apparently ridiculous and racially provocative imagery intended to paint a whole group of people as scary "others" to be watched out for.

But your depraved party doesn't operate like that. Taihtsat

Oh Stretch. I thought you were reasonable. No the falsity of the pet eating thing is not TBD. It is complete and utter BS. Read the article below from the Columbus (Ohio) newspaper. The part about how the cat-eating woman is in Canton and she is apparently not Haitian. The guy carrying the dead(?) goose picture was taken in Columbus. And while not mentioned in the article, the "citizen" (not citizens) whose "report" started this whole thing, was quoting what her "neighbor's daughter's friend" allegedly said. No police reports, no evidence, nothing. If someone had your cat hanging from a tree wouldn't you call 911 immediately?

I mean really. WTF is wrong with you? See the "executing babies" link below as well. So I ask again, WTF is wrong with you?

Not exactly executing babies either. Google it and you can find numerous similar articles:
"in rare circumstances when a newborn has a condition “that will lead to their death in the very near term and there is nothing that could be done to save the baby’s life … parents can decline attempted resuscitation and other heroic measures. …"

I am not reasonable? What, for pointing out that there are conflicting information/reports out there and saying we need more information/confirmation on the issue? For not immediately swallowing what a city employee puts out there? I am not buying into one side or the other, just waiting until everything comes out.

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the report that Jussie Smullet was attacked on a freezing night in deep blue Chicago, by a guy wearing a MAGA hat? And how did that turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim that the "NASCAR Noose" was a terrible racist threat? How did that turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim of "Hands up, don't shoot"? How did that one turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim of Russia, Russia, Russia? How did that one turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim that Hunter Biden's laptop was not real, but Russian disinformation? How did that one turn out?

If not being one that immediately swallows the Blue KoolAid that the MSM puts out there makes me an unreasonable guy, then I will gladly accept the mantle of "Unreasonable". Thank you very much.

Regarding abortion, why do you think it is that Democrats all refuse to put ANY limits on that procedure? I'll tell you-it is because they don't want someone to get into trouble for getting or doing an abortion late in the term, even allowing the child to die after either a birth or having the abortion procedure fail and the child actually comes out living. See the former governor of Virginia, for instance. If you won't come out and condemn a procedure like abortion, then that means you are for it, you wish to allow it to happen. Not defining a limit means you are in favor of abortions at any time in the pregnancy.

EDIT- Crap, I forgot to add the call to dispatch report about the Haitians carrying geese. So how informed is the city official? I don't know, but possibly he doesn't have all the information available about the issue. It IS possible, you know.

I am not reasonable? What, for pointing out that there are conflicting information/reports out there and saying we need more information/confirmation on the issue? For not immediately swallowing what a city employee puts out there? I am not buying into one side or the other, just waiting until everything comes out.

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the report that Jussie Smullet was attacked on a freezing night in deep blue Chicago, by a guy wearing a MAGA hat? And how did that turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim that the "NASCAR Noose" was a terrible racist threat? How did that turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim of "Hands up, don't shoot"? How did that one turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim of Russia, Russia, Russia? How did that one turn out?

Was I also not being reasonable for not immediately swallowing the claim that Hunter Biden's laptop was not real, but Russian disinformation? How did that one turn out?

If not being one that immediately swallows the Blue KoolAid that the MSM puts out there makes me an unreasonable guy, then I will gladly accept the mantle of "Unreasonable". Thank you very much.

Regarding abortion, why do you think it is that Democrats all refuse to put ANY limits on that procedure? I'll tell you-it is because they don't want someone to get into trouble for getting or doing an abortion late in the term, even allowing the child to die after either a birth or having the abortion procedure fail and the child actually comes out living. See the former governor of Virginia, for instance. If you won't come out and condemn a procedure like abortion, then that means you are for it, you wish to allow it to happen. Not defining a limit means you are in favor of abortions at any time in the pregnancy.

EDIT- Crap, I forgot to add the call to dispatch report about the Haitians carrying geese. So how informed is the city official? I don't know, but possibly he doesn't have all the information available about the issue. It IS possible, you know.

I notice that your link to the Federalist (article, call to police or police report) does not mention cats or dogs. That is what we are talking about here. The written police report refers to "Larceny". Stealing geese from a park is larceny? In my community, I wish someone would come and grab some of the many geese (invasive Canadian Geese) that are turning my local park into a poop-fest. And the reporting guy was close enough to identify them as Haitians because of the language they were speaking, but not close enough to grab license plate pictures. OK.

As far as all your examples go, I have no idea what you are referring to. Apparently, I need to spend more time on your favorite right-wing sites. Like the Federalist. I went over and perused that site. Every single article is an attack on all things Democrat.

I did look up Jessie Smullett. Sorta vaguely remember that case - from 2019 - where he staged a hate crime. OK, so how exactly is that odd case relevant to the 2024 Presidential election?

I also looked up the NASCAR Noose thing from 2020. I now remember that too. A much ado about what turned out to be nothing after the (corrupt?) FBI investigated. Although it is odd that, per NASCAR (link below):
"So across those 29 tracks, and 1,684 garage stalls, we found only 11 total that had a pull-down rope tied into a knot.
"And only one noose — the one discovered Sunday in Bubba Wallace’s garage."

Reason to get excited I guess if I was the only Black NASCAR driver. Again, that has exactly what bearing on the 2024 Presidential race?

So yeah Dude, WTF is wrong with you?

You link a lot of bullshit. You should be able to find a link to these council meetings and these other videos...for starters. Then we can go from there. Taihtsat
You sorta have to when everything you believe in is built on the biggest pile of bullshit from one of the biggest bullshitters the world has ever seen.

Already did, clown.
Yeah and your news conference citizens referred to cat and dog eating exactly - zero times.

And I gotta ask - we make a lot of jokes about you not actually attended or graduating from WSU. Did you do either? And if a grad, in what disciplne?

Loyal in another tizzy.

Because I graduated from WSU, I’m smart enough to realize it was “Right-Wing”-Reuters who conducted the focus exercise.

I linked the feed from Breitbart knowing lazy or poor readers ( I don’t judge) would jump to false conclusions and ignore the point of the NEWS provided by Reuter's, via X (the newsstand on the corner) and instead launch character attacks on… me.

You should start another political thread on a basketball bored, loyal.

Loyal in another tizzy.

Because I graduated from WSU, I’m smart enough to realize it was “Right-Wing”-Reuters who conducted the focus exercise.

I linked the feed from Breitbart knowing lazy or poor readers ( I don’t judge) would jump to false conclusions and ignore the point of the NEWS provided by Reuter's, via X (the newsstand on the corner) and instead launch character attacks on… me.

You should start another political thread on a basketball bored, loyal.
Oh sorry - Reuters interviewed 10 people. Well that calls the election. Maybe they should now poll 10 million Swifties.

And I don't believe you. What was your degree from WSU? Sure as shit wasn't English. It's board, not bored. Not the first time you have misspelled this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT