ADVERTISEMENT

Run the Ball Cam!!!

Yup. He takes off on that third and long instead of throwing into double coverage we are kicking the FG to win not UW.

I mean, if he stops after running for 5 yards and packs a bowl, he still gets a 4th and doable

Cam is not a burner. It probably would have been 4th and 2 or 3 and he thought he’d complete the pass. I don’t have a problem with what he did on that play.

Reactions: bostoncoug
Cam is not a burner. It probably would have been 4th and 2 or 3 and he thought he’d complete the pass. I don’t have a problem with what he did on that play.
which you can go for. And he had a lot of green in front of him. Brock is watching from a Birds Eye view he knew.

Cam was really reluctant to pack it in and takeoff today when he had chances to. Not sure why but that would have won us the game.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
double coverage? at least make it catchable
I’ll go back and rewatch it but from what I remember it was the type of play that could be made but would have taken a perfect pass and throw but it would have essentially ensured at worst a tie and OT. I’m not going to fault him for making a split second decision that doesn’t work out.

I’ll go back and rewatch it but from what I remember it was the type of play that could be made but would have taken a perfect pass and throw but it would have essentially ensured at worst a tie and OT. I’m not going to fault him for making a split second decision that doesn’t work out.
Thats the problem. He doesn’t make the right decision too often in those cases. Worse (as appears to have been the case on this play), he decides, but doesn’t fully commit…and then second-guesses and does something different. If he’d make a decision and then just go with it, he’d be more effective

It was catchable. The holding call a play earlier was killer.
The holding calls all game were killer. Along with the bullshit spots. But luckily they also called UW for holding stone and jacks…..oh wait never mind.

I went back and watched it.
There was a DL that had an angle on him but he would have blown by him. He likely would have been stopped 2-3 yards short of the first down but that’s if he didn’t break a tackle.

Victor was 1 on 1 on a scramble route. It was a doable play.

He probably should have run but I’ve seen A LOT more questionable plays than that.

I went back and watched it.
There was a DL that had an angle on him but he would have blown by him. He likely would have been stopped 2-3 yards short of the first down but that’s if he didn’t break a tackle.

Victor was 1 on 1 on a scramble route. It was a doable play.

He probably should have run but I’ve seen A LOT more questionable plays than that.

Ok...but we have been effective on 3rd and 4th and manageable tonight.

Plus...as 425 said, the clock keeps ticking or we force a timeout

It was catchable. The holding call a play earlier was killer.
My thoughts exactly! Second down and 2 yards to go from the mutt 44 yard line, and we get a holding call. So was that the zebras first official nod to the team that was supposed to win the game for the conference or was it a good call?

I agree.

But if he had run, the complaints about how he should have thrown instead might have been more entertaining. So, I will hold that against him for eternity.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
I agree.

But if he had run, the complaints about how he should have thrown instead might have been more entertaining. So, I will hold that against him for eternity.
Yep. There surely was someone wide open for a first down not pictured on the screen he should have seen if his head wasn’t up his arse.

My thoughts exactly! Second down and 2 yards to go from the mutt 44 yard line, and we get a holding call. So was that the zebras first official nod to the team that was supposed to win the game for the conference or was it a good call?
I am not a big conspiracy person, but there were probably 4 PI’s where their DB chopped down before the ball made it to the receiver . The TD catch just before half the receiver was hit before the ball arrived .
The hold probably was a hold . But the crucial call was the roughing the passer. Killer.

I am not a big conspiracy person, but there were probably 4 PI’s where their DB chopped down before the ball made it to the receiver . The TD catch just before half the receiver was hit before the ball arrived .
The hold probably was a hold . But the crucial call was the roughing the passer. Killer.
Yes it was. And I bet if you go back and look at the full game replay you would find 5-6 times that Ward was hit after releasing the ball that was worse than this. And not one of them was called. When things happen time after time you (generically, not you specifically) need to start moving from conspiracy theory to facing a reality. Meaning, time to fire some PAC 2 officials.

Yes it was. And I bet if you go back and look at the full game replay you would find 5-6 times that Ward was hit after releasing the ball that was worse than this. And not one of them was called. When things happen time after time you (generically, not you specifically) need to start moving from conspiracy theory to facing a reality. Meaning, time to fire some PAC 2 officials.
Are there PAC-2 refs?

Pass rushers were beating Tialavea like a rented mule. The hold calls were legit.

Now, of course, it would be great to hear why uw was not getting called for holds too.

Reactions: Coug90
Pass rushers were beating Tialavea like a rented mule. The hold calls were legit.

Now, of course, it would be great to hear why uw was not getting called for holds too.
There was a great one that I think was the play where they completed to westover on 3rd & long. Jackson had beaten their tackle, and the RT had both arms out hanging onto BJ’s shoulder and arm. Full extension. Directly in front of the umpire, clearly affecting his chance at Penix, and the umpire had an unobstructed view. Clear as day at full speed, even worse when they showed the replay to show ‘how calm Penix is under pressure.’ No flag. No mention by the announcers.

He got drilled late on the first pick. That’s a PF 99/100 times. No way they were waving it off.

That said, the way the game was called the PF on the field goal was shocking. It was a foul, but if you could ever overlook something that was it. They call that…then they let Stone and Jackson get mugged on their way to the QB when the entire stadium and viewing audience can see it. Truly don’t get it.

Agreed. Didn’t have a problem with most of the holding calls on us. The one late seemed…predetermined…we need to slow this drive down type of shit.

Put there were 2-3 easy holding calls on the edge on UW throughout the game that they looked the other way on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT