ADVERTISEMENT

Shit political thread. Stop it!

Well, of course they don't. Same goes for the other guys. The specious arguments against requiring ID, for instance, are fairy tale bullshit because they want to win, and if you get a D enough wine and they believe they are in a friendly audience (as I see all the time in my line of work; my firm is Silicon Valley-based, focused on tech, and at least 95% D), they'll admit it and a lot of other things.

I will say moving to Texas was a huge eye-opener with respect to votiing, taking politics out of it. Voting here is a pain in the ass and I still have a hard time getting used to it. Back in Washington, it was great Take your time with information online and the voter packet, go through it with my wife (if we wanted), and send the thing in at leisure.

In contrast, here, going to stand in line and vote in person with an awkward machine, primarily just having to rely on your memory of the questions/issues/candidates, or standing there with an awkward pamphlet or whatever (if even allowed), blows. I live in the "nice area," so there usually aren't huge lines and it isn't that big of a deal, but it still is a much worse process and obviously more difficult to even undertake at all.
For all the bitching about this, I’m guessing a lot of these folks have no problem conducting other government business virtually. Renewing vehicle licenses, business licenses, taxes, etc. pretty important shit…how come you don’t go stand in line at a government office if it’s such a concern?

Only reason they think voting this way is fraudulent is because they believe the
assholes that replay the Joseph Goebels playbook and lie about it over and over. Believe what you want to believe. Hear what you want to hear. See what you want to see.

And mail in balloting is wraught with opportunity for fraud.
Is it really? Are people committing federal offenses by tampering with US Mail and forging signatures?

There is literally no evidence of any meaningful fraud via mail in ballots to speak of. There are only mouthpieces with an agenda trying to get yahoos’ panties in a bunch in order to manipulate them. Look at the squirrel, look at the squirrel. Look at the squirrel.

Encryption isn’t infallible nor is in person voting. It’s the scale of fraud you should be worried about and there is just no evidence it exists. Look at the squirrel.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Every election has fraud. The question is whether the amount of fraud would potentially swing the results.

I can't say definitely that it wouldn't have in 2020. Maybe it would have or maybe it wouldn't. You can't say definitely either.
The terms "election interference" and "election fraud" are thrown about often, sometimes synonymously, sometimes misused, etc.

In terms of dead people voting (election fraud), I'd set the over/under at 2,000 nationwide. It just didn't happen. On the other hand, I think an argument can be made something like the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop coupled with the letter from the spooks about "hallmarks of Russian disinformation" was election interference.

Trump lost. Biggly. His closest supporters have admitted it. 60 lawsuits have been tossed.

The math doesn’t check out for people who think he won. Here’s why: A. Hillary won the popular vote. This is important with what follows here. In his 4 years since, he agitated a LOT of people and drove them to the polls who normally wouldn’t have voted OR would have voted R but hated him. My parents are in their 70s, hilllary was the first D they voted for, and they will never vote R again because of him. You dimwits don’t realize how many people like them there are. There are a LOT.

3. R voters and his hard core supporters are getting old and dying off (sorry to be morbid but it’s simple demographics) while those who are becoming voting age are voting heavily D. Simple math and a factual reality.

For the record I think Biden sucks so I’m not saying this to slobber on his knob and I’m not a D. Y’all need to give up the fantasy that the election was rigged and flush that turd if you want to get your country back.
Or…you can all keep circle jerking to your fantasy if it makes you feel better while those of us with a working calculator laugh at you 🤷
A handful of states isn't bigly. And how long was it before the results were clear, 5-7 days?

The terms "election interference" and "election fraud" are thrown about often, sometimes synonymously, sometimes misused, etc.

In terms of dead people voting (election fraud), I'd set the over/under at 2,000 nationwide. It just didn't happen. On the other hand, I think an argument can be made something like the suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop coupled with the letter from the spooks about "hallmarks of Russian disinformation" was election interference.
I'll take that a step further. Of those 2,000 dead people voting, I'd bet that a majority of them are people who voted and then died before the election. Another chunk of them were probably people who died, and their spouse voted the wrong ballot. The number of truly fraudulent votes by dead people is likely to be very small.

Every election, I read the voter's guide, I read the ballot measures, I study the candidates and vote my ballot. Then I interpret all of that information for my wife, and 95% of the time she votes based on my interpretation. So I kind of get 2 votes. I bet that a LOT more of those occur than dead people voting.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG

This is a good point and one I made a few months ago here.

The election certainly had our federal government weighing in to bias the election in Biden’s favor, with the complicity of our corrupt lying corporate media and lying social media outlets. It was a scam and very unfair, and no doubt impacted the results significantly.

I'll take that a step further. Of those 2,000 dead people voting, I'd bet that a majority of them are people who voted and then died before the election. Another chunk of them were probably people who died, and their spouse voted the wrong ballot. The number of truly fraudulent votes by dead people is likely to be very small.

Every election, I read the voter's guide, I read the ballot measures, I study the candidates and vote my ballot. Then I interpret all of that information for my wife, and 95% of the time she votes based on my interpretation. So I kind of get 2 votes. I bet that a LOT more of those occur than dead people voting.
For certain offices, certainly. My wife, mother and father all ask me who to vote for for the Superior Court elections.

A handful of states isn't bigly. And how long was it before the results were clear, 5-7 days?
1. Depends on which states. Use your own adjectives, it doesn’t matter, he still lost. In every election there are seats that take days to determine a winner. This isn’t new, what was unique was the proportion of mail in ballots which was never a surprise leading up to the election.

2. I’m not arguing efficiency of government. Everything we do through the government takes way F’ing longer than it needs to.

3. There were about 450 known cases of fraud. Out of 150 million or so votes. A number that wouldn’t have come close to changing anything state by state. Not sure where you are pulling your 2000 dead people number from. I’d venture to guess most of the dead people votes came in for trump anyways. Yea just a guess, so skewer me for my lack of supporting facts.

One other followup on this topic of fair elections and fraud, I find it disturbing that the GOP complains about fraud as they promote severely gerrymandered maps that are intended to damage the prospects of the opposing party. The democrats are guilty of gerrymandering too, but the GOP has made that sh!t into art.

In Kansas, the City of Lawrence is a Democrat stronghold in a largely red state. If you look at the gerrymandered map shown below, you can see how the Kansas GOP sliced across the state and over into just a piece of Douglas County so that they could dilute Lawrence's influence on one of the US House seats in Kansas. The black lines show the original house district boundaries and the colors show the gerrymandered map.

Ad-Astra-2-Map-Web-1.jpg

Republicans love to talk about stolen elections and keeping elections fair and honest....but they are full of sh!t and don't care about anything but winning.

1. Depends on which states. Use your own adjectives, it doesn’t matter, he still lost. In every election there are seats that take days to determine a winner. This isn’t new, what was unique was the proportion of mail in ballots which was never a surprise leading up to the election.

2. I’m not arguing efficiency of government. Everything we do through the government takes way F’ing longer than it needs to.

3. There were about 450 known cases of fraud. Out of 150 million or so votes. A number that wouldn’t have come close to changing anything state by state. Not sure where you are pulling your 2000 dead people number from. I’d venture to guess most of the dead people votes came in for trump anyways. Yea just a guess, so skewer me for my lack of supporting facts.
I never said Trump won. Close elections get drawn out because of mandatory recounts. The margin was not bigly, or any similar adjective. It was close election.

One other followup on this topic of fair elections and fraud, I find it disturbing that the GOP complains about fraud as they promote severely gerrymandered maps that are intended to damage the prospects of the opposing party. The democrats are guilty of gerrymandering too, but the GOP has made that sh!t into art.

In Kansas, the City of Lawrence is a Democrat stronghold in a largely red state. If you look at the gerrymandered map shown below, you can see how the Kansas GOP sliced across the state and over into just a piece of Douglas County so that they could dilute Lawrence's influence on one of the US House seats in Kansas. The black lines show the original house district boundaries and the colors show the gerrymandered map.

Ad-Astra-2-Map-Web-1.jpg

Republicans love to talk about stolen elections and keeping elections fair and honest....but they are full of sh!t and don't care about anything but winning.
Democrats don't care about anything but winning too. HTH.

Reactions: Coug90

Ad-Astra-2-Map-Web-1.jpg

Of course both sides gerrymander. You understand this, right?

But Republicans suck at power politics. For the left, power is everything and all that matters. That is why they are so good in elections, especially presidential elections. That is why they never let a good crisis go to waste. It's an opportunity to gain more power.

Ad-Astra-2-Map-Web-1.jpg

Computers are really good at drawing these maps. If you just put in the parameter that it needs to draw X number of districts and they all need to have total population within Y percent of each other...it'll do it in seconds. Completely objectively, without regard to what party lives where. You get geographically small districts in urban areas, large ones out in the sticks.

It's when people get involved that the problems start. Either you've got an uneven split of Ds and Rs or you've diluted some minority population across multiple districts.

I think the districts should just be drawn blind and adopted. Don't even let people touch them.

Known cases? Like I said, I cannot say definitively that the election did have enough fraud that would have changed the outcome, and nor can you say it didn't. It may have or it may have not.

We can say that the media and those in leadership positions that were former CIA/Intel officials wrote a letter published by our lapdog media that discredited the Biden laptop scandal, based on nothing. And they knew it. In fact, Bidens's political hacks worked with the 50-ish signatories of the letter to make sure they published this bombshell just days before the election.

Of course both sides gerrymander. You understand this, right?

But Republicans suck at power politics. For the left, power is everything and all that matters. That is why they are so good in elections, especially presidential elections. That is why they never let a good crisis go to waste. It's an opportunity to gain more power.

I said above that I know that both sides are guilty of it. The GOP is just far more aggressive and egregious in their efforts. Gotta give the Alabama GOP credit for not even pretending that they care about checks and balances and the constitution anymore when they decided to ignore the Supreme Court.

I said above that I know that both sides are guilty of it. The GOP is just far more aggressive and egregious in their efforts. Gotta give the Alabama GOP credit for not even pretending that they care about checks and balances and the constitution anymore when they decided to ignore the Supreme Court.
Really gotta love what Wisconsin is doing. They lost the majority of the state Supreme Court, so they’ll just impeach the new judge. They’re also going to impeach the state election officer.

Really gotta love what Wisconsin is doing. They lost the majority of the state Supreme Court, so they’ll just impeach the new judge. They’re also going to impeach the state election officer.
Plus, in a state that essentially a toss-up state (that may lean ever-so-slightly to the left) the republican state legislature has gerrymandered the representative districts to favor the GOP by approx a 2-1 ratio. As 95 said these should either (essentially) by AI or by a non-partisan panel. That's all I have to say about that.

Why wouldn’t they be. They know the demographics of the voters more than I pointed out. The side that’s most desperate is going to act most desperate. They know they are F’d on the demographics alone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT