ADVERTISEMENT

What's with Husky fans?

There was no such claim made, so what is the relevance of your question? The so called “no work” jobs didn’t involve recruits.
It is not legal to simply give a recruit or a player money . Period

I don't have a freakin' clue what you mean by "cultural appropriation". For a Husky, I don't mind you. You're pretty dry, as is your humor. Just a slip, I'm guessing. Just a touchy phrase, man. Especially right now.

Simply put: I don’t think Cougar fans, Nirvana fans or Anthony Bourdain fans own some sort of protected barrier to suicide references. What I wouldn’t say to Tyler’s mother doesn’t enter into my thinking here.

It is not legal to simply give a recruit or a player money . Period

That’s not in dispute. But an impermissible benefit to a player already in your program is different in quality from a recruiting violation, and you know that.

That’s not in dispute. But an impermissible benefit to a player already in your program is different in quality from a recruiting violation, and you know that.
Tosh Lupoi approves of this post

Simply put: I don’t think Cougar fans, Nirvana fans or Anthony Bourdain fans own some sort of protected barrier to suicide references. What I wouldn’t say to Tyler’s mother doesn’t enter into my thinking here.
No one said we should all be "protected" from whatever references. I'm not some snowflake crying in the corner because you mentioned suicide. You are able to say virtually anything you'd like to say. To each their own.

It's about how you'd like to portrait yourself and if you think it was a mistake, owning up to it... or not. Like I said... Classy.

No one said we should all be "protected" from whatever references. I'm not some snowflake crying in the corner because you mentioned suicide. You are able to say virtually anything you'd like to say. To each their own.

It's about how you'd like to portrait yourself and if you think it was a mistake, owning up to it... or not. Like I said... Classy.
Huskies don’t make mistakes...see Don James rebuke above.

I think it was quite a stretch to turn my comments into a reference about your former player. Snowflake ish, at least.

Reactions: 79COUG
Kik

Are you arguing cheating isn’t cheating or simply the penalty for lack of inst

Cheating is cheating . Your argument seems that lack of institutional control should carry with it a lighter penalty .

I think it was quite a stretch to turn my comments into a reference about your former player.
Kik

Are you arguing cheating isn’t cheating or simply the penalty for lack of inst

Cheating is cheating . Your argument seems that lack of institutional control should carry with it a lighter penalty .

Punishment fitting the crime isn’t an unusual position to the minds of most people. Your lack of institutional control cases involved KNOWING violations by WSU personnel. Ours did not. Yet your punishment isn’t even memorable.

Punishment fitting the crime isn’t an unusual position to the minds of most people. Your lack of institutional control cases involved KNOWING violations by WSU personnel. Ours did not. Yet your punishment isn’t even memorable.
Right, Ol ignorant Donny had no idea what was going on behind the scenes of his perceived “spotless” program.

I’ll be back to my charming self when you’re all on suicide watch after the AC.

I think it was quite a stretch to turn my comments into a reference about your former player. Snowflake ish, at least.

Not a stretch at all. HH you said something stupid and insensitive on the WSU fan site. Just admit it and shut up about it.

You might be a witty guy but you are ignorant if you believe the coaches aren’t aware of these things going on in their programs. They spend hours upon hours with these kids, they know who their girlfriends are, what kind of cars they drive, and what size their underwear is. It’s a common excuse for coaches to claim they were in the dark but anyone not drinking the kool aid knows they are really just looking the other way...at best.

You might be a witty guy but you are ignorant if you believe the coaches aren’t aware of these things going on in their programs. They spend hours upon hours with these kids, they know who their girlfriends are, what kind of cars they drive, and what size their underwear is. It’s a common excuse for coaches to claim they were in the dark but anyone not drinking the kool aid knows they are really just looking the other way...at best.
C’mon, there was an investigation! Get with the program!

They knew or chose not to know . If Don James heard Daniaje Smith was hanging around the wrong crowd and brought him back to the shell house they knew about billy joe Camaro driving to practice in two new cars in a two week period of time . That happened right in front of their face .

Dennis Brown driving around in a truck that belonged to a booster. Beno Bryant working for herb mead in Cali and getting paid but never showing up for work .

Working at the Tyee golf course and also getting paid but not working the hours. Why not just hand them a bag of cash . It is the same thing . What is interesting is they had the money to pay a compliance person to watch over all of this . Yet they didn’t .

They knew or chose not to know . If Don James heard Daniaje Smith was hanging around the wrong crowd and brought him back to the shell house they knew about billy joe Camaro driving to practice in two new cars in a two week period of time . That happened right in front of their face .

Dennis Brown driving around in a truck that belonged to a booster. Beno Bryant working for herb mead in Cali and getting paid but never showing up for work .

Working at the Tyee golf course and also getting paid but not working the hours. Why not just hand them a bag of cash . It is the same thing . What is interesting is they had the money to pay a compliance person to watch over all of this . Yet they didn’t .

Your memory is failing you. The NCAA reports are all online to help.

Billy Joe got a car loan. That’s not illegal here in America.

Billy Joe got a car loan. That’s not illegal here in America.
Too funny . And wat income and job verification did he go through .

Too funny . The 50k was a “car loan”?

It is easy to say . We cheated . How much did it factor in? Who knows . But they did cheat . They paid players for not working . All activities that others do not have the same privilege.

Too funny . And wat income and job verification did he go through .

Too funny . The 50k was a “car loan”?

It is easy to say . We cheated . How much did it factor in? Who knows . But they did cheat . They paid players for not working . All activities that others do not have the same privilege.

You understand that Billy Joe’s loan didn’t come from a booster or alum, of course. Hell, it didn’t even come from a fan. The guy was looking for a return on his money.

The UW wasn’t sanctioned for it because the UW didn’t have anything to do with it. And Billy Joe paid the loan back with interest. Had he handled it properly, he himself might have suffered no consequences. The UW suffered no consequences for it.

You understand that Billy Joe’s loan didn’t come from a booster or alum, of course. Hell, it didn’t even come from a fan. The guy was looking for a return on his money.

The UW wasn’t sanctioned for it because the UW didn’t have anything to do with it. And Billy Joe paid the loan back with interest. Had he handled it properly, he himself might have suffered no consequences. The UW suffered no consequences for it.

You seriously going to spend the whole day tilting at windmills?

Don’t you have a big game against the Fightin’ Hawks to be watching?

You seriously going to spend the whole day tilting at windmills?

I was perfectly content with your concession that the shots were simply obligatory parts of Cougar culture. Your colleagues seem to want to continue however.

I was perfectly content with your concession that the shots were simply obligatory parts of Cougar culture. Your colleagues seem to want to continue however.

My comments have nothing to do with "Cougar culture". You saying that just makes you sound like a typical Husky douchebag. My comments were saying that you should never go to your rivals board and get into a discussion about NCAA penalties from 20+ years ago and expect anyone to agree with you. Also......everybody cheated back then.....even your beloved UW. They were just egregious enough to get caught. Were the penalties excessive? Maybe, but then again, don't cheat and you don't get penalized.

Again... lack of institutional control. The “non fan” was looking for return on his investment from a guy who didn’t have a job? Too funny .

He got the benefit because he played football . How many other car loans did this guy give out to people who didn’t have a job , to the general student population. ?

Reactions: Coug1990
Again... lack of institutional control. The “non fan” was looking for return on his investment from a guy who didn’t have a job? Too funny .

He got the benefit because he played football . How many other car loans did this guy give out to people who didn’t have a job , to the general student population. ?

The Huskies weren’t sanctioned because some guy nobody knew gave Hobert a loan. The guy wasn’t affiliated with the UW in any respect. Even the conference got it right. Not sure why this is so difficult for you.

Last edited:
The Huskies weren’t sanctioned because some guy nobody knew gave Hobert a loan. The guy wasn’t affiliated with the UW in any respect. Even the conference got it right. Not sure why this is so difficult for you.[/QUOTE

Lack of institutional control . It doesn’t matter if the guy was was affiliated with uw. He got a “benefit” that other students wouldn’t get because he was given the loan based on his future earnings. Just out of curiosity how did billy joe find this guy. Look him up on the internet ?

"Hobert told The Seattle Times he did not think the loan was an N.C.A.A. violation. The money was lent to Hobert by Charles Rice, a nuclear engineer from Idaho Falls, Idaho, the newspaper said. The loans were arranged by Rice's son-in-law, Rudy Finne, a Seattle longshoreman and golfing partner of Hobert's."

"Hobert told The Seattle Times he did not think the loan was an N.C.A.A. violation. The money was lent to Hobert by Charles Rice, a nuclear engineer from Idaho Falls, Idaho, the newspaper said. The loans were arranged by Rice's son-in-law, Rudy Finne, a Seattle longshoreman and golfing partner of Hobert's."
And who would know it is a violation ?

Yup the guy fell on the sword for the mutts.If he was willing to make a "loan " for that amount of money he would also fall on the sword and plead ignorance.That may or not be unusual for a mutt unusual for a mutt.

Nice whoosh.

The maker of the loan had no allegiance to the UW. Got a motive for him to lie, Sherlock?

As for Hobert, his pleading ignorance didn't amount to squat. It didn't hurt or help him or the UW.

Nice whoosh.

His pleading ignorance didn't amount to squat. It didn't hurt or help him or the UW.

The coaches and athletic department know it isn’t legal . Lack of institutional control .

The coaches and athletic department know it isn’t legal . Lack of institutional control .

Funny story. When they learned of it, Hobert was suspended. He never played another down.

And that's why even the Pac-10's Kangaroo Court didn't penalize Washington for the Billy Joe fiasco.

Last edited:
Funny story. When they learned of it, Hobert was suspended. He never played another down.

And that why even the Pac-10's Kangaroo Court didn't penalize Washington for the Billy Joe fiasco.

Funny though, the coaches DID know about it and only came clean after he got caught.

I agree with your approach! Making up your own facts makes the case much stronger!

This is my last post on this subject. But I truly hope you don’t believe that That is homerism and naivety to an unprecedented level.

This is my last post on this subject. But I truly hope you don’t believe that That is homerism and naivety to an unprecedented level.

I realize proving your position with evidence is an old fashioned notion, but I'm old school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT