ADVERTISEMENT

WSU vs Drake GAME THREAD

On the road, in a hotel, TruTv is the only channel they don't have. We'll actually it's in the guide but the screen says "program not available." THIS is why I cable cut, this bullshit with holding channels hostage and nickel and diming the customers.

Proud to be a pirate...

GO COUGS!

On the road, in a hotel, TruTv is the only channel they don't have. We'll actually it's in the guide but the screen says "program not available." THIS is why I cable cut, this bullshit with holding channels hostage and nickel and diming the customers.

Proud to be a pirate...

GO COUGS!
I have Tru, but unfortunately it's not in HD. So I am watching old school.

Number of at least semi contested, non open, semi bad shot selection 3's drake has hit.

So far it's 3.

Number of at least semi contested, non open, semi bad shot selection 3's drake has hit.

So far it's 3.

Drake has only had 2,3 open 3's that made.

Drake has missed 1,2,3 open 3's.

Meanwhile WSU has had LOTS of OPEN 3's, has only made about 27% to 30% to 33% of them.

WSU has had semi bad, semi ok shooting.

Good Shot selection, defended the 3 well, limited, prevented 3 point opportunities well.

Low TURNOVERS by WSU.

Good rebounding by WSU.

Drake has has at least semi bad 3 point shot selection.

Drake just hot, LUCKY that hitting mostly at least semi contested 3's.

WSU just UNLUCKY that missing GOOD SHOT SELECTION OPEN 3's.

Point is that Drake's LUCK at hitting semi contested 3's etc, will probably run out.

They are living by the 3, they will probably die by the 3.

WSU should be up by 10+

puzzled why Smith doesn't exploit obvious mismatches like Jones v Ferguson.

Decent half, they need to take care of the ball. They look like a very talented but young team. But I like the energy.

WSU played well. Should be up by 10+.

Only had about 4,5,6 first half turnovers.

Good rebounding.

Semi ok, to ok, semi decent to decent, semi good defense.

Only the 3 point shooting has been semi somewhat semi bad.

Drake just got LUCKY to hit those 3 at least semi contested to contested non open, semi bad shot selection 3's.

puzzled why Smith doesn't exploit obvious mismatches like Jones v Ferguson.

Decent half, they need to take care of the ball. They look like a very talented but young team. But I like the energy.

They only had about 4,5,6 first half turnovers, maybe 7 at the most.

While that's not good, it's not bad, and is semi ok, especially in a NCAA tourney game against a NCAA tourny team.

Tough game so far. Physical and tough defense.

More like semi bad to semi ok 3 point shooting, by WSU, and LUCKY shooting by Drake hitting 3 semi contested, non open, semi bad shot selection shots.
WSU should be up by 10+, and would be if not for that.

That will probably change in 2nd half, if when Drake stops hitting those kind of shots

Ok, Cougs are looking OK. Missed a couple of bunnies. Jones has to hit those close ones. His FT shooting, as we know, sucks.

True, but Drake hitting 3 semi contested to contested, non open, semi bad shot selection 3's did not help. If not for that, WSU would be up by 10+

More like semi bad to semi ok 3 point shooting, by WSU, and LUCKY shooting by Drake hitting 3 semi contested, non open, semi bad shot selection shots.
WSU should be up by 10+, and would be if not for that.

That will probably change in 2nd half, if when Drake stops hitting those kind of shots
I'll take up 4 at half. Jaki needs to come alive, he has before in the 2nd half. Nice to see Rice make a 3. Wells is on fire, keep it up buddy.

I approve of our substitutions. Timely rest for the starters. Keep getting the ball to Wells.

Drake cheerleaders are ugly.

Ok, Cougs are looking OK. Missed a couple of bunnies. Jones has to hit those close ones. His FT shooting, as we know, sucks.

And WSU only hitting about 27% to 30% to 33% to 36% of their open, noncontested, good shot selection 3 point shots, shot by semi good to good 3 point shooters, also didn't help.

First bad noncall, Drake big dipped his shoulder and tried to or either did BULLDOZE Jones. No offensive foul that should have been called.

why the f are we being bullied by a team much smaller than us? Jones got bullied then doesn't return the favor?

Come on Cougs, get tough!

Now Refs are letting Drake MUG our players and not call fouls on inside, on rebounds, loose balls, etc.

I think part of the problem, with why let a smaller team mug them, is that WSU players are like "HE FOULED ME, THAT WAS CLEARLY A FOUL, THE REFS SHOULD HAVE CALLED THAT, THEY WILL CALL IT NEXT TIME"

And they don't MUG back, because they think the refs will call it, deal with it.

And if they do MUG back, then they get called for the foul, and it hurts them, and the team.

That's why it's important that the refs don't not call fouls, and let the other team MUG, etc.

Jones was frustrated, as he was called for a foul that Drake hasn't been called for when Jones has been shooting

Geezus, they're just grabbing handfuls of jersey daring the refs to call the foul.

Of course and now WSU is getting frustrated, fouling back or fouling like Rice fouled the Drake player, to stop the transition semi break or go for steal or both, and of course the refs call the foul, while not calling the fouls if WSU fouled.

That's why it's hard for WSU to be tough back, Mug back, fight back, because if WSU players do that, then they get called for foul, and the refs, everyone that not a WSU fan, say look at the WSU players bully, mug, foul, etc, poor little, smaller Drake.

Meanwhile Refs will continue to not call fouls, when WSU mugged, bullied, fouled, etc.

Makes it hard to play tough, win, when they have to beat the refs letting Drake mug, bully, foul WSU, and not call the foul, but yet WSU can't respond in kind without being called for a foul.

Turnovers are more of an issue. We can't seem to pass or catch any passes tonight.

Of course and now WSU is getting frustrated, fouling back or fouling like Rice fouled the Drake player, to stop the transition semi break or go for steal or both, and of course the refs call the foul, while not calling the fouls if WSU fouled.

That's why it's hard for WSU to be tough back, Mug back, fight back, because if WSU players do that, then they get called for foul, and the refs, everyone that not a WSU fan, say look at the WSU players bully, mug, foul, etc, poor little, smaller Drake.

Meanwhile Refs will continue to not call fouls, when WSU mugged, bullied, fouled, etc.

Makes it hard to play tough, win, when they have to beat the refs letting Drake mug, bully, foul WSU, and not call the foul, but yet WSU can't respond in kind without being called for a foul.

I wonder if the refs are purposely letting Drake mug, bully WSU, not call a foul, when that happens, and then call fouls on WSU, call it one way for Drake to keep Drake in game for a so called better, closer game, for better TV ratings.

must be a ton of action on the Bulldogs.

and again the Cougs can't make a layup.

and they refuse to take a 3.

so I'm not sure wtf Smith is telling these guys, but I can't emphasize enough how important it is to the Cougs hopes of being taken seriously as a P5 school to not get stomped by Drake.

I wonder if the refs are purposely letting Drake mug, bully WSU, not call a foul, when that happens, and then call fouls on WSU, call it one way for Drake to keep Drake in game for a so called better, closer game, for better TV ratings.

Yeah must be why the cougs are turning it over and missing point blank shots too.

Turnovers are more of an issue. We can't seem to pass or catch any passes tonight.

Turnovers are not the only, biggest thing.

WSU only had 4,5,6 turnovers in first half, and only 3,4,5 turnovers so far in 2nd half, and probably have about 12,13,14 turnovers by end of game, that's not that bad for a NCAA tourny game, against a tourny team.

When you COMBINE turnovers, with Refs calling it one sided for Drake and letting Drake MUG WSU players and not call the fouls

COMBINED

with semi bad 3 point shooting their open, good shot selection 3 point shots, by WSU.
Combined with Drake hitting 3 SEMI CONTESTED TO CONTESTED, NON OPEN, BAD SHOT SELECTION 3's
COMBINED with Drakes RED HOT 3 point shooting despite WSU's ok 3 point shot defense.

If not for that ALL COMBINED TOGETHER, WSU would be up by 13+ to 15+

STOP ONLY BLAMING IT ONLY ON TURNOVERS.

Yeah must be why the cougs are turning it over and missing point blank shots too.
Well getting jobbed on the out of bounds call didn't help. And 2 illegal block calls? C'mon guys.

Nothing but 3 point shots from here on out....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT