ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming game thread

Beating ourselves at this point. I HATE that stupid dump off pass. And then the D takes a few plays off... nice.

I love the shovel pass. It's far more effective than a draw in the shotgun. But that one got blown up

Who is responsible for subbing players? It's such a CF to see the f'ing referee standing over the ball because we subbed a guy in with less than 10 seconds to go on the play clock. Goddamn that is stupid.

Who is responsible for subbing players? It's such a CF to see the f'ing referee standing over the ball because we subbed a guy in with less than 10 seconds to go on the play clock. Goddamn that is stupid.

Coaches have first game jitters too.

Solid on the kickers. Should be up at least 14 by now. Some bad breaks but so far likevwhat I’m seeing. Minshew is an upgrade from falk.

OL is tentative, especially when pulling to lead block. Taking too long to decide who to hit. Vision isn’t great in picking up the blitz either.

Running a lot of plays early is going to bite us later. We’ll start getting winded late, especially at positions without much depth like DL

Too early for that declaration.
Sorry. Minshew upgrade from LAST YEARS Falk. Pretty evident so far. Mobility swagger pocket awareness willingness to run it 3 straight times. Love me some falk but let’s look forward and improve at the most important position on the field.

Like what I''ve seen from Minshew in his first game thus far. Still would like to see a few more running plays. Wyoming d-line is not looking for the run and teeing off on most plays. Need to keep them honest.
Coug Defense. No complaints.

Is it just me or was the run working. Again 1 run stuffed and we just scrap the run game? Only one holding this offense back is leach.

Reactions: MikeFingLeach
Sorry. Minshew upgrade from LAST YEARS Falk. Pretty evident so far. Mobility swagger pocket awareness willingness to run it 3 straight times. Love me some falk but let’s look forward and improve at the most important position on the field.

Falk could finish close games. We’ll see how Gardner does.

We look like a pretty average Mountain West team right now.

Terrible pick by GM and then D just gets schooled.

Do we have any WRs besides Martin?

Cougs down 16-13
Three turnovers to none can equalize these things.
One bad snap.
One weird shuttle pass for intercept / fumble
One missed block on a blitz ends in bad decision by QB
Gotta fix those.

Wyoming is not letting their QB throw downfield but he has not turned the ball over.

STill only down by 3. If this was a pac-12 game Cougs would be down by 17 or more.

Yeah, you're right, they're awesome--as long as we keep turning the ball over to them, they'll keep scoring.

Every year, as reliable as sunrise, our fans make broad, sweeping statements in the first half of the first game.

this could get ugly. GM all of a sudden looks like trash. We all know Leach doesn't switch QBs mid game so better home GM snaps out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT