ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming game thread

Good game DC Poke.
You have a good team and gave the Cougs fits.
Best of luck the rest of the way.

Could have gone victory formation and Bohl would have let the clock run out.
I can see it both ways--he's got a rookie QB that needs every game snap he can get to get ready for P12 play, so why not use every down you have to work on your game?

Leach is kind of being a dick here IMO.

Well.....we tried to run the ball and they had stacked the box and tackled us for a loss. We might have been able to do the victory formation, but then again, Leach has always had the attitude of playing to the finish. It just means we can't complain if someone does it to us.

I can see it both ways--he's got a rookie QB that needs every game snap he can get to get ready for P12 play, so why not use every down you have to work on your game?

I’m ok with the perspective as long as we don’t cry when other coaches do it to us.

Not gonna help for Sweet. He has great hands. His problem is fear of contact. Not gonna coach that out.
He is not and will never be Cracraft. Luckily there’s a lot of other options and a QB not afraid to use them.

As someone posted it's what Leach does so not a surprise. Coaches talked after the game so Bohl didn't appear upset. I'm sure he's thinking about his team than a decision from Leach.

Leach is kind of being a dick here IMO.
I think it was Brink who pointed out on the radio that two or three ESPN geniuses were predicting a Cougar loss. Like Flat mentioned, run shut down, so pass. And yeah, score those points.

I think it was Brink who pointed out on the radio that two or three ESPN geniuses were predicting a Cougar loss. Like Flat mentioned, run shut down, so pass. And yeah, score those points.
If you're up by 35, sure, hand it off. But as we saw, we aren't so good that we can take our foot off the gas at with a lead.I recall a 10-point lead in the first quarter that felt pretty solid, and that disappeared in a heartbeat.

Leach has stated in his book to not let up, keep doing what you do and not to let up. He will never completely go to victory formation when his belief is: Stop Us!

That’s a prediction. A bet. In fact, I think we’ll lose this by 3TDs.

You realize what kind of idiot that you look like throughout this thread ?

I promise myself never to post during games, but if I did I would probably work to erase of some ot stupidity. But is guess you are proud of it.

Excellent 3 quarters, 1 bad quarter. I'll take it. Both sides of the ball played well the entire second half. Wyoming lost their stud RB early in that second half but I don't know if it would've made much of a difference. James Williams had a game but I'd like to see Borghi get a few more rushing attempts. He did pretty well in the only carry he had....14 yard TD running over guys.

Oscar the Punter appears to be solid. (Of course, 7-thousand + elevation helps)....and Mazza did well on the FGs. Silvels is a revelation....pretty good for a 2-star recruit. I also thought it was good to get Pelluer back....he's rarely out of position and tough as nails.

I also hope fans don't make Sweet this year's whipping boy. He's a solid receiver and I, for one, don't mind having his pair of hands back their catching punts.

Glad Cougar

You realize what kind of idiot that you look like throughout this thread ?

I promise myself never to post during games, but if I did I would probably work to erase of some ot stupidity. But is guess you are proud of it.

I look like an idiot all the time. I’m ok with it. I’m a high anxiety Cougar fan. I thought at halftime that Wyoming was going to pound the ball down our throats and that there was nothing we could do about it. Our offense set the tone in the 3rd quarter, and the defense played much better.

Now, with all of that said, I’m still highly concerned about our defensive line. Wyoming has an awful offense, with no breakaway players, and a high school QB. We’ll need a complete effort on both sides of the ball to win 7 games this year, but that’s what most of us expected.

Nice rally today. There’s no denying it.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
I look like an idiot all the time. I’m ok with it. I’m a high anxiety Cougar fan. I thought at halftime that Wyoming was going to pound the ball down our throats and that there was nothing we could do about it. Our offense set the tone in the 3rd quarter, and the defense played much better.

Now, with all of that said, I’m still highly concerned about our defensive line. Wyoming has an awful offense, with no breakaway players, and a high school QB. We’ll need a complete effort on both sides of the ball to win 7 games this year, but that’s what most of us expected.

Nice rally today. There’s no denying it.
Since you said that after the first half, you get a pass on the "broad, sweeping comments" chiding

It was a nice second half against a good ream. It was great not to see Falk back rhere taking sacks. I hope the QB continues to improve

It was a nice second half against a good ream. It was great not to see Falk back rhere taking sacks. I hope the QB continues to improve
You posted twice after this victory over Wyoming and both times you referenced Falk. He graduated. Let it go, don't let his time at WSU consume you so much.

Even when you "compliment" the team, I don't understand why you are compelled to remind everyone about your feelings regarding last year's QB.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT