ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming game thread

The drops along with all the other "stuff" is killing us. Sweet, Calvin a couple times, and now Martin. Can't have it. Had a chance to get out of this half without them touching the ball again.

Thank god getting into HT only down 3. Too many mistakes! Pound the rock and test them deep. Young small corners should be owning them.

Not using our receivers. There are a lot of other guys out there NOT named Tay.

Maybe the youngsters on this board who talk about PAC 12football will realize that football is football. They talk about 56-12 scores which was utter nonsense. I hope the cougs can come back but this why i did not bet on this game

Message to Spurrier Jr., et al.: every receiver that drops an easy pass spends Monday practice getting tennis balls whipped his way, and for every dropped tennis ball he gets to do 10 pushups. When he can't do any more of those, off to the beach for some time in the sand.

Sick of that sh!t--what other team that focuses so much on passing do you see the kind of drops we get out of our guys?

The defense doesn’t look *bad*, they’re just getting exposed up front, which is precisely what we all feared.

This is going to be an interesting ride. Minshew's reads are fine, but the receivers are all gonna have a highlight reel by the end of the year if he keeps forcing them to make circus catches.

We are going to need the run to be effective if we want to win games this year. GM looked better on that drive... although some of those throws were behind the WR.

Minshew continuously keeps throwing high. Setting up receivers to get blown up and not be able to get yac. Not impressed.

This is going to be an interesting ride. Minshew's reads are fine, but the receivers are all gonna have a highlight reel by the end of the year if he keeps forcing them to make circus catches.

To be fair, Tay has dropped a couple of dimes; one of them a perfect deep ball on the last drive.

Sweet returning punts? He's obviously going to catch it but doesn't provide much else. Surprised to see him back there.

The defense doesn’t look *bad*, they’re just getting exposed up front, which is precisely what we all feared.

I disagree with that. It's the backers. Go back and watch those runs up the middle and you'll see the linebackers are getting out angled and out blocked.

My guess is that Sweet is the only one that catches the ball dependably.....cuz he sucks at actually running once he's caught it.
Most likely. Was hoping to see Harris get a crack or maybe Calvin. Probably Borghi in time but too early to put him back there.

Well the first game jitters have to be gone. Wyoming can't rely on 3 WSU 2nd half turnovers.
WSU was unlucky when that fumble went out of bounds earlier.
Start of the 4th with 3rd and long and a one point lead.

Many predicted a close game and they are right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT