ADVERTISEMENT

New Debate thread?

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
Thought maybe we could leave the trainwreck thread behind and start a new one. I'll be glued to the sett tomorrow (Tuesday) as I'm sure much of the nation will. This will be a good one. Trumpe, etc. whining loudly about the ABC moderators. C'mon - it's the answers that matter not who is asking the questions.

Harris has to do what Biden couldn't. Goad Trump into losing it on stage, call out his lies calmly and specifically, and avoid an alphabet soup of statistics and figures. And above all stay calm. Don't be afraid to cackle a bit at his lies.

Trump? Staying coherent and on tpoic would be a key strategy. Not lying might be another. Don't count on either of these.

Oh and I will remain glued to the set for the subsequent Reichart-Ferguson gubernatorial debate. I think Reichart has the best chance to pull off a win since the fist Rossi-Gregoire train robbery election. I'm voting for Reichart BTW.

Sure, why not. I think this bored would be a great place to start all sorts of political 🧵‘S

Great idea, loyal.

Sure, why not. I think this bored would be a great place to start all sorts of political 🧵‘S

Great idea, loyal.
Well it's a chance for you to actually engage in adult conversation rather than continue to endlessly search for and post your ridiculous BS "X" links. Give it a try.

Well it's a chance for you to actually engage in adult conversation rather than continue to endlessly search for and post your ridiculous BS "X" links. Give it a try.
Oh come on. You know everything he says is going to be retweeted and spun within seconds.

Not going to watch a second of the debates. Not voting for either Trump or Harris….and it doesn’t matter. Also won’t vote for Ferguson, probably will for Reichert. So no reason to watch that one either.

Thought maybe we could leave the trainwreck thread behind and start a new one. I'll be glued to the sett tomorrow (Tuesday) as I'm sure much of the nation will. This will be a good one. Trumpe, etc. whining loudly about the ABC moderators. C'mon - it's the answers that matter not who is asking the questions.

Harris has to do what Biden couldn't. Goad Trump into losing it on stage, call out his lies calmly and specifically, and avoid an alphabet soup of statistics and figures. And above all stay calm. Don't be afraid to cackle a bit at his lies.

Trump? Staying coherent and on tpoic would be a key strategy. Not lying might be another. Don't count on either of these.

Oh and I will remain glued to the set for the subsequent Reichart-Ferguson gubernatorial debate. I think Reichart has the best chance to pull off a win since the fist Rossi-Gregoire train robbery election. I'm voting for Reichart BTW.

I’m not watching the debates. I’m going to wait for Uber to post Laura Loomers unbiased cliff notes.

Oh come on. You know everything he says is going to be retweeted and spun within seconds.

Not going to watch a second of the debates. Not voting for either Trump or Harris….and it doesn’t matter. Also won’t vote for Ferguson, probably will for Reichert. So no reason to watch that one either.
You mean Uber actually posts on X? I don't subscribe so would not know (or care for that matter).

And voting does matter, even in Washington. The popular vote is an important thing.

I haven't really seen much campaign stuff from either Ferguson or Reichert, but Ferguson strikes me as a pencil neck lawyer who thinks being the AG makes him a shoo-in for Governor. Like we need another one of those. I like Reichert, from his sheriff days solving the Green River killer case to his moderate tenure in Congress. Solid guy. Maybe the new Dan Evans. Washington State has gone so far to the left with its laws and regulations and ever-spiraling minimum wage. Putting an "R" in the Governor's mansion is a needed thing in my humble and moderate opinion.

I’m not watching the debates. I’m going to wait for Uber to post Laura Loomers unbiased cliff notes.
The clips will be everywhere by everyone, instantly. I wouldn’t be surprised if X sets a record for political engagement. All sides reacting to the clip. Reacting to the reaction(s) real-time.

You mean Uber actually posts on X? I don't subscribe so would not know (or care for that matter).

And voting does matter, even in Washington. The popular vote is an important thing.

I haven't really seen much campaign stuff from either Ferguson or Reichert, but Ferguson strikes me as a pencil neck lawyer who thinks being the AG makes him a shoo-in for Governor. Like we need another one of those. I like Reichert, from his sheriff days solving the Green River killer case to his moderate tenure in Congress. Solid guy. Maybe the new Dan Evans. Washington State has gone so far to the left with its laws and regulations and ever-spiraling minimum wage. Putting an "R" in the Governor's mansion is a needed thing in my humble and moderate opinion.
in a presidential election, Popular vote doesn’t matter and any vote outside of king county doesn’t matter in Washington. Harris will win, so it doesn’t matter who I vote for.

Ferguson has been pulling the strings on the wooden puppet that is Inslee for a couple years. Last thing we need is more of the bullshit ‘let’s just do what California does’ approach. I’m not 100% with Reichert on issues, but he’s more moderate than most and more importantly he seems to be reasonable. Something that’s increasingly rare in office seekers, particularly the ones that have an R after their name.

I agree. What do you think loyal, 90, clown, pimp?

Think Kamala has the Q’s in hand already?

I think Trump and his band of cultists will come up with any excuse they can prior to and after his failures. This is just another example.

Biggest crybaby on the planet and Trumptards just follow his lead.

so does that mean you’re down for a “NO” Kamala did not get the debate Q’s ahead of time? Or, you just being salty?

so does that mean you’re down for a “NO” Kamala did not get the debate Q’s ahead of time? Or, you just being salty?
Reread my response. It really doesn’t matter they will lay the groundwork for an excuse for failure ahead of time. Good chance Trump gets embarrassed tonight. This is an easy out. Same thing as the “if we lose the elections are rigged” crap.

Doesn’t really matter if she gets the questions or not, your dear leader will still whine about it and you all will eat it up and repeat it.

Trump just needs to do exactly what he did last time. He was pretty even-handed dealing with a clearly flustered and occasionally rambling Biden. I think Trump from 4 years ago would've been much more rude and obnoxious. He had plenty of opportunities to do so and, to my view, held back.

All Harris has to do is avoid being taken off topic, be likable and to succinctly present her vision.

I simply don't expect any major blunders by either side. That's all I have to say about that.

Trump just needs to do exactly what he did last time. He was pretty even-handed dealing with a clearly flustered and occasionally rambling Biden. I think Trump from 4 years ago would've been much more rude and obnoxious. He had plenty of opportunities to do so and, to my view, held back.

All Harris has to do is avoid being taken off topic, be likable and to succinctly present her vision.

I simply don't expect any major blunders by either side. That's all I have to say about that.
Perhaps. She’s made a living as a prosecuting attorney making criminals squirm in their seats. Trumps probably dumber than the average criminal she prosecuted, and his biggest weakness is not being able to keep his mouth shut. I think it’s highly likely she makes him look a fool. Now how much does that matter and to whom? People are already in the camp that Trump is a fool or he’s the chosen one. Maybe 5% of the audience can be swayed.

Her approach even in the planning stages has been - and will be - to try and get him on tangents and tirades. She isn't going to do anything to affect his base. The people who are already voting for him aren't changing their minds. She needs to look rational and reasonable while he rants about a wall, masks, criminals, whatever.

All he has to do is not rise to the bait. Stick to his answers and ignore hers. She'll then have to try harder and say things that are more pointed and less moderate...and then she starts alienating the middle.

Biden was so bad that Trump didn't have to say anything in the first debate. Joe took himself down. It's not going to be that way this time, and I'm not sure DT can keep his mouth shut.

From her side...it's kind of the same - ignore his answers, except where you can turn them around to frustrate him...and start a rant. Stay on message, don't let his attacks send you on tangents. Be factual and cite experts, but not too many statistics.

He's not going to lose his base in this debate. If he walked on stage and punched her in the face, they'd sacrifice their firstborn on their way to vote for him. He's coming to gather undecideds, and his odds of that go up if he can avoid looking like a crazy asshole.

She can lose base. Probably not a lot, but some. If she's calm, coherent, and - above all - moderate, she gains undecideds.

So...which is more likely: her appearing moderate, or him not looking like a crazy asshole?

Her approach even in the planning stages has been - and will be - to try and get him on tangents and tirades. She isn't going to do anything to affect his base. The people who are already voting for him aren't changing their minds. She needs to look rational and reasonable while he rants about a wall, masks, criminals, whatever.

All he has to do is not rise to the bait. Stick to his answers and ignore hers. She'll then have to try harder and say things that are more pointed and less moderate...and then she starts alienating the middle.

Biden was so bad that Trump didn't have to say anything in the first debate. Joe took himself down. It's not going to be that way this time, and I'm not sure DT can keep his mouth shut.

From her side...it's kind of the same - ignore his answers, except where you can turn them around to frustrate him...and start a rant. Stay on message, don't let his attacks send you on tangents. Be factual and cite experts, but not too many statistics.

He's not going to lose his base in this debate. If he walked on stage and punched her in the face, they'd sacrifice their firstborn on their way to vote for him. He's coming to gather undecideds, and his odds of that go up if he can avoid looking like a crazy asshole.

She can lose base. Probably not a lot, but some. If she's calm, coherent, and - above all - moderate, she gains undecideds.

So...which is more likely: her appearing moderate, or him not looking like a crazy asshole?
I like your suggestion- Trump wins by a knockout as he sucker punches Kamalalala in the nose as she reaches to shake his hand! LOL

Back in reality land, if she is appearing moderate with her answers she will be lying her ass off and should get fact checked into oblivion. Trump just needs to do a replay of his annihilation of Biden and he'll be fine.

I like your suggestion- Trump wins by a knockout as he sucker punches Kamalalala in the nose as she reaches to shake his hand! LOL

Back in reality land, if she is appearing moderate with her answers she will be lying her ass off and should get fact checked into oblivion. Trump just needs to do a replay of his annihilation of Biden and he'll be fine.
We've seen pretty clearly that fact checking makes no difference with voters.

We've seen pretty clearly that fact checking makes no difference with voters.
And debate performance will make no difference with the MSM. Kamalalala could come out and vomit all over the podium and then pass out from fright and the MSM will still award her trophy for best performance in a presidential debate since Reagan asked if voters were better off than they were 4 years ago.

I mean if you’re gonna be a sexual assaulter, might as well be slapping women around as well 🤷

Putin is going to have a rather unpleasant conversation with Trump after this. I’d stay clear of windows for a while Donny

GOD SAVE US FROM BOTH THE REPUBS, DEMOCRATS, TRUMP, KAMALA HARRIS, HER VP, THAT BEING CURRENTLY INVESTIGATED BY FEDERAL USA GOVT, THAT SEMI MIGHT SEMI PROBABLY BE CHARGED.

Both parties choose the worst possible candidates.

I'm either going to vote 3rd Party, or Wrote in NONE OF THE ABOVE, or WRITE IN SOMEBODY'S name, on the Ballot, or not vote, etc.

Kamala won the debate. I watched some of it in a restaurant while eating dinner with no volume or closed caption.

Democrats would be foolish to allow her to debate again.

Kamala won the debate. I watched some of it in a restaurant while eating dinner with no volume or closed caption.

Democrats would be foolish to allow her to debate again.
Neither of them has anything to gain from another debate

FOX claims they sent an invite to both candidates last night for an October debate.

Trump apparently was on FOX this morning agreeing to another debate but without Never Trumper hosts Brett Bair and Martha McCallum.

FOX claims they sent an invite to both candidates last night for an October debate.

Trump apparently was on FOX this morning agreeing to another debate but without Never Trumper hosts Brett Bair and Martha McCallum.
If I’m Kamala why would I debate again. It’s like if we kick UWs ass on Saturday and they demand a rematch during our normally scheduled date.

Laziest of comments. False equivalency. Do you really believe the distortions and lies were on the same level. Holy fvck. Taihtsat
Clown’s right.

Kamala’s whoppers were over the top, blatant gas lighting. Trump missed many opportunities last night based on clips I saw this morning.

No chance Kamala’s handlers allow her to debate again.

• Haha
Reactions: Coug90
Clown’s right.

Kamala’s whoppers were over the top, blatant gas lighting. Trump missed many opportunities last night based on clips I saw this morning.

No chance Kamala’s handlers allow her to debate again.
Of course! We ALL know trump won the debate. After all, he said so himself! And quite obviously the best one he's ever had. Taihtsat

Laziest of comments. False equivalency. Do you really believe the distortions and lies were on the same level. Holy fvck. Taihtsat
I think it's pretty accurate, actually. Both candidates made statements that have been openly debunked. Both distorted facts and focused on narrow misrepresentations. The moderators second-guessed, corrected, and reference checked him, not her.

This wasn't a debate, it was black comedy theater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT