ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs. ducks

Hoping Chun has a contract for Dickert to sign on the flight home.
No matter what happens next, that has been 10 pretty solid quarters of football under the worst possible circumstances against the teeth of our schedule, and playing the #3 team in the NCAA straight up on the road. In all seriousness, nobody could have imagined this. Just look at the betting lines. We have been given a gift- lets not blow it.

Give the contract to the Oregon OC.

24-14 Ducks after their long drive.
With only 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter I almost feel the Cougs are in 4 down territory.
Need a drive to get the defense rested.

Looks like de Laura went to sleep at halftime. Accuracy he had on 2 drives is gone, and he won’t look past his first read.

Body language on D isn’t good. Lots of slumping shoulders between plays, not much energy.

I don’t believe Brian Smith is the right guy as OC. We starting jelling when Stutzman took over the play-calling
There is no way to know if that would have continued once teams began to have a book on him. Besides, the teams that he called against are a combined 12-17 versus the last three games the teams are 23-6. I am not sure the offense would have looked quite as good against BYU, ASU, and UO.

That inside option works well against 4-2-5. Even if your outside contain covers the pitch man well, there’s not enough inside support to close the lane for the QB keeper. Oregon is proving that.

Helps that Brown is a big dude. Apparently he’s 230 lbs.

None of the angles they’ve shown are conclusive. But the replay booth can send UO a little closer to the CFP if they give them the TD.

Reactions: HometownCoug
What is also nice is that there was a long break. Good for the defense to rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT