ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Ward

BiggsCoug

Hall Of Fame
Feb 5, 2003
“High level NFL guy.”
Jake Dickert

Can’t wait to see Kiper’s draft rankings.

And then what ? Moore agrees with you and you agree with Kiper ? I hope you aren’t as wrong as Kioer is and as often .

For Cam there is one place … Kansas City . Andy Reed has made qbs millionaires ….maybe he gets Cam to learn how to read a defense .

“High level NFL guy.”
Jake Dickert

I don’t agree, but wtf is he supposed to say? He’s trying to attract recruits and portal kids of course he’s going to praise his players at the highest level. Wouldn’t do much good if he was like…yeah he might make it in the nfl, but probably not.

“High level NFL guy.”
Jake Dickert

Don't have Mel's wisdom, but here is tankathon's rating, with the first number being their overall draft rating. Bo Nix sure has some amazing numbers! :

Caleb Williams
QB | USC

6'1" 215 lbs
PASS YDS 3633
TD 30
INT 5
PCT 68.6
RATING 170.1

Drake Maye
QB | North Carolina

6'4" 230 lbs
PASS YDS 3608
TD 24
INT 9
PCT 63.3
RATING 149.0

Jayden Daniels
QB | LSU

6'4" 210 lbs
PASS YDS 3812
TD 40
INT 4
PCT 72.2
RATING 208.0

Michael Penix Jr.
QB | Washington

6'3" 216 lbs
PASS YDS 4903
TD 36
INT 11
PCT 65.4
RATING 157.1

Bo Nix
QB | Oregon

6'2" 213 lbs
PASS YDS 4508
TD 45
INT 3
PCT 77.4
RATING 188.3

J.J. McCarthy
QB | Michigan

6'3" 202 lbs
PASS YDS 2991
TD 22
INT 4
PCT 72.3
RATING 167.4

Washington State

Cameron Ward
QB | Washington State

6'2" 223 lbs
PASS YDS 3736
TD 25
INT 7
PCT 66.6
RATING 145.4

Don't have Mel's wisdom, but here is tankathon's rating, with the first number being their overall draft rating. Bo Nix sure has some amazing numbers! :

Caleb Williams
QB | USC
6'1" 215 lbs
PASS YDS 3633
TD 30
INT 5
PCT 68.6
RATING 170.1

Drake Maye
QB | North Carolina
6'4" 230 lbs
PASS YDS 3608
TD 24
INT 9
PCT 63.3
RATING 149.0

Jayden Daniels
QB | LSU
6'4" 210 lbs
PASS YDS 3812
TD 40
INT 4
PCT 72.2
RATING 208.0

Michael Penix Jr.
QB | Washington
6'3" 216 lbs
PASS YDS 4903
TD 36
INT 11
PCT 65.4
RATING 157.1

Bo Nix
QB | Oregon
6'2" 213 lbs
PASS YDS 4508
TD 45
INT 3
PCT 77.4
RATING 188.3

J.J. McCarthy
QB | Michigan
6'3" 202 lbs
PASS YDS 2991
TD 22
INT 4
PCT 72.3
RATING 167.4

Washington State

Cameron Ward
QB | Washington State
6'2" 223 lbs
PASS YDS 3736
TD 25
INT 7
PCT 66.6
RATING 145.4

Don’t they know “he is a high level NFL guy?”

uw would have won the title by 5 touchdowns in Cam played for them.

Not understanding how people were bitching about Jayden Daniel’s winning the Heisman. Combined with what he did with his legs he was incredible.

Reactions: Cougini5591

Caleb Williams
QB | USC

6'1" 215 lbs
PASS YDS 3633
TD 30
INT 5
PCT 68.6
RATING 170.1

Drake Maye
QB | North Carolina

6'4" 230 lbs
PASS YDS 3608
TD 24
INT 9
PCT 63.3
RATING 149.0

Jayden Daniels
QB | LSU

6'4" 210 lbs
PASS YDS 3812
TD 40
INT 4
PCT 72.2
RATING 208.0

Michael Penix Jr.
QB | Washington

6'3" 216 lbs
PASS YDS 4903
TD 36
INT 11
PCT 65.4
RATING 157.1

Bo Nix
QB | Oregon

6'2" 213 lbs
PASS YDS 4508
TD 45
INT 3
PCT 77.4
RATING 188.3

J.J. McCarthy
QB | Michigan

6'3" 202 lbs
PASS YDS 2991
TD 22
INT 4
PCT 72.3
RATING 167.4

Washington State

Cameron Ward
QB | Washington State

6'2" 223 lbs
PASS YDS 3736
TD 25
INT 7
PCT 66.6
RATING 145.4

I want to call attention to the numbers.

Cam Ward has 3736 yards.

TD's: 25

Int's: ONLY 7.

66.6% completion

QBR RATING: 145.4

Cam Ward has BLOODY DAMN AWESOME, AMAZING, FANTASTIC, GREAT, ETC, NUMBERS STATS.

ONLY 2 PAST WSU QB'S, MINSHEW, RYAN LEAF, HAD BETTER STATS IN ALL THOSE STAT CATEGORIES.

There are lots that had better stats in 1,2 categories, whether yards, TD's, etc, but extremely few had stats that good in all of the statistical categories.

Cam does NOT fumble the ball a LOT, and does not have a LOT of INT's like Connor Holliday and others had, and Cam actually had one of the best passing yards/TD's to int's ratios, lack of turnovers, etc.

Cam's problem was that he was the COUG IT(Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory (via a bad decision(like running backwards)(taking a sack(fumbling ball(Int(Turn over(etc)MASTER.

And because of that, many here thought, think he has, had MORE turnovers, fumbles, int's, sacks, whatever bad thing, etc, then he Cam actually had.

Cam did NOT make a lot of bad decisions. Cam made a lot of GOOD decisions, played AWESOME.

BUT when Cam made a bad decision, bad play, etc, it was REALLY bad, with BAD TIMING.

And Cam was INCONSISTENT.

This made Cam EXTREMELY BAD IN ULTIMATE CRUNCH TIME.

Because of that, at least for now, I WOULD NOT WANT CAM AS A SUPER BOWL QB.

And that's why Cam lost so many games.

Some of this, that gets semi mitigated by BAD COACHING, BAD O LINE, INJURIES TO WR'S, LACK OF RUNNING GAME, etc.

If Cam was at a BAMA TYPE, with GOOD COACHING, AWESOME O LINE, GREAT RUNNING GAME, COMBINED with his AWESOME arm, talents, skills, abilities, etc, Cam would have put up 4000+ yards, 40+ TD's, ONLY 6 INT's, ONLY 1,2 FUMBLES, ONLY 5 to 10 to 15 Sacks, and WOULD HAVE BEEN 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, etc.

The NFL scouts see, know this, and know that he CAM can get GOOD COACHING, OL, Running game, etc, in the NFL, and that's why Cam is projected 100th to go in the 3rd, 4th, 5th rounds of the NFL draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr8zyncalif

Caleb Williams
QB | USC
6'1" 215 lbs
PASS YDS 3633
TD 30
INT 5
PCT 68.6
RATING 170.1

Drake Maye
QB | North Carolina
6'4" 230 lbs
PASS YDS 3608
TD 24
INT 9
PCT 63.3
RATING 149.0

Jayden Daniels
QB | LSU
6'4" 210 lbs
PASS YDS 3812
TD 40
INT 4
PCT 72.2
RATING 208.0

Michael Penix Jr.
QB | Washington
6'3" 216 lbs
PASS YDS 4903
TD 36
INT 11
PCT 65.4
RATING 157.1

Bo Nix
QB | Oregon
6'2" 213 lbs
PASS YDS 4508
TD 45
INT 3
PCT 77.4
RATING 188.3

J.J. McCarthy
QB | Michigan
6'3" 202 lbs
PASS YDS 2991
TD 22
INT 4
PCT 72.3
RATING 167.4

Washington State

Cameron Ward
QB | Washington State
6'2" 223 lbs
PASS YDS 3736
TD 25
INT 7
PCT 66.6
RATING 145.4
Why do people always put so much stock in U$C QB’s. Name me one U$C qb who has led an NFL team to the Superbowl. Let alone success to their NFL team. Palmer bounced around and was okay. Other than that not much to brag about.

Why do people always put so much stock in U$C QB’s. Name me one U$C qb who has led an NFL team to the Superbowl. Let alone success to their NFL team. Palmer bounced around and was okay. Other than that not much to brag about.

I was struggling to think of any good USC QB's and couldn't. I found a listing of them and while the list is respectably long with 17 NFL QB's, it's remarkably absent of quality NFL play. Matt Cassel wasn't terrible in the NFL and was #2 on their list but the irony is that he never started a game at USC. Rodney Peete was third.

I will say that the NFL is pretty darned fickle. WSU has had a few pretty good QB's who never really got much of a shot because of bad timing or injuries.

I was struggling to think of any good USC QB's and couldn't. I found a listing of them and while the list is respectably long with 17 NFL QB's, it's remarkably absent of quality NFL play. Matt Cassel wasn't terrible in the NFL and was #2 on their list but the irony is that he never started a game at USC. Rodney Peete was third.

I will say that the NFL is pretty darned fickle. WSU has had a few pretty good QB's who never really got much of a shot because of bad timing or injurie

Mark Rypien won a Superbowl with the Washington Redskins and was the MVP. Bledsoe got injured at New England, but still got a ring.

Mark Rypien won a Superbowl with the Washington Redskins and was the MVP. Bledsoe got injured at New England, but still got a ring.
Jack Thompson, Bledsoe, and Minshew were also on the losing side in Super bowls.

Jack Thompson, Bledsoe, and Minshew were also on the losing side in Super bowls.
So was Samoa Samoa! But carrying a clipboard on the losing team ain't quite the same as being the Super Bowl MVP and a prime architect of the win. For all his troubles past and present, Mark's moment in the sun deserves recognition.

Reactions: 79COUG

Caleb Williams
QB | USC
6'1" 215 lbs
PASS YDS 3633
TD 30
INT 5
PCT 68.6
RATING 170.1

Drake Maye
QB | North Carolina
6'4" 230 lbs
PASS YDS 3608
TD 24
INT 9
PCT 63.3
RATING 149.0

Jayden Daniels
QB | LSU
6'4" 210 lbs
PASS YDS 3812
TD 40
INT 4
PCT 72.2
RATING 208.0

Michael Penix Jr.
QB | Washington
6'3" 216 lbs
PASS YDS 4903
TD 36
INT 11
PCT 65.4
RATING 157.1

Bo Nix
QB | Oregon
6'2" 213 lbs
PASS YDS 4508
TD 45
INT 3
PCT 77.4
RATING 188.3

J.J. McCarthy
QB | Michigan
6'3" 202 lbs
PASS YDS 2991
TD 22
INT 4
PCT 72.3
RATING 167.4

Washington State

Cameron Ward
QB | Washington State
6'2" 223 lbs
PASS YDS 3736
TD 25
INT 7
PCT 66.6
RATING 145.4
LOL. Penix is at No. 20?? MKJ has lost it.

Penix has bad knees and can't do anything under pressure with a bad OL. At best his NFL career is as good as Minshew's.

LOL. Penix is at No. 20?? MKJ has lost it.

Penix has bad knees and can't do anything under pressure with a bad OL. At best his NFL career is as good as Minshew's.
Don't think tankathon is associated with Mel. I meant that I didn't have Mel's wisdom, just didn't type the I. No idea where Mel ranks Penix.

He’ll make more at Miami than he would in the NFL. He’s a day 3 pick if he’s picked at all, and there’s not a lot guaranteed at that level.

The bootlicker will not tolerate this post! He is the messiah in Miami!!!

Smart move. Higher exposure with east coast media and IF he can produce about the same numbers and a winning record it may increase his stock value
Not having 5 top 10 QBs going in the same draft will increase his stock. He could be the same QB next year and probably will get drafted 100 picks higher. If he’s marginally better he will probably be a first or second rounder. Smart move

Reactions: mikalalas
Not having 5 top 10 QBs going in the same draft will increase his stock. He could be the same QB next year and probably will get drafted 100 picks higher. If he’s marginally better he will probably be a first or second rounder. Smart move
Also, he hasn't been playing QB in a passing system that long overall. Another year of getting some film behind a decent offensive line, and with more experience reading coverages, etc. also could serve him well, unless dealing with a new offense is too much for him to deal with.

When he decided to go to the NFL draft earlier, I suspect what really happened was Florida State went with DJ (or DJ was willing to take whatever NIL money was on the table, whereas maybe Ward was holding out for more), and then Ward wasn't satisfied with the Miami NIL offering (which owed, in part, to Miami being willing to let him walk). So he "chose" to go to the draft with some limited big-money NIL options. Miami probably struck out in a few other spots, other than landing that guy from Albany, and came back with more money.

A lot of that is speculation, of course, but it never made a lot of sense for him, especially, to make the jump yet if he could make 7 figures or more with NIL for one more year of college. He may never get past his rookie deal in the NFL if he gets one and he has those reasons I alluded to earlier to get another year in college.

One thing that should really help Cam next season is that Miami averaged 175 rushing yards/game. He could be very effective with a legitimate play/action threat.

Long story short, Cam needed another year in college...mostly to develop further, though the added exposure to a different part of the country is also probably a plus. He would have had a difficult time as a late draft pick this year. Maybe he will take another step forward (he was certainly better this year than last, so some added improvement seems realistic) and be able to improve his field vision...which would improve his draft stock. I'd like to see him do well; that is helpful for the staff when talking to new recruits.

Reactions: Coug90
Long story short, Cam needed another year in college...mostly to develop further, though the added exposure to a different part of the country is also probably a plus. He would have had a difficult time as a late draft pick this year. Maybe he will take another step forward (he was certainly better this year than last, so some added improvement seems realistic) and be able to improve his field vision...which would improve his draft stock. I'd like to see him do well; that is helpful for the staff when talking to new recruits.
One slight correction imo. He was better in the first four games. After UCLA punched him in the face he reverted to last years Cam. He was the exact same dude we watched all of 2022 the last 8 games. Now I agree that it will be fascinating to see how good he can be with a running game and consistent line play, he’s going to get punished from time to time no matter what uniform he’s wearing, especially in the nfl. Will he go back to old habits? He’s a good athlete but he’s not Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson. The Houdini shit will get him killed and he will continue to be a fumble machine in today’s NFL. Basically every rush end/LB in the league is faster than him. Huge concern if I’m an NFL GM thinking about using a high pick on a QB.

If Miami puts together a decent team next season, Cam's stock will go up, even if it's not all related to his play. Miami QBs always get the benefit of the doubt in the draft.

If Miami puts together a decent team next season, Cam's stock will go up, even if it's not all related to his play. Miami QBs always get the benefit of the doubt in the draft.
Also outside of FSU and Clemson, which FSU was gutted by being left out of the playoff, he’s not facing as good of defenses as he did in the p12 this last year. I would guess he puts together better season overall, which should get him 100+ spots up the board in a QB class that’s not nearly as strong. Get yourself drafted 3rd round or higher as a QB you will probably have a 3 year shelf life in the nfl at minimum, worst case you end up on a practice squad with some decent guaranteed money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT